Votes: 32 20.8%
  • Within the next week

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • Within the next month

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Eventually

Votes: 82 53.2%

• Total voters
Why not just not fucking play the game jesus everyone plays it differently, it's like in Pokemon whether you decide to EV train or breed for IVs. Deal with it.

My conjurer just reached level 98 conjuration at lvl 30 and I like that I don't even need to show my face in battles and just let my Daedric beast summon fuck everything up. Once I get the Twin Souls perk I can probably just stay at my home in Whiterun and send them out to play the game for me.

Well. I just enjoyed beating the shit out of him. I found it fun. I hate the beginning of these games though, so if I can do something to simplify the beginning, I will. It's what makes it more fun for me.

uh guys leveling up like that actually makes the game more difficult, as you'll be fighting stronger enemies without having properly scaled gear/armor levels.

on a second playthrough, in an effort to make the game as challenging as possible, i cranked the difficulty up to master, then used the sneak exploit/trick/whatever to get sneak to 100 and one-handed to 45 before leaving helgen. this put me at level 19.

let me tell you, this makes things obscenely challenging. sabre cats 2-shot you. i've been trying to sneak around to as many giant camps as i can because of the easy treasure in an effort to get some reasonable gear/gold to possibly powerlevel blacksmithing (though i might steer clear of blacksmithing and enchanting to make the run even harder). bandit hideouts are almost impossible too; while regular bandits are reasonable, bandit outlaws will make quick work of you. i don't really know what to do to get strong enough to handle what would normally be quotidian encounters, and i find that immensely enjoyable. i felt nonpareil vim after slaying a fucking mudcrab.

it is so much more immersive when literally everything can kill you!

So i started a new character. Killed entire riverwood, killed whiterun stables. They sent contract killers after me.. Killed them (had a fairly hard time but a fireball scroll came in handy).

But now whiterun doesn't really like me a whole lot. Any PR stunt available to not be killed on sight by the gaurds?

EDIT: HAHA omg , i ran into dragonsearch and you know the girl that gets assigned to you after killing the first dragon? Well she got raped horribly by approx 7 gaurds whilst trying to help me... Poor lass :D

anyways , i guess there really isnt a way to reset bounty. doesn't matter. this is an amazing experience. And this will actually force me to leave whiterun for a change, something i almost never did with my other char :D (both my char's are at lvl 10)

EDITTT: (you know, if i had that kill children mod installed there wouldn't have been any evidence of the riverwood massacre ... Darn kids!

So i started a new character. Killed entire riverwood, killed whiterun stables. They sent contract killers after me.. Killed them (had a fairly hard time but a fireball scroll came in handy).

But now whiterun doesn't really like me a whole lot. Any PR stunt available to not be killed on sight by the gaurds?

EDIT: HAHA omg , i ran into dragonsearch and you know the girl that gets assigned to you after killing the first dragon? Well she got raped horribly by approx 7 gaurds whilst trying to help me... Poor lass :D

anyways , i guess there really isnt a way to reset bounty. doesn't matter. this is an amazing experience. And this will actually force me to leave whiterun for a change, something i almost never did with my other char :D (both my char's are at lvl 10)

EDITTT: (you know, if i had that kill children mod installed there wouldn't have been any evidence of the riverwood massacre ... Darn kids!
Hey man I did lots of stuff that people don't like, why don't people like me anymore? I don't get it.

I like that last one a lot, I just built what I hope to reach with this character by lvl 50: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#7461. It focuses on Conjuration, Enchanting and Alteration to keep myself alive while my summons beat down on everything.

I'll probably get it at lvl 51/52 though due to random other skill increases in stuff like Lockpicking, Sneak etc.

I want to do a Link like character. I'm thinking a Bosmer with a focus on Archery/OneHanded (sword and shield, no dual)/Light Armor but I can't think of what other skills to focus on. Came up with this on the skill calculator but don't know what else to take. Any pointers?

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#7548

EDIT:

@Flare Wow, didn't even notice Blocking on there. That's the obvious one, thanks! lol@Speech joke.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I want to do a Link like character. I'm thinking a Bosmer with a focus on Archery/OneHanded (sword and shield, no dual)/Light Armor but I can't think of what other skills to focus on. Came up with this on the skill calculator but don't know what else to take. Any pointers?

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#7548
Block, Enchanting, and Lockpicking would all make sense from that perspective. Just don't invest anything in Speech!

Does anyone else feel that not taking all the Smithing perks is seriously gimping your gear? I just started so I don't really know. But just looking at it makes it seem that way.

Does anyone else feel that not taking all the Smithing perks is seriously gimping your gear? I just started so I don't really know. But just looking at it makes it seem that way.
smithing is ill-designed. it is overpowered to the point that if you powerlevel it you will lose interest in scouring dungeons for loot, since you will never find upgrades. unfortunately there isn't really a middle ground between powerleveling it and ignoring it; to get from one tier of armor to the next requires mass iron dagger production.

the only weapons i'm aware of that are better than smithed daedric weapons are, at present, chillrend (if obtained at level 50 or higher) and nightingale blade, but nightingale blade is bugged in that its final iteration (also level 50+) cannot be upgraded at a grinding wheel. were it receptive to honing it would outdo a maxed daedric sword. also blade of woe might actually be better than a daedric dagger, i'm not sure.

i'm doing that ultra hard mode challenge i mentioned earlier and have sworn off smithing and enchanting, and it is so much more rewarding. i just had an hour and a half long fight with the draugr at the end of bleak falls barrow. you know, the first actual boss in the game. i'm learning so much about terrain manipulation this playthrough. at present i'm nowhere near strong enough to handle the game's first dragon so i'm gonna see if i can maybe get lucky with store restocks to upgrade some armor.

@Glen: You don't have to be such a high level so early to make the game super hard. I'm a High Elf mage, and going the route of a build that lacks health, armor, AND alternative close quarters combat makes the game so grueling. I toggle Sneak on and off almost everywhere I go so I won't get snuck up on, since there are a vast number of things in the game that can kill me in 1-2 hits. I'm level 20 now, and a regular Bandit still can one-shot me, albeit from a two-handed Iron Battleaxe. Spells can kill me faster that I can respond, fighting 2 or more enemies at once would probably be impossible without Conjuration, and I become genuinely afraid when I run out of Magicka.

I don't think swearing off Enchanting is best, just don't power-level it. I'm trying it out because it seems cool, but I've only enchanted 2 bows, so maybe that's why it's still fun for me. My problem is that I have no perks in it, so it's not worth it atm for me. Though I've been doing that because people say it's easy to break, so...yeah.

Anyway, for anyone looking for a challenge, I highly suggest playing on Master difficulty, without fancy armor, lol. Almost every single fight will feel like a fight for your life. I think, for me, the only enemies I'm not afraid of being hit by are Skeevers and Wolves. Pretty much everything else can demolish me, so it forces me to play smart. It's amazing, I swear. Except for Giants, they're still ridiculously easy to kill (killed one at level 4, was extremely disappointed).

So I killed my first dragon at Whiterun. So anti-climactic. I had run to the top of the tower because that's what I thought I was supposed to do and I ended up just shooting the shit out of it with arrows until it died. It had just finally gotten to the top of the tower when I killed it. Force Shout is awesome though.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
make sure you don't dl the new patch

i have the 360 version and i've been hit with some new framerate issues and the dragons flying backwards and not landing bug (i'm assuming i have the bug where resistances don't work but i haven't tested it yet)

Don't be so hasty now, Jabba. The PS3 patch was a lifesaver for me. I tend to forget to turn my PS3 off, and because of this I run into those horrible framerate and lag issues extremely often. At many points they were debilitating. Ever since I got this patch, those problems have disappeared.

Started playing this just under a week ago (due to exams) and I've put about 60 hours into it, getting to level 42 and completing a couple of story lines and a dickload of misc objectives.. I'm just rolling with a simple 1-hand/block/heavy armour/smithing Orc and it is a very balanced build. Berserker Rage lets me steamroll anything physical, and when mixed with Elemental Fury, I can kill anything in a matter of seconds taking no damage. The main issue is clusterfucks of ice-mages gangraping me in dungeons, slowing me down and making me unable to hit them. It is there any way that, without deviating too fay from my current build, I can beat this strategy?

Also, ily Cicero you are the best husband an orc could want <3

Got the patch on PC, haven't noticed any problems.. possibly improved mouse-UI detection but it may just be me wanting it believe it. Esc to exit menus is decent too. No backwards flying dragons though, which I'm somewhat disappointed by.

Roland the Conjurer finally has 100 Conjuration, and the Twin Souls perk at his disposal - meaning I can have fucking 2 conjurations out at once. I usually use the Dremora Lord one for dungeons and the Storm Atronach + Flame Thrall (permenant fucking Flame atronach) when roaming the open world. Currently having a lot of fun doing the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood quest lines.... and I finally have a horse! He's called Frost, has a white coat and beats bears 1v1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)