[] The Cursing Hippo [] an OU RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly new to Smogon, as i only started competitive battling about a year or so ago, and I recently found out about Smogon and Shoddy Battle.

Long story short, I wanted to make an OU but not a same old Aerodactyl/Pert SR lead, I wanted something different, some unexpected. A team that isn't really seen in the OU meta-game. The synergy is alright but I may need to make a few changes.

Changes will be in Bold

AT A GLANCE

A CLOSER LOOK

Celebi@Occa Berry ~ Cranberry
Natural Cure
Modest
76HP 180 Spe 252 SpA

- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Leaf Storm
- Earth Power

Man, I love this set. It tells Swampert leads to go somewhere else, and generally will always get SR up thanks to the Occa Berry, I love this lead but if there are any moveset changes i might consider changing them. Earth power is there for better coverage, but I might change to Recover.

Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
204 HP 252 Def 52 SpA

- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Standard Blissey set. Aromatherapy is a godsend as stall teams really piss me off but lately they haven't been used a lot. I might change this for something else, once again please give me some suggestions.

Heracross@Leftovers ~ Pinky
Guts
Adamant
4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe

- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn
- Focus Punch

Heracross is good once it gets an SD up, but he seems to die a lot without having any impact on the other persons team. I need a suggestion replacement for this spot.

Gyarados@Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant
252 HP 4 Def 252 Spe

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Nothing else to say here, Standard DD Gyarados. If the other person lets me set-up, i make a big dent into their team.

Hippowdon@Leftovers ~ Mr Shuffles
Sand Stream
Impish
252 HP 52 Atk 32 Def 172 SpD

- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off

Man, i love this guy. That why I called my team the Cursing Hippo. Let him setup and good bye. Earthquake is for lots of coverage and Ice Fang is for Levitate/Flying or when my opponent switches in a DDmence thinking it can setup thinking my only priority move is Earthquake.

Togekiss@Leftovers ~ imonaBOAT
Serene Grace
Timid
252 HP 20 Def 236 Spe

- Encore
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

LOLOL This guy is the biggest pisser off ever. Encore, TW, and start flinchaxing. when low on health just Roost up. I have haxed whole teams using this moveset and i love it.

Well thats my team. I am very open to suggestions that can improve this team in anyway. I hope you enjoyed my RMT.

Blissey should maybe stay, but if you don't think so, try dusknoir. Dark and Ghost type moves are being less seen and U-Turn is the most common bug move, which shouldn't be too much worry. It also has some attacking power.

Heracross should be either replaced with Dragonite (life orb) or Infernape (choice scarf) as they both bring great success to me. Dragonite is more like a terrorist, killing many and then itself with ice shards and life orb (takes a while). Infernape with scarf is a great gimmick. Infernape is the perfect lure for starmie, thinking its faster than infernape. Then throw a thunderpunch while it uses thunderbolt (expecting you to switch). Either way you have a good team the way it is, just keep these guys in mind.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please expand your descriptions as they're definitely not up to rule 3:

RMT rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Take a look at the RMT archive to see what kind of descriptions we are looking for. PM me the fixed descriptions and I'll unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)