The Everything NHL Thread

I think Myers is just a completely terrible defenseman. From what I've seen out of him, he just relies on his length to do all of the work. He doesn't skate very well. He isn't physical at all. Basically any forward with good hands will make Myers look stupid and just leave him in the dust(snow?).

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of Myers, holy god this guy stinks right now. He's literally been worse every season since his Calder Trophy season. Is it just him not having any chemistry whatsoever with Leopold or is he going the way of Phaneuf?
No, he'd have to be much grittier to be anything like Phaneuf.

Myers is a big baby, plain and simple. He's basically the next coming of Jay Bouwmeester. He's big, but he has no muscle on his frame like Hal Gill or Zdeno Chara. He's actually a very good skater, but mentally he has completely lost his confidence, so there is nothing anyone can do to help him out of his funk. Pairing him with Leopold was a terrible idea, because both of them suck balls at the same time and cannot cover for each other's screwups. Our d-corp is a complete shitshow.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
David Clarkson is a 30-goal scoring wing that could start on basically every team, who can also punch out the other team's best fighter. Holllyy crap thank god he's on my favorite team and not yours.
wow I wasn't being serious with this post but looks like the jokes on me. wow is clarkson playing well.

Montreal vs Boston: Something really good. These two teams have a great rivalry, although my prediction for tonight is Montreal winning over the Bruins. Boston are missing Thornton and Marchand, and will have to rely on Lucic and Chara to scare Montreal, who are on a really good start. Galchenyuk and Gallagher are doing really well together. GO MONTREAL!

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Also I know it was a few days ago, but can I just say that Marchand crying like a little bitch in Toronto was extremely satisfying, my friends and I lol'd hard

Who saw John Scott beat up Shawn Thornton? That was memorable. Screw Bruins :3

Edit: Montreal lost :o How is that possible, we played so well in the first 40 minutes. Screw Bruins.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I haven't researched this at all, but I just read that Boston cleared Tim Thomas' cap hit (5 mil) by trading him to the Islanders.

Did the Bruins have some way to bypass this hit this year or something? Cause I feel like this is a big deal.

Whenever a top 5 team clears 5 million dollars in cap space for...nothing...I feel like it's a very big deal. Now they can basically upgrade for free in the offseason or much more easily through trade now...and they're already top 5.

Can someone clarify this?

Boston might be my favorite for the Stanley Cup if they can turn this extra space into a significant improvement (and of course, assuming half the roster isn't injured like last year lol)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
And they dumped him for a conditional pick, probably conditioned on him playing again. It's a win-win for the teams involved in the trade, fucking brilliant. Fuck Tim Thomas with a broken goalie stick.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I haven't researched this at all, but I just read that Boston cleared Tim Thomas' cap hit (5 mil) by trading him to the Islanders.

Did the Bruins have some way to bypass this hit this year or something? Cause I feel like this is a big deal.

Whenever a top 5 team clears 5 million dollars in cap space for...nothing...I feel like it's a very big deal. Now they can basically upgrade for free in the offseason or much more easily through trade now...and they're already top 5.

Can someone clarify this?

Boston might be my favorite for the Stanley Cup if they can turn this extra space into a significant improvement (and of course, assuming half the roster isn't injured like last year lol)
Timmy was on a 35+ contract. Suspending him will still have a cap hit. Trading him to the Islanders gives the Bruins an extra 5 mil to play with. Islanders probably won't toll Timmy's contract and will ride it out with the cap hit, indicating that they either want to move another high contract (visnovsky comes to mind) or they just want cap savings in that Wang doesnt spend a cent while the Islanders get more security from the cap floor.

Still think the Islanders should have at least got a 4th for taking Timmy's contract the NE is probably thanking NYI for making their lives more miserable.

While we're on the Bruins, Dougie Hamilton is basically giving the finger to Toronto. Holy shit did the Bruins win this trade hard.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thornton got dropped but the Bruins come away with two tough divisional wins in Canada, and are near the top of the East with two fewer games played, and they cleared $5 mil in cap space basically for free, and got a potential extra draft pick. What a week
While we're on the Bruins, Dougie Hamilton is basically giving the finger to Toronto. Holy shit did the Bruins win this trade hard.
Thanks again Kessel!!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Which is strange, because I thought he had been slowly improving over the last couple games. It probably doesn't help that he's about -345 already. But with Ehrhoff coming back into the lineup and probably Sekera too, who do you sit? I just hate to lose the only right-handed shot we have on the blue line.

Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher doing a phenomenal job with Canadiens..Even though they lost their last two games.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Northeast is being suprisingly good so far, 4/5 teams in playoff position.

Including the FUCKIN MAPLE LEAFS!

idk if anyone else watch Toronto vs Montreal last night but we completely tore them apart, domination on the scoresheet and in the physical game

Leafs back to the playoffs will make me very happy. We've matured a lot since last year, in skillset and especially in size, all our young guys bulked up.

Now Phaneuf just needs to stop sucking a dick and we'll be set

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
The Northeast is being suprisingly good so far, 4/5 teams in playoff position.

Including the FUCKIN MAPLE LEAFS!
The NHL is simply better when the Canadian teams are good. It's better for the sport. As much as I hate the Leafs, I'm glad they're playing better, I have a lot of friends in Toronto and they deserve success.

Sabres have won 2, looking to start a win streak tonight against Boston. If we can do that, the Northeast will have a lock on 5 playoffs spots.

So what do y'all think of the current pens/devils series goin' on now. I personally think one of them is going to be the Atlantic division champs. Devils don't seem to worry about losing Parise to much, still doing good against my pens. :(

If the Devils hold on to this lead they would be 8-1-3. Thats insane. They seem to be pretty healthy too. Their schedule in March is brutal though. 7 games in 11 days and 15 in 31.

Erh I'm going to cry if Montreal keeps losing like this, they got roadkilled by Toronto, that was disastrous to watch. They have to win vs Tampa tonight.

Indeed, NWO. Also, Montreal won tonight, but their still seventh in the East. Also, Rangers beat Bruins in a S/O! All of a sudden, their right back to the threatening team their supposed to be labeled as.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)