The Armory (BW OU RMT)

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
The Armory

Well... Yeah. This is the team I've been using Recently in the BW OU tier on Pokemon Online. Suggestions and Improvements Would be great!

Whip (Mienshao)

Ability: Regenerator Item:Life Orb
252 Att 4 SpD 252 Spe, Jolly Nature

Moves
Stone Edge
Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Fake-Out

Standard Full out attacker Mienshao. Ill Usually lead with Whip, and use the first turn to stop Focus Sashers from surviving the next attack. Regenerator lets it Recover the damage done by life orb. It outruns many common leads like ninetails, un-scarfed politoed, etc.

Shield (Ferrothorn)

Ability:Iron Barbs Item:Rocky Helmet
44 HP 160 Att 160 Def 144 SpD, Brave Nature
Ivs: 19 Spe

Moves
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Thunder Wave

Shield is quite the wall. Any switch in to any direct physical move (punches, moves like outrage, Etc.) will damage them by 31% because of Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs. The 17 Speed Ivs are to barely outspeed 0 speed IV Reuniclus in trick room. Usually, Her Switching in will cause the opponent to switch the next turn, just to give me a free SR setup or let me cripple them with Thunder Wave. When a switch does not occur, Leech Seed, followed by power whip spam will quickly bring them down. He deals with bulky waters, physical sweepers, and lures fire and fighting attacks for...

Torch (Chandelure)

Ability: Flash Fire Item: Choice Scarf
4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe Modest

Moves
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Overheat

Sweet, Sweet Revenge. Torch is my primary revenge killer, with its humongous 135 base Special Attack and Choice Scarf Boosted Speed. As I said before, Shield lures fire attacks for the flash fire boost. after the boost, this thing can plow through x2 resistant pokes with heat wave, like Charizard and Darmantian. It also deals with Ghost types like Gengar (she outspeeds with Scarf) and other Chandelures.

Maul (Landorus)

252 Att 4HP 252 Spe Naive
Ability: Sand Force Item: Leftovers

Moves
EarthQuake
Stone Edge
Hidden Power Ice
Swords Dance

As Mr. Anti-Sandstorm, He easily sets up on Excadrill, due to the fact that rock slide only does around 30% damage to him. Sand Power lets him completely devastate sandstorm teams. Trying to decide if I should opt for Life Orb instead of Leftovers.

Scimitar (Gyrados)

64 HP 252 Att 188 Spe
Ability:Intimidate Item:Leftovers

Moves
Aqua Tail
EarthQuake
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance

Scimitar was a little late to the party,as he became my coverage to bulky ground types like Gliscor or Hippodown. Ill Probably change this guy to a bulkier spread at some point, because with life orb, he was dying without a chance to sweep. I really don't want to switch to stone edge on the guy, because otherwise, I just added several more defensive threats to the list.

Mace (Rotom-W)

128 HP 252 SpA 128 Spe Modest
Ability: Pressure Item: Leftovers

Moves
ThunderBolt
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power (fire)
Pain Split

This Guy Helped move my team to a new level. Mace's one weakness, Grass, Is mostly found on sun teams. His natural bulk makes him serpierior to Raikou, and painsplit gives him a form of recovery Raikou Doesn't have access to. Ill wright more about this when I use him more.

Threat List

Thundurus

This thing isn't a problem unless I let it set up. a quick nasty plot and I have serious problem, taking hits from Thunder Bolts and Focus Blasts. I can usually deal with it by revenge killing it with chandelure if it sets up on me before I have a chance to kill it, but if Torch is already dead by then, I've got a problem.

Bronzong

Walling My team all over the place. lagging tail trick especially is a problem, as it will slow down my much appreciated speed priority of my team. This tanky little SOB is quite the problem sometimes, especially if it tricks a lagging tail onto my Chandelure.

Tyranitar

This thing is quite the pain if it switches in during a revenge kill while I'm not expecting it. Its great typing and stats lets it stop everything bar Mienshao and Rotom. MixTar and ones carrying pursuit (deals around 121% damage with a switch, 64.4% - 77% without) are especially a problem due to flamethrower K0ing Ferrothorn and Ice beam dealing with Landorus.

Anyhow, rate my Team! any suggestions/ weak points of the team would be graciously accepted.

The Armory

Well... Yeah. This is the team I've been using Recently in the BW OU tier on Pokemon Online. Suggestions and Improvements Would be great!

Whip (Mienshao)

Moves
Stone Edge
Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Fake-Out

Standard Full out attacker Mienshao. Ill Usually lead with Whip, and use the first turn to stop Focus Sashers from surviving the next attack. Regenerator lets it Recover the damage done by life orb. It outruns many common leads like ninetails, un-scarfed politoed, etc.

This seems like a good set, and it most likely works for you, all i'd say is personally i would use focus band, it jumped out at me straight away, although fake out could do with replacing if you chose to use focus band, maybe drain punch?

Shield (Ferrothorn)

200 Att 164 Def 144 SpD, Adamant Nature

Moves
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Thunder Wave

Shield is quite the wall. Any switch in to any direct physical move (punches, moves like outrage, Etc.) will damage them by 31% because of Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs. Usually, Her Switching in will cause the opponent to switch the next turn, just to give me a free SR setup or let me cripple them with Thunder Wave. When a switch does not occur, Leech Seed, followed by power whip spam will quickly bring them down. He deals with bulky waters, physical sweepers, and lures fire and fighting attacks for...

Ferrothorn...i have nothing to say ¬¬ apart from maybe use a double hazard replacing twave?

Torch (Chandelure)

Moves
Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Energy Ball

Sweet, Sweet Revenge. Torch is my primary revenge killer, with its humongous 135 base Special Attack and Choice Scarf Boosted Speed. As I said before, Shield lures fire attacks for the flash fire boost. after the boost, this thing can plow through x2 resistant pokes with heat wave, like Charizard and Darmantian. It also deals with Ghost types like Gengar (she outspeeds with Scarf) and other Chandelures.

that's an...interesting chandelure set, only thing i would say that in personal choice i might use a drought set up, like the classic ninetails, this would just strengthen your chandelure set and allow you to replace energy ball with solar beam for a one shot hit...that'd be actually pretty cool.

Maul (Landorus)

252 Att 4HP 252 Spe Jolly

Moves
EarthQuake
Stone Edge
Hammer Arm
Swords Dance

As Mr. Anti-Sandstorm, He easily sets up on Excadrill, due to the fact that rock slide only does around 30% damage to him. Sand Power lets him completely devastate sandstorm teams. Trying to decide if I should opt for Life Orb instead of Leftovers.
life orb, definitely, in all honesty genies aren't really meant to be long lasting players in battles, i'd suggest making it life orb and replace swords dance with something like outrage? that sounds like a pretty solid set.

Scimitar (Gyrados)

252 Att 4 SpD 252 Spe
Ability:Intimidate Item:Leftovers

Moves
Aqua Tail
EarthQuake
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance

Scimitar was a little late to the party,as he became my coverage to bulky ground types like Gliscor or Hippodown. Ill Probably change this guy to a bulkier spread at some point, because with life orb, he was dying without a chance to sweep. I really don't want to switch to stone edge on the guy, because otherwise, I just added several more defensive threats to the list.

seems like some solid moves, but i suggest you invest some evs in his defences, to make him a little bulkier. one suggestion i have for the moves is adding in thunder, to deal with opposing gyarados and other such threats, other than that, pretty solid.

Spear (Raikou)

252 SpA 4 Def 252 SpD Rash

Moves
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
ThunderBolt
Calm Mind

Alright, the nature is weird, I agree. but the ONLY reason it's rash is because if it isn't it can't have aura sphere. Goodbye Perfect Neutral coverage. Spear is usually my late game sweeper, and pulls it off extraordinarily. Several times Spear saved me when I was in a tight spot. Unfortunately, and has problems with ground types like Garchomp, Excadrill, and Gliscor. Overall Spear is sometimes my saving grace late game.

hm...rash...okay why oh why not have it at modest? D: am i missing something you have going on here? 'cause you dont have any physical attacking moves...oh well, yeah change to modest.

overall a pretty solid team, i give it a 7/10 at first glance, overall, nice team (:

Ignus

Like I said, the ONLY reason it's rash is because as an event pokemon, rash is the only nature that can learn aura sphere. Also, I have been using a bulkier version of gyra, just not on this computer.

Full rate later as I am on break at work and typing from my phone. Mienshao is perfect the way it is. Maybe some health evs in ferrothorn, I dnt ever use him so I'm not up to date on what his evs are usually like. Chandlelure also seems fine. Landorus just put LO on, keep swords dance. Gyra, just add bulk. And to answer MegaChris's question, Raikou is Rash cuz its the event raikou with aura sphere so it needs to be rash

I don't understand why Skarmory is eating your children. Both Chandelure and Raikou kill it in one hit. If you really want, Gyarados completely destroys Skarmory with Taunt.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Adamant | Intimidate
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Taunt
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge/Earthquake

This set takes care of both your Heatran and Skarmory problem. Against Heatran without HP Electric, you can Dragon Dance all day or just go for the kill with Waterfall. TormentTran and other defensive sets of the sort are stopped by Taunt. Against Skarmory, Taunt leaves it crippled and forced to use Brave Bird, which will do little damage after Intimidate. This sets you up for an easy couple of Dragon Dances. With this EV set, you'll need more Dragon Dances to sweep whole teams though. Stone Edge is definitely the better choice here as it gives you something Neutral versus the Dragons(do NOT run Ice Fang).

Now a quick run through of the rest of the team:
Whip (Mienshao)

Moves
Stone Edge
Hi Jump Kick
U-turn
Fake-Out

Nothing much to change here. Life Orb can be crucial at times so I'd leave this Pokemon the same.

Shield (Ferrothorn)

200 Att 164 Def 144 SpD, Adamant Nature

Moves
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Power Whip
Thunder Wave

Another standard Pokemon. Not much to consider here. I'd leave this as is too.

Torch (Chandelure)

Moves
Heat Wave
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Energy Ball

Alright, this could use some work. For starters, why on earth are you running Heat Wave over Fire Blast or even Flamethrower? I would go with Flamethrower because it is only 5 power less, and 10 more accuracy.

Leave Shadow Ball.

Hidden Power Ice and Energy Ball are kind of weird together. I would pick one and drop the other to make room for Overheat. Seriously, Hidden Power Ice does less to a Haxorus then Overheat. You should really consider putting a one turn powerhouse move on this set, because that is what Choice Pokemon do best, hit and run.

But this seems like more of a Revenge Killer to me, so the choice is yours. Definitely get rid of Heat Wave though. It has no use outside of Doubles or if your name is Zapdos.

252 Att 4HP 252 Spe Jolly

Moves
EarthQuake
Stone Edge
Hammer Arm
Swords Dance

Strap on a Life Orb, or maybe even a Choice Band. If you are going with the Choice Band, then put U-Turn over Swords Dance. If you're going with the Life Orb, Hammer Arm will only hurt you more than it will help. If you get your speed cut, your in for a bad revenge kill, supposing they don't switch to a Ghost and KO you if you stay in. Looking at Landorus' moves though, I would try some gimmick move like Smack Down. On the turn they switch, just use Smack Down. If it's a Skarmory, Zapdos, Thundurus, Gengar, or any Rotom Form, they will be forced to switch out again or suffer the wrath of STAB Earthquake. Watch out for Gengar and anything faster than you, one Ice move and you're dead.

Spear (Raikou)

252 SpA 4 Def 252 SpD Rash

Moves
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball
ThunderBolt
Calm Mind

I don't really know what to say about this. If it works for you then keep it. But I am sure there are much better options out there. For example, Rotom-W is a much better option. It gives you a nice second Ground immunity to help Chandelure out, and has only one weakness, Grass, which 2 other Pokemon resist and the others only take Neutral from it. It also threatens Skarmory and enemy Heatran with Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump respectively. Although, Heatran and Skarmory do little damage to Rotom anyways.

Hope this helped. Try out the new Rotom-W and Taunt Gyarados sets and see what happens.

Why in the world are using Heat Wave, instead of Flamethrower, Fire Blast or Overheat?

DON'T use solarbeam. It is already a crappy move on grass pokes, since weather changes, which are very common, turn you into a setup bait. Imagine using it on a choiced poke, frail as hell and so important for the team??? Why do people come up with those terrible suggestions anyway??

You should use HP Ice on Landrous. This is the most standard set nowadays. You use either -def or -sdef nature with +atk. This way you are able to maul gliscor, who otherwise walls you all day. Hammer Arm isn't that useful anyway, cause it will miss on the worst occasions and also lowers your speed, which is important on Landorous.

You have Raikou, Chandelure and still have problems with Skarmony? That makes no sense.

Ignus

Alright. Ill try Rotom-W and taunt grya. Great Ideas. also, outrage landy sucks. Not worth it. HP ice on Landy also seems like a good idea. I've tried Smack down before, and frankly, its not that useful. Ill also try overheat on Chandelure. On a side note: Skarm isn't really a problem here anymore. He got easier as time went on. Probably the only reason I was having trouble with it was the players OTHER pokemon, so Ill edit that and take him off the list. Thanks for the suggestions. EDIT: Rotom-W works great.

Have you tried taunt instead of Stone Edge on Meinshao? Since you don't have a spinner but you do have a choiced chandelure, stopping rocks should be a priority. I know you lose a bit of coverage but Stealth Rocks could really hurt your team, chopping 25% off chandelure every time it switches (a lot) and also Gyarados.

Meinshao is fine, dont change it. Ferrothorn wants HP EV's, it doesnt need 200 attack if the only attack it is running is power whip. Invest maybe 40 attack, 252 HP, and rest into Defenses. Chandelure doesnt need heat wave. if you dont want FB, then go for flamethrower. The 5 bp increase on Heat Wave isnt worth the accuracy decrease. Hammer Arm just puts and end to any hope landlos has at a sweep due to the speed drop. You dont need volt switch on rotom-w, thunderbolt is just a better option since you're running a more defensive set.

Ignus

Right. I forgot to update some stuff on here. Ill do that real quickly. I agree, thunder bolt does work better on him. good advice. Taunt also may be a good option on mienshao, as an antilead and all out attacker.

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hello Ignus, this teams seems like it is going to have problems with threats like Trick Room Reuniclus and Nasty Plot Thundurus. Trick Room Reuniclus can set up trick room and mess with your carefully prepared plan by being able to control the offensive momentum of the game completely. Nasty Plot Thundurus can set up and rip through this team with easy with stab thunderbolts and boosted focus blasts. I am going to suggest that you switch your revenge killer around in order to deal with these threats more efficiently. A choice scarf garchomp will help you deal with nasty plot thundurus as you will be able to outspeed it and it it with a powerful outrage. Garchomp also provides you with an extra electric immune so that your team can switch around much more easily against pokemon such as Rotom-W and Thundurus. Shandera would be a perfect Pokemon to test Garchomp over as they would fill similar roles in this team, meaning that your synergy would not be messed up too much by the transition.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe Sand Veil
Outrage | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Fire Fang

Next, I recommend that you get a pokemon that takes on Trick Room Reuniclus and other threats that can fire off high powered special attacks immediately such as Latios. A Specially Defensive Jirachi would work perfectly for this as it allows you to resist Latios' stab and take on reuniclus by using iron head and wish to take it on very easily. Jirachi would fit perfectly over your Landorus as it seems to be the major weak link in this team, not being able to take full advantage of its sandstorm ability completely as you lack sandstorm on this team. You also have most other sandstorm pokemon checked nicely with Rotom-W, although you could try a bulkier spread of 252 HP | 212 Def | 44 SpA in order to check Landorus better. Although, this is the set for Jirachi that I am going to recommend:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful 252 HP | 216 SpD | 40 Spe Serene Grace
Body Slam | Iron Head | Fire Punch | Wish

That's all that I am going to change right now, gl.

Ignus

@ AB2
While I agree with you on NP Thundurus, Reuniclus has never been a problem. The only time Reuniclus ever switches in is on Mienshao, who quickly U-turns to Ferrothorn. (this does 58.4% - 68.8%) Ferro can outspeed and ko after the U-turn. (with 200 attack EVs on ferro, it will 2hko 98 percent of the time, so I changed it to 208 to 2hko 100%, and it will outspeed to kill when I change ferro to 19 IVs in speed. Thanks for making me look closer at TR reuni!) Ill try Revenge Garchomp out also, thanks. On a side note, do you have any other ideas to replace Landorus? I'm not really a fan of Jirachi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)