The Legend of Korra (Spoilers ITT)

The series is alright so far. I cant say its as good as Avatar: The Last Airbender. Perhaps researching the lore a bit more will get more enthused.
Remember, we are in the 4th episode of the 1st season. I'm pretty sure you weren't that enthused at this point in the last airbender. The 1st season was really kiddy.

Allegedly this will be the only season, though I really can't see Nick not extending it unless they're idiots, as it's likely a huge moneymaker/ratings draw.

Allegedly this will be the only season, though I really can't see Nick not extending it unless they're idiots, as it's likely a huge moneymaker/ratings draw.
It's already confirmed for 2 seasons. Season 1 is 12 episodes and 2 is 14. Apparently the second season is already being animated.

It's already confirmed for 2 seasons. Season 1 is 12 episodes and 2 is 14. Apparently the second season is already being animated.
No, season 1 was only planned for 12 episodes originally, but it got extended by 14 to 26 from what I read due to all the fan interest and support, so eh, semantics on if you want to see it as an added season or lengthening of just one. Consider all of TLA seasons lasted 20 episodes each (except the final, which came in at 21). Regardless, more Avatar = good.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I still think Amon is faking it, I'm sorry but that explanation was bullshit. She challenged him, he was entirely in his right to take her bending. If anything he is saving her for the end were it won't matter if he can or can't take away bending for real.

I sensed no wrong doing in the new chick, I hope she becomes part of the team actually, I don't want to wait until season 2 to break this sausage fest.

I also sympathize with the equalists, chi blocking should not be illegal.

BTW: if Korra really did have her bending taken away, what would happen? Would the avatar lineage be lost, would it remain dormant in her, or would a new avatar be born?
If he were to take away her bending, (the AVATAR mind you) next to everybody in the world would be after him. His explanation was entirely valid; she'd be a martyr, and the whole world would be dedicated to crushing him and resistance.

I'm pretty sure he's the real deal since there's a decent gap between episode 3 and 4 and those triad members (presumably) still can't bend.

any word yet if season 2 will start shortly after season 1 ends? hopefully we won't have to wait until next april for it. with TLA it wasn't a huge deal since there were way more episodes each season and so many breaks in each season that by the time one ended, the next one started like 3 months later.

i will cry if this wraps up in june and that's it until next year

Holy shit I just watched those and ohmygosh Korra. Seriously having one of those moments when I feel sad and alone because I can't meet a female cartoon character in real life (please don't judge me).

I gotta work next Saturday morning, so could anybody tell me if/when they re-air new episodes? Or5, if necessary, how long it takes for new episodes to be put online and where I can see 'em (can't download 'em quite yet, unfortunately. At least, not through Torrents... )

Thanks.

Fuck I'm so pumped for the pro-bending episode this week ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

also watchcartoononline has the best streaming quality besides nick.com itself imo

I still don't care for pro bending much, all the epic TLA fight scenes have spoiled me. Everything shown so far in pro bending is a snoozefest to me, especially with the number of restrictions it has.

I still think Amon is faking it, I'm sorry but that explanation was bullshit. She challenged him, he was entirely in his right to take her bending. If anything he is saving her for the end were it won't matter if he can or can't take away bending for real.

I sensed no wrong doing in the new chick, I hope she becomes part of the team actually, I don't want to wait until season 2 to break this sausage fest.

I also sympathize with the equalists, chi blocking should not be illegal.

BTW: if Korra really did have her bending taken away, what would happen? Would the avatar lineage be lost, would it remain dormant in her, or would a new avatar be born?
Korra has the potential to stop Amon if left unchecked, but Amon is right-kill her or chakra block (i.e. Amon's "permanent chi-block" move) her, she's still a martyr. In the former case, it just means a new Avatar somewhere else, along with a bunch of angry benders AND non-benders going batshit insane on the Equalists. In the latter case, it means anti-Equalist sentiment has a massive voicebox in Korra...benders and non-benders STILL go insane at the sight of the Avatar insulted as such...and it doesn't do anything to stop a new bending avatar from appearing once Korra dies. Who knows? Amon might even be anticipating that it would spark a heavy desire to find a way to reverse his methods should the Avatar herself lose her bending permanently.

tl;dr: Ninja'd by Straw Hat Luffy.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just watched the first 4 episodes today and

Oh, did anyone else catch that in the beginning, the little girl asks Katara about Zuko's mom? ZOMG I really wanna know, that was the biggest plothole that carried over from AtLAB. I wanna know! I wanna know!

Here's a leaked (??) clip from the next episode: supposedly should be up on nick.com shortly. Hopefully the episode leaks again :x I'll probably catch it if it does since i'm on top of the korra stuff

http://inspredwood.tumblr.com/post/22211078430/for-those-with-region-locks-here-is-the-new-korra

I know we're only 4 episodes in so far (which is actually 33% through :o) but what good is discussion if we wait till the end of the season when everything is 20/20 hindsight? :p

Anyway, I think Mako and Bolin are kind of crappy friends so far, Mako a little moreso. Bolin at least thanked Korra for literally saving his bending. She actually stuck her neck out far for them in episode 3 and the situation would have ended horribly if she didn't go along with Mako. Granted, it was his plan but it would not have been possible without Korra. Not to mention she saves them from the lieutenant at the end.

1) They don't even seem to notice Korra isn't her usual cocky and lively self at her gala and just look kind of confused when she gets coerced into joining the task force. She really is alone in this episode, which I suppose was the point.

2) They don't try and stop her from challenging Amon to the duel. There's no way they couldn't have known what she was going to do since she challenged Amon in front of at least a dozen reporters. I doubt they would have been able to talk her out of it but it's the thought that counts?

3) Understandably, they're very focused on the tournament since winning could make their lives significantly better. But then in that clip Korra has to go and save their asses even though she's the rookie and got her asses practically handed to her in pro-bending two episodes ago. I really can't think of a legitimate context for that clip for why they sucked so much other than they already thought they had no chance. I guess this kind of irritates me since she's doing everything herself

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
at first i was like "wow fuck these guys attitude, what a shitty mood" but it seems theres some stress and angst between them when they seem to be talkin about somethin else in the elevator?

"girls..."
"seriously."

Personally, I think the 3rd episode was WAY too soon to establish Mako as the love interest. I mean, didn't Korra hate him in the previous episode? At least they made things more complicated with the whole Sato girl thing, I hope that keeps up for a while.

Personally, I think the 3rd episode was WAY too soon to establish Mako as the love interest. I mean, didn't Korra hate him in the previous episode? At least they made things more complicated with the whole Sato girl thing, I hope that keeps up for a while.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Katara was established top be Aang's love interest from episode one. Mako being shown to be Korra's love interest early on is fine imo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Katara was established top be Aang's love interest from episode one. Mako being shown to be Korra's love interest early on is fine imo.
True, but it's a different situation with Korra and Mako. They played the "love at first sight" angle with Aang and Katara, but Korra and Mako didn't even like each other at first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)