VGC The Creation Trio Feat. iPRODIGY VGC and GradeAGarchomp

Best Team?

• Total voters

Hey it's Draconid here back for another RMT
This time i thought i might bring some reinforcements, so with the help of iPRODiGY VGC and GradeAGarchomp, we've each built 3 sweet vgc 16 teams for your viewing and rating pleasure, with the likes of Dialga, Palkia and Giratina

Let's get to it.​

#483: DIALGA - Built by iPRODIGY VGC

At a Glance:

In Depth

Dialga
@

Ability: Telepathy
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 68 SpA / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
Trick Room
Dragon Pulse
Flash Cannon
Gravity

Overview
Dialga is a Pokémon I've wanted to build around since the rule set was announced for this year. With impressive staying power afforded to him by both his natural bulk and unique typing, Dialga enjoys many benefits his Dragon Type Brethren miss out on. Also he's a spiky crystal dragon tank thingy, which is cool.
  • -1 252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 244 HP / 116 Def Dialga: 110-132 (53.3 - 64%) -- 3.5% chance to 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Earth Power vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Dialga: 174-206 (84.4 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Dialga: 172-203 (83.4 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery
  • 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 116 Def Dialga: 172-206 (83.4 - 100%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

I chose D-Pulse over Draco Meteor mainly for staying power, since I didn't think the extra BP was worth the Sp. Atk drops, so I opted for the next best thing. I chose Flash Cannon over Flamethrower because I felt confident enough in my Ferrothorn matchup with this team to forgo the fire move and instead opt for one that could beat Xerneas. As for the utility moves, Gravity and TR seemed like obvious choices to me, since having access to 100% Accuracy Precipice Blades seemed like an exciting prospect for this team, which segways nicely into my next Pokemon;

Groudon-Primal
@

Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 156 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
Precipice Blades
Overheat
Substitute
Protect

Overview
Groudon seemed like an easy choice for me as a Trick Room Primal. Additionally, with Dialga improving my RayOgre matchup, which happens to be the main weakness for Groudon in the format, I felt very comfortable with bringing him. I also don't feel Physical Groudon is quite as crippled without his weather up, making him a bit more consistent in my opinion.
  • (Single Target) 252 Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Primal Groudon: 174-206 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Groudon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Primal Groudon: 174-206 (84 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

As for moves, the set is pretty conventional. Precipice Blades and Overheat are the offensive options on this set. With Gravity support, Precipice Blades can rip apart teams that aren't prepared for it. As for Substitute, since I have the Gravity support to hit flying types that would normally wall Groudon if he lacked Rock Slide, I felt good about running Substitute as a way to punish turn 4 double protect stalling, and a Primal behind a sub is a Terrifying Prospect.

Bronzong
@

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 SpD
Sassy Nature
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Skill Swap
Gravity

Bronzong fills the Pseudo Cresselia role on this team very nicely. I actually like Bronzong over Cresselia a lot in this format, mainly because of the increased offensive pressure Bronzong provides over Cresselia. Gyro Ball picks up the OHKO on Xerneas, and chunks out a lot of Pokemon, like Mega Rayquaza.
  • 212 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 204-240 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This moveset is pretty standard on Bronzong in this format. Gyro ball is there for Xerneas, as well as just maintaining offensive pressure. Gravity and Trick Room are there to help facilitate a Primal Groudon sweep. Kyogre is crippled with SKill Swap support, and is walled by Bronzongs Steel typing anways.

Salamence-Mega
@

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Hyper Voice
Double-Edge
Tailwind

Salamence. Not much else to say here. He's been a solid Pokemon since being introduced in gen 3, and it seems only fitting that he should be in a top usage tier in the Gen 3 remakes. His offensive stats and access to tailwind, as well as ability to completely wall Special Groudon make him a stand out among other Megas.

This set is another relatively Standard one for Salamence. Draco Meteor helps again with the RayOgre match-up, as I'm typically happy to trade my Salamence for the opposing Rayquaza. Double Edge is there mainly for more Specially Defensive Pokemon (and to get around Wide Guard Support), and Hyper voice is a great move to spam in general. I'm still debating on whether (sp?) or not i want Tailwind over Protect. This team has 2 other Speed control options courtesy of Trick Room and Thunder Wave, but i like being able to set up a tailwind and sweep.

Thundurus
@

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Wild Charge
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Protect

Thundurus. Loved and Hated since its introduction in Gen 5. His utility since his inception really cant be understated. With access to Prankster, arguably one of the best support abilities in the game, he's a force to be reckoned with when it comes to disrupting opponents.
  • HP fits 10n-1 rule, minimising life orb recoil
  • 220 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 198-234 (112.5 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Physical Thundurus? I know it seems weird, but this set actually has the ability to OHKO most Kyogre. Wild Charge is the offensive move of choice for reasons already covered. Thunder Wave is there for speed control outside of Trick Room, and of course Taunt is there for the ever present ever dominant Smeargle that's become a hallmark of this meta.

Landorus-Therian
@

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Superpower
Explosion

The second half of the Genie core, and my second counter to Ferrothorn. Landorus is another one of those Pokemon you wish would just go away. With a huge attack stat and access to a lot of very good STAB moves, hes definitely a key Pokemon in the Meta after a few months of relative obscurity this year.

This is a standard move set for Choice Lando. Earthquake and Rock Slide are there as great Spread moves. As for the third slot, I'm still wrestling with whether or not i want Super Power or U-Turn to Intimidate shuffle. For the time being I'm opting for Super Power as insurance against Ferrothorn. The last move is Explosion. A fun suprise move for opponents that dont expect it, and it allows me to get a free switch into Mence or Groudon.

Well thats my Dialga team. This was my first RMT, and im glad i got to do it in conjunction with Draconid997 and GradeAGarchomp. Hope you guys enjoy this little RMT trifecta.

Draconid997 for sharing his team and set ideas with me. This was a fun experience and i hope we can work together more in the future!
GradeAGarchomp for pushing me to be a better rater. Plus you come up with some fun theorymonning ideas.
SamVGC You're probably the best VGC players i know and I'm glad i got to meet you. I hope we can stay in touch even after our Tutoring session is over.
Legofigure11, Blizzicane, Theorymon This group of guys helped to convince me to sign up for the forums with the amazing giveaway they're hosting. Lego, you in particular helped me to assimilate myself into the rest of the Forums and for that you have my thanks.

I think thats everybody. iPRODiGY out.

#484: PALKIA - Built by Draconid997

At A Glance

Summary
With palkia, i wanted to build something that was fun to use that also didn't stick to the easy-going palkia/groudon archetype (teambuilding-wise). So i looked at some options, and gravity+smeargle came up and i was sold. Having smeargle lead with cresselia allows it to get a dark void off whilst under gravity conditions, allowing groudon to come in to finish off the sweep. Palkia aids the team by providing invaluable trick room support as well as offensive support against loads of common top tier mons, like groudon, kyogre and rayquaza. The rest of the squad make the top 4 matchup a lot more rounded.​

In Depth

Palkia
@

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 156 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
Trick Room
Spacial Rend
Earth Power
Gravity

Overview
So, Palkia. This is a pokemon that i've really wanted to use since its release back in 2006, and i think i did build a team with it in for fun back in 2014 for free battles, which you can see here.
Trick room palkia is something that cropped up in vgc 2010, which was one of the best vgc years so far, and i love the idea of it. When paired up with groudon, this palkia set will improve its matchup against some common threats, special groudon and kyogre being prime examples, which it can handle with relative ease thanks to its dragon/water typing. haban berry improves its matchup against mega rayquaza/salamence, which just helps round this set out against the top 4.
The EVs mean palkia survive a dragon ascent and a draco meteor from mega rayquaza, so that it can OHKO back with a spacial rend. It can also survive a moonblast from timid xerneas, which is pretty useful.

Groudon-Primal
@

EVs: 236 HP / 172 Atk / 20 Def / 4 SpA / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
Precipice Blades
Overheat
Substitute
Protect

Overview
Primal groudon is arguably the best legendary in the format imo. Its sheer physical bulk combined with its resistance against many of the common special threats makes it incredibly threatening. This TR set looks a lot like iPRODIGY's, but is more focused on substitute, which i'll explain later. Precipice Blades and Overheat are two of groudon's best STAB moves that are assisted by gravity. Overheat also means groudon doesn't take recoil when facing ferrothorn, which is always a plus. The EVs allow groudon to set up 4 substitutes and be left with 1 HP (4n+1), whilst the SpD allows it to take an earth power from timid groudon (still has around a 50% chance to survive one from modest groudon), whilst the defence survives a single target precipice blades from jolly max attack groudon, which is pretty handy.

Cresselia
@

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 6 Spe
Trick Room
Ice Beam
Gravity
Skill Swap

Overview
This cresselia spread looks a little odd. But first off, the mental herb allows cresselia to take a taunt/encore etc from common abusers, such as thundurus. Secondly, the 6 Speed IVs allow cresselia to outspeed groudon by 2 points and smeargle by 1 point under TR, which allows it to skill swap onto groudon against opposition such as primal kyogre + cresselia, which would otherwise get primordial sea back up. This also allows smeargle to dark void immediately after cresselia has used gravity, which means that this combo is almost guaranteed to work which is pretty cool. The EV spread allows cresselia to take 3 moonblasts from xerneas, and ice beam is for common threats to groudon, such as salamence, landorus-t and rayquaza.
One improvement to this that i can foresee would be to shift these speed tiers up by two points, as to beat cresselia that run 8 speed, but it's very situational.

Smeargle
@

Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
Fake Out
Dark Void
Transform / Wide Guard
Spiky Shield

Overview
Ugh smeargle. Moving on.
Nah smeargle is pretty metagame defining in most regards, earning a spot in S Rank in the viability rankings. The spread is optimised for the role that smeargle plays on the team, helping cresselia to set up trick room with fake out against tricky opposition, dark void because smeargle, transform for transforming into groudon to perform a late game sweep (also helps out against kyogre), or wide guard for the spread moves that threaten groudon plus spiky shield since it's pretty necessary. EVs allow smeargle to survive a double-edge from mega kangaskhan.
Sash means it survives the first turn of TR set up when it uses fake out, which means it may faint after using dark void on the second turn, allowing me to switch groudon in and keep the momentum up. Either that or I switch out turn 3 and bring in groudon to a skill swap. Either way smeargle is arguably the MVP of the team.

Thundurus
@

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 92 Spe
Jolly Nature
Wild Charge
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Protect

Overview
Pretty funky thundurus spread all round. It's something i came up with after recently seeing SamVGC's thundurus spread which i really like, but this achieves these things
  1. Wild Charge recoil is negligible with sitrus recovery
  2. Outspeeds all kyogre by 1
  3. 2HKOs most kyogre when at -1 (since a lot of kyogre teams run intimidate support)
  4. Survives a +2 dazzling gleam from xerneas, an origin pulse from 76 SpA modest kyogre-primal (one point less than 252 Spa timid kyogre)
  5. Survives a double-edge from jolly kang
tbf i'll probably just use the other set, but i like these benchmarks. The advantage to the other set is that it nabs the surprise KO on most kyogre spreads which is fun to watch.

Mawile-Mega
@

Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch
Protect

Overview
Mawile rounds out the matchup against stuff like xerneas/rayquaza with its STABs, pretty much all there is to this choice. In terms of the set, it was designed to outspeed kangaskhan once it is at -2 due to thunder wave, although i could probably just go for the standard 252/252/4 adamant spread.
Iron head allows mawile to OHKO all xerneas, play rough as explained is for rayquaza, but this also improves the matchup against dark spam teams. Sucker punch is a fantastic priority move that allows mawile to perform well both inside and out of trick room.

Next team.

#487: GIRATINA - by GradeAGarchomp

At A Glance

Teambuilding Process

Giratina-O was the Pokemon I wanted to build around for a few reasons. It has very nice 150 / 100 / 100 bulk that allows it to counter Primal Groudon, which is a godsend for all VGC 16 teams these days. Respectable 120 / 120 offenses allow it to put on some damage with powerful attacks like Shadow Force and Draco Meteor and access to moves like Will-o-Wisp and Shadow Sneak give it utility and priority, which only adds to the reason I wanted to build around it.

Next I added Primal Kyogre, since it appreciates having Primal Groudon eliminated in order to fire off Origin Pulses and Water Spouts pretty freely. The two also form a cool offensive core, 2HKOing and OHKOing many common leads with only a few Pokemon that take these onslaughts.

Ferrothorn was added next, since the duo of Giratina-O and Kyogre struggle immensely with opposing Kyogre and Xerneas. Ferrothorn was the immediate choice because of its bulk and great typing and decent Attack stat allowing it to OKHO both. These three together struggle with Mega Rayquaza, those that run Overheat to be exact, which leads me right into the next Pokemon.

Mega Salamence was a perfect fit for a couple of reasons. It checked Mega Rayquaza, which was a huge threat at the time, while also being a tertiary Primal Groudon check while providing some crucial speed to the team.

Speaking of speed, Talonflame was the next addition to my team. It provides even more speed than Salamence with Tailwind whilst providing a necessary Smeargle check.

Even with Ferrothorn, I felt my Xerneas match-up was pretty shaky, so I added Bronzong, which helps me versus Xerneas while also setting up Trick Room which some of my team can take advantage of, providing another form of speed control.

In Depth

Giratina-Origin
@

EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 28 Def / 156 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
Shadow Force
Draco Meteor
Shadow Sneak
Protect

Overview
Giratina is only one of the two restricted Pokemon I chose for the team. While Giratina-O doesn't have access to Leftovers like Giratina-A does, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, as a boost to Dragon- and Ghost-type moves benefits Giratina-O. EV spread is cool, but before anyone freaks out and questions why I have Draco Meteor on a physical set, it OHKOes Mega Salamence which is all that is needed from that move. Max HP and 28 Defense lives Yveltal's Sucker Punch 100% of the time while making Mega Kangaskhan's Sucker Punch a 3HKO with enough Special Defense to live Dialga and 4 SpA Mega Rayquaza's Draco Meteors which is quite impressive. 52 Attack with Adamant evens out the damage I do to Primal Groudon while also smacking Cresselia for very respectable damage. The moves are pretty straight foward. Shadow Force is powerful Ghost-type STAB that breaks protection which puts on the pressure all the time. Draco Meteor is nice for OHKOing Mega Salamence while also smacking Primal Groudon for nice damage even with the negative nature. Shadow Sneak is nice priority that picks off threats such as Cresselia, Xerneas and Mega Salamence that also gets chip damage on Pokemon. Protect is Protect; nice for scouting and pretty much a VGC essential. I've considered Will-o-Wisp over Shadow Sneak to cripple physical attackers while also getting chip damage, but I prefer Shadow Sneak to pick off threats and not have to worry about the accuracy.

Kyogre-Primal
@

Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 188 HP / 204 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
Water Spout
Origin Pulse
Ice Beam
Protect

Overview
Primal Kyogre is the second half of my restricted core. It works well with Giratina-O since Giratina-O can get rid of Primal Groudon for Primal Kyogre to fire off powerful attacks without fear of them not being dried up by the sun. The EV spread is pretty unorthodox, and it does a ton of things (list at the bottom). The moveset is pretty straight foward; Water Spout for unmatched damage, Origin Pulse for reliability, Ice Beam to hit Grass-types like Amoonguss and Protect is there for obvious reasons.
Offensive:
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan in Heavy Rain: 184-217 (101.6 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Heavy Rain: 186-220 (92 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
  • 76+ SpA Primal Kyogre Ice Beam vs. -1 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Rayquaza in Strong Winds: 196-232 (108.2 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive
Physical
  • -1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 88-106 (44.2 - 53.2%) -- 18.2% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Explosion vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 85-102 (42.7 - 51.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 52 Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Helping Hand Double-Edge vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 85-102 (42.7 - 51.2%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 77-91 (38.6 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 51-61 (25.6 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 152-179 (76.3 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 Atk Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 76-91 (38.1 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 87-103 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 73-87 (36.6 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 188 HP / 204 Def Primal Kyogre: 87-103 (43.7 - 51.7%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO
Special
  • +2 252 SpA Xerneas Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 182-216 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
  • +2 252 SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 144-171 (72.3 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 168-198 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 79-95 (39.6 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Aerilate Mega Salamence Hyper Voice vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 46-55 (23.1 - 27.6%) -- 70.7% chance to 4HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Thunder vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre: 118-140 (59.2 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 188 HP / 4 SpD Primal Kyogre in Heavy Rain: 66-78 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

Ferrothorn @

Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
Power Whip
Gyro Ball
Protect
Leech Seed

Overview
Ferrothorn is a nice addition to the team as a Primal Kyogre and Xerneas check, which the restricted core needs greatly. This spread deviates from the one I used last time a little bit, running 60 Special Defense EVs to take Origin Pulses from all kinds of Primal Kyogre. Expert Belt with 196 Attack EVs OHKOs most Primal Kyogre. The moves are very standard. Power Whip and Gyro Ball are excellent STAB options. Protect is self-explanatory; it couples nicely with Leech Seed to sap health slowly from the opponent, making them think twice about clicking Protect with Leech Seed. Leech Seed is nice to sap the opponent's health and give Ferrothorn some health back.

Salamence-Mega
@

Ability: Aerilate
Naive Nature
Substitute
Hyper Voice
Double-Edge
Protect
Overview
Mega Salamence is a very nice mega in general and it definitely earns a role here on my team. Its speed allows it to check Mega Rayquaza, which was a huge threat at the time. The spread is quite standard, max Special Attack lets Hyper Voice do as much damage as possible with 4 Attack and a Naive nature to not lower the power of Double Edge. I decided to run Substitute over Draco Meteor for a few reasons. For one, opposing Salamence aren't a problem, and Double Edge does enough damage to Mega Rayquaza anyway. Secondly, since this team includes Trick Room, it's nice to make the opponent wish they hadn't protected the last turn of Trick Room as a Mega Salamence behind a Substitute is one scary sight. Hyper Voice is quite spammable with considerable power that hits both opponents which is always appreciated. Double Edge is nice physical damage while Protect is chosen for obvious reasons.

Talonflame
@

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
Taunt
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Tailwind

Overview
Talonflame is a crucial member on my team due to the lack of speed control I had at the moment and the lack of a real Smeargle check. With Gale Wings, Talonflame gets priority Tailwind which is very beneficial, whilst using its high Speed and access to Taunt shuts down Smeargle. The EV spread is not quite the norm, but it accomplishes what it needs to. 44 HP gives it a Life Orb number while 36 Defense lives an opposing Talonflame's Brave Bird. 172 Speed outspeeds Kangaskhan with the leftovers in Special Defense. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are two very powerful STAB moves that, when coupled with Life Orb, provides some great damage output. Tailwind is crucial speed control and Taunt checks Smeargle while also preventing other Pokemon like Xerneas from setting up.

Bronzong
@

Sassy Nature
Gyro Ball
Protect
Skill Swap
Trick Room

Overview
Bronzong is the last, but certaintly not least, member on the team. I wasn't feeling super great with my Xerneas match-up, so I tacked on Bronzong just to make sure that it wouldn't sweep me. Lum Berry is a final fail safe against Smeargel should Talonflame faint; it's also nice against random status like Burn. The spread is pretty simple; it OHKOes Xerneas with Gyro Ball with Max HP and the rest in Special Defense. Gyro Ball is STAB and is quite powerful given Bronzong's low speed. Protect is quite self-explanatory. Skill Swap, while not as useful on non-Primal Groudon teams, still can help reset weather in a pinch and grab some pretty cool abilities in the process. Trick Room provides another form of speed control and is nice to benefit the slower parts of the team.
  • 212 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 204-240 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Threatlist
  • Yveltal poses a gigantic threat to my team as I only really have Primal Kyogre to dent it and it either OHKOs are 2HKOes my entire team.
  • Weavile also gives my team troubles as it clicks Knock Off on everything and does some damage. Ferrothorn can 1v1 it, but it has to watch out for Low Kick.
Dialga

Dialga @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 68 SpA / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse
- Gravity

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 156 SpD
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Substitute
- Protect

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Skill Swap
- Gravity

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 36 HP / 220 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Super Power
- Explosion

Palkia

Palkia @ Haban Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 156 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 4 Spe
- Trick Room
- Spacial Rend
- Earth Power
- Gravity

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 236 HP / 172 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 92 SpD
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Substitute
- Protect

Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 6 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Gravity
- Skill Swap

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Dark Void
- Transform
- Spiky Shield

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 92 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Giratina

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 28 Def / 156 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 188 HP / 204 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Expert Belt
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Skill Swap
- Trick Room

Tl;dr basically some teams we decided to make because we're vgc 16 raters

Thanks for reading!!
Any advice will be much appreciated
And to iPRODiGY VGC and GradeAGarchomp, it has been an absolute pleasure working with you, and i hope you guys continue to do great work in the community :)
Till the next time,
Draconid out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)