The Batman Crew (RMT #1)

Yo wassup. I'm new to this stuff and probably not good at this (just kidding SELF ESTEEM BOOST.) I was messing around and decided to make a team and kicked together a team. This team april or april not be good, but it's probably hecka good. Nah, just kidding.

Well I called this team The Batman Crew because I totally didn't think of this in the bathroom, but because I thought that a lot of roles in pokemon could vaguely related to some random crap about superheroes. Or something. Shut up. And let's now refer this team as the...
The Super Great Batman Crew Team
Let's just jump into this before something gets hurt.

Team at a Glance

Team Building
Warning! This team building shows every single little nitpick I had, which surprisingly isn't that bad. But still there is still a lot of crap, and it will take a while to get through it. A lot of while. but please don't leave me ;-;

This was my starting point. Pinsir is a cool dude, being the only viable Moxie user in the tier (go away Mightyena lovers, if there even are any >:D). Also my scarfed poke and ready to become a broom. Steelix is just there because I hadn't tried him out and obviously Steelix does not dissapoint. Steelix does them stones, walls, phazes, and all the things (Just kidding, that's all Steelix does.)

Add 1 Slowking to have ok synergy with Steelix and a special wall. A Weezing is optional to have an extra physical wall.

Rotom-C was added as another pretty good pivot, this Rotom-C is also defensive. Gallade was added as a kick-up start for Pinsir, to maybe take a mini-sweep or get some dents on other pokes. This in hindsight was pretty silly because the set was Sub BU. Don't judge me.

Emboar took Gallade's spot for more firepower than a CB Gallade, although like I said I was running Sub BU, it is worthy to note that Emboar is bulkier and more powerful than a CB Gallade. As well, I needed a wallbreaker such as Emboar to try to take care of really bothersome walls, emphasis on Regenerators such as Slowking and Amoonguss, which occur as a major problem still. Speedy or really bulky hazard setters were running all over my team, such as Scolipede, Ferroseed, and Crustle. I added Cryogonal to put all the effort in vein, and as a bonus, Cryogonal can outstall a lot of the popular spinblockers in RU.

Lanturn came over Emboar, because still Emboar could not break through the almighty Regenerator core. Although Lanturn could not deal with the walls themselves, it gave an extra volt switch + cleric support which was pretty nice. Lanturn additionally served as my Moltres and Magmortar check which both ran ALL OVER MY TEAM.

Skipping some stones, but I'll try to summarize. First off, I have established a wallbreaker ain't gonna do it for this team. Walls are troubling but not that much to dedicate a whole member to the job. I used mantine instead of lanturn to get a reliable status absorber, reliable healing (although not really because it's rest). Mantine also still maintains a check on Moltres which is a major threat on my team. Whimsicott replaces slowking because I already had Mantine there, why Slowking? Whimsicott could stop set-up sweepers who set-up all over my body as my team is pretty slow in general. Shelgon reinforced the fire resistance I needed for the team and checked Magmortar, which was yet another fire sweeper stomping all over me. As just more to get from Shelgon, I could wish pass to members in need, mainly Steelix. (Wish Shelgon)

Slowking + Whimsicott replace Mantine + Whimsicott because Slowking was just better in general. Although now Moltres had free reign, Slowking can still take at least 2 hits if the Moltres predicts with the wrong move and Shelgon ain't too shabby at the job either. Whimsicott still stops all the set-up sweepers in time. There was just more things poking at me. Regenerators are still butts, and Magic Guard users were always butts, just not addressed.(Sigilyph and Clefable, especially offensive Clefable is quite the nightmare)It's just that I REALLY just couldn't think of a counter.

Finally a Specs Manectric went over Whimsicott, still able to stop a set-up sweeper somewhat with a simple Switcheroo and as of more importance cripple walls. Yes, I know, I said that wallbreakers didn't cut it, which is exactly why I decided to switch my Specs Manectric, to Scarf Manectric. Scarf Manectric was now able to really check a lot of those fast and frail pokemon not limited to Durant after a free switch or a predicted Hone Claws. One more change that is currently in play is changing Wish Shelgon to Bulky Dragon Dance, to attempt to set up on the Regenerator core which I cannot tell you HOW much trouble it is. This completes the Batman Crew Team.

"The Armor"
@

Steelix (Titanium-X)
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spd)
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Roar

Steelix is quite the manly man. He mans up and takes those hits like a man, but can't take any far shots like a, or a deadly flamethrower because that's not what a man does. Manliness aside, Steelix basically walls almost all of the RU tier including: Cinccino, Archeops, CB Aggron locked into the wrong move (although I am seeing CB Aggrons NOT running Earthquake for whatever reason.), CB Spiritomb, Aerodactyl, and yeah you get the point. Steelix sets up them essential rocks and can phaze out an emergency out of control sweeper at max HP thanks to Sturdy. EVs just maximize physical bulk which in my opinion all Steelix should be taking at all.

Reason For the Batman Crew
Steelix is the armor. He will take pretty much any given hit on the physical side. Steelix sets up Stealth Rock and can phaze with Roar which is essential from letting certain Pokemon get ready to tear my team apart. This is a balanced team and just widdles health away until either I continue the process and revenge kill, or get ready for a sweep with Pinsir. To reach this goal Stealth Rock is necessary (while on every team it is necessary) and Steelix isn't too bad at dishing out attacks either, 150 Base Power STAB Gyro Ball is nothing to laugh about.

"The Utility Belt"
@

Slowking (Sighking)
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Slowking pairs well with Steelix having good synergy together. Slowking usually serves as my switch-in to a lot of things, because Regenerator takes me right back up to health and no cholesterol. Slowking just does what he does, it really doesn't take effort to place him onto a team. EVs are to make Slowking's defense and special defense both 295. I really don't know what to peak at or anything, so somebody could definitely look into that.

Reason for the Batman Crew
Slowking is the utility belt, and is able to just switch in freely and counter and widdle down threats the most easily in all the team members. I just wanted a good pair with Steelix, and overall I need some good fire resists, and Slowking offers pretty high value. A pivot is excellent and then I can status a switch-in to keep the residual and steady damage going, with the goal of the Pinsir sweep.

"The Backup Storage"
@

Shelgon (Shelgone)
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SDef/ 4 Atk
Careful Nature (+SDef -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Shelgon is pretty underrated. He checks some pretty huge threats coming in Magmortar, Moltres, E-Vire (although useless E-vire is useless) Entei, Galvantula, etc. Shelgon serves as the backup buddy. He can come in when he wants, especially Magmortar as nothing can take it on, but is usually saved until a member has gone down, so he takes the place of that member. Shelgon can also sweep in addition to take hits, if it is able to get multiple boosts under his belt (not the Slowking). EVs are to maximixe special bulk as physical bulk is already fine to become a supreme mixed wall.

Shelgon is the backup parts. Lost a Slowking and need that check to Entei? Shelgon IT UP. Lost a Steelix and need that check for Cinccino? Shelgon IT UP. See? Shelgon can be a pretty good replacement for the major threats that would have ripped my team once that pokemon was gone, but then Shelgon comes in brave and heroic. I also found pokemon at the 3rd generation and just liked Shelgon so +Awesome Pokemon Points :D

Note
Shelgon is currently being tested with Qwilfish in place.

"The Cape"
@

Cryogonal (Pyrogonal)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 Def/ 248 HP/ 88 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef -Atk)
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

In the beginning, I thought Cryogonal was a (game) FREAK such as Druddigon, Stunfisk, Garbodor and others I shall not name so nobody has their feelings hurt. Turns out, Cryogonal is a really reliable spinner that can even beat spinblockers. Contrary to belief, Spiritomb really doesn't stop Cryogonal, unless it tricks the CB (probably won't expecting a switch) or CM Spiritomb (which I HATE). The only spinblocker that beats Cryogonal is Dusknoir (and CM Spiritomb) which kinda sucks in general and is usually not seen at all. EVs in defense ensure that CB Spiritomb's Pursuit/Shadow Sneak does about 45%-ish on average and only 55%-ish at max damage, so you can toxic it and proceed to recover stall. The rest of the EVs are dumped into special defense to take some hits.

Cryogonal is the cape. It can make all hazards vanish, with a swoop of the cape. Cryogonal was much needed to spin all the hazards that hurt me badly, and now with only Cryogonal as above the spikes (but still bad against SR) it is far more necessary. Cryogonal also serves as a special pivot, kind of like Steelix only coming into the things, it is sure to take. But really, Cryogonal's only job is to spin hazards, maybe toxic one thing, and look flashy, he's a cape, what do you expect?

The Weaponry
@

Manectric (Plasnectric)
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 40 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Grass
- Switcheroo

More often than not, I will lead with Manectric, to get some good damage and scout (unless their lead is like a Uxie, then it's more beneficial to lead with Steelix to get rocks immediately and then maybe Roar on the switch after Uxie gets its rocks up too.) Manectric is quite the charm volt switching here and there and everywhere packing some punches and knees and kicks, and getting revenge kills. EVs for speed stop at the point which I outspeed scarf Typhlosion which is the fastest runner-up to Manectric (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) so I see no reason to maximize the speed unless there IS a reason. I'll take that reason because 40 HP EVs makes Manectric from a wet tissue to a piece of paper. Maximize special attack for all the power.

Manectric is the weaponry getting some hard hits on things, and whipping out some surprise factor.When I lead with Manectric, and the correct assumption that it is scarfed is made, people usually are taken at least a teensy aback when scarf Pinsir comes in. This gives me surprise factor and more broom potential with my Pinsir. Manectric is my to-go backup revenger and janitor (cleaning up when it's late [game]). Although that will almost never happen because Pinsir doesn't come in early or even mid a lot of the time. Even if it does happen, Manectric definitely has the firepower to pull off the sweep for Pinsir. This also ensures a nice special/physical clean-up going either way.

"The Adrenaline"
@

Pinsir (Sir Pin)
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 40 HP/ 252 Atk/ 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Pinsir, my man. This dude is awesome when he gets the Moxie going and sweeps a team. Frankly and ironically, a sweep from Pinsir has probably happened maybe 2-3 times out of the like 50 games I've played with this team. Whatever, he still serves as a revenge killer and that's fine. EVs in speed, again like Manectric, outspeeds max speed positive natured Accelgor, the runner-up to scarf Pinsir. And again, if there is a reason to max speed, then please tell me. Max attack for the POWer. Dump rest of EVs into HP since Pinsir actually isn't too bad defensively.

Reason for the Batman Team
Pinsir is the adrenaline. After he starts getting pumped and going, nothing is going to stop him. Pinsir is pretty rare, even in NU, while I think it shouldn't because it can really take down some big threats (I'm looking at you Slowking, think you're #1 huh? Well I guess you're right according to statistics :1). Pinsir I want to say is my MVP because of his advanced broom transformation but really it probably goes to Slowking (shut up, I know I just ranted about him). The point is though... Pinsir can sweep. Pinsir can dent (your car). Pinsir is cool. Pinsir was the basis of my team, so deal with it.

Threats
Special Fire-Types: Moltres, Magmortar, Typhlosion

These guys can get pretty out of hand after my Shelgon is down. Yeah Slowking can kind of check them, but Hurricane from Moltres has the potential to 2HKO, Magmortar's Tbolt has the potential to 2HKO and an Eruption from Typhlosion still hurts, but not as much of a problem. You may be thinking, "You can force them out with Pinsir!" Yes I can, but then they'll switch and every time their little fire type comes in, I have to fodder something, which is not something I'd like to think about because this team is pretty reliant on each other with a Shelgon as a "just in case."

Magic Guard Butts: Sigilyph, Clefable

I just don't even want to play against a team with this. Switcheroo the scarf to them and that's all I got. I can go for a quick Stone Edge on Sigilyph, and a CC on Clefable, but really there isn't a room for a switch with Pinsir. Sigilyph isn't as much of a problem if it is Flame Orb variant and has the scarf. Clefable can still be a MAJOR pain the butt even if the scarf is on there, just because it can still sit there all freakin' day long. I don't know what to do, HELP ME D:

Regenerator Butts (You kick their ass and then it suddenly regroups back): Slowking, Amoonguss, Tangrowth,
To a lesser extent: Alomamola, Audino

I just... no... these things are THE ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE OF THIS. If you haven't caught on, this team takes out pokes with slow and steady damage. I damage that Slowking and then he switches just to say, "NUP!" and I rage quit ;-; I can never get the damage onto the pokemon to take it out. Amoonguss is also a worthy mention and probably the worst of them all. Trying to do something about Amoonguss... NUP spored. Trying to set up with Shelgon... NUP clear smogged. Trying to kill with Overheat from Manectric... NUP, Amoonguss is just a fat-ass and just takes like only about 50% and more than half of that is taken up when he switches. THE PAIN.

Final Comments
Really there is nothing, but to summarize what I need help with basically.
Need help with EVs unless they are ok, because I only know the basic stuff about them.
Magic Guard and Regenerator users are definitely a big stopper to this team, and something needs to be done. The problem is, I feel like they have pretty good synergy together that shouldn't be taken away.
Make any suggestion about any pokemon, I have no attachment to any of them.
I know I wrote a lot, but I felt it had to be good for my first RMT and then I'll slack if I do anymore :D

A Final Look

You've got a pretty solid team there. I can't really find too many glaring weaknesses tbh, but i think a few things might help your team out.

-Try Intimidate Qwilfish over your Shelgon. Qwilfish gives your team something i feel would really help it out- spikes. It does pack toxic spikes as well, but spikes are more important in general, wearing down opposing threats, especially on top of rocks. I suggest a moveset of Waterfall/Spikes/Pain Split/Taunt. In the last spot, Thunder Wave also fits nicely, as does haze. This gives you another solid physical wall that hard counters Entei and is decent Moltres counter. But again, the main draw here is spikes.
-Second, I higly suggest switching your Slowking to a specially defensive one (252hp/4def/252spD Calm) consisting of the same moveset. With Steelix and Qwilfish (or even Shelgon if you kept it) you still have a very solid physically defensive core. Oh, and theres also this: 252SpAtk Life Orb Magmortar (+SAtk) Thunderbolt vs 252HP/252SpDef Slowking (+SpDef): 49% - 58% (194 - 230 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 24% chance to 2HKO. If you then take leftovers into account, Slowking is almost never 2HKOd. Slowking also OHKOs 4hp Magmortar using Scald with SR and a round of Spikes.
-Lastly, I suggest switching Manetric for either Magmortar or Sceptile. Magmortar gives you a complete counter to both Amoongus and Smeargle, and is able to nail Clefable and the like with either Focus Blast or Cross Chop. I recommend a 252hp/252spA/4spe Modest spread to keep with the style of your team whilst providing a serious immediate offensive presence. Sceptile (LO Max Speed and SpA, Timid), on the other hand, destroys Moltres.
I know what you're thinking, but hang on- lets say your opponent spun away rocks. Despite Manectric being able to outspeed and KO, Manetric has an obvious type advantage, which means Moltres will switch the heck on out of there. However, if Sceptile is in (it can't switch in) after revenging or killing someting (which isnt hard to do, with its speed and power), nine times out of ten you opponent will send in Moltres, as Giga Drain, leaf Storm, and Focus Blast do nothing. However, Sceptile easily outspeeds and OHKOs it- with HP Rock. For some reason, no one expects this, especially if youre doing random latter battles. Sceptile is also in general an effective revenger, but Magmortar might fit your team better, its up to you.

So there are my suggestions! Good Luck with your team!

I completely second Ninechu's suggestion of Qwilfish instead of Shelgon. Once Slowking is gone Fighting types can do serious damage to your team, especially Unburden Hitmonlee.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really like a few of them, mainly the Qwilfish since it has the most to offer and probably more than Shelgon can offer at the moment.

Ninechu, I really like the Qwilfish suggestion, so yeah Qwilfish will most definitely be tested. I will change Slowking to a specially defensive if Qwilfish goes in, but in general Slowking was actually my only physical counter around, so I wanted to invest at least a little so I could take the hits better. Magmortar for me and especially the set you suggested to me seems ineffective to me. A bulky magmortar might have been more attractive, but Magmortar really doesn't have a lot of bulk at all, and if I pick the speed, magmortar is at the awkward 83 base speed where it can't outspeed base 85s. Sceptile sounds pretty cool, but Manectric also checks some of the slow set-up sweepers, while sceptile's speed is amazing, isn't going to be outspeeding (unless I make the Sceptile scarfed :0).

I've been thinking about other questions if Qwilfish came into play. Should I add a spinblocker (thinking about SubSplit Rotom or CM Spiritomb) or keep my revenging duo? Ninechu also briefly talked about how Magmortar shutting down Smeargle, implying that maybe I should have some better sleep "fodder" since Shelgon is gone. I was thinking along the lines of Sap Sipper Bouffalant since most sleep moves are Grass, and an added bonus that Bouffalant gets to smash the Regenerator core. Any thoughts about these suggestions to the team?

Mack the Knife

Goodbye Smogon! I may return, I may not!
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you hate Regenerator cores, I'd recommend Magmortar since it counters Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Slowking extremely well. Also it gives you something to switch in on sleep. Just use the standard set [URL="http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/magm"ortar/ru] here[/URL].

Welcome to the RU Community Cardoon. Great team, love the theme.

L
Contrary to belief, Spiritomb really doesn't stop Cryogonal,
Crotomb (Spiritomb) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 24 SAtk
(+Def, -Atk)
- Dark Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Watch out for this set. It almost 100% of the time beats out Crygonal, able to rack up CM's in its face while shrugging off Damage built up while setting up with Rest, and then continue to Tank with Dark Pulse (Sleep Talk).

Now let's not forget that a great deal of the team cam handle it, it hates to be Switcheroo'ed, but the problem with that is guessing whether its the CB Set or not; Manectric doesn't exactly make use of the CB. It can be phazed with Steelix, or just right out KOed by Pinsir.

I just thought Id addres that statement, however, since this guy can become a threat with enough CM's under its belt.

You sure seem to hate Gastro Acid users and Fire-types. You can try to handle these problems decently well with the Special Wall Cradily (replace Shelgon):

Cradily (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD
Nature: Calm
-Recover
-Ancientpower
-Giga Drain
-Gastro Acid

Recover is what makes Cradily work and live, end of story. Ancientpower is used for the Fire-types, and if you get a +1 boost the opponent will be frightened. Giga Drain is Cradily's best special Grass STAB and provides a decent secondary source of recovery. Lastly, Gastro Acid removes Magic Guard, so against opponents that are already Poisoned that cannot 2HKO Cradily will be Toxic-stalled. Note Amoonguss also learns Gastro Acid, but that exacerbates your Fire weakness, so I do not recommend it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)