The Beast Roars

The Beast Roars
Hello there people! I'm here with a old team that i created not too long ago. As you can see, it is based around Landorus-Therian which is a pretty underrated poke in the Uber tier (Imo), but if you actually use him, he stop threatening pokes such as groudon and Ho-oh ( if he get's a free switch in.) Oh, and this is another rain team >_>.
Team at Glance

Team in Depth:

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVS: 240 Hp / 252 SDef / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
-Scald
-Rest
-Sleep talk
-Roar
I made a team around Specially Defensive kyogre and i have to say, this thing is pretty dang useful. The Calm mind+3 attacks set was here originally but it was too weak even after +1, so Specially defensive kyogre is the way to go. I changed up the EV spread into my favor. 16 spe EVS is there to speed creep support groudon, ho-oh and dialga. Obviously, i needed a lot of bulk to take special hits. Scald is probably the most broken move that BW could bring. 30% chance to burn? more like 80%. Rest+ sleep talk is there to keep kyogre alive and also absorb darkrai's dark void. Roar is nice to have so Arceus-Ghost can't set up on my kyogre.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVS: 252 Spe / 240 Atk / 16 spA
Naive Nature
-Draco meteor/Dragon claw
-Outrage
-Bolt Strike
-Volt switch
As we all know, Kyogre is the #1 poke in uber right now and every team should bring something to check him ( in most cases, 2). One pokemon that would fit in this team well is Choice Scarf Zekrom. I chose him because not only he can smash any kyogre set, he can also smash ho-oh and lugia. Outrage and Bolt strike is a must for scarf zekrom. These 2 are zekrom's most STAB moves. Dragon claw was mainly a filler move, but Draco meteor is pretty useful. Luring groudon's to come in and do about 50% to them with Draco meteor. Volt Switch is there so i can keep the offensive momentum and also make a volt-turn core with landorus-T ( Yes, a volt-turn without a spinner).

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVS: 236 Hp / 252 spA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Thunder
-Dragon Pulse/Aura Sphere
Ah, Specs Dialga. I love this thing. Dialga can check a couple of pokes such as palkia, genesect and Arceus-Grass. This thing can also beat specs/Scarf kyogre. I also tweaked dialga's EV spread too. 20 Spe is there so i can have a major speed creep against groudon and other Specs dialga so i can OHKO them with Draco Meteor. Draco Meteor is his main STAB move as it hit's pokes like a truck. Not a lot of poke's can switch into a specs Draco. Fire Blast allows Dialga to hit Ferrothorn and Arceus-Grass ( When i'm not under the rain). Thunder is there so i can hit Kyogre. Dragon pulse is really just a filler move as i don't see myself using it that much.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVS: 252 Hp / 56 Atk / 180 Def / 20 spe
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-U-turn
-Stealth rocks
Here is the Star of this team. As i said before, Landorus-T is a poke that i don't see much in the Uber metagame. But this thing can check a lot of thing's that this team can have trouble with. Landorus-T can check groudon, ho-oh ( if he get's a free switch in), Terrakion, scare off dialga and zekrom, lead Deoxys-S, and Tyranitar/Excadrill. I changed up his EV spread just like a did with Dialga and kyogre. I obviously needed max HP so i can take physical hit's better. 20 Spe allows landorus to speed creep dialga, ho-oh, and groudon. Earthquake is his main STAB move as there really isn't much to talk about it. Toxic is there to wear down stall team's allowing diagla to hit thing's really hard . Stealth rocks is obvious since i needed someone to set up the rocks. U-turn also give's this team momentum and make a volt-turn combo.

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVS: 252 Spe / 252 spA / 4 Hp
Timid Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Dark pulse
-Focus Blast
-Dark void
Darkrai usage has been going down lately because of the popularity of genesect rising. But darkrai has some good niche that allows him to be on this team. Darkrai can beat Lugia, and most importantly, Arceus-Ghost. The EV spread is just the ordinary Spread that you'll see in all darkrai's. Dark void is darkrai's most important move. This is the main reason why people have to bring something to deal with Lead Darkrai or they will get smashed by him. Dark Pulse is his main STAB move. Focus Blast give's Darkrai nice coverage alongside dark pulse. Nasty plot boosted up his already great spA stat.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVS: 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 spA
Timid Nature
-Judgement
-Focus Blast
-Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
Here is my 6th and last team member: Arceus-ghost. Since i have someone to set up hazards, a spin blocker would be really good. Arceus-ghost can beat pokes such as the Lati-Twins, Deoxys-A and most of all: Mewtwo. I was torn about using either arceus-ghost or giratina, but i went for arceus-ghost since he can beat those 4 pokes. He is my arceus-normal check. Judgement is obviously his main STAB move no doubt about it. Focus blast gives him excellent coverage as judgement+ focus blast allows him to hit anything neutral or super effective. Recover allows him to keep his survivability up. Will-o-wisp allows arceus-ghost to burn dangerous physical sweepers such as extremekiller Arceus and RP groudon. Landorus-T can help ease the pressure on Arceus-Ghost with intimidate. With his nice speed, he is a great burn inducer.
Conclusion
Well, there you have it. If you have any suggestion's on what to change, feel free to reply on this thread as all suggestion will be considered. I hope you like this team and i will make the importable here so everybody can use this team.
Importable:
Code:
Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Spd / 240 Atk / 16 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 236 HP / 20 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Dragon Pulse

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 HP / 180 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Darkrai @ Leftovers
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Dark Void

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Attachments

Last edited:
Threats:

This thing will be so hard to take down as he could take hit's from majority of my pokes and start recovering off the damage.

DD Rayquaza is really annoying to face espically the mixed variant.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hooray, an actually decent Ubers Team..!

As I pointed out to Risk via PM, Rayquaza and Grassceus are huge problems for this team. Grassceus can waltz around thunder-waving everything and nothing stands up to Mixed Dragon Dance Rayquaza really. Also the team is somewhat weak to Ogre, and Dialga isn't a good check because:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga in rain: 336-396 (83.16 - 98.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So to patch this up, this Latias set is viable>Dialga.

Latios (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot

Basically, you smash stuff with Draco Meteor, and when something tries to switch in and set up on you at -2Satk, you roar it out. Roost gives you a nice lifespan, and Grass Knot is primarily for Groudon and Kyogre (Thunder is also quite viable, though every time I run Thunder I end up losing to Groudon lol). I think the EVs serve a purpose, however I'm not sure what the purpose is. It's Hack's set, so you could ask him.

Also, standard Physical Scarf Genesect>Scarf Zekrom please. Scarf Zekrom is slow compared to most scarfers, and it isn't really all that great when you compare it to Genesect. Genesect also helps with Mewtwo, which this team needs to watch out for if it gets the chance to set up (and it will be able to set up a calm mind versus this team). Also Genesect still gives you nice momentum versus most teams with U-turn.

As a final note, you may want to run Substitute in the place of Focus Blast on Darkrai. Substitute is often the difference between netting 2 kills or 1 kill per game, and considering that the rest of the team barring Ghostceus dislikes Genesect, it could be quite nice to prevent the Iron-Clad Wasp from Revenge Killing you. It might seem like it has trouble breaking through steels, but this is not the case; in fact, Darkrai uses a fair number of the steels as setup fodder (I'm looking at you, Ferrothorn and Forretress) if it gets a sub up.

Hooray, an actually decent Ubers Team..!

As I pointed out to Risk via PM, Rayquaza and Grassceus are huge problems for this team. Grassceus can waltz around thunder-waving everything and nothing stands up to Mixed Dragon Dance Rayquaza really. Also the team is somewhat weak to Ogre, and Dialga isn't a good check because:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Dialga in rain: 336-396 (83.16 - 98.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So to patch this up, this Latias set is viable>Dialga.

Latios (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot

Basically, you smash stuff with Draco Meteor, and when something tries to switch in and set up on you at -2Satk, you roar it out. Roost gives you a nice lifespan, and Grass Knot is primarily for Groudon and Kyogre (Thunder is also quite viable, though every time I run Thunder I end up losing to Groudon lol). I think the EVs serve a purpose, however I'm not sure what the purpose is. It's Hack's set, so you could ask him.

Also, standard Physical Scarf Genesect>Scarf Zekrom please. Scarf Zekrom is slow compared to most scarfers, and it isn't really all that great when you compare it to Genesect. Genesect also helps with Mewtwo, which this team needs to watch out for if it gets the chance to set up (and it will be able to set up a calm mind versus this team). Also Genesect still gives you nice momentum versus most teams with U-turn.

As a final note, you may want to run Substitute in the place of Focus Blast on Darkrai. Substitute is often the difference between netting 2 kills or 1 kill per game, and considering that the rest of the team barring Ghostceus dislikes Genesect, it could be quite nice to prevent the Iron-Clad Wasp from Revenge Killing you. It might seem like it has trouble breaking through steels, but this is not the case; in fact, Darkrai uses a fair number of the steels as setup fodder (I'm looking at you, Ferrothorn and Forretress) if it gets a sub up.
Hey there SteelSkitty! I'm liking the suggestion's so i'll be sure to try them all out!

Ohshetitsazubat

Banned deucer.
Steelskitty did bring up some good points to use Latias ( just take out roar and add in something like surf/thunder/psyshock), but i personally think Scarf Zekrom would be more beneficial so that this team won't be too sun weak.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi RiskVsRewardPlayer! This is a cool team, and it's definitely nice to see some less appreciated threats such as Specs Dialga and Landorus-T getting some usage. However, I believe that the team as a whole needs a little more unity of purpose.

Currently, the team lacks a solid win condition or focus around which the team is built. On one hand, you have some dedicated defensive Pokemon which have very little offensive presence and would therefore rely on other external sources of damage such as toxic stalling or numerous entry hazards, but are not able to provide these. On the other hand, you have some dedicated offensive Pokemon, which are threatening, but too few and too unsupported by their teammates to plough through the opponent with offensive power. All of the Pokemon have solid sets, but as a team, very defensive sets such as Resttalk Kyogre and very offensive sets such as Specs Dialga just don't complement each other that well.

I urge you, therefore, to choose a win condition or Pokemon to build the rest of the team around. Once you figure out a win condition or a playstyle to build the team around, choosing appropriate sets to support it should become much easier. For example, if you want to build defensively, Darkrai and Specs Dialga are a little out of place and worth replacing with walls and hazard setters. If, on the other hand, you opt for more offensive play, purely defensive sets with very little offensive presence such as RestTalk Kyogre should be replaced with somewhat more offensive ones. A balanced team can work too, so long as the defensive Pokemon support the offensive ones (through hazards and paralysis and such).

I believe this should help your team significantly, as all the individual Pokemon really get the most out of each other when most or all of them are working towards shared win conditions. Good luck!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hi rvrplayer, very nice team! glad to see underrated pokemon and sets such as lando-t and specs dialga

i actually disagree with blue jay's observation. while may be decieving, specs dialga /needs/ the defensive backbone so your team won't be thrown off by opposing stat-uppers. kyogre keeps cm arceus at check whereas lando-t patches physical boosters. zekrom's hard hitting moves can keep all of these at check. a team doesn't have to be dedicated to defense or offense; it's called balanced. having 4 defensive pokemon and 2 hard hitters is not called stall.

you are AWFULLY weak to kyogre. nothing on your team can tank 2 hits, especially if specs. imo you should use cm latias w/ thunder > darkrai. still can beat lugia after sr and as for ghost arc i'll get to that. i dont think you need stone edge on lando-t -- ho-oh literally cannot breathe against you. dialga dents it, zekrom wrecks it, kyogre checks it. imo you could use toxic instead which cripples ho-oh as well as many others, namely arceus. i think that you can now use cm > wow on ghost arc to overpower most teams, but thats really up to your decision.

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
hi rvrplayer, very nice team! glad to see underrated pokemon and sets such as lando-t and specs dialga

i actually disagree with blue jay's observation. while may be decieving, specs dialga /needs/ the defensive backbone so your team won't be thrown off by opposing stat-uppers. kyogre keeps cm arceus at check whereas lando-t patches physical boosters. zekrom's hard hitting moves can keep all of these at check. a team doesn't have to be dedicated to defense or offense; it's called balanced. having 4 defensive pokemon and 2 hard hitters is not called stall.

you are AWFULLY weak to kyogre. nothing on your team can tank 2 hits, especially if specs. imo you should use cm latias w/ thunder > darkrai. still can beat lugia after sr and as for ghost arc i'll get to that. i dont think you need stone edge on lando-t -- ho-oh literally cannot breathe against you. dialga dents it, zekrom wrecks it, kyogre checks it. imo you could use toxic instead which cripples ho-oh as well as many others, namely arceus. i think that you can now use cm > wow on ghost arc to overpower most teams, but thats really up to your decision.
Please don't be patronizing. I'm fully aware of balance as a playstyle; I actually mentioned it in my post, if you would read it thoroughly. However, just because something is a good wall and something else is a good sweeper or wallbreaker, it doesn't mean that they complement each other well. And just because something is a defensive mon, it doesn't mean that it has to be incapable of contributing to the team winning (as opposed to just helping it not lose). Defensive Pokemon could for example spread paralysis (Scarfmon are one of the main things standing in Darkrai's way, not to mention that slow, powerful mons like Specs Dialga get much more done when fewer things outspeed them) or set up multiple hazards and phaze the opponent through them to soften them up. But here, there is nothing. SR alone isn't doing much to soften up most Pokemon and Will-o-Wisp doesn't help Dialga nor Darkrai (except maybe allowing Darkrai to set up on weak burned threats). The walls do little else but wall, leaving actually winning to Darkrai and Dialga with little support (apart from super fragile HO which might actually fall to stuff like a 0 SpA Scald).

As for a solid defensive backbone, this team currently stands a good chance of being crushed by lum Ekiller (other variants are also problematic, although Will-o-Wisping them has a good chance of working out), one of the main things which would look to set up on -2 Dialga (and your suggestions do not help this problem) and Rayquaza is troublesome.

Ohshetitsazubat

Banned deucer.
Please don't be patronizing. I'm fully aware of balance as a playstyle; I actually mentioned it in my post, if you would read it thoroughly. However, just because something is a good wall and something else is a good sweeper or wallbreaker, it doesn't mean that they complement each other well. And just because something is a defensive mon, it doesn't mean that it has to be incapable of contributing to the team winning (as opposed to just helping it not lose). Defensive Pokemon could for example spread paralysis (Scarfmon are one of the main things standing in Darkrai's way, not to mention that slow, powerful mons like Specs Dialga get much more done when fewer things outspeed them) or set up multiple hazards and phaze the opponent through them to soften them up. But here, there is nothing. SR alone isn't doing much to soften up most Pokemon and Will-o-Wisp doesn't help Dialga nor Darkrai (except maybe allowing Darkrai to set up on weak burned threats). The walls do little else but wall, leaving actually winning to Darkrai and Dialga with little support (apart from super fragile HO which might actually fall to stuff like a 0 SpA Scald).

As for a solid defensive backbone, this team currently stands a good chance of being crushed by lum Ekiller (other variants are also problematic, although Will-o-Wisping them has a good chance of working out), one of the main things which would look to set up on -2 Dialga (and your suggestions do not help this problem) and Rayquaza is troublesome.
So, what would you suggest? It's kind of Ignorant for someone to come in another person's RMT and just say that this team "Doesn't synergize with each other" and just leave it at there + as you see, this team was built around landorus-T. At least SteelSkitty and Furai gave some suggestion's....

Last edited:

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
So, what would you suggest? It's kind of Ignorant for someone to come in another person's RMT and just say that this team "Doesn't synergize with each other" and just leave it at there + as you see, this team was built around landorus-T. At least SteelSkitty and Furai gave some suggestion's....
....He's right, though. Also no team with SR Landorus-T is "sun-weak", like you said in your previous post.

Thanks to everyone who has commented in my thread!
@Blue Jay By the way you put it, I guess i don't really have a True win condition (Btw, Zekrom was my main win condition). Landorus-T was the main focus of this team since it is a very underrated poke, and i threw in a bunch of poke's that can work alongside landorus-T ( and i knew that a rain team would work best).

Blue Jay

The notorious Good Wife
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've been requested to provide palpable suggestions, as opposed to ambiguous advice, so here I go.

The most evident problem I see with the original team (as well as versions which have been suggested instead) is that there is no solid check to Extremekiller Arceus. Your Arceus-Ghost set can quite effectively cripple most variants, but ones carrying a Lum berry stand a good chance of sweeping your entire team (Focus Blast does not always 2HKO either, and has awful accuracy), and even against other variants Will-o-Wisp's accuracy may fail you at times. Shadow Force variants may also be troublesome. Landorus-T unfortunately also does not help, as although its intimidate can weaken Arceus, it cannot threaten it enough to prevent it setting up another Swords Dance.

Therefore I suggest replacing Zekrom with Terrakion. It still checks Ho-Oh effectively and can revenge kill many of the threats Zekrom can, but also serves as quite an effective check to Extremekiller Arceus (dealing a minimum of 76% to the bulkiest variants). It also checks all Rayquaza variants (even after a set up), which has been identified as a threat to this team. It can also clean quite effectively lategame, assuming Ghost types have been removed. It does not have Teravolt to break Lugia's multiscale, but it, Dialga, Darkrai and Arceus-Ghost all threaten Lugia, while Kyogre has no problem absorbing status or roaring out its substitutes, so Lugia should be no problem.

The addition of Terrakion gives you a relatively solid answer to Extremekiller Arceus (and if it does fail to completely KO, Landorus-T and Arceus-Ghost can usually both survive one attack and finish it off), allowing you to replace Will-o-Wisp with Calm Mind on your Arceus-Ghost, as Furai suggested. This will give you a potent sweeper (which can still tank quite a few hits for the team and has longevity) and a lot more offensive presence in general without any significant downsides (as your team should be able to handle most physical attackers without any problems).

Replacing Zekrom also compounds the problem that is Kyogre, so I also support Furai's suggestion of replacing Darkrai with Calm Mind Latias (sorry Steelskitty, Specs Dialga is too cool to replace). Latias can usually handle virtually all Kyogre, and also gives you a secondary bulky sweeper.

With all these changes your team should still have its solid defensive backbone (not to mention the awesome Landorus-T and Specs Dialga), but also a lot more offensive presence. Furthermore, your sweepers will both have longevity and bulk to suit the more balanced nature of the team, meaning that both can attempt to set up multiple times in a match. Finally, your team will be quite hazard resilient (with two Pokemon immune to Spikes/Toxic Spikes and 2 Pokemon that resist Stealth Rock with nothing weak to it), which is very valuable for teams lacking a spinner.

If you implement these changes, Scarf Zekrom (no dragon resist to absorb Outrage spam and can only 2HKO it) and Mewtwo (again, Terrakion only 2HKOs) become some of the main threats. Arceus-Grass is also still troublesome, and Ferrothorn is annoying, but both of these apply for about 99% of all rain teams lacking Tentacruel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)