The Death of Harambe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pokemon Chap

Banned deucer.
I'd like everyone to use this thread to discuss the death of Harambe the gorilla, shot in cold blood by a zookeeper at the Cincinnati Zoo, and how it personally affected them. Please maintain decorum at all times and approach the topic with the respect and severity it deserves. Thank you.

My Harambe story: Although I had never heard of Harambe before the incident, my heart went out to him and to his family if he had any. I love all animals and even own a 6 year old tabby cat called Phoebe. The fact that a beautiful and innocent animal like Harambe could be held responsible for what is ultimately mere parental irresponsibility, shot and killed just because a woman (a black woman, hey, I'm not racist, but...) couldn't hold on to her child and the little boy fell into the enclosure, really tore me up inside. We don't even know if it was really Harambe's intent to hurt the boy. In fact, for all we know he might of been protecting him. We can't know because animals can't talk. This isn't the way to deal with problems. They could have shot Harambe with a tranquilizer like in the movie Jurassic Park and spared his life. I even cried. Whereas Cecil the Lion was a carnivore and potentially stood a threat to the hunter that killed him, Harambe the gorilla was a herbivore like all monkeys, and did not have any reason to eat or harm the child. One would think professional zookeepers would know this. When I heard about Harambe I immediately posted the news in the family WhatsApp group. We're all animal lovers so we took it pretty hard.

You're a bit late. Also pretty sure this isn't serious but since this is cong I'll assume it is.

Yeah they were irresponsible but you cant really let a human child die. It wasn't his fault after all. Tranquilizers take time to have an affect so no. The gorilla's actual intention is irrelevant. its a fucking gorilla vs a child. The risk of the kid getting injured was high regardless.

In retrospect this op is without a doubt a joke but I've put at least three minutes of thought into this post so whatever

Last edited:

The Pokemon Chap

Banned deucer.
You're a bit late. Also pretty sure this isn't serious but since this is cong I'll assume it is.

Yeah they were irresponsible but you cant really let a human child die. It wasn't his fault after all. Tranquilizers take time to have an affect so no. The gorilla's actual intention is irrelevant. its a fucking gorilla vs a child. The risk of the kid getting injured was high regardless.

In retrospect this op is without a doubt a joke but I've put at least three minutes of though into this post so whatever
So a human's life is automatically privileged above that of an animal, even if the human is a child who doesn't contribute to society and the animal the crown jewel of the Cincinnati Zoo? That's ridiculous.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The fact that a beautiful and innocent animal like Harambe could be held responsible for what is ultimately mere parental irresponsibility, shot and killed just because a woman (a black woman, hey, I'm not racist, but...) couldn't hold on to her child and the little boy fell into the enclosure, really tore me up inside.
So you ask for decorum and then make racist comments, following up with Jurassic Park as your frame of reference for how to deal with a Gorilla.

You're ignorant and you should feel bad.

Look I'm not a racist but what we must fight for is to safeguard the existence and reproduction of our race and our people, the sustenance of our children and the purity of our blood, the freedom and independence of the fatherland, so that our people may mature for the fulfillment of the mission allotted it by the creator of the universe. Every thought and every idea, every doctrine and all knowledge, must serve this purpose. And everything must be examined from this point of view and used or rejected according to its utility. Just look at what's happening in Europe. Pride in your race is a must.
The fact that a beautiful and innocent animal like Harambe could be held responsible for what is ultimately mere parental irresponsibility, shot and killed just because a woman (a black woman, hey, I'm not racist, but...) couldn't hold on to her child and the little boy fell into the enclosure, really tore me up inside.
look in the span of an hour you've made two "i'm not a racist but X" posts. things that are said before a "but" mean very little; if you truly believe you're not a racist you might want to take a deeper look at yourself.

the death of the gorilla was tragic and unneccessary, but the zookeepers made the right decision, you cannot take the risk that something would happen to the child. tranquillizers work too slowly and could possibly have upset/scared the gorilla, causing him to harm the child

It's an obvious troll post, and you people fell for it.

Anyway, they couldn't have shot him with a tranquilizer, its effect isn't instant(it would take more than 5 minutes for a sedative to take effect on an adult Silverback Gorilla), and the pain the shot would have caused him could have made him aggressive towards the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)