1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The LC Open I - Round 4

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by Aerrow, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude more dogebird
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

blarajan is gonna win two grandslams "Best damn LC player in this tourney."
  2. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

Aerrow I swear you fucking HALVED your previous deadlines wtf

Malekith and I will need a short extension lol
  3. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

I won 2-0 Nelson in some close and clean games.

ggs . . .
  4. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Missed my opponent yesterday; hopefully will get this done today.
  5. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I have no idea where kokoloko was at the time we have set, it's been almost 3 hours now...
  6. Wild Eep

Wild Eep pet pet pet
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Indeed, these posts are super nice.
  7. kokoloko

kokoloko &McMeghan: chef koko seasoning his games with some salt
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

Yeah I got called in to work; sorry.

I can't do it Sunday either, though, so an extension through Monday would be nice.
  8. MAlkaviano

MAlkaviano

you asked me to play on the weekend, tomorrow I'll be online all day waiting for you
  9. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

10. MAlkaviano

MAlkaviano

I won 2-0, gg
  11. senegal

senegal

won 2-1 in three ggs
  12. Annoyer

Annoyer =)~

lost 2-1, came down to a speedtie in the third game
    ggs
  13. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Extending the deadline until tomorrow evening since everyone who still has to play says they only need one more day to get their games done ...
  14. Lavos Spawn

Lavos Spawn
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

uh actually I requested an extension till next weekend cuz my opp will be inactive until then...
  15. Amarillo

Amarillo
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Clarifying: from today I am able to batalhar user: Lavos Spawn. You're being somewhat misleading in your post...

Only time i was gonna be inactive was the last weekend. I'm basically free all of today past 2pm if you wish.
  16. kokoloko

kokoloko &McMeghan: chef koko seasoning his games with some salt
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

10:00 kokoloko !seen furai
    10:00 Q furai was last seen here 17 hours, 9 minutes ago.
    10:00 ChanStat Furai (furai@last.hope) was last seen quitting for "Quit: GOOD NIGHT AND FREE FURAI " on Sun October 14 20:50:45 2012 UTC (17 hours, 9 minutes, 12 seconds ago)

fuk. we might actually need that extension despite the postponed deadline.

i'll still try to get this done today but i have stuff i need to do in about an hour and wont be here tomorrow (during the time he's here anyway).

sry
  17. Django

Django
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

lost to Heist in 2. ggs
  18. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

won 2-0 ggs man
  19. blarajan

is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

Beat Malekith 2-0 ggs.
  20. Malekith

Malekith
    is a Community Contributoris a SPL Winner

It should appear a list where we can see banned things, because PO and Smogon have different tiers in LC. And due to that I had to battle with improvised things because blarajan told me that I had a banned ability. ( Hustle Rufflet )

ggs
  21. blarajan

Little Cup Leader

PO is just fucked up in that regard; Hustle Rufflet isn't banned, it's unreleased. All the Wargle were Male only and the ability Hustle could not be passed down to Rufflet.

If it means anything, apparently LCers keep abusing that in POCL even when told it's not legal.

edit: If you're using Hustle Rufflet for this, change it.
  22. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

As much as I hate to agree with blarajan he's correct here. Same [obviously] goes for all other male-only/genderless Pokemon (Magnemite, Nidoran-M, idk I can't think of other examples, etc)
  23. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Lavos Spawn vs Amarillo and Furai vs kokoloko are getting a short extension; if they don't manage to complete their games within the allocated time period, I'll just flip a coin.

Round 5 should be up momentarily.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)