The Issue With the Metagame

Introduction
This team was made largely in part of the sheer brokenness of the current metagame. The cookie cutter team was simple: Mega Lucario, Talonflame, Genesect, Rotom-W, Aegislash, and a defogger. In this case, Mandibuzz was chosen to be able to effectively deal with Aegislash. I personally believe teams like these are what defines the issue with Genesect and Mega Lucario- they simply have almost no counters when used correctly. The few things that do threaten either of them are easily taken out by something else that also has very little counters, such as each other, Aegislash, or Talonflame. These four work so perfectly together as a core it's almost impossible to never have a fighting chance in a game. With Lucarionite and Genesect bans on the horizon, this team has never had a better time to be posted. Without further adieu, I present to you the Issue With the Metagame.
The Team

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed

I don't think I need to explain to anyone the sheer power of this thing. Everyone is too scared to burn it, it's a wasted turn if it's special lucario. No one wants to switch out on it, it'll just set up on you then. No one wants to take a hit from it, you'll probably be OHKO'd. Extremespeed prevents it from being revenge killed, and Close Combat and Crunch give it almost flawless coverage. Jolly allows it to outspeed all base 110's, and justified is used in situations where someone is obviously using a dark move on Aegislash so I can get a quick boost off of it and possibly get to +3.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Talonflame does what Talonflames do best- spam Brave Bird until you lure out the rock type or Rotom forme. Then all you do is switch out to anything that can nail it for enough damage. Talonflame is usually my mid game cleaner to help remove some fighting types that threaten Mega Lucario. Steel Wing is there because it can pick off unsuspecting rock types once they get around 75%.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Flash Cannon

Pretty standard set here, people for some reason think he's still a physical attacker so they shoot off WoW's at him so he is somewhat of a status absorber for the rest of the team. Extremely easy to use in mind games, and his Shadow Ball's are way too powerful, and only resisted by one type, which is covered by Mega Luke and Sacred Sword (if he isn't burned). Flash Cannon allows him to hit Rock Types when burned that think they can EQuake him and also is a decent check to fairies.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

This thing is the biggest balancing act to 6th gen. This thing is one of the few reasons the current metagame is still bearable. This thing is the definition of a wall. It is almost never 2hko'd and when it is Genesect usually has an easy time coming in and destroying whatever it is that killed it. It has insane utility, with Overcoat blocking powder moves and leaving it a reliable check to weather, while also boasting Defog, Knock Off, and Foul Play. Foul Play allows it to deal with set-up sweepers on the other team, while Knock Off pretty much ruins half of the relevant threats in the metagame from effectively running their sets. Dark/Flying also gives it a perfect typing to stop all Aegislash. Lati@s also otherwise gives this team trouble.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

It's a complete joke that anyone could ever think something can slow Genesect down. It's way too fast and powerful, and people always throw out Heatran first in an attempt to stop it. So, I throw Genesect out first, U-Turn, throw in Rotom-W, and immediately ruin all of their plans. Even if he's forcing Heatran in, he forced something else out, and that's his job. He never fails to do his job, ever. When Heatran is gone, he also becomes a very good late game sweeper, but still very useful early and mid game at picking off threats I don't want.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Obligatory Talonflame and Bulky Water counter. Also helps deal with fire types that would otherwise threaten the team. Helps to spread burns to cripple opposing threats. Max defensive bulk is used to survive hits from Mega Lucario and such that otherwise assume they can OHKO me. 240 HP EVs put it at 301 Health so I can run 16 speed to outspeed other Rotom Formes. Pain Split also helps weaken threats that otherwise think they can easily 2HKO me.
Closing Statement
Generally, when I make a team, it's in hope of showing an underrated threat or such that can deal with the current metagame at hand. This team is the exact opposite, this team is me trying to do my little part to show everyone how exactly unbalanced the metagame is right now. While the main core is of four mons, I would argue this core is similar to the Landorus-I/Keldeo/Tyranitar core that existed during Mid-BW2 OU. It is easy to play with so long as you have half a mind and almost always can you put up a sweep by one of the users. While there is no Pursuit trapper to force a KO, I think you get the idea. When voting comes around, I strongly recommend everyone to vote to ban Lucarionite and Genesect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)