The Everything NFL Thread v2.0

Best 0-2 team ever. Fuck last year's Giants, they were terrible in those first two games.

Couldn't agree more! I remember that the Giants gave up something like 84 points in the first two games last season. I dunno if the Chargers will make the playoffs this year because of these two BS losses! It will be such a difficult challenge in the AFC to make it with an 0-2 start.

BTW, I got the Eagles tonight.

yeah and giants were 0-2 last season so let's use that as our saving grace, any team that goes down 0-2 has the potential to win it all. let's not kid ourselves. lt hurt, gates hurt, no meriman, rivers->chambers is nice, but that's not goin to hold up

Coooooooowboooooys!!!!

great game.. even though it made me have a heart attack every time I saw a penalty or error.

]I'm getting hundreds of emails – hate mail – but I'm responding to it all. People deserve a response.

You can rest assured that nothing anyone can say can make me feel worse than I already feel about my mistake on the fumble play. You have no idea ...

Affecting the outcome of a game is a devastating feeling. Officials strive for perfection – I failed miserably. Although it does no good to say it, I am very, very sorry.

Ed Hochuli
That just doesn't make me feel better.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I feel really terrible for Chargers fans. I do. And I also feel absolutely fucking horrible for Ed Hochuli. I mean, how can you not? This guy has been the class of the NFL officiating crew for years, and he made a HUGE mistake and cost a team a win. How can you make up for something like that? How many times must he say he's sorry? He will be punished for the miscall, meaning he probably won't work a single playoff game this year. That's a big deal for referees, that's like me being told not to come to work for the entirety of November and December. This blemish will be on his record forever, so everyone should just deal with it and move on.

On a side note... holy SHIT, last night's game was amazing. I said it was going to be a shootout, but even I couldn't have imagined it would be that exciting. After all is said and done, McNabb lost the Eagles the game with two poor handoff fumbles. Those weren't Westbrook's fault, they were McNabb's.

EDIT: Went 11/15 with my game picks. Should've been 12.

GB_Packers_Ftw

LOOKS LIKE FAVRE GOT SHUT DOWN
Packers Cowboys week.

I do not feel nearly as confindent about this game as i did about last years Packers coyboys game. Its going to be a great game, the cowboys have never won in Green Bay, and i think the deciding factor will be Green Bays Run offense and defense. The Packers are a little banged up they will be missing Atari Bigby at SS and i am expecting the dallas TE's to have a big game as usual TE's do agaisnt our man def. I do look for AJ Hawk to remain to be the dominant Blitzer for GB. Last year we all gave bob sanders (G def coord not colts guy) heat for not bringing the heat. he seems to have felt our heat and is now bringing it. We are running about 2 blitzes a drive (sad btu huge improovement) and they almost always work. I look for blitzes off the edge, and im not sure if little felix can take AJ hawk in pass protection off the edge.

Good luck everyone

Edit: also i cant help but find the irony of my "personal title" "Favre got shut down" It would be epic if the Packers defeated the Jets in the superbowl lol.

Anyone else noticed the giants ridiculously easy schedule for the first 6 games?...except then they play at pittsburgh, then vs. the cowboys, then at philly. (two away pennsylvania games there lol)

im predicting a 6-0 start, to 6-3, then finally 10-6.

They'll always be a sloppy looking team who will play down to competition, and blow late games to teams like the cowboys (look at last year week 7 or 8, home game vs. dallas, we imploded in 2nd half), but its gotten to a point where they just continue to win games even if they dont have their best players.

Throughought the past decade, the giants have quite a few injuries in the latter part of the season, and I think that upper management learned that you need depth to succeed late season, and that's why we went out and got a great front 7 with consistent backups, and like 2 million hard hitting running backs.

eh i unno about ed costing them the game point blank. it led to that but still, broncos had to score the td and the 2 pt. but nonetheless, he did fuck up to give them that opportunity. chargers should be beating their asses on what they could have control over, and that was the defense on those lsat 2 plays =[

Reggie Bush is doing exactly as he's been doing -- he's a terrible runner but the best WR in the division behind Steve Smith.
How, HOW can you possibly say that? Reggie Bust hasn't showed anything. Sure, he can catch the ball, but he has LOW averages for YPC. When you say something like that, you disrespect Marques Colston and Roddy White, who are both poised to be elite recievers.

There is no way that GB is going to beat Dallas. Dallas, as much as I hate to say it, is the best team in the NFL right now. Sure, you can name some weaknesses. But overall, Dallas is seriously the team to beat. Aaron Rodgers is not on Tony Romo's level yet.

Being a huge Atlanta Fan, KC marches into the Georgia Dome. I hope the Falcons smell blood in the water, because this Chiefs team is reeling. If McFadden (overrated) could run for 168, imagine what the Burner could do 0.o

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
How, HOW can you possibly say that? Reggie Bust hasn't showed anything. Sure, he can catch the ball, but he has LOW averages for YPC.
HELLO, he's a running back! Of course he has a lower YPC than a WR (or TE), he's often catching out of the flats rather than downfield. His YPC is perfectly average for an RB, falling around the 8-9 mark. (And in two games so far this year he's actually averaging 11.7, well above-average.) His first two years in the league, he's been #2 in RB recs both years. This year, he's tied for #2 overall thus far (with Wayne and Burress) with a YPC similar to that of Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson.

Reggie Bush is very good in open space, he's just not very good at getting himself there on a rushing play. He's a great receiver because catching open passes (as often HB swings and screens tend to be) already gives him the open space to work with.

As often repeated, poor man's Brian Westbrook.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Oh my fucking god, why can't the Bears ever hold on to a fucking lead? ever?
Sounds like Buffalo last year.

Who are 3-0 by the way, motherfuckers. I was traveling and missed all the games today, but when havoc texted me with the Miami-NE score... HAHAHA.

lol@gaurdian for bashing Reggie Bush.

Where else have you seen exceptional rushing performances?
What do you mean by that? Exceptional rushing performances are the name of my Falcons game. 04-06, we led the league. And now Michael Turner leads the league in yards, TDs, and YPC.

Reggie Bush is finding his role this year. But he is a ROLE player, and an EXTREMELY overpaid one. 60 mil for one of the most overhyped and overpaid RBs in NFL history. But to say he is the 2nd best WR in the NFC South is SO ignorant. Once again, Marques Colston is a beast. Roddy White had 80+ catches and 1200 yds on a horrible ATL team last year.

Boy, the Texans were better off. Too bad Schaub sucks.

Buffalo looks LEGIT. I love Lee Evans...but they could definitely win the East this year.

Speaking of surprises, ATL is 2-1 and tied for the best record in the NFC South after 3 weeks. Just sayin.

The fact that Atlanta is winning surprises me. But then again, we had a 6-2 start a while ago, then finished 2-6.

Nothing ends well here :/

Oh, my fellow Atlanta fan...We have been through some hard times. The season you are talking about is 2005. Then in 06, we duplicated the season...5-2 then finished 2-7. 2007...*shudders*

A bit saddened to see the Packers lose, although I think Rodgers handled himself pretty well for being his first game against a really strong team.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Every NFL player is overpaid, whoop-de-doo. Note that Reggie Bush currently has the most receptions in the NFL, 10th in yardage, 3rd in first downs. Yes, this guy is an RB. So what if the thing he's good at is different from the thing we expected him to be good at? Kellen Winslow is a glorified WR himself, shies away from blocking as much as possible, yet most still consider him an elite TE because he's a great receiver. Give Reggie his dues, he's a pretty slippery mofo in open space. He just needs to curb the fumbles.

NFC South curse, believe it.

Rodgers looked decent enough. Even as a Cowboys fans, I scoffed at the "back down to earth" angle BSPN is playing. He still had an average completion percentage and he didn't turn the ball over for all the pressure he was taking. Dallas just played great defense. Would've liked to have seen my 'boys run the ball more, GB was playing pass all night and Barber/Jones ran all over them. That hustle on the long INT return and running up to block for Jones on the TD run are exactly why TO > Moss; he never gives up on a play, he never gives up on his team and his work ethic is amazing, which is way more important than Moss's nearly identical stats produced in two fewer seasons.

NFC East is pretty much UNSTOPPABLE. (ELI MANNING IS.) at this point. Combined 10-0 outside division play. Giants have the Bye and WAS/DAL play each other next week, so it's up to the Eagles to whoop on Chicago next week to keep the record alive. McNabb getting injured has been an expectation for years now but losing Westbrook for any length of time will really hurt them. Their defense should still keep them in games, at any rate.

HA! HA! The packers lost!

Also, Congrats to Miami for ending the Patriot's streak. We all knew it would happen this season, but I would've that a bit later in the season like Week 6.
Anyway, I can't wait till Week 4.

Rodgers not getting a great completion percentage is probably due more to the Dallas finally running a tight secondary more than mistakes on Rodger's part. As far as the 'boys go, picking up Jones seems to be the best thing that Dallas could have done this year. Also yeah, I do agree that TO > Moss, although TO didn't really become a good team player until recently.

The Titans are the best team in the AFC (at least for now)...and doing it without Vince Young ahh; at least the other Longhorns Bo Scaife and Michael Griffin dominated ;D

Also, the Cowboys are the best team in the NFC, so that is cool <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)