ORAS Ubers The Emperors Time

Im p new to ubers but for now i feel like oras ubers is kinda bad for teambuilders since their are so many mons to check and it lacks creativity seeing as you need 4 or 3 checks to a certain mon and with oras out their are even more threats we need to prepare for being the one and only mega salamence most steels get set up on by a bulky subdd set and get crushed by eq mega slowbro seems to fit well in ubers as a solid check to many offensive set up sweepers. Groudon beats special attackers that destroy slowbro while having xerneas as a set up sweeper while groudon+slowbro breaking down walls and checks to xern as in scizor and most steels. Their isnt a teambuilding process for this one maybe in one of the next rmt's i make until I get better at this tier.
Team Explanation

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Toxic/Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Foul Play
A solid check to ekiller/pdon and mega mence I left ice beam and status as an option 1 to beat mence with beam which isnt really needed since you can spam Foul play so it is left their as an option but I find toxic as the best move in this slot to beat pdon weaken pivots. Slowbro lets me offensive set up sweepers with foul play and amazing bulk I lose to yveltal and gengar which is the reason I keep spdef groudon and darkceus in the back to check those mons shadow tag might be a nuisance but losing to 1 mon and checking almost half the offensive tier gives no reason to change it to another mon. I mainly wanted this mon to be a solid pivot to the main offensive threats and i feel like it does its job well.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Tail
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
Best mon in this tier atm probly like the lando t of ubers idk dont listen to me but the set im running isnt standard first off Im running a careful nature to be to outspeed almost all other pdons so that I can win a speed tie and not risk 50/50s with lava plume being weaken I left dragon tail there so incase lati is their pdon check i can drag it out and repeat the process also another way i dont lose to baton pass comparing it to roar. I have spdef aegi in the back so I dont feel troubled by +2 xern. Spdef fits well with slowbro to beat its main checks like yveltal a solid mon overall and benifits the team really well.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Seeing as I have klefki added now I found no use for arceus dark to be on this team as arceus rock can check ho-oh and be a prior check to mega mence before mega evo. Arceus lets me have ease against ho-oh and can be a sponge as well since slowbro isnt always gonna be around. I went with calm mind since slowbro was my main defensive mon to switch into offensive threats so cm wasnt needed on bro which needed rest to not be widdled by status arceus rock seemed like a perfect mon to fill in the slowbro groudon core pretty much being the best defensive core I can think of that covers the offensive meta rn.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 140 HP / 116 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Defog
Same as OU the lati twins are still viable specially because we can abuse soul dew now I gave it a simple spread to be a bulky special attacker the hp isnt reasonable but it lets take better hits from mons like kyorgre for example which could be troublesome once pdon is gone. The hp gives me a 10% chance to be able to get 2hkod from primal ogre. The rest is standard roost prevents 2hko from both primals and let me roost stall them.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast
PISTOLERO suggested arom to be able to provide status removal that way I give arceus rock a free move slot and keeps slowbro from being widdled and lastly gives me a easier time to go against darkrai. The hp is large to live to best form of priority and gives it a better chance to deal with revenge killers. Moonblast+Focus Blast hits everything in the tier at +2 ohkoing everything besides pdon,spdef shit,ho oh and aegislash.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Play Rough
With out aegislash does not change the structure of team except now I have a faster time dealing with stall. 3 layers of Spikes let me ohko max max spdef pdon with a +2 moonblast from xerneas helping xerneas in a way and also helping arceus in a way. The attention that klefki gets is amazing and its prob top 5 staples for most ubers teams out there. Other than that the moveset is simple layers, Break subs with that amount of attack and dual status to deal with stall and set up sweepers.
[/hide]
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Foul Play

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Tail
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Refresh

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Defog

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Toxic

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello Pi3rate, it is always nice to see more creative teams using Pokemon such as Mega Slowbro as, like you said, the need to check so many things in ORAS leads to stifled teambuilding and the same teams over and over again.

The main issue I see is that your team has a weakness to Ho-Oh. Your Slowbro may be able to switch in once but Mega Slowbro cannot handle Sacred Fire burns + Brave Bird, with Scald doing less than 50% back to Ho-Oh and Foul Play being crippled by burn, alongside the need to spam Slack Off. For this reason, and also to give you a buffer to Mega Salamence, I recommend that you change your Arceus from Arceus-Dark to Arceus-Rock, and keep the same moveset. This gives you a stallbreaker of sorts that can promptly OHKO Ho-Oh, which causes Arceus-Dark all kinds of problems. This lets you open up a slot as Slowbro is no longer needed, with Arceus-Rock being able to live a +1 Earthquake from Mega Salamence and retaliate with Judgment for an OHKO, while also checking Yveltal reasonably well.

I recommend that you use Mega Salamence over Mega Slowbro, as this allows you to potentially lure out opposing Klefki and OHKO them with Earthquake, clearing the way for Xerneas to sweep. Klefki itself causes no end of problems for your team, as it can win 1v1 against Latias and Arceus-Dark, setting up Spikes and poisoning Groudon on the switchin, cutting its survival significantly.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

I cannot remember where these EVs are from but Mega Salamence can beat Extremekiller Arceus with this spread, not being OHKOed by +3 LO Extremespeed whilst also returning a 2HKO with Return.

I would recommend you change your Xerneas spread by running only 56 Speed EVs, with the rest being poured into HP. Geomancy Xerneas can also 1v1 Extremekiller Arceus if they both set up on the same turn, and at worst can survive a +2 Extremespeed, doing 55-60% with Moonblast or 70-75% with Focus Blast. Something you could also consider is using Aromatherapy instead of Thunder, as with Arceus-Rock you no longer need to OHKO Ho-Oh and Lugia after Stealth Rock, as they will not have as much breathing room. Aromatherapy lets you potentially beat Thunder Wave Primal Groudon if Xerneas is at full HP, and also allows Xerneas to provide team support, to Salamence in particular.

Lastly, Latias should probably run 212 HP EVs, allowing it to switch into Primal Kyogre and avoid a 2HKO from Modest Ice Beam. Healing Wish does seem nice to allow you to use Geomancy Xerneas more recklessly, and Defog + Healing Wish does seem to fit alright on this team. However, without Roost, Primal Kyogre gives you a significantly harder time.

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey pi3rate,

This team is pretty nice. It's a bit annoyed by Ho-Oh, and Ekiller puts in a good amount of work against this team (It actually straight-up wins with a bit of prior damage on stuff). Otherwise though, the build is solid, and props for using an interesting mon like Slowbro (which does a nice job of checking Salamence and stuff). PISTOLERO gave you some solid suggestions, but I think keeping Slowbro is kinda necessary to maintain the essence of this team so I'll try to come up with something.

I think you can afford to run Klefki over Aegislash, as it also checks Xerneas and can spread status and set up spikes. Mostly though, it condenses roles as a Fairy-type, allowing you to run something like Giratina-O over Xerneas. Giratina-O checks Ekiller, which is a pretty big threat to your team, and while it can offer an alternate defogger for your team, I would actually opt for Stone Edge on Giratina-O, as it can bop a Ho-Oh that assumes it has free turns (as Regenerator negates Dragon Tail normally). In this way, you can kinda beat Ho-Oh via a lure, which in conjunction with Slowbro (which if you limit its damage, can check Ho-Oh if its not too unlucky with Burns and rolls) and playing a good hazards game, you should fair moderately well against Ho-Oh.

On a side note, I would not run a fully Specially defensive Groudon on this team, the standard support set with 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD with a Relaxed nature should be perfectly fine. You also do not need the 4 Defense EVs on Arceus-Dark, because equal defenses gives Genesect the SpA boost.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Play Rough

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge

Good luck!

Both Pistolero and haxiom made really good rates I think, wanted just to add that you can also try an EV spread of 152 HP / 60 Def / 120 SpA / 176 Spe with a Timid nature on Latias as it lets you tank better PDon's hits (I can't remember perfectly what it does but I guess it allows Latias to tank 2 Stone Edges after SR and 1 Dragon Claw after SR coming from the RP set), guess the 212 HP one works fine too, but I think you can try this EV spread as well, and see how it works in your team. Gl with it! :]

Hello Pi3rate, it is always nice to see more creative teams using Pokemon such as Mega Slowbro as, like you said, the need to check so many things in ORAS leads to stifled teambuilding and the same teams over and over again.

The main issue I see is that your team has a weakness to Ho-Oh. Your Slowbro may be able to switch in once but Mega Slowbro cannot handle Sacred Fire burns + Brave Bird, with Scald doing less than 50% back to Ho-Oh and Foul Play being crippled by burn, alongside the need to spam Slack Off. For this reason, and also to give you a buffer to Mega Salamence, I recommend that you change your Arceus from Arceus-Dark to Arceus-Rock, and keep the same moveset. This gives you a stallbreaker of sorts that can promptly OHKO Ho-Oh, which causes Arceus-Dark all kinds of problems. This lets you open up a slot as Slowbro is no longer needed, with Arceus-Rock being able to live a +1 Earthquake from Mega Salamence and retaliate with Judgment for an OHKO, while also checking Yveltal reasonably well.

I recommend that you use Mega Salamence over Mega Slowbro, as this allows you to potentially lure out opposing Klefki and OHKO them with Earthquake, clearing the way for Xerneas to sweep. Klefki itself causes no end of problems for your team, as it can win 1v1 against Latias and Arceus-Dark, setting up Spikes and poisoning Groudon on the switchin, cutting its survival significantly.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

I cannot remember where these EVs are from but Mega Salamence can beat Extremekiller Arceus with this spread, not being OHKOed by +3 LO Extremespeed whilst also returning a 2HKO with Return.

I would recommend you change your Xerneas spread by running only 56 Speed EVs, with the rest being poured into HP. Geomancy Xerneas can also 1v1 Extremekiller Arceus if they both set up on the same turn, and at worst can survive a +2 Extremespeed, doing 55-60% with Moonblast or 70-75% with Focus Blast. Something you could also consider is using Aromatherapy instead of Thunder, as with Arceus-Rock you no longer need to OHKO Ho-Oh and Lugia after Stealth Rock, as they will not have as much breathing room. Aromatherapy lets you potentially beat Thunder Wave Primal Groudon if Xerneas is at full HP, and also allows Xerneas to provide team support, to Salamence in particular.

Lastly, Latias should probably run 212 HP EVs, allowing it to switch into Primal Kyogre and avoid a 2HKO from Modest Ice Beam. Healing Wish does seem nice to allow you to use Geomancy Xerneas more recklessly, and Defog + Healing Wish does seem to fit alright on this team. However, without Roost, Primal Kyogre gives you a significantly harder time.
ty for the reply ive been thinking on your changes and so far i seen that arceus rock benifits this alot more than arceus dark also being a check to mega mence. Im going to keep slowbro the way it is because arceus and klefki can check mence decently. Xerneas and Latias will be changed im going with 212 evs since draco still 2hkos the mons it checks but im still keeping roost to be able to be a pivot to mons like pdon and ogre. I was hesitant of klefki having 2 fairys and all but klefki doesnt really have a solid check besides pdon but overall klefki gets up spikes against xerneas cripples ekiller and mence. And lastly being a solid seitchin to yveltal. Will change sets once home if something is wrong with the changes comment to let me know or if their is a mon thats crushes this team let me know :]

Hey pi3rate,

This team is pretty nice. It's a bit annoyed by Ho-Oh, and Ekiller puts in a good amount of work against this team (It actually straight-up wins with a bit of prior damage on stuff). Otherwise though, the build is solid, and props for using an interesting mon like Slowbro (which does a nice job of checking Salamence and stuff). PISTOLERO gave you some solid suggestions, but I think keeping Slowbro is kinda necessary to maintain the essence of this team so I'll try to come up with something.

I think you can afford to run Klefki over Aegislash, as it also checks Xerneas and can spread status and set up spikes. Mostly though, it condenses roles as a Fairy-type, allowing you to run something like Giratina-O over Xerneas. Giratina-O checks Ekiller, which is a pretty big threat to your team, and while it can offer an alternate defogger for your team, I would actually opt for Stone Edge on Giratina-O, as it can bop a Ho-Oh that assumes it has free turns (as Regenerator negates Dragon Tail normally). In this way, you can kinda beat Ho-Oh via a lure, which in conjunction with Slowbro (which if you limit its damage, can check Ho-Oh if its not too unlucky with Burns and rolls) and playing a good hazards game, you should fair moderately well against Ho-Oh.

On a side note, I would not run a fully Specially defensive Groudon on this team, the standard support set with 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD with a Relaxed nature should be perfectly fine. You also do not need the 4 Defense EVs on Arceus-Dark, because equal defenses gives Genesect the SpA boost.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Play Rough

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge

Good luck!
ty for the idea of giratina but i think i would just have a bigger hole against yveltal or xerneas and stone edge lure is sick but i find it not viable because i already have switchins to ho-oh being arcrock and even slowbro to some extent being toxic widdle. I think geoxern is needed seeing as this team is most likely bulky balance imo. Xern is my win con most of the time and that way i dont have to be depending on arceus most of the time. Klefki is amazing and checks what i need that pushed my momentum back a bit overall solid mon. Going with sets on groudon you suggested wull change once home. Would be cool if fairy lock worked like healing wish so that i can trap stuff and set up a geo with xern.

Last edited:
Both Pistolero and haxiom made really good rates I think, wanted just to add that you can also try an EV spread of 152 HP / 60 Def / 120 SpA / 176 Spe with a Timid nature on Latias as it lets you tank better PDon's hits (I can't remember perfectly what it does but I guess it allows Latias to tank 2 Stone Edges after SR and 1 Dragon Claw after SR coming from the RP set), guess the 212 HP one works fine too, but I think you can try this EV spread as well, and see how it works in your team. Gl with it! :]
thanks for the reply sounds good but gonna go with pistolero since speed is needed in this meta id go with your set if it was calm mind to outstall ogre but defog is needed as a form of hazard removal.

Hey, dude, nice team. :) I agree with the change form Slowbro to MegaMence. It's pretty much an objective upgrade because Mence checks the same things as Slowbro (Ekiller, Ho-Oh, etc.) I like the refresh set which allows you to cure the burns from Sacred Fire.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost
- Return

It's the same as the offensive set w/ Earthquake except you have refresh over EQ and a more defensive spread. You're still not weak to Dragons considering you have double fairies. Bulky Mence also helps you against boosting variant of PDon w/ RP and/or SD. As for Latias, you could replace it with a HP fire Latios to lure in Klefki

Latios (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

I'm not sure how much the lack of Defog hurts, but the opponent will be pressured to defog because you have spikes and rocks on your team. HP fire is more of a fun option.

I'm not the best at rating teams, but I hope this helped!

Hey, dude, nice team. :) I agree with the change form Slowbro to MegaMence. It's pretty much an objective upgrade because Mence checks the same things as Slowbro (Ekiller, Ho-Oh, etc.) I like the refresh set which allows you to cure the burns from Sacred Fire.

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost
- Return

It's the same as the offensive set w/ Earthquake except you have refresh over EQ and a more defensive spread. You're still not weak to Dragons considering you have double fairies. Bulky Mence also helps you against boosting variant of PDon w/ RP and/or SD. As for Latias, you could replace it with a HP fire Latios to lure in Klefki

Latios (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

I'm not sure how much the lack of Defog hurts, but the opponent will be pressured to defog because you have spikes and rocks on your team. HP fire is more of a fun option.

I'm not the best at rating teams, but I hope this helped!
i like your ideas bro im still shaky on the idea if mence since mega slowbro has helped me so much on the ladder which has haxed this whole week. Megabro helped deal with ekiller but i will try out mence and see how it works but for now it doesnt need to be changed since the team is already good how it already is and i have 2 set up sweepers 1 with aromatherapy so i dont find refresh in mence being usefull having xern. Latios could be switched with the girl for more power hp fire doesnt really sound viable since xern and groudon beat klefki 1v1. will test and try out to see how it works thanks for the rate oras ubers needs to be more innovated all i see is pdon lati klefki on every team sigh what happened to the shit i use to see kinda feel like if pdon was gone we would have more fun again but it doesnt really deserve a ban imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)