The egg glitch

does anyone here use the egg glitch when doing breeding projects cus i totally forgot about it when i was breeding. save time when ppl ask for specific nature on the pokemon the want e.g. your look for a jolly growlithe with 31 atk and speed IVs but all you keep getting is impish and modest ones -.- ( happened to me about 100 times with different pokemon).

I dunno how to do it. At the moment im breeding a togekiss, which hatches after like 1000 steps with a camerupt in my party anyways so its hardly a hassle.

maybe i should explain what the egg glitch does, it can tell you the nature and abillity the pokemon in the egg will have so if your aiming for a calm togekiss and keep getting togepi's with hustle the its really useful also stops you having a box full of hardy chanseys with serene grace -.-

Lol, yeah, Yuki is a character. Its simple to do, its just getting the right timing. Its saves soooo much time :)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Saw the video but the part I don't understand is how to switch back and forth between other pokemon in next box and the egg.

Saw the video but the part I don't understand is how to switch back and forth between other pokemon in next box and the egg.
Press L or R.

It is a useful glitch but it just leaves your box full of eggs which you would have to hatch anyway to release them.

Expert Evan

Press L or R.

It is a useful glitch but it just leaves your box full of eggs which you would have to hatch anyway to release them.
Thanks as I got it to work once I set my button option to NORMAL. I can at least save the game before determining whether or not to accept the egg as it seems already determined as the one I got was BASHFUL nature 3 times in a row.

This trick is quite useless. Sure, you can see what's in the egg before it hatches, but what advantage does that give you? You have to hatch all the eggs regardless if you don't want them in your box forever, so who cares if you get to see whats in them slightly earlier than normal?

Edit: It's useless for Mass Hatch, but I guess not so much for SR, because you can save, check the egg, refuse it if it's not what you want, then repeat.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That guy in the youtube video seems to say 'oh my god' like 20 times per second. :)

Nifty trick, I guess.

Expert Evan

Of course I'd rather have it so the only eggs I'll hatch are for example modest/timid/bold/calm togepis with serene grace or modest/timid porygons with trace or modest/timid staryu with natural cure as it's often such a heartbreaking waste of time to hatch a batch of 5 at a time and all have undesired nature/ability combinations.

This trick is quite useless. Sure, you can see what's in the egg before it hatches, but what advantage does that give you? You have to hatch all the eggs regardless if you don't want them in your box forever, so who cares if you get to see whats in them slightly earlier than normal?

Edit: It's useless for Mass Hatch, but I guess not so much for SR, because you can save, check the egg, refuse it if it's not what you want, then repeat.
As I've mentioned above. Say you need a female Eevee parent of a certain nature with double or triple perfect IVs so you can have a better chance of breeding the perfect pokemon. The likelyhood of you getting such an Eevee through mass breeding is low.. with this trick you can save infront of the old man, get the egg then check for gender/nature after hatching it.

Once you get a female with the nature you want. You can just reset to lock its nature/ivs. Unlike mass breeding, you will have a much higher change of getting what you want. =)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This trick is extremely helpful to me, since I constantly have to suffer the Japanese/English Everstone thingy. What I do is save before the old man, take the egg, check the nature, and if it's good, I just start hatching it. If it's bad, reset, tell the old man to keep the egg, and wait for another one

I find it easier to put a pokemon directly above the egg, and then deleting it, though (timing required)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)