ORAS LC The Baby Monsters- A Balanced Team (peaked #79)

Hey guys! Its thecrystalonix here with my second RMT. I decided I wanted to try out a new tier because I needed a break from OU, and here I am in LC! I am relatively new to the tier still, and I would appreciate all the feedback given to me. This is a team I recently made, and has managed to get me to number 79 on the ladder. So, without further ado....
The Team!

Aren't they adorable?​

I decided to make a team based off the core of Porygon and Spritzee, a special and physical wall core.

Next, the Porygon+Spritzee core gets ruined by Pawniard, so I needed a check. Mienfoo came to mind as it has regenerator so it can act as a pivot as well, dealing with the Pawniard problem, as well as steel types in general.

Now, I wanted a Stealth Rock setter, along with a pokemon to get rid of hazards out of my side. There were two options: Drilbur or Sandshrew. I choose Drilbur for the bulk and speed. Stealth Rocks of my own is able to pressure the opponent, especially with the defensive core forcing switches.

I wanted a revenge killer along with a hard hitter, so Abra is what I decided to go with.

And finally, it looked like my team had no win condition. I choose one of the best late game sweepers, Fletchling(baby talonflame n_n) with SD and Acrobatics. It also forms a U-turn core with Mienfoo, and Mienfoo takes care of the rocks and steels Fletchling dosen't like.

But wait! Looks like baby talon got replaced with Pawniard. SD Pawn is still able to act as my win condition, but now can also deal with bulkier teams and bulky fairies, two things my team couldn't easily handle.
or

In-Depth Look

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Level: 5
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave​
First off, we got Porygon, my specially defensive wall of the team. It is able to force switches and wear down teams with the support of stealth rocks. Things like Pawniard and Mienfoo get residual damage with the rocks along with Thunderbolt. The whole reason I decided to use T-bolt was to be able to catch Pawniard on the switch and do decent damage, while Ice beam and Psychic can't touch Pawniard. I have Thunder Wave to be able to cripple offense and allow my Mienfoo and Drilbur to have an easier time.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy​
Now, we got Spritzee, the physical defender. Spritzee is my first switch into physical attackers to sponge hits and wither down the opponent with Moonblast, as well as being a wall with Wish+Protect. Aromatherapy is there to make my Spritzee a great cleric in conjunction with the ability to wish pass. I can wish pass and clear status to keep my team alive. Spritzee is a fairy type, so it is able to handle threats to Porygon, such as Mienfoo and other fighting types.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out​
When you look at Porygon and Spritzee, you see a glaring weakness, a core that gets completely crumpled by one of the S-class pokemon. What is it? Pawniard. Mienfoo is here as my way to handle Pawniard(and other steel types). Knocking off items is also great, as it leadsway for itself, Abra, or Fletchling to sweep easier. U-turn is great for gaining momentum against switches, as well as being able to get chip damage and go into one of the walls. Fake Out is the filler move(idk whether to use acrobatics).

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin​
Drilbur is my hazard control pokemon. No team likes hazards, so I have Stealth Rock to be able to pressure my opponent's team. I also have rapid spin to be able to spin away hazards on my side of the field. Earthquake is the main stab move here, and Rock Slide is to hit birds that are immune to earthquake. I have choosen to use Eviolite to have sustain throughout the battle and with the extra bulk I can live hits and take a Wish passed from Spritzee. In return, Drilbur can also take care of the steel types that hurt Spritzee.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Protect​
Abra is my main revenge killer of the team. With Magic Guard and Focus sash, it avoids hazard damage and Toxic/Will-o-Wisp. It hits harder than Fletchling without boosts, and is meant to cause trouble to offense. Dazzling Gleam is there to hit dark types(should I use shadow ball?), and HP Fighting is for one of the biggest threats of the team(and the whole tier), Pawniard. Protect is my filler move, it helps with dealing with Fake Out and is a great move for scouting.

Pawniard(Formerly Fletchling) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance​

What was formerly Fletchling, we have Pawniard here now. Pawniard checks the bulky fairies that my team cannot easily handle, such as Snubbul or Spritzee. While my win condition is gone, Pawniard is my new win condition, and the bulky core of Porygon and Sprizee is able to wear down teams for Pawniard to win. Having a second knock offer also helps with defensive teams. Pawniard appreciates the Wish support from Spritzee, as it allows it to live longer throughout the battle. I choose Swords Dance because opposing Pawniards are dealt with on the team.
Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Protect

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Im lc ubeR
Screen Shot 2015-02-05 at 8.49.07 PM.png

What LC pokemon does not like their item knocked off? Not one I can think of. Pawniard can switch in on one of my walls and Knock Off items and pressure my team greatly. Mienfoo does take a solid amount of damage by Iron Head.
+
Theres not much my team can do to Regenerator cores. I usually lose against regenerator cores.
My team can't really touch bulky fairies. I just have to embrace the hax n_n.

*Edit* The suggested Pawniard takes care of Regenerator cores and fairies ^_^. Will update as I play more and find threats.

>

I am considering Gothita over Abra to be able to deal with defensive pokemon more easier. IDK if this is a smart idea, though.

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 156 HP / 200 Atk / 92 Def / 40 SpA / 20 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Swords Dance​
Fletchling is my win condition of the team. Once every check of this monster has been weakened, I find an opportunity to set up and win. Overheat is able to take care of Magnemite after rocks, as well as picking off weakened steel types. But the main reason this is here on my team, is like Talonflame, is my Gale Wings priority Acrobatics spammer. It is able to deal with offense, and can deal with defense if I have Swords Dance set up. U-turn is for chip damage and gaining momentum, along with forming a U-turn core with Mienfoo.

Well, that brings me to the end of my RMT! I hope you liked it. I appreciate all the help from the people in the LC room, it has got me this far!

I appreciate all rates and comments!​

Last edited:
Hi thecrystalonix, this is a nice team, however I have a few changes in mind!

First of all, change Fake Out on Mienfoo to Taunt. Fake Out generally makes you lose momentum and Taunt's utility helps a ton to stop Hazards and set up.

Also, I suggest that you change Fletchling to SD Pawniard. From your threatlist, I can see that Pawniard basically beat everyone of your threats, and SD Pawn makes it so you don't completely lose a win condition. Also, more Knock Off can help your team a lot.

Hey man, thanks for your reply! I will make sure to try out SD Pawn(i thought pawns ran only brick break x.x), it seems like it can put in work on my team. I believe though that having pawn makes me more mienfoo weak, should i run acrobatics on mienfoo? Because I want to use pawn but not sure about this one.

A reason I suggested Pawniard was because it wouldn't weaken your matchup against Mienfoo as long as you keep Spritzee and Abra alive, not to mention that your own Mienfoo can take on a weakened Mienfoo if needed.

Oh, I almost forgot! Replace Thunderbolt on Porygon to Ice Beam to hit Drilbur, you don't really lose anything from using Ice Beam and Thunderbolt doesn't get rid of anything that your team can't handle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)