The Fall of Tyranitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throughout advance Tyranitar was seeing much use. It was able to wall many things with ease, Alakazam and Gardevoir too name a few. And with D/P more STAB moves that are deadly, it all looked good for him. Although Tyranitar got a significant positive boost in D/P so did everything else. It's the outside upgrades that scare Tyranitar. Now old pokemon that he could wall with ease got alot of new little gadgets that make Tyranitar run back to his mother. Currently I see barely any Tyranitar's across Shoddy and WiFi. I guess I could say I am one of the few that still run a Tyranitar on my team. Discuss.

I see Tyranitar in about 2 out of every 5 teams I battle.
That's just a rough estimate,but I see it often.

I still see Tyranitar as being very common. Over wifi at least, I don't touch the shoddy battle, so I can't say much for that. The fact that there are more ways to counter Ttar now, is a good thing. It makes him slightly more balanced.

I haven't used Ttar myself since the 2nd gen. I get pleasure from beating it with BL Pokemon like Breloom, etc.

I still see Tyranitar as being very common. Over wifi at least, I don't touch the shoddy battle, so I can't say much for that. The fact that there are more ways to counter Ttar now, is a good thing. It makes him slightly more balanced.

I haven't used Ttar myself since the 2nd gen. I get pleasure from beating it with BL Pokemon like Breloom, etc.
That is what I mean, all these new moves have crippled his use.

through the many battels i have seen it would be either Garchomp or Tyranitar, and 90% of the time it was Garchomp

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I still see Tyranitar, but not nearly as much as I did in ADV. Seriously, people aren't using it as much anymore, but they ARE still using it. Maybe it's just me though, my Shoddybattle battles may be completely different from what someone else sees.

If it was rarely ever seen, wouldn't that mean that Sandstorm teams would be seen significantly less as well? I know there's Hippowdon as the other Sandstreamer, but Tyranitar is still used in a lot of them.

People also use it on non-sandstorm teams a lot too. It can give some special defense to some rocks that are sorely lacking (Relicanth comes to mind), and it can wittle down your opponent's team very well. Frequently used on stall teams as well, although Hippowdon sees more use in that category.

Basically, I'd say it's not as common, but it sure as hell isn't rare.

People still use it a lot and it's still gay and scared the living fuck out of me because there's no good 'counter' for it :(

also, like some stated previously brelooms are rising in popularity (from what I've seen, and the shroomishes that go around the wifi forums here) so TTar can't grip the competition forever. Anyways, most (if not all) "good" pokemon have counters, otherwise, naturally it wouldn't be a very balanced game with the same 6 pkmn running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)