The Ferocious Tiger [BW OU RMT]

AT A GLANCE

Hey, hey, what have we got here? An electric tiger wet by the rain falling. How poetic. How deadly. In fact, I think that Raikou is a great underesimated Pokemon. Great Special Attack and Speed, good Special Defense, boosting move in Calm Mind, STAB Electric that grants a nearly perfect coverage with HP Ice. And that's why I created this team focusing on him.

I thought that, in order to use him at his best, a Rain support would have been useful because of 100% precision Thunder. So I put the lovely frog, Politoed.

Well, being Raikou a Special Sweeper, Bliss/Chans/Ferrothorn can block him all the day. And what is the best Physical Rain Sweeper (with the ban of SS, obviously)? Exactly, Toxicroak. Another frog in my team.

Shit, 2 Ground weaknesses. And I need some entry hazards too, in order to get the best from Raikou's sweep. I think this is time for Skarmory to appear. Now I can check nearly every Pokemon that abuse Sandstorm. It's a cool thing, isn't it? Rain cancels Fire weakness too. c:

Next one, I need a Rotom-W counter, since that damn THING wrecks Rain teams like a washing machine. Since I want a Healer and another type of hazards too, say "HI!" to my Celebi.

The last pokemon. I absolutely need a revenge killer, or SDHaxorus is free to destroy my team all day. So I decided to use Scarf Latios, which abuses Rain pretty well with Surf and Thunder. And Draco Meteor is always overpowered, that's why I love it.

Ok, now it's time to see this team with

A CLOSER LOOK

Politoed ♀ @

Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Encore
- Scald

This is my standard Politoed. Since this Pokemon isn't SO bulky alone and has no recovery besides Leftovers, a defensive set is needed in order to win more easily a weather war.

EVs explanation: 252 HP EVs are for general bulk, 252 in Defense since I have to switch on Tyranitar with this guy and the rest in Special Defense.

Moveset explanation: Scald is the double-STAB'd move of this set. It has a lovely 30% chance to burn, which cripples many Pokemon switching into Toed. the other 3 moves combine each other: first I encore a move with Politoed, for example Spikes or a boosting move. If opponent does not switch out the next turn, I Perish Song him. Since both Encore and Perish Song have 3 turns to finish their effects, the opponent will have only a turn to decide if die for the song or try to know what I'm going to do with my Pokemons. This moveset helps me a lot, since I have more occasions to setup with Raikou/Toxicroak.

Raikou @

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reflect

This is the star of the team, the final sweeper. Wonderful cleaner, thanks to his high Speed and great Special Attack. Usually CMindKou run
in order to have more bulk, but in a metagame where the main point s kill or be killed,
seems a better option to me.

EVs eplanation: well, that's the standard for every not bulky sweeper, but anyway. 252 Speed EVs+ Timid Nature in order to outspeed almost anything, have the speed tie with the genies and being fast, Dragonball fast (lol). 252 in Special Attack to hit really hard after a CMind. Rest in Defense.

Moveset explanation: Thunder is the obvious and best STAB in Rain for an Electric type, and Raikou is not an exception. Hidden Power Ice is for nearly perfect coverage, resisted only by Lanturn, Shedinja and Magnezone. Calm Mind to boost and hit harder. Reflect may be a gimmicky option, but many physical sweeper will try to attack Raikou instead of boosting, since a +1 LO Thunder is difficult to eat. I can resist better priority moves too, since (except Vacuum Wave) they're all physical.

Skarmory ♂ @

Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Skarmory is a Pokemon easy to fit in almost every team. Hazard support, great type, good Attack, insane Defense, phazer, and THE ONLY POKEMON WHO REALLY STOPS HAXORUS. He's pretty cool too. I put a
on him because I don't want him to die.

EVs explanation: here too, standard set, focused on Skarmory's stellar defense. 252 HP EVs to absorb even Draco Meteors quite well, 252 in Defense to laugh at every physical attacker and rest in Special Defense to help the Special bulk somehow.

Moveset explanation: Drill Peck is a good STAB, and with it I can do good damage to -1 Terrakion/Scizor or Conkeldurr. With Roost Skarmory heals half of his life, helping his wall work. Spikes to help a lot Raikou sweep and WWind to phaze while doing extra damage with hazards.

Celebi @

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Grass Knot

This thing in rain is difficult to take down. I needed a healer and a status absorber for the team, and there it is. His bulk helps a lot to stop Rotom-W and other bulky waters like Gastrodon or Quagsire.

EVs explanation: EVs are made in order to have a lot of bulk to abuse. 252 EVs in HP, followed by 224 in Special Defense, are put in order to take a lot of special hits to the like of Draco Meteors or Fire Blasts/Ice Beams. 32 in Speed are for being sure to ALWAYS outspeed Tyranitar.

Moveset explanation: Heal Bell is to remove crappy burns from Toxicroak or Paralysis from Raikou. Stealth Rock reduces Volcarona's sweep a lot. I don't think that many Donphans will switch in Celebi to spin away these. Recover is for recovery. Grass Knot 2HKO's Tyranitar and is for huge damage to every bulky water bar Politoed and Rotom-W. Damn ghosts.

Latios ♂ @

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder
- Psyshock

The revenge killer of the team. Insane Special Attack. Great Speed powered up by
. DRACO METEOR. In a word, lovely.

EVs explanation: 252 Special Attack+Modest Nature is for a great success at killing the Pokemon I'm revenge-killing. 252 in Speed to outspeed everything I can outspeed, 4 HP for general bulk.

Moveset explanation: Draco Meteor destroys everything that isn't Steel. Surf gains a pseudo-STAB from Rain, being my first way to deal with Steels. The second way to destroy them is Thunder (mainly for Skarmory and Empoleon), which has a nice 100% precision in Rain. Psyshock is mainly filler and to hit even Bliss/Chans.

Toxicroak (M) @

Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

The best set to abuse Toxicroak in rain. Dry Skin is a great ability, since with it I'm immune to Scald, which is a common way for Bulky Waters to deal damage while statusing enemies. I recover 12% of HP every turn too, so I can afford to use
on him. Really cool.

EVs explanation: 252 Speed+Jolly to outspeed every defensive Gliscor and OHKO it before taking a Earthquake. 252 Attack+
are powerful enough to scare Ferrothorn. 4 HP for general bulk.

Moveset explanation: Cross Chop is a powerful STAB, which OHKO's Ferrothorn even at +0 with some previous damage. Sucker Punch is the only way to hit Ghost types for Toxicroak. It OHKO's Latios at +0 after SR damage too. Ice Punch is for Dragons and Gliscor, that walls every other move. Swords Dance is the key of the set, since it boosts Toxicroak attack to incredible levels, so that he can easily kill Skarmory (if Sturdy has been broken).

Ok, this is my team. Feel free to say everything about it, if I posted it, there's a reason. Well, good rate to everyone!

RATE!

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Encore
- Scald
Raikou @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Reflect
Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Drill Peck
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Grass Knot
Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Thunder
- Psyshock
Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

So your team looks good and I like the use of Raikou. Your team seems to be weak to Volt-Turn teams because your counter to Rotom-W is Celebi who is wrecked by Scizor's U-turn. You will get trapped into this cycle of turning because your team is still very weak to Rotom-W. I recommend a Mixed Rain Dragonite. Mixed Rain Dragonite can come in on Volt Switches from Rotom-W and then Hurricane Scizor to death. The problem is where to put it. I would suggest putting it over Toxicroak as LO Hurricane still 2hkos Standard Ferrothorn.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

It also looks like SpecsLatios can be trouble switching into. These are the calcs for Skarmory switching to a SpecsLatios Dracometeor.
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Skarmory: 68.26% - 80.54%
Thats a lot of hp stripped away just for switching in. It is then finished by the following Dracometeor. Your only way of handling Latios seems to be and revenge kill it with your Latios. I recommend a Specially Defensive Ferrothorn to help take Dracometeors while also still being able to take Outrages.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I hope these suggestions helped.

pretty cool team with a lot of underrated pokemon but there are a few things i dislike - namely, the weakness to ferrothorn + jellicent. this combination almost completely walls everything on this team, with things being able to hit one of them becoming completely unable to hit the either.

there are some changes i think would help this team out while keeping the raikou + toxicroak core which i think you definitely want to keep - it being changing the two defensive minded pokemon into a new solid core. so yes, id ditch skarmory and celebi and in their places, i would add your own ferrothorn with stealth rock and spikes, giving you a resist to dragon still while covering the types both celebi and skarm did, and give the last slot to spore/sub/focus punch/seed bomb breloom - an odd choice to be sure, but effective on this particular team. because of this teams capability to handle many offensive threats with its own counter offense, a breloom gives you some support against defensive teams that use the jelli/ferro core i outlined. breloom also beats basically what celebi beat, but gives you something to just absorb status anyway and a very helpful spore that gives toxicroak and raikou a chance to set up. instead of being dead weight to this team or slowing down the offensive pressure like celebi, it adds yet another offensive edge while the rest of the team can handle its problems very well. you could definitely use a full out offensive, defensive, or special defensive set because of ferrothorn - thats really just your choice to cover what you feel the need to cover.

hope its an interesting suggestion to you that helps improve the team - another note would also be to change latios timid to give it a role in outspeed things like deoxys-s and pretty much every pokemon out there like scarf terrakion, but if modest has worked well for you, its not that big of a deal. it is a change id consider tho for insurance purposes against things that set up.

So your team looks good and I like the use of Raikou. Your team seems to be weak to Volt-Turn teams because your counter to Rotom-W is Celebi who is wrecked by Scizor's U-turn. You will get trapped into this cycle of turning because your team is still very weak to Rotom-W. I recommend a Mixed Rain Dragonite. Mixed Rain Dragonite can come in on Volt Switches from Rotom-W and then Hurricane Scizor to death. The problem is where to put it. I would suggest putting it over Toxicroak as LO Hurricane still 2hkos Standard Ferrothorn.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

It also looks like SpecsLatios can be trouble switching into. These are the calcs for Skarmory switching to a SpecsLatios Dracometeor.
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs 252 HP/4 SpDef Skarmory: 68.26% - 80.54%
Thats a lot of hp stripped away just for switching in. It is then finished by the following Dracometeor. Your only way of handling Latios seems to be and revenge kill it with your Latios. I recommend a Specially Defensive Ferrothorn to help take Dracometeors while also still being able to take Outrages.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I hope these suggestions helped.
pretty cool team with a lot of underrated pokemon but there are a few things i dislike - namely, the weakness to ferrothorn + jellicent. this combination almost completely walls everything on this team, with things being able to hit one of them becoming completely unable to hit the either.

there are some changes i think would help this team out while keeping the raikou + toxicroak core which i think you definitely want to keep - it being changing the two defensive minded pokemon into a new solid core. so yes, id ditch skarmory and celebi and in their places, i would add your own ferrothorn with stealth rock and spikes, giving you a resist to dragon still while covering the types both celebi and skarm did, and give the last slot to spore/sub/focus punch/seed bomb breloom - an odd choice to be sure, but effective on this particular team. because of this teams capability to handle many offensive threats with its own counter offense, a breloom gives you some support against defensive teams that use the jelli/ferro core i outlined. breloom also beats basically what celebi beat, but gives you something to just absorb status anyway and a very helpful spore that gives toxicroak and raikou a chance to set up. instead of being dead weight to this team or slowing down the offensive pressure like celebi, it adds yet another offensive edge while the rest of the team can handle its problems very well. you could definitely use a full out offensive, defensive, or special defensive set because of ferrothorn - thats really just your choice to cover what you feel the need to cover.

hope its an interesting suggestion to you that helps improve the team - another note would also be to change latios timid to give it a role in outspeed things like deoxys-s and pretty much every pokemon out there like scarf terrakion, but if modest has worked well for you, its not that big of a deal. it is a change id consider tho for insurance purposes against things that set up.
Purple Hurricane's suggestion to put a more effective Dragon resist has been absorbed by kd24. I think I'll put this Ferrothorn, maybe with some defense evs too in order to take hits from Haxorus too. I'm not sure about Breloom, but I'm going to try it. The real problem is that if I put SR+Spikes Ferrothorn, I won't be able to run Leech Seed on it, and I have to use Shed Shell because of Magnezone...maybe Rest? That's gimmicky I know :\

Lucario enter on Celebi, SD , and GG ! Put a counter of him...
Well, with Luke, everything depends on his 4th slot. Without ES Latios can easily OHKO with Surf assuming he took damage from Spikes/Life Orb; with it Latios has only a small chance to be OHKOed at +2, assuming Adamant+Life Orb, and that's the same. Anyway, I could lose Latios if he took some previous damage. So, what do you think I could put?

Latios can take Rotom-W I think but you must have another steel for take Draco Meteor of Latios, Hydreigon...I suggest make Empoleon over Celebi, Empoleon can SR too and have a boost of his water type moves.

Sayonara

don't forget
Great team! I like the effort put into this RMT! Congrats. One thing, I suggest Giga Drain over Grass Knot on Celebi to gain health back.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey really great team mate, the type synergy is really amazing :)

So the first threat I see to this team is Lucario(pointed out by an above poster). If he sets up he is going to be doing some major damage. So I'd like to suggest Running 176 Speed EVs and Earth Power on Celebi.

Earth Power could be used over Heal Bell on Celebi, Heal Bell tends to be a fairly situational move because Toxicroak shouldn't be switching in on Burns(scald doesn't affect him I may be wrong though) and Raikou is only being paralyized by Jirachi's Body Slam(again shouldn't be switching in).

252 Hp/ 80 SpDef/ 176 Spe would be the ideal spread, this means Celebi will always outpace standard Adamant Max Speed Lucario. Then with Earth Power at it's disposal it can eliminate the Lucario who thinks it can set up.

Besides that I would second Purple Hurricane's suggestion of Ferrothorn over Skarmory. You won't have to run both SR and Spikes on him since your keeping Celebi, so it's moveset is fine. But I would recommend running the spread 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD with a Relaxed Nature(this is the standard spread for a reason :) I also highly recommend Leftovers over Shed Shell, because while Magnezone sucks 8/10 Leftovers will be better and if this is a ladder team consistency is what you should strive for.

I just wanna say again that this is a really cool team utilizing some realy underrated threats, Good Luck!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Joeyboy - give Celebi Earth Power. It not only solves your Lucario problem, but it can also deal with CM Jirachi, which can be a nuisance to this team otherwise. Also I suggest trying Baton Pass over Stealth Rock on Celebi; Ferrothorn can lay down SR+Spikes, while Baton Pass allows Celebi to switch out of Scizor / TTar's Pursuit, lengthening Celebi's play-time. Baton Pass also forces switches, thereby racking entry hazard damage. If you want to make better use of Baton Pass, Celebi can Nasty Plot over Recover; with this boost, it can single-handedly dismantle most Rain teams. Celebi can also pass Nasty Plot boosts to Raikou to wreck teams.

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid | 240 HP / 80 SpA / 112 SpD / 76 Spe
Giga Drain | Earth Power | Baton Pass | Nasty Plot

With those SpA EVs, Celebi scores a 3HKO on CB Scizor after SR + 1 Spikes. Thus, once Scizor takes an Earth Power, Celebi can take it out the 2nd time with Nasty Plot. Earth Power also OHKOs Heatran after Nasty Plot without hazards. With Nasty Plot Celebi can dismantle Ferrothorn + Jellicent combo that kd24 warned you about. Celebi has enough Speed to outrun Adamant Lucario.

As for Ferrothorn, I would follow Joeyboy's advice and attach Leftovers. Magnezone cannot prevent Ferrothorn from laying down hazards, which is what your team mainly wants. What may be troublesome is that an opposing team can relatively easily set up their SR and Spikes on this team. Although Scarf Latios is an amazing revenge-killer, you may want to consider Starmie over Latios to gain Spin support. Your team loses out on Speed, but Starmie still has sufficient Speed + firepower to check many offensively-oriented teams. Even more, it can lure and destroy Gastrodon with Grass Knot, paving way for your Raikou sweep.

Starmie @ Expert Belt | Natural Cure
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Grass Knot | Rapid Spin

Expert Belt allows Starmie to seal 2HKOs on Jellicent and Gastrodon, as well as Celebi and Latias after SR. It is a powerful Rain Sweeper in its own right; although Grass Knot does make it harder for Starmie to beat certain Water Types, you have NP Celebi, Ferrothorn, and Raikou that can take advantage of these opportunities.

Thanks to everyone, I'm sorry but my internet connection is terrible D: I'll try some of these Pokemons in the team and I'll answer to everyone °w°

ok first thing I noticed about this team was that reflect on raikou WiTh a life orb. I think this isn't very smart because "turn one, reflect -10% life and minus (however much they hit) second turn calm mind -10% life and minus (however much they hit). So by the end of doing what you need your way low on health. If you want more power slap a band on it, and get rid of calm mind, or just go to leftovers for bulk.

Next off I noticed how every pokemon is destroyed by a taunt. If any team with one or two taunters came against you they could shut down all your sweeps, your spikes, and supports. I'm somewhat new so I don't know how to fix this though :S.

Thridly I realized that your team is pretty dependent on weather for raikous thunder, celebis safety from fire, toxicroaks dry skin, and skarms safety from fire. So anyone that killed poli and got sunny day up forever could destroy this team. Once again not sure exactly how to fix this, but just pointing out the problem.

Lastly I noticed your weakness to steels since you don't really have an easy way of taking them out quickly. So I suggest (lol i actually have a suggestion to fix it!) switching thunder on latios to HP fire. I know that thunder is great in the rain but you have raikou to thunder all day long. I feel this would help get rid of steels and surprise your opponents!

P.S. cool pics for the pokemon where'd you get em?

ok first thing I noticed about this team was that reflect on raikou WiTh a life orb. I think this isn't very smart because "turn one, reflect -10% life and minus (however much they hit) second turn calm mind -10% life and minus (however much they hit). So by the end of doing what you need your way low on health. If you want more power slap a band on it, and get rid of calm mind, or just go to leftovers for bulk.

Next off I noticed how every pokemon is destroyed by a taunt. If any team with one or two taunters came against you they could shut down all your sweeps, your spikes, and supports. I'm somewhat new so I don't know how to fix this though :S.

Thridly I realized that your team is pretty dependent on weather for raikous thunder, celebis safety from fire, toxicroaks dry skin, and skarms safety from fire. So anyone that killed poli and got sunny day up forever could destroy this team. Once again not sure exactly how to fix this, but just pointing out the problem.

Lastly I noticed your weakness to steels since you don't really have an easy way of taking them out quickly. So I suggest (lol i actually have a suggestion to fix it!) switching thunder on latios to HP fire. I know that thunder is great in the rain but you have raikou to thunder all day long. I feel this would help get rid of steels and surprise your opponents!

P.S. cool pics for the pokemon where'd you get em?
First thing, LO effect actives ONLY with direct attacks, like Thunder or Cross Chop or Hyper Beam or Blizzard, not with non-damaging moves like Rest, Calm Mind or Reflect.
Second, it's logical that a Rain Team needs the rain to work, but every weather team has a way to win the weather war. For example, I easily beat TTar and Abomasnow with Toxicroak or Celebi (only TTar with him) and Ninetales is easily destroyed by rocks, while Donphan, the main Sun spinner, doesn't like coming on a Grass Knot/Surf/Draco Meteor/Ice Punch +2/Hidden Power Ice +1 +LO/Scald while having his Sturdy broken by Stealth Rocks.
Third thing, a Fire move on a Rain Team. *cof cof* Anyway, to get rid of steels i have the powerful Cross Chop from Toxicroak and Surf from Latios, since things like Forretress have shitty Special Defense.

Anyway I found the pics on Google °-°

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)