ORAS Ubers The Deity's revival

Hello, all you wonderful people reading the Smogon RMT!

Recently, I have been playing around in the Ubers tier, and I wanted to try out something new. I saw PokeaimMD using a Life Orb Deoxys-Attack team on his "Road to Top Ten" series, so I wanted to try and make my own after seeing how much of a monster that thing is.

Team Preview:

So I started with this thing

Chili the Deity (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

This thing is an absolute monster with a Life Orb. 252 Special Attack and a Mild nature helps Psycho Boost, after Stealth rock damage or even a little piece of chip damage, have a 43.8% chance to OHKO a Max HP/Max Special Defense/Careful Primal Groudon. Deoxys carries enough speed to outspeed Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Gengar, OHKO'ing both, provided they are offensive varients. Ice Beam can OHKO Mega Salamence even after the -2 from Psycho Boost. Superpower can pick off a weakened Dialga and OHKO a Darkrai if it's not a sashed variant. Extreme Speed is a nice move to carry in the back since it can usually do about 30% to a Xerneas which is great since most of the team is designed to take a hit from Xerneas or deal massive damage to it. Now there are two things that Deoxys loves to have when it comes to partner Pokemon: Hazards and walls. If Deoxys cannot OHKO a Pokemon, say goodbye to it since it won't live anything. Hazards can help with that as well as walls in the back that can take hits. That's where our next teammate comes into play.

Asana (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 216 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Ah Primal Groudon, the Landorus-T of the Ubers Metagame. Primal Groudon is a great answer to so many things in the Metagame that I had to add it to the team. With this set, he can check Xerneas as well as Primal Kyogre when sun is up. 12 Speed just to make sure Groudon can outspeed 8 Speed EVs base 90 Pokemon. 32 Attack makes sure that Earthquake can 2HKO a Primal Kyogre with just max HP. The rest can just go into HP and Special Defense since those are needed to check Xerneas and other special attackers. The only reason to go Physical Defense is to check Ho-Oh which is a massive threat to this team. I just feel like I have to go with the bigger threat and check Xerneas. Rock Slide is to hit the flying types, being able to OHKO the biggest threat to the team, Ho-Oh, 81.3% of the time. Thunder Wave slows down threats and makes sure they can't move 25% of the time, which can be crucial in plenty of games. Finally, we have Stealth Rock, which is essential to 75% of all attacks to pick up the OHKO or the 2HKO. Being so important, I put them on the best Stealth Rocker in the tier.

HunterZ (Sableye-Mega) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
Now that we have a Xerneas answer, I felt like an E Killer answer was necessary due to the threat it poses with +2 Extreme Speed to both Deoxys and Groudon. Mega Sableye fit perfectly on the team due far due to it's great physical bulk and immunity to Normal type moves. Sableye can also beat Lugia and Mega Kangaskhan, both of which are pretty big threats without this Pokemon. Finally, Sableye is here to deter hazard stack teams since Latias doesn't like being pressured to defog.

(Sorry for Gif Size)
Token (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
Now I felt like I needed something to surprise and deal heavy damage to base 90s and something to switch in on Primal Groudon's fire attacks. I started out with 252 Special Attack so I could hit as hard as I could. I had 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Spd for a little while before offensive Groudon started bodying me. I noticed that a fair amount of them were running Adamant, so I made sure that my Kyogre can outspeed Adamant base 90s, which also helps to Ho-Oh since they NEVER run Jolly. Origin Pulse gives us max power with an 85% accurate move. Ice Beam makes sure you can hit Primal Groudon on the switch in and Thunder makes sure you can A) Paralyze something and B) Check opposing Primal Kyogres. Calm Mind is to make this thing into a late game cleaner since this team kind of needed one. Calm Mind bolsters this things massive Special Attack and Special Defense which can make this thing take on +2 Xern when Kyogre is only at +1. At +1, Kyogre will also do around 50% to Offensive Groudon with an Ice Beam.

Iggy (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
After looking at the team, I needed something for the Primals since they kind of tear through my team. I also needed a Defogger, so I was looking for something bulky. Giratina-A, Skarmory, and Arceus-water were all thrown out when I was looking for a Kyogre check, so I chose Latias. The best set I could find was the Smogon Defog Support one with one change. I put Healing Wish over Roost since I didn't feel that Roost was necessary and Healing Wish made sure that I could bring back a wall or Deoxys in the late game to clean up or make sure I don't lose a game to a certain Pokemon. Draco can go heavy damage to Primal Groudon and Psyshock can 2HKO most offensive Primal Kyogre variants. Defog was added over Rapid Spin since my only hazard is Stealth Rock and there isn't really a good Rapid Spinner here in Ubers.

Galaxy (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn
- Superpower
After we had the previous five Pokemon, I noticed one big trend. I didn't have anything to revenge kill a Geomancy Xerneas or really anything to revenge any form of Xerneas. This is a big problem so I felt I needed to patch it immediately. I chose a regular, choice-banded Scizor. Banded Scizor does 70-80% to the standard Geo Xerneas set due to the Jolly nature, but that is needed. The Speed on this thing is to outspeed my Primal Groudon which in turn outspeeds most of the base 90 Pokemon in the tier. I chose this speed so I could outspeed anything that wanted to Speed creep the Primals. You may think it's stupid, I don't. Scizor was a perfect fit for the team in my opinion not even due to Bullet Punch. It's due to the move "U-turn". Deoxys-Attack loves free switch ins to Pokemon and U-turn can provide just that. People love to switch-in their Primal Groudons into this thing and the chip damage from U-turn ensures the OHKO from Deoxys. Bug Bite is there since I wanted a Bug move if I wanted to stay in on something and hit it decently hard. Superpower is really only there for Dialga since it's a good check to Deoxys, being able to switch-in on Psycho Boost. Superpower makes sure that it can't switch in on Deoxys anymore.

Threatlist:
Ho-Oh:
Ho-Oh is a really large threat to this team actually, being able to deal heavy damage to both my Primals and the rest of my walls. I don't really have any other choice but to sack something to it whenever it comes in.

CM Xerneas: I've seen this twice and it 6-0'd me both times. This thing usually runs max Defense so BP from Scizor is only doing 50%-ish and, if Scizor gets too low, I can easily lose the game right then and there.

Yveltal:
I don't actually have a switch-in to this thing. Sucker to Kyogre does 80 while Dark Pulse is doing an easy 55%. The bulky set is a lot more manageable thanks to Sableye, but the Life Orb offensive set is very very threatening.

This team peaked at #377 on the ladder with a rating of 1557 and I wanted to get some feedback to see if I can get to Top Ten myself. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Have a great rest of your day,
Hoopa.
images.jpg

Attachments

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
Hi! This looks like a nice team, Deoxys-A is a really threatening mon, so nice to see a team with it. There are many changes to you can make in order to make the team much more solid.

Firstly, Deoxys-A is used for offensive purposes and Sableye-mega is used for defensive purposes, so they don't pair well with each other. So i suggest you to use Salamence-mega instead Sableye-mega. Ho-oh is pretty threatening for the team as you mentioned, so Salamence-mega fits perfectly, as it can pressure Ho-oh. It is also a nice check to other physical threats such as Sd Arceus forms, Primal Groudon etc. The set is pretty standard. Only change in this set is Facade instead of Earthquake. Facade is really good if you're using Salamence-mega to deal with Ho-oh, because if Salamence-mega gets burned from Sacred Fire or any other status, Facade does double damage.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Double-Edge
- Facade

176 Speed EVs allow Salamence to outpace 252 EV invested base 90 Speed Pokemon prior to Mega Evolving. 252 EVs are placed in attack to maximize Salamence-mega's wallbreaking power and rest of the EVs are placed in HP for bulk.

Next up is Primal Kyogre. Offensive Primal Kyogre is pretty good but it needs support to function correctly. Since this is an offensive team, it won't get much support, so I suggest you to use Xerneas instead of Primal Kyogre. Xerneas will help you a lot in dealing with threats like Yveltal, Darkrai, Lati@s, shaymin-sky, Mewtwo, Deoxys-A etc. This set is really good at the moment because it only struggles against stall and stall is extremely rare these days. Only Moonblast as an attacking option along with Sleep Talk makes Xerneas a very solid check to Darkrai.
Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest nature are used to maximize damage output of Moonblast, better allowing Xerneas to revenge kill weakened threats. 224 Speed EVs are used to outspeed +1 Rayquaza and Kyurem-W. 32 EVs are placed to Defense to make sure that Genesect gets a Special Attack boost from Download.

Latias is a nice defogger but it fits on balance and mostly struggles to carry the Defog role properly. So i suggest you to use Skarmory instead of Latias. Skarmory fits really well in this team as it can deal with physical threats such as Salamence-mega, SD Arceus forms, Kangaskhan-mega etc which are problematic otherwise, and also has access to Defog which is really cool.
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Lastly, Scizor is hardly viable in ubers due to high usage of Primal Groudon and Ho-oh and without Arceus, it's really difficult to make a solid team. So i suggest you to use Arceus-Normal instead of Scizor. Arceus is the best revenge killer in ubers as it can take out weakened threats thanks to Extreme Speed and is great at late game sweeping thanks to Swords Dance. Earthquake is for rock types and steel types, while Shadow Claw helps against ghost types.
Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Little set changes:

Primal Groudon: use Roar instead of Thunder Wave and Lava Plume instead of Rock Slide. Roar will make sure Xerneas doesn't trouble you and also helps against other mons that can set up against Primal Groudon. Lava Plume is a pretty cool move to have as it does nice damage to pretty much everything and also has a nice secondary chance of burning. Rock Slide is specially for Ho-oh, Salamence-mega but you have your own Salamence-mega for Ho-oh and Skarmory for opposing Salamence-mega, so Rock Slide isn't required.

Deoxys-A: Use Knock Off instead of Extreme Speed. Extreme Speed basically helps to finish off weakened threats but you have Arceus now for that purpose, so Extreme Speed can be replaced. Knock Off is exceptionally good as it can OHKO Lati@s, Mewtwo etc and does solid damage to everything that's holding an item.

Good luck n_n

Hi there,

I'm kind of unsure of what kind of team you tried to build (Balance or Offense).
By the looks of it, it seems to be balance, so I'll try to rate it as a "balance team".
Sorry if it was meant to be offense.

Let me start with Primal Kyogre.
Primal Kyogre seems nice and all, but this variant doesn't do much for you, and sorry if this comes across as "mean", but I don't consider it a good set.
I must give you props for innovation though.
I'd suggest going Lugia > Kyogre, as it is able to take on most set-up pokemon pretty well, which this team has some major issues with.
As it gives you a better way of dealing with pokemon like Rock Polish Primal Groudon, it gives you a decent answer to ho-oh, and just hard hitting physical attackers in general, since you don't really have a solid switchin to those.
Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Next is Latias.
Latias doesn't seem like a bad choice on this team, however, It seems kind of suboptimal.
This is especially true since you have healing wish on it, which doesn't really do anything for you.
Since your team now struggles with pokemon like Mega Salamence, and Yveltal, I'd suggest Arceus Rock > Latias.
This gives you a reliable answer to the above mons, as well as another good switchin for Ho-oh.
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Now it's Scizor's turn.
Scizor is nothing more than a fairy check, and hardly viable in the ubers metagame.
I'd suggest using Bronzong > Scizor.
This gives you a much safer way to deal with fairies/Xerneas.
On the set below you could run Skill Swap > Protect, if you really want to, to improve your stall matchup.
I don't deem it neccesairy though.
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Last is Primal Groudon
Now that you have Stealth Rocks on Bronzong, and with Lugia in the back, you no longer need to use Primal Groudon as a Xerneas check/rock setter.
I'd suggest going with the infamous "double dance" set to help you break stall/sweep.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

I hope this helped, gl with your team :]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)