The first rain,a BW2 Rain Team

Should i use terrakion over landorus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(READ) This thread is dead so don't bother commenting on it,and if you really want to rate one of my teams just click on my username and go read my most recent thread and go rate that one (READ)

{The First Rain}
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the team at a glance:
_
_
_
_
_

Team building process:

First off i want to try out a rain team with tornadus-t.

Then i added keldeo-r and ferrathorn and at this point i realised i needed some physical attackers,and i had no idea what i was going to use poli for yet besides rain but then i decided to use it as a special wall.

Then i added dnite and gyara but didn't want to use dragonite beacuse i wanted to try out moxie mence.
--------------
|Testing begins|
--------------

Salamence wasen't taking advantage of the rain at all,so she needed to be changed,then i saw toxicrock and it fit perfectly onto the team.

I continued testing and i ran into problems aginst a sun team and realised if poli faints before the foes ninetales i am done and i had nothing to counter sun or even sand,so then i watched a battle of a battler by the name of 2frogz and he almost had the same pokemon as me but he had a landorus over gyara,and i asked him if it would be ok if i used that and he said it was fine.

Then thanks to the team finally being posted i got some help so far and made some changes.

Added dragonite over toxicrock so i am not so dependent on rain and i changed some stuff on the other pokemon.

Then i found out after getting destroyed by a defensive rain team that set up sr,3 spike layers and 2 toxic spike layers so i used starmie,i need a rapid spinner,and i also changed some moves.
-------------

The team
-----------
Lead/Special Wall:

BigTheCat (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 6 Spd
Calm Nature
- Toxic -
- Protect -
- Encore -
- Scald -

Info:
The first off the most important part of a rain team,drizzle...i mean politoed.Since i also needed a special wall for my team i decided to go with poli,and i decided to make my own set for this.I have 6 speed evs to outspeed other politoads,and if i don't i always protect to give my chance to survive another turn or stall out the foe or even not die from that hit that would have been a critical hit,then toxic for stalling and encore for those sweepers trying to set up or stop stallers in their tracks,then finally scald for damage and the chance of burn.Then drizzle to add whats needed for a rain team,rain.That special defense really pays off,one time poli lived a thunderbolt from a thundorus-t and it only did about 80% of polis full health,that's a pretty big accomplishment for a politoad.

Special Sweeper:

Popstar (Tornadus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- U-turn -
- Hurricane -
- Focus Blast -
- Hidden Power [Ice] -

Info:
Here is the second member of the team and ready to sweep,tornadus-t.Tornadus-t is pretty deadly if it can go first but with a speed stat of 375 at max besides when facing a scarfed pokemon its pretty much going to go first.I have u-turn so that i can scout or just get back some health,secondly i have hurricane for massive damage,thirdly focus blast for coverage,then finally hidden power ice for other tornadus-t's,thundorus-t's and other pokemon that are weak to ice.Then besides that we have your avarage rain sweeper.And to top if off with life orb for extra damage.

The other special sweeper:

Starfy (Starmie) @ Expert Belt Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder -

- Surf -

- Rapid Spin -

- Ice Beam -

Info:
I needed a rapid spinner so thanks to Scarfwhynaut,BAM rapid spinner.Well here is the newest inclusion to my team,starmie.Starmie isn't here to play around...starmie means bisness.With the deadley array of moves consisting of thunder:to destroy stuff and hit alaways,surf:for stab and coverage,ice beam:for coverage and therains,and rapid spin:for getting rid of entry hazards.Then also starmie can outspeed allot of stuff,probally more then keldeo ever could and dosen't have such a weak movepool as keldeo.Oh and expert belt to tick my foes into thinking i'm choiced when i do allot more then the norm with a super affective hit.

The physical wall/entry hazard setter:

Marx Soul (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 88 Def / 252 HP / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
- Spikes -
- Leech Seed -
- Stealth Rock -
- Power Whip -

Info:
Thank You Move Tutors...now ferrathorn can get spikes + leech seed + stealth rocks legially :D.So ferra now makes forretress pertty much useless besides rapid spin,ferrathorn can deal out allot of damage with iron barbs + rocky helmet with the addition of setting up allot of entry hazards then sap away the foes health with leech seed.and then power whip to deal with water types,gg keldeo.Also with the fact that it can wall physical hits and even some special hits and that makes it really good on any team,espicially this team.

The physical sweeper:

Yoshi (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Spd / 250 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Outrage -
- Waterfall -
- ExtremeSpeed -
- Earthquake -

Info:
And i thought toxicrock was good...Well this is dragonite,he helps with the fact that i was sorta relying to much no rain so i needed another Pokemon that doesn't need rain but rain doesn't hurt it.This can do allot of damage,it can deal out damage and with its natural bulk and multiscale it can take hits too.With the moves of outrage,waterfall,exetremespeed and earthquake dragonite has got a good arsenal at its hands.

The way to deal with sun/sand:

Ghost&Goblin (Landorus) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-turn -
- Earthquake -
- Stone Edge -
- Swords Dance -

Info:
Then finally landorus for those pesky sun and sand teams to take full advantage of the spoils of the weather.Landorus can take down t-tars and ninetails easily.It also has good coverage with u-turn to scout and do damage,earthquake for damage and coverage,stone edge for damage and coverage and swords dance for increasing attack when i get the chance too.Then after the other weather is taken down i can have rain for the rest of the match,landorus also can help against thundorus-t if it can go first.(would landorus-t be better here then landorus)

Exportable version:
BigTheCat (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 6 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Encore
- Scald

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Starfy (Starmie) @ Expert Belt Trait: Natural Cure
- Thunder
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Marx Soul (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Yoshi (Dragonite) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 8 HP / 250 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake

Ghost&Goblin (Landorus) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sowrds Dance

Previous Members:

QueenOfHearts (Toxicroak) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Substitute -
- Bulk Up -
- Drain Punch -
- Ice Punch -

SpoonyBard (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute -
- Surf -
- Hidden Power [Ice] -
- Secret Sword -

Final glance at the team
-------------------------

_
_
_
_
_

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Why have Sheer Force on Landorus when he has no moves to abuse it? Especially if you're going to be using him to counter Tyranitar who brings Sand with him.

It's actually the second.
I have played the new metagame some, and I think you should run leftovers on power whip on ferrothorn so you are not such a set up fodder and so you can hit water types, especially the ubiquitous keldeo

changed sheer force to sand force on landorus

first off,you may be thinking its the second beacuse in a rain team in another thread someone used keldeo but used the resolution artwork for the image.Then also how would leftovers help me more then rocky helmet.

Just some moveset and ev spread notes:

Give Politoed ice beam easily over icy wind, actually you may want to use protect or even perish song over it.

Give Forrtress 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD to take special hits a lot better, that defense is about all you really need.

Give landorus a Jolly nature over adamant to outspeed base 100s.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey,
Gosh the Weeks ahead are looking crappy for my non-weather team, anyway to rating yours. I suggest running Life Orb > Choice Specs on Tornadus. With Regenerator you can just U-Turn out of the damage that Life Orb gives you and it stops your opponent from getting a free turn due to you being Choice Locked. A weakness I noted was that new Thundurus-T. Keldeo is your only thing faster than it (Lando will lose to +Spd and even Keldeo will lose to Scarf versions) and the standard Thunder/ Focus Miss/ Hidden Power [ICE] set will give you headaches, Choice Scarf and Life Orb variants are the most scary. Due to this, I think you should run Choice Band Dragonite over Toxicroak. At present your team is far too reliable on keeping rain up, and Dragonite also gives your team a Priority move that does great damage. On top of that everybody will think your running Rain Abuse / Dragon Dance and wont see the Powerful hit coming before its too late. ExtremSpeed will do a hefty amount of damage to Thundurus-T and should keep him out of the match if he doesn't have Rapid Spin Support
GL with the team, and Forry aint dead now its still got Rapid Spin!
Dragonite @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 8HP/ 248Atk / 252Spd
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Made changes to team and changed comment about forry

dose anyone have any suggestions on any way to add a rapid spinner to the team

dose anyone have any suggestions on any way to add a rapid spinner to the team
You have a few options, Starmie can be used over Tornadus as a check pokemon, or over Keldeo as a rain abuser. You could also run Forretress > Ferrothorn as they preform about the same role of setting hazards.

Edit: you may want to run waterfall / aqua tail on Dragonite over fire punch, since your in the rain and all

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Hey look, it's my team.

Seriously, dude, this is the exact same team I use on Showdown, except with Gyro Ball > Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock > Substitute on Landorus.

I guess it's good, though. I mean, it's my team. It has to be good.

One complaint, don't use Lum Berry on a Landorus with Substitute. That's half the point of Sub, isn't it? Block status.

Hey look, it's my team.

Seriously, dude, this is the exact same team I use on Showdown, except with Gyro Ball > Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn and Stealth Rock > Substitute on Landorus.

I guess it's good, though. I mean, it's my team. It has to be good.

One complaint, don't use Lum Berry on a Landorus with Substitute. That's half the point of Sub, isn't it? Block status.
i didn't know you use the same pokemon on your team so sorry about that,and i will probally change sub to swords dance(thanks for menchioning that beacuse i never noticed that before).

You have a few options, Starmie can be used over Tornadus as a check pokemon, or over Keldeo as a rain abuser. You could also run Forretress > Ferrothorn as they preform about the same role of setting hazards.

Edit: you may want to run waterfall / aqua tail on Dragonite over fire punch, since your in the rain and all
I will change keldeo to starmie beacuse it has rapid spin like you said and starmie is a good rain sweeper,then i will change fire punch to waterfall(but if i do that how will i deal with ferra)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)