The Haunted Light Fixture of Doom

The Haunted Light Fixture of Doom

Hello. I am a learning player in the Pokemon competitive scene. I have made a decent OU team based on establishing a sweep with Kyurem-B, and I wanted to create a variation of that team in UU, only this time using Chandelure as my sweeper. In the Kyurem team, I would pass a +2 speed boost to Choice Band Kyurem-B and sweep. However, once the boost was established, Kyurem would have a hard time switching in safely after the Pass, and I couldn't count on the other team to switch when I wanted them to. So I changed Kyurem to a Choice Scarf user and had my Passer (which is Gliscor, at the moment) pass Swords Dance for power.

In this UU variation, a Nasty Plot is passed to a waiting CScarf Chandelure. Here is the team at a glance:

Team overview:

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
Careful (+SpD, -SpA), 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~Rapid Spin
~Toxic
~Close Combat
~Sucker Punch
Since Chandelure is vulnerable to all kinds of hazards, proper Spin support is necessary. I chose Hitmontop over Blastoise due to its ability to be offensive when needed and cripple physical attackers with Intimidate and Toxic. Sucker Punch gets rid of most spinblockers (other than Cofagrigus, unfortunately). The spread patches up Hitmontop's physical defense since its Special Defense is good without investment, but the SpD boosting nature makes sure it's not totally uninvested. With the EVs and unedited IVs, Hitmontop has 304 HP, 289 Def, 281 SpD, while 4 Speed EVs help it outspeed some slower checks.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA) 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Close Combat
~Megahorn
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
Herracross is here to counter some of Chandelure's threats, namely special walls, Rock-types and faster foes. Herracross is also used to weaken teams so Chandelure can finish them off. The moveset here ensures it hits almost everything in UU. I have Herracross a Jolly nature so it can outpace faster threats. I wonder if I will need Night Slash > Earthquake to handle Ghost-types, though the ability to KO Raikou and Darmanitan is helpful enough.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
Calm (+SpD, -Atk) 252 HP / 108 Def / 144 SpD / 4 Spe
~Will-O-Wisp
~Taunt
~Recover
~Detect
Sableye handles priority users and cripples physical hitters with WOW. I gave it Detect to rack up damage and to scout out the other Pokemon's attacks. The distribution in defenses make sure Sableye can take a hit in any possible way. The 4 Speed EVs make sure it outruns other Sableye who don't invest in Speed. If necessary, Toxic > WOW if the damage output is more important than reducing the Attack of physical hitters.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful (+SpD, -SpA) 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
~Stealth Rock
~Thunder Wave
~Seismic Toss
~Shadow Claw
Registeel is my defender who is used to slow down fast Pokemon with Thunder Wave. Slowing down opposing Scarf users or incredibly fast threats like Crobat and Aerodactyl is important as Chandelure is not likely to take a hit from most things that outpace it. Stealth Rocks help ensure most hits are OHKOs after the damage buildup. Seismic Toss and Shadow Claw ensure Registeel is not complete Taunt bait. Registeel's EVs ensure that it can take a hit from any side of its defense. It has 364 HP / 363 Def / 410 SpD Even with the coverage, Shadow Claw does not seem worthwhile, so maybe Toxic is more useful.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Timid (+Spe, -Atk) 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
~Air Slash
~Nasty Plot
~Baton Pass
~Roost
After Togekiss passes a Nasty Plot to Chandelure, there is almost nothing in UU that can survive a OHKO, even without Stealth Rock. The EVs ensure Togekiss has enough speed and bulk to pull this off. I want to know if I should go with Aura Sphere > Roost for coverage in case Togekiss needs to fight off something, or if I should scrap Togekiss entirely and replace it with a Defensive Baton Pass Mew.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid (+Spe, -Atk) 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Fire Blast
~Shadow Ball
~Hidden Power Fighting
~Trick
Chandelure is the main Pokemon of my team. It's equipped with a Choice Scarf so that it can outspeed almost everything and it can come in more safely with a +2 Special boost than if it were equipped with a Choice Specs and a +2 Speed boost. The coverage is rather generic, with Trick to cripple a wall. With a Timid nature, Chandelure has 388 Special Attack (unboosted) and 283 (425 Scarf) Speed. I want to ask the opinion of someone else on using Modest > Timid on Chandelure, as its Special Attack reaches a beastly 426 (unboosted) at the expense of reducing its Speed to 258 (387 Scarf). I also want input on whether I should use Energy Ball > Trick to hammer Bulky Water-types more easily, but I haven't seen any during my testing, and they usually take a fair bit of damage from Shadow Ball anyway.​

Picture source: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maszb1InD41rp9551o1_500.jpg

Conclusion:

If you notice a major weak spot I don't, please don't hesitate to bring it up as well as include a solution. I would appreciate it if your rates would address the items expressed in bold. Thanks for taking your time to view this RMT and rating it.

Final Glance:​

Importable:
Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Spd / 144 Def
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Shadow Claw

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 SDef / 252 HP / 108 Def / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Detect

Hey there I like the use of Heracross and Chandelure core as they cover each others threat nicely. I'd recommend to run a specs chandelure instead because you already have another scarfer. Hitmontop should have a impish nature instead because it's better off being a fully defensive wall instead of mixed. For Togekiss I'd would try out a defensive nasty plot set instead of a baton passing set, trust me chandelure doesn't need the nasty plot boost as it hits like a truck with specs. Registeel should run max Special defence and try out earthquake over shadow claw because CM Raikou can be a threat to your team if Heracross is gone. Finally Sabeyle should run 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef and Foul play because it looks like Darmanitan can be a threat to your team and if it trys to switch in on a will-o-wisp it can be ohko after SR.
tl;dr
Chandelure @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SAtk / 128 Spd / 8 SDef / 120 HP
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball / Trick
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Hitmontop impish>careful

Registeel 252 SDef>148 SDef
Earthquake>shadow claw

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Heal Bell / Aurasphere

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover
- Foul Play

GL I hope I helped.

I am now expert since I just got back into it and recently have been battling but on the Topic of yoru Heracross. I Think either way you are fine. Most Darmanitans have this thing with Flare Blitz and choice scarf so you can always switch into your Chandelure with flash fire to stop it and force there switch. If you keep Earthquake the more power to you because even still the Only ones I encounter are Dusclops, Sableye, Chandelure. 2 who try and wisp which can again be stopped by you flash fire. Do not know if this helps you in the Decision Making Process but I hope it helps!! If you ever want to battle let me know always up for a good fight!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)