ORAS OU The Burdd Wurdington Clique V2 ft. Heracross-Mega (Peaked 1700+)

The Burdd Wurdington Clique ft. Heracross-Mega
(Peaked 1700+)

"...bird is the word." - Gandhi
Introduction
Sup frens! Recently I was in the dumps, sucking hard, barely grabbing on to the ladder, but then... he found me... he took me under his wing (get it cause he's a bird! I'm so clever) and now I'm here...This is a team I made based on the mother-effing bird himself Burrd Wurdingon, AKA Sir Wurdington, AKA Father of Buurd Wurdington the 2nd, AKA Lord Wurdinton, AKA Son of the Almighty Fred Chekkin Wurdington, AKA Air Bender OG.
Proof of Peak

Team Building Process
Burdd is effective in the current meta so I started off with him

Burdd is weak to Rotom-W and Rocks so I put Jetty Betty on the team to cover the spots

The Torn-T/Lati core I have is pretty weak to Electric dogs, birds, Dragonite, and Zard-X, so I put Bill up for the job.

My current members were weak to the Lati-twins, Sylveon, Altaria-M, Azumarill, mega Gyarados, Excadrill, and Manaphy, so Hugger was the gal for the task.

The four members I have gets PO by Ferrothorn and Bisharp, so I brought in ma fave mega, MegaCross AKA Punch Buggy. Hera switches into Bisharp all day and pressures stall, a nuisance for this team.

With the squad I had made, I saw four mons that make my team cry... Sableye-Mega, Lando-T, Skarm and Gliscor. I didn't know what to do, but then it came to me, Many Fee. Many Fee beats all the forementioned mons. Also it has support from MegaCross against Ferrothorn and pink blobs.

Hippowdon > Rhyperior

In-Depth Look

Burdd Wurdington (Tornadus-Therian) @

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Chose Tornadus-T, because of its effectiveness in the meta. It checks Gengar, Landorus, Serperior, mega Venu, Celebi, and Keldeo, all while maintaining its offensive pressure, utility, and speed.
Hurricane: hella stronk, like dafuq? It's a powerful STAB move that disposes of the mentioned mons.
Focus Blast: 2HKOs Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, and Heatran, all mons that love to switch in.
Knock Off: Provides utility and allows Burdd to finish off the Lati-twins with a U-Turn.
U-Turn: provides momentum with close to no cost.
EVs: 160 SpA 1HKOs Keldeo, 252 Spe for max speed, and 96 HP for bulk
Item: AV, so it can counter Lando and Gengar.
---------

Jetty Betty (Latias) @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Chose Latias to counter Rotom-Wash (Torn-T counter) and Defog.
Draco Meteor: hits like-a truck Nukes Dragon-types and anything else not resisted (hyperbole).
Hidden Power [Fire]: Latias baits in Ferro and Scizor, and HP Fire 1HKOS/2HKOS them.
Defog: Provides support for Burdd
Healing Wish: Provides support for Heracross-Mega, which doesn't have reliable recovery.
EVs: standard EVs to maximize power and speed
Nature: Timid to maximize speed with HP Fire
Item: Allows Lati to 1HKO most Scizors.
---------

Precious (Hippowdon) (F) @

Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 4 Spd / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

I originally had Rhyperior, but people have opened my eyes to Hippo. It functions as a check to Electric-type Mons, bird spam, Zard X, Excadrill, Dragonite, and Lopunny-Mega, which curb stomps my team.
Earthquake: strong STAB that 1HKOs Raikou, Manetric, and Zard-X.
Stone Edge: strong Rock-type move that 1HKOs birds (after rocks).
Stealth Rock: Help wear down opponents with the help of Torn-T's turning.
Slack Off: Longevity, needed, because of the crucial role Hippo plays
EVs: Physically bulk with EV's to garuntee 3HKO from MegaMan's Hidden Power Ice
Nature: Impish to increase physical bulk
Item: Longevity.... Again, LOL. Essential in preventing 2HKO's (MegaMan's HP Ice after Rocks)
---------

Huggle Hugger (Ferrothorn) (F) @

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn to the rescue when it comes to checking/countering the Lati-twins, Sylveon, Altaria-M, Azumarill, mega Gyarados, Excadrill, and Manaphy.
Power Whip: Wreck Azumarill, Keldeo, and mega Gyarados.
Leech Seed: Boost health while chipping opponents.
Protect: To scout and increase Leech Seed's chipping power
Gyro Ball: 2HKO Lati-twins and 1HKO mega Altaria
EVs: 252 in HP to maximize Leftover and Seed recovery capacity, 152 SpD with Relaxed nature to avoid Manaphy 2HKOing at +3 with Ice Beam, 104 Def to help check physical attackers.
Nature: Relaxed, so when paired up with 152 SpD EVs Ferro can avoid a 2HKO from Manaphy's +3 Ice Beam
Item: Dat increased longevity doe.
---------

Punch Buggy (Heracross-Mega) @

Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Chose MegaCross because it 1HKOs and outspeeds Breloom, Smeargle, mega Gya, Bisharp and Dragonite. Primarily it deals with Ferrothorn and Bisharp, two very annoying mons for this team.
Pin Missile: Strongest Bug-typed move which is supported by Skill Link that 1HKOs/2HKOS those that are weak to it... or not.
Close Combat: Strong reliable STAB that 1HKOs most that's weak to it.
Rock Blast: Super effectively hits Flying-typed mons that resist Punch Buggy's STAB.
Swords Dance: Take advantages of mons when they try to switch out and helps sweep late game
EVs: Maximize Attack and Speed.
Nature: Outspeed common Adamant mons.
Item: really bruh? Self-explanatory.
---------

Manny Fee (Manaphy) @

Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Calm Mind

I chose Manaphy to counter Landorus-T and Gliscor, annoying mons for Punch Buggy and the others.
Scald: So I can pray to my lord Arceus for the burns of the Distortion World to be cast upon my enemies. Reliable STAB with chance of burn to help fodder off mons and it also 2HKOs Lando-T and Gliscor.
Rain Dance: Activate Manny Fee's ability and increase Scald's power.
Rest: Takes advantage of Manaphy's ability and rain allowing for instant recovery and no sleep hax.
Calm Mind: Increase Manny Fee's Special Attack and Special Defense.
EVs: 252 HP to increase bulk, 108 Spe to outspeed Gya, and 148 Def to better handle Lando-T.
Nature: Increase physical bulk for Lando-T
Item: Longevity increase.
---------

Conclusion
Thank you for checking out my team! Feel free to use it! Tell me what you think and
please leave a like to fulfill my self-esteem! Thanks frens! Later Bruh.
Clique Weaknesses
w/ Fire Blast/Flamethrower or Cotton Guard + Heal Bell
w/ Belly Drum + Knock Off
w/ Magic Guard + Flamethrower or Unaware + Calm Mind
w/ HP Fire
/
/
/
w/ HP Fire, Sub + Calm Mind + Roost/Recover + Stored Power
w/ Focus Sash + HP Fire/Focus Blast
w/ HP Fire/Focus Blast or Calm Mind + Recover + HP Fire/Focus Blast
/
w/ Flamethower/Fireblast + Psychock/Psychic
w/ AV/LO set
/
w/ DD + Fire Punch + Crunch + Aqua Tail + Stone Edge
w/ SD set or Bullet Seed set
w/ any common set really
w/ Focus Blast/HP Fire or Will-O-Wisp
w/ Dragon Pulse
w/ Iron Head + Thunder Wave/Body Slam/Toxic + Fire Punch
w/ Ice Beam + Fusion Bolt
w/ Focus Blast or Scald hax
w/ standard Choice Scarf/Specs set
w/ standard SD set
w/ Fire Blast, Superpower
w/ Destiny Bond
/
w/ EQ + Fire Blast or SD
w/ SD
w/ standard set
w/ standard set
w/ Head Smash + Fire Fang
w/ standard set
/
w/ standard set
w/ Transformation (only move it can have)
w/ standard set
w/ standard set
w/ standard set
w/ Kings Rock/Razor Fang
w/ standard set
w/ SD/DD + Fighting-type move

Team Matchups
Balenced

Entirely based on team match-up.
Hyper Offense

MegaCross takes care of most HO leads, but HO does wear down Manaphy.
Bulky Offense

Dependent on team match up, but MegaCross gets a kick out of out-speeding teams.
Semi-Stall

If it doesn't have MegaCross it's pretty managable.
Stall

MegaCross does a number on stall and Manaphy wrecks it (beats Chansey).
Sand

MegaCross takes advantage of sand, while Manaphy checks it.
Rain

Ferrothorn counters rain, and Manaphy takes advantage of it.
Sticky Web

Take care of he Web setter, Defog, than switch in Hera after Bisharp gets the boost.
Trick Room

MegaCross + Manaphy pretty much runs through Trick Room.
Annoying AF Espeon Pass

A. Beg Arceus for some crits.
B. Cry so the opponent will feel bad and forfeit.
C. Proceed to lose to the near-skill-less play-style and insult in a clever way so you can't get in trouble, e.g., say "SMD," AKA, "so much delight." Wink wink.

Clique Replays

Import

;]

Last edited:
Really cool team, I like the implication of MegaCross. But I'm curious as to why Latias over Latios? IK Latias serves as a better Keldeo counter, but doesn't Manaphy and Tornadus-T take care of that?

Latios set:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Also, if Aegislash makes a comback you should have EQ > SD on MegaCross.

Really cool team, I like the implication of MegaCross. But I'm curious as to why Latias over Latios? IK Latias serves as a better Keldeo counter, but doesn't Manaphy and Tornadus-T take care of that?

Latios set:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Also, if Aegislash makes a comback you should have EQ > SD on MegaCross.
You are right, the aforementioned mons do take care of Keldeo but as Tom Bus once said, "You can never have too much Keldeo counters." And also Latias serves as a better Zard Y counter, but I'll think about it and test it out.

As for EQ > SD if Aegi returns... Sounds like a plan.

Thanks for the feedback fren ;]

Last edited:
Should change your rhyperior set to 252hp/160def/96spdef with impish nature to guarantee to avoid the 2hko on char x and mega alt bc as it stands, your team pretty much auto loses to them if they set up. It also lets you avoid the 2HKO with hp ice from specs raikou. regardless, specs raikou is rare and can be played around. idk if my set is effective or not but try it out. also, sand rush drill decimates your team as it 2hkos everything on your team after rocks are up. i'd change manaphy to rotom-w with the spread of 252hp/212def/44spe with bold nature and a moveset of thunder wave|will o'wisp|hydro pump|volt switch and lefties as it checks p much the same things manaphy does with the added bonus of countering and checking drill and mega meta. though it lacks offensive presence, and loses to spdef gliscor 1v1, hera is already a great stallbreaker and beats spdef gliscor regardless. I actually got the rotom-w spread from an rmt, but it has double status bc pain split is just filler anyways. cool team and hope I helped! i will be sure to link the rmt i got the rotom-w spread in the edit.

EDIT: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...aty-cowboys-foray-into-bulky-offense.3535734/ its a p fun team and the rotom-w set is really cool

Should change your rhyperior set to 252hp/160def/96spdef with impish nature to guarantee to avoid the 2hko on char x and mega alt bc as it stands, your team pretty much auto loses to them if they set up. It also lets you avoid the 2HKO with hp ice from specs raikou. regardless, specs raikou is rare and can be played around. idk if my set is effective or not but try it out. also, sand rush drill decimates your team as it 2hkos everything on your team after rocks are up. i'd change manaphy to rotom-w with the spread of 252hp/212def/44spe with bold nature and a moveset of thunder wave|will o'wisp|hydro pump|volt switch and lefties as it checks p much the same things manaphy does with the added bonus of countering and checking drill and mega meta. though it lacks offensive presence, and loses to spdef gliscor 1v1, hera is already a great stallbreaker and beats spdef gliscor regardless. I actually got the rotom-w spread from an rmt, but it has double status bc pain split is just filler anyways. cool team and hope I helped! i will be sure to link the rmt i got the rotom-w spread in the edit.

EDIT: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...aty-cowboys-foray-into-bulky-offense.3535734/ its a p fun team and the rotom-w set is really cool
For Mega Altaria Ferrothorn counters and survives a mixed attacking MegaTaria's Fire Blast.
  • 4 SpA Mega Altaria Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 152 SpD Ferrothorn: 268-316 (76.1 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
As for Zard X, I switch into Rhyperior like 99% (hyperbole) of the time.
  • 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Rhyperior: 153-180 (36 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • Dragon Claw does more than EQ.
Now, Gliscor, Gliscor doesn't counter Mega Manetric, and Mega Manetric 2HKOs/1HKOs my team, bar Latias and Rhyperior. It's too big of a threat. If Aegislash resurfaces though, I might take your advice ;]

Last, Wash, If I replaced Manaphy with Rotom-Washed I would have 2 bird counters... Unless... I replace Rhyperior... and no Sableye-Mega counters!

I really do really appretiate your feedback fren, THANKS!

Last edited:
Why don't you change your MegaCross set to Adamant (Adamant>Jolly), MegaCross' insane Atk gets boosted so much by an Attack boosting nature is the extra speed worth it?

Punch Buggy (Heracross-Mega) @ Heracronite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Why don't you change your MegaCross set to Adamant (Adamant>Jolly), MegaCross' insane Atk gets boosted so much by an Attack boosting nature is the extra speed worth it?

Punch Buggy (Heracross-Mega) @ Heracronite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance
I use a Jolly nature to outspeed Gardevoir-Mega (1HKO) and Gallade-Mega (1HKO) pre-mega, and outspeed Brelloom (1HKO), Mamoswine (2HKO), Dragonite (1HKO), Bisharp, Gyadose (1HKO), and (1HKO) Gyadose. I do admit to an Adamant nature boosting MegaCross' attack to even more eminence heights, 469 Atk to 515 Atk.

Thanks for the your input fren!

Last edited:
Shouldn't you use guts nature to get boosts from predicted burns? Burned mega heracross is still powerful but only half as strong as burned guts heracross
Guts is a reasonable choice, but I do not get MegaCross Will-O-Wisped, but I do gamble on Scalds (#yolo). I use Moxie over Guts, because sometimes I use the Moxie, one time I forgot my megastone and swept a guy with Moxie (no SD too, lol). When you really boil it down though, it's just preference, so do if you choose to use the team, just use whatever your comfortable with.

Thanks for the feedback ;]

Do these updates count as bumps or no? Cause if so, then you've already used yours. I'm not sure about how it works, how heavily the rule is enforced, or etc. I'm not going to report this or anything, but I'd tread carefully if I were you.

Do these updates count as bumps or no? Cause if so, then you've already used yours. I'm not sure about how it works, how heavily the rule is enforced, or etc. I'm not going to report this or anything, but I'd tread carefully if I were you.
I was already on page 1, so my update (IMO) aren't paying any large contributation and according to http://www.smogon.com/warnings, I haven't broke any rules. THX for your concern.

PS nice use of "tread", LOL

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man really nice team, althought i've notice that u dont absolutly nothing for +1 Charizard X, so i suggest to replace Hippowdon > Rhyperior which give the same roll on the team and have recovery as well, i mean is more reliable than Rhype imo, also i recommend some ev spread change on couple of ur mons, i let my sets here :
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Mix wall Hippo is the most common set rn and works really, also is a great check to Talonflame and electric types.

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

U need max speed to outspeed Alakazam and speed tie with another tornadus just because ur team struggle a bit with oppsing torn

Hey man really nice team, althought i've notice that u dont absolutly nothing for +1 Charizard X, so i suggest to replace Hippowdon > Rhyperior which give the same roll on the team and have recovery as well, i mean is more reliable than Rhype imo, also i recommend some ev spread change on couple of ur mons, i let my sets here :
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Mix wall Hippo is the most common set rn and works really, also is a great check to Talonflame and electric types.

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

U need max speed to outspeed Alakazam and speed tie with another tornadus just because ur team struggle a bit with oppsi
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn
U need max speed to outspeed Alakazam and speed tie with another tornadus just because ur team struggle a bit with oppsing torn
Very good points, Hippowdon is an Electric check that handles physicals, that's good for relieving stress on Manaphy. And yes, my team struggles with Torn. I still have to test you ideas, but I appreciate your feedback ;]

Last edited:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

You're right, yes it's been like bagillion years, but I finally updated the RMT, LOL, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)