Other The Genius Forum Game - Over - Congratulations Blazade

In advance I'd like to say sorry to the man I had to make lose, I was first so I had no choice on the matter.
You sure know how to make a guy feel confident in his plan prior to deadline. If this apology is directed at me, it will be accepted if/when you lose the death match I will take you to. :)

If it's directed at someone else, then I don't care. But stop freaking me out bro.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
final results:

Da Letter El: 540
Blazade: 133
PokeguyNXB: 122
U-Turn Out: 100
idiotfrommars: 72
UncleSam: 21
ButteredToast: 11
internet: 1
Shaka Brah: 0
LightWolf: 0

All players except Da Letter El, Shaka Brah, and Lightwolf receive 2 garnets.

Da Letter El , pick one of Lightwolf and Shaka Brah to be the loser to go to the death match. Then, pick a player to give your second Token of Life.

Last edited by a moderator:

LightWolf

lightwoof
So ladies and gentlemen!

You might be wondering, why the fuck do I have no money like that. See I made a promise to people, I'd assure they wouldn't lose. They Crux of this plan was, Shaka was okay with losing, but I could not assure he'd go through with it, so if he'd say no, my promise would be broken and all but one of us would be at risk. So I took a greater risk for their sake! I LOST TOO SO THEY COULD LIVE. Even if Shaka goes back on his word, they'd get to live, it was my promise, I had to make sure it was kept.

I'd like to thank Shaka for keeping his word. DLE please choose him for the deathmatch as planned.

And remember people, I'm willing to risk my own life for you! Also my avatar is clearly a Corgi don't pick me Shaka.

EDIT: To make it absolutely clear, I did it for the completely shellfish reason of winning over the crowd, the difference is I admit that's why I care and make it clear I have no intention of risking losing the support of others.

Last edited:

Shaka Brah

Banned deucer.
I'd gone into this round thinking that I was going to send Sam to the deathmatch for a variety of reasons, but halfway through the round I realized that it wasn't really an attractive option. The super cabal I formed in round 1 combined with another in round 2 and they've (we've?) been working together in basically every Main Match since - We won the numbers game, and the combined group got points off of eachother in Sword, Bow, Axe... the resistance against Sam's efforts in the Zombie game was also largely spearheaded by/consisted of the same people. Our plan for this Main Match also basically had no counterplay that anyone could think of, so everyone just rolled over and let us collect a lot of money in order to avoid being targeted by us in the future. I thought that Sam would be so polarizing that every MM would turn into a team game, but after this MM, I'm just now realizing that if the current alliance goes unchecked, everyone who isn't "in" is going to get picked off one by one. So, at the risk of alienating some of the people who I've been very friendly with thus far, I'm going to try and eliminate the person who, in my eyes, is poised to be the root of at least one of these tight-knit alliances in future rounds. I'll choose LightWolf for the deathmatch. I hope everyone who's supported me in the past will continue to support me in this deathmatch, but I understand if this move reduces the amount of trust that you have in me. I've chosen this option to not only have a great deathmatch vs. one of the most dominant (IMO) players in this game, but also in hope that the team play that's been going on will slow down or stop no matter the outcome, because it's starting to get boring and it'll just get more and more boring.

I just hope the game zorbees has us play doesn't suck.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
This round's Death Match is Betting Over/Under.

At the start of the game, the 8 other players will be placed in a random order and assigned a random number from 1 to 5.

The players will be betting on the numbers assigned to the other players. Each round, the starting player will choose to play or to bet, while the second player will get the option that isn't chosen.

The player who gets to play will pick a number from 1 to 5 to openly play against the spectator's hidden number. He will receive chips equal to the number he chose.

The betting player will bet any number of chips on if his opponent is over or under the spectator's number. He will receive twice his bet if correct, will lose his bet if incorrect, and will retain his bet if they pick the same number.

Both players start with 5 chips. The starting player in round 1 will be the player who lost the main match, alternating after that.

The player who has more chips at the end of 8 rounds will be the winner. If tied, the player who earned the most chips in one bet will be the winner. If still tied, the player who earned the most chips in the final round will be the winner. If still tied, the game will restart.

Order:

PokeguyNXB
internet
Da Letter El
U-Turn Out
Blazade
UncleSam
ButteredToast
idiotfrommars

sending out their numbers now. Will edit when they're out.

Please schedule a time you want to play on IRC.

LightWolf

lightwoof
But the Sword Bow Axe shit was literally your plan, you collected people for that, I was lucky to be part of it. And you were very much involved in the first game's victor as well, at least based on your points.

I will also say this game was hardly centralised by our plans, it's just that everyone else was apathetic towards it lol, they could have easily thrown together a similar plan and no one outside of those involved knew about it. Also literally you are just backstabbing everyone who supported you here, I mean who is still in the game who wasn't in the Sword Trading alliance? UTO? UTO you likely me yes, I touched you good as promised!

Either way time to flex my muscles I guess.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
shaka brah won, log below
01[18:32:35] <~zorbees> shaka brah, you are the starting player in r1, play or bet
06[18:33:08] * zorbees sets mode: +v die_Entruckung
06[18:33:12] * zorbees sets mode: +v LightWolf
[18:33:15] <+die_Entruckung> Play
01[18:33:16] <~zorbees> always forget that lol
01[18:33:20] <~zorbees> shaka, play a number
[18:33:31] <+die_Entruckung> Can you announce who's the person for each round
[18:33:35] <+die_Entruckung> Or do I gotta open the page
01[18:33:38] <~zorbees> yeah, this round is pokeguynxb
[18:33:44] <+die_Entruckung> Ok
[18:33:49] <+die_Entruckung> 5
01[18:33:54] <~zorbees> lightwolf, bet
[18:36:19] <+die_Entruckung> Roping with 1 mana EleGiggle
01[18:36:33] <~zorbees> lol
[18:37:25] <+LightWolf> All in You over
01[18:37:39] <~zorbees> pokeguynxb's number was 5, shaka has 10 chips, lw has 5
[18:37:40] <+LightWolf> I mean why not you picked 5 no lose situation
[18:37:43] <+LightWolf> boo
01[18:37:53] <~zorbees> internet's number, lightwolf do you want to bet or play
10[18:37:56] * Joins: Tanner (~chatzilla@synIRC-9FD90CD7.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
[18:37:58] <+LightWolf> play
01[18:38:02] <~zorbees> play number
[18:38:10] <+LightWolf> 3
01[18:38:17] <~zorbees> shaka, bet
[18:38:35] <+die_Entruckung> I dont bet
01[18:38:46] <~zorbees> u have to
[18:38:59] <+LightWolf> bet that 1
01[18:39:15] <~zorbees> minimum of 1 chip
[18:39:22] <+die_Entruckung> Bet 2 on Under
01[18:39:54] <~zorbees> internte's number was 3, lightwolf has 8 chips shaka has 10
[18:40:05] <+die_Entruckung> Ill play again
01[18:40:09] <~zorbees> daletterel's number
01[18:40:10] <~zorbees> ok
01[18:40:12] <~zorbees> play
[18:40:16] <+die_Entruckung> 3
[18:40:28] <+LightWolf> All in He is above
01[18:40:40] <~zorbees> daletterel played 3, shaka has 13 chips to lightwolf's 8
01[18:41:05] <~zorbees> u-turn outs number, lightwolf play or bet
[18:41:11] <+LightWolf> I will play
[18:41:18] <+LightWolf> 2
[18:41:38] <+die_Entruckung> 3 chips on over
01[18:41:49] <~zorbees> it was a draw again, 13 chips to 10 now
01[18:42:01] <~zorbees> blazade's number, shaka play or bet
[18:42:16] <+die_Entruckung> I guess play
01[18:42:47] <~zorbees> what number
[18:42:58] <+die_Entruckung> Just thinking a sec
[18:43:05] <+die_Entruckung> 3
01[18:43:21] <~zorbees> lightwolf, bet?
[18:43:24] <+LightWolf> All in above
01[18:43:45] <~zorbees> blazade's number was 4, shaka was lower, its now 16 chips to 0
[18:43:53] <+LightWolf> boo blazade lies
[18:43:58] <+LightWolf> I give up gg
01[18:44:01] <~zorbees> k
[18:44:26] <+die_Entruckung> Good game
[18:44:28] <+LightWolf> 4HEY THREAD READING THE LOGS, BLAZADE IS A LIAR
[18:44:49] <+die_Entruckung> Et tu, Blazade?
[18:44:50] <+LightWolf> 4 HE DOES NOT RESPECT TRUST BUILT UP OVER MULTIPLE GAMES

next main match will be up sometime tonight

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
This round's Main Match is called Partner Point Scales:

Each player starts the game with 6 cards, numbered one through 6.

Each round, players will pair up by posting in the thread "Pair Up with <user>". Both players must pair up with each other before playing cards. Players will earn points equal to the number that their partner played. Players may not pair with the same person in multiple rounds, and can only pair up once per round.

At the end of each round, players will be updated on their own score. In each round of paired play, there will be 1 player unable to play, who will gain 0 points. If a player who was previously not paired is unpaired again, they will gain 4 points but will not play a card.

Paired play will end at the end of 4 rounds. In the 5th round, each player will submit a card for themselves and will gain points equal to the number played. After 5 rounds, points will be subtracted equal to the numbers on the cards still unused.

After all players have played a card, there will be a veto round where players can pay 3 garnets to use a veto by posting in the thread "VETO <user>". When targeted by a veto, the previously played card is returned to the player and cannot be used that round. They will then play another card from their hand for the round. A player cannot be targeted by a veto more than once per round.

The player(s) with the most points at the end of the game will be the winner, the player(s) with the fewest points will be the elimination candidate(s). The winner(s) will also receive 5 garnets.

Timetable:

Playing Rounds 1-4: 48 hours (could reduce to 24 based on activity)
Veto rounds: 24 hours
Playing Round 5: 24 hours

Playing Round 1 will end on Sunday, 3/13, at 8 PM EST. Reminder that Daylight Savings Time moves the clocks forward an hour.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)