The Brown Bag Bashers

Team:

A while ago I created a UU team called the Purple Passers, it was a mono-colored team that worked very well and actually held up in the OU ladder, as well as against various other UU teams on Shoddy. I've grown to love that team, and I decided to try and make another mono-colored team, called the Brown Bag Bashers. Rip it apart, Smogon!

Floatzel @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP, 252 Def, 216 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Baton Pass
Bulk Up
Taunt
Waterfall

It's a decent lead, great among the other brown leads. I bulk up once, maybe twice and Baton Pass to a counter or sweeper of some sort. If the situation warrants it, I could taunt another stat-up lead, or, in a bad situation, use Waterfall.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Trick
Grass Knot
Psychic
Focus Blast

Here is my special sweeper. This brown wonder comes in and smacks around even Dark Types with its set. It can also trick Specs onto a pokemon to lock them into a move, if the situation warrants it. Grass Knot for things like swampert, psychic for STAB, and Focus Blast for Darks and Ghosts.

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Sucker Punch

It's the standard revenge set. Traps weak pokemon and kills them with a wide variety of moves. Earthquake for STAB, Rock Slide to accurately kill flying types, aerial ace for hera, and Sucker Punch for that surprise OHKO on normally faster pokemon.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 114 Def, 144 Spe
Nature: Bold
Calm Mind
Earth Power
Ice Beam
Reflect

Claydol acts as my special wall. He calm minds up and sets up a Reflect for physical hits, he can also hit for some good damage after some CMs.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpD
Nature: Careful
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Thunder Wave
Ice Punch

Regirock is my physical wall. He comes out and walls, possibly stealth rocking, and maybe doing a little damage.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 24 Atk, 252 SpA, 232 Spe
Nature: Naive
Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Close Combat

My mixed sweeper, the all powerful Infernape. It's mixed set speaks for itself.

Please, help me out. I know it probably sucks.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Don't have time to rate, but you should consider shiny Pokemon on your team, like how I have a Gliscor and Spiritomb on my Blue team. It will expand your options by a lot.

I'm no team rater, but I'd say be wary of Earthquakes. You have three that are weak to it (another two that won't be taking them well, Zam/Dugtrio), but no resist/immunity. I would say Claydol could work over Heatran as a wall for you (sticking with the colours), and provide you with that immunity to ground.

Lack of priority moves in tough, and Regirock is your only answer to dragons for the most part. These will be issues.

Hope some of this helps!

As much as I hate to say it, I really see this team having a lot of problems with common OU Pokemon...Pokemon you don't want your team to have problems with, like Garchomp, Salamence, Infernape...I could really send in my Scarf Garchomp and spam Earthquakes all day. A Salamence with a set something like, Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Dragon Claw...A combination of any of those 3 moves will really hurt your team. Even if you trick a Choice Specs onto it, it will still be a problem. Also, keep in mind that even if you do trick choice specs onto a Pokemon, chances are Zam will still die in one hit.

My advice: Get a flier for the team, remove Heatran for a different rest talker, Swampert seems to work well, as he's not weak to EQ and he can at least take a few hits from Chomp and Mence. A flier seems necessary to dodge EQ's...Of course, this advice ignores the whole brown theme, but I'm just trying to tell you what you could do a little bit better. A Salamence of your own wouldn't hurt, to be honest. I think you can slide by with not using Gyarados, as Floatzel can taunt and act as a Bulky Water, same job Gyara does. Even with Swampert though, you're going to have a tough time with CS Chomp. At least with Salamence, if you predict right you can come in on an EQ from Chomp.

Thanks for the tips. I believe I will replace Heatran with Claydol. It seems like a better idea, since I need a ground immunity.

But, JesiahTEG, though your advice was good, if you plan to rate, please read the whole thing. All the pokemon I have are supposed to be brown. I can't use Gyarados or Swampert...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)