The Glass Cannon that's gonna make you wet! (Halfzware Shag, peaked around 1450)

At a glance

Since the beginning of BW2 I always thought Trick Room could have been the most anti-metagame strategy around. Since I was bored of the standard stuff I kept trying to build something original that could still be competitive, not achieving any significant result until a week ago, when I "discovered" Haryiama got Sheer Force. That was the beginning of a new era for me, I finally found out something to be bossy. The only problem was to give the Sumoka those serious launchpads he deserved. It would be pretty useless to list all the advantages trick room gives in a game where speedy threats are dominant, almost everyone should know how trick room works. Anyway while building my team I wanted to use TR in a different way, not using bulkier dudes like Reuniclus but preferring suicidial and violent stuff. The main intent of this Team is to have the dominance of the battle from the beginning and that's why it could afford barely everything without having any wall or defensive option. Obviousely it needs a bit of smartness to avoid opponent's threat to sweep.
It took me lot of tests to reach this definitive version (I almost tried anything that could be played into TR) but I'm gonna skip irrelevant passages.
After posting here on smogon a dude on the PO server noticed me about sheer force Conkeldurr, that's why I changed my main sweeper.
This is the first time I post a RMT on Smogon in 6-7 years of playing (mainly because I wanted to give a good first impression) so I beg you to be gentle, hope you'll enjoy it!

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd [Lvl.1]
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Endeavor
- Trick Room
- Spore
- Dragon Rage

This dude is my favorite leading option. If the opponent is lacking a taunter Smeargle pose me in a dominant position from the beginning. He is here to set the first trick room with the aim to debilitate 1 (or even 2 when lucky) of the enemy's pokemon. Lvl.1 endeavor with Spore turns him into a menace for not prepared opponents. Dragon Rage is here to kill those who's sent to absorb the endeavor, but I rarely have to use it. I considered Magic Coat to bounce back taunts, but I'm not confident with the lack of a killing option for those who stays in. Anyway he is most of the time the first launchpad to Conky, who could abuse of the remaining TR turns after his death. BRAVE!

Victini @ Flame Plate
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd) [0 Speed IVs]
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Sunny Day
- Final Gambit

Victini is the one who most of all makes the team work. This set could seem kinda gimmick but saved me so many times I would never thing to change it, lol. He is able both to sweep and to support the team properly. In fact, under the sun created by himself V-create is able to deal amazing damages to anything not immune. Here is some calculations:
V-create (sun) vs. 4/0 Latios: 96.35 - 113.24%
V-create (sun) vs. 4/252 Chansey: 109.03 - 128.5%
V-create (sun) vs. 4/252+ Chansey: 100 - 117.75%
V-create (sun) vs. 4/0 Rotom-W: 94.62 - 111.57%
V-create (sun) vs. 0/0 Dragonite (Multiscale broken): 78.01 - 91.95%
V-create (sun) vs. 0/0 Salamence: 87.91 - 103.32%
V-create (sun) vs. 248/216+ Jellicent: 55.83 - 66%

With Sunny Day and Life Gambit Victini turns into a pain in the ass for every weather team, being able to clear the sky and OHKO opponent's weather setter in a suicide to launch again Conkeldurr. With 184 speed he is also able to outspeed, out of the trick room, most defensive Tyranitars and Politoeds for the surprise kill.
Life Gambit is also useful to kill a Full health Dragonite or any other thing I could find painful in opponent's team.
He also is my best weapon against Sun Team once Dugtrio lost the sash.
Once is work sweepeing is done he prepares the field for the next pokemon. EXPLOSIVE!

Conkeldurr (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch

Once there used to be Hariyama, but then a dude on PO server noticed me that Conkeldurr did the same job slightly better. Of course I lost the coolness factor offered by the Sumokah, but the greater power made me able to deal with it. He's obviously my main sweeper and when used with the proper prediction Conky is able to destroy entire teams by himself. Life Orb + Sheer Force combined with a perfect coverage made him able to 1-2HKO most of the metagame. Here some calculation to realize how powerful this dude is:

ThunderPunch vs 252HP/252Def Slowbro (+Def): 55% - 64%.
Fire Punch vs 252HP/252Def Skarmory (+Def): 54% - 64%
Ice Punch vs 252HP/0Def Latias (Neutral): 96% - 113%
Ice Punch vs 4HP/0Def Multiscale Dragonite (Neutral): 102% - 120%
Hammer Arm vs 112HP/0Def Rotom (Neutral): 85% - 101%
Fire Punch in Sun vs 252HP/252Def Jirachi (+Def): 85% - 100%
Ice Punch vs 252HP/244Def Hippowdon (+Def): 49% - 58%

Differently from Hariyama he also didn't suffer the close combat drop, which was one of the main issues of the older version. The only issue right now might be the Hammer Arm miss rate.
He abuses of my "Kamikaze" trick roomers to join the battle full healthed and start destroying the opponent. He is also pretty happy to abuse of Victini's sun in order to OHKO with stealth rocks support Skarmory and Jirachi. I opted for this dude over other trick room sweeper (like Sheer force Rampardos) because of his bulk and the better coverage. DURR!

Bronzong @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

The third (and last) trick room setter. I needed stealth rocks, and something to absorb hits coming from Dragons, Gengar and Tornadus-T in order to turn the battle in my favorite way. Like the others he's here to launch Hariyama while taking away one of the opponents Pokemon, it's also pretty fun to kill after the burn opponent's Rotom-W. He can also turn into an effective lead when needed...there's nothing else to say about this dude. BULK!

Donphan (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Head Smash

He was the last to join this crew after lots of tests and probably no one else could have fitted in a better way. I never used CBDonphan since RSE, lol, let's see if he could be useful in BW2...He is here to remove opponent's stealth rocks that could ruin the fun of Smeargle and Victini when they're unable to lead. Donphan equipped with a choice band is able to lure and destroy any spinner in the game, even Jelly falls to his earthquake. He's also pretty happy to abuse of the Trick Room and his Head Smash (which is basically a second stab) is even more powerful than Jolly CBTerrakion's Stone Edge. Donphan is also my last bet against gay stuffs like Landorus or Tornadus in the lategame. RUDE!

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake​

What the Hell is Salamence doing in a Trick Room!? He's here because of Breloom... I hate that fucking mushroom! I needed something able to deal whit that stupid brat while keep threatening the opponent. With Lum Berry he is able to bluff a Choice set in order to kill some key pokemons in opponent's dockyard, like Heatran to let Victini sweep. I opted for Flamethrower after missing something like 5 consecutive Blasts and I'm ok with the lack of power. I rarely have to use this dude to be honest, but he can always be a decent key to open opponents defenses. With is avarage speed he's both able to abuse of trick room against speedy teams and to hit without it when facing something not that fast. He also forces stuff like Genesect to lock into ice beam leaving a new setup field for my trick roomers (Bronzong e Victini), nothing to complain about him. UNEXPECTED!

Well, that's all...Hope you'll like it, otherwise I'm gonna get sodomized by Shinycarletto ;_;
I also apologize for my bad english, but I'm a fucking pizza-eater, deal with it!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions to improve the team I consider my BW2 masterpiece (yep, I actually suck in BW2)​
Here's the ETT for those who want to try it, don't forget to change the IVs =)

Code:
Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Endeavor
- Trick Room
- Spore
- Dragon Rage

Victini @ Flame Plate
Trait: Victory Star
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Sunny Day
- Final Gambit

- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch

Bronzong @ Normal Gem
Trait: Levitate
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Donphan (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Head Smash

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

I don't really see the point of Sunny Day because it only helps your V-Creates. And anything that resists Fire and has decent bulk can take care of Victini. But oh wait, Final Gambit? Now you lost your sweeper and your opponent has sun to play with. The biggest problem I see on this team though is Choice Band Donphan. The vast majority of the time, you shouldn't use a Choice item with Rapid Spin. Being locked into Rapid Spin makes you setup bait, but that's not all! Ice Shard will deal pitiful damage to anything that isn't weak to Ice and will also get you set up on. And of course, you will get set up on once again if your opponent recognizes that you are Choiced and bring a Ground immune Poké in on Earthquake. Also you get screwed if you have to bring Salamence in under Trick Room, but that's not too abnormal of a problem

Hello Phetto nice team you have posted here, sunny day to cancel the opponents' weather is a great idea :D
My little opinion: I don't like a lot Salamence here, you can to use Dragonite, it's more bulky, more slow and have a similiar moveset. I'd use MixDragonite with Draco Meteor, Superpower, Fire Blast and Roost.

@Zacchaeus: Sunny day is amazing against weather teams actually, it's not so fun to let stuff like Tornadus abuse of his own meteo conditions... Of course CB donphan has to use the ice shard only in case of emergency, while Rocke Head is the main move to use in order not to let setup ground immunities (it has the same base power of EQ). Also random setups might be problematic only when trick room is over, otherwise i wouldn't have problems to revengekill. And I thought was "common courtesy" to pair criticism with suggestions ;)

@Alexander: Tnx for the suggestion buddy, I'm gonna try the mixnite, but I think I'm gonna cry for the lack of moxie.

A dude also noticed me that Conkeldurr has elemental punches now... It could do hariyama's job better probably, but I'm gonna lose the coolness factor :/

I've faced you on the ladder 2 times using this team, 1 I won, and 1 you won. Each time I faced it I noticed how creative it was. It is a good team I really like it. I would suggest using Rock Gem on Donphan so that you aren't locked in but still have that insane damage.

Tnx buddy, I'm gonna try it for sure =)
Added ETT for those who want to try the team.

EDIT: Currently playing Conky>Hariyama with the following set:

- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch

Bryce

Lun
Hey this is [RS]Day Dreamer.I rememeber facing this team team on the ladder.Using Trick Room very Offensively is indeed a good surprise factor.I was fucking mad when my prediction went to dust since you wouldn't switch your Salamence out.

Anyway,this is a pretty good team.I support the idea of using Salamence.Later that day I swept a TR team 6-0 with Breloom.Having choiced your Rapid Spinner is not a good thing imo.You can change it to life orb or use a Gem like wrestlethebest suggested.Final Gambit is sort of odd on your victini.Since you'll be losing some of health from setting up and you dont have any coverage moves.I would recommend using Brick Break over Final Gambit on Victini.Brick Break enables you to hit Heatran who is immune to fire and lets you hit Ttar.TTar will be a switching in often since you have no auto-weather starter to take the V-creates.Finally,I suggest you switch Salamence's nature to Naive so you can outspeed Expert Belt and unboosted timid RP Genesect .

Hope I helped.

Victini's set is to useful to be changed imo. I'm currently using naive mence and I have to say that saved me twice against unscarfed Gene, I' gonna keep it, thanks for the idea. About donphan instead i still don't know if trying the rock or the ground Gem, but I'll test both.

Hey, man. I remember facing you on the ladder a couple of times, I'm loving the team! I don't have any qualms with the team, but I am curious as to how you handle OTR Reuniclus. He "outspeeds" your entire team under TR and OHKOs Conkeldurr and Salamence after SR damage and nets a solid 2HKO on the rest of the team (only thing that can OHKO is V-Create under Sun or attempt an Explosion from Bronzong, but it won't KO a Reuniclus at full health).

yep, reuniclus it's kinda pain in the ass, most of the time I try to handle that dude just like you said, but thank god explosion from Bronzong is a OHKO

Well, I suppose Reuniclus is a thorn for most TR teams, lol. I'd recommend Sableye for your Reuni problem, but I don't really see too much room for him. I suppose he could replace 'Mence for a Breloom check and shut him down with Taunt/WoW, but he won't be doing much offensively. Just something to consider in case Reuniclus starts giving you headaches.

Luvdisc'd, good luck with the team!

Tnx for the luvdisc buddy ;)
I also added current version on the first post, and my current position in Ladder (just to be bully, lol)
EDIT: Added some Conkeldurr calculation against commons bulky stuff

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This is a really innovative mean. I like it a lot,

Have you considered Tornadus-T over Salamence? It handles breloom just as well, but it can abuse the sun much more effectively with Heat Wave. You can also make it a bulkier pokemon so that you can abuse regenerator and your trick room more efficiently.

Tornadus (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Taunt / U-turn

HP is for Regenerator, Max Spatk, and Speed is to ensure that Jolly Mamoswine is forced to go for Ice Shard outside of Trick Room or be destroyed by Grass Knot. You could also try leftovers and put Sleeptalk in the last slot.

Hopefully I helped and good luck!

This is a really innovative mean. I like it a lot,

Have you considered Tornadus-T over Salamence? It handles breloom just as well, but it can abuse the sun much more effectively with Heat Wave. You can also make it a bulkier pokemon so that you can abuse regenerator and your trick room more efficiently.

Tornadus (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 24 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Taunt / U-turn

HP is for Regenerator, Max Spatk, and Speed is to ensure that Jolly Mamoswine is forced to go for Ice Shard outside of Trick Room or be destroyed by Grass Knot. You could also try leftovers and put Sleeptalk in the last slot.

Hopefully I helped and good luck!
Lol, sounds weird but it could actually work °° I'm gonna try it for sure, tnx man :D

EDIT: Actually tried, it's cooler in many situazion but it leaves me too weak to heatran, I'll go for salamence again =/ Anyway, thanks for the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)