The Little team without a Name~

Hello fellow LCers. If you don't play LC then you probably should because its pretty damn awesome. Anyways, I've decided to post a new team I've been playing around with for a little while. The team itself is rather simple, nothing particularly stands out, there are no interesting strategies going on. Its just a bunch of solid pokes forming what has so far been a very powerful team. Anyways, without further ado, here is... the team.

Chip (Pawniard) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 196 Spd / 36 Def / 36 SDef / 236 Atk
Adamant Nature

- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Substitute

Ahhh pawniard, you may have been rather mediocre in your debut generation but what can't you do this time around. The set itself is rather self explanitory, sucker punch knock off and iron head are all pretty much required on your average pawniard as they all do sooo so much. I find I prefer substitute over swords dance in the final spot as a lot of pawniards counters really don't care if you go to +2 while they switch in, and the status protection is handy. I've played around a little bit with both berry juice and life orb as the item, and I've found I just much prefer the extra power life orb provides. There has been the odd occasion where berry juice would have saved my hide, but they've been much fewer and far between.

ɔ(⊙)c (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 SAtk / 236 Spd
Timid Nature

- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This set is as standard as they come but I love it just the same. magnemite is probably my favourite pokemon this generation. Its sheer power, the ability to build a bunch of momentum with volt switch, the "3 lives" it gains with sturdy juice, that cute little design... its all perfect. Magnemite is also the first of my volt-turn core I got going on in this geam, and is certainly good at doing it. And... thats it really, you know what he does, and he does it well end of story.

ಠ_ಠ (Gligar) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature

- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn

And here he is, probably the current king of LC (what with tangla and yanma finally gone) Gligar. Another pretty standard set up but he is probably the glue that holds this team together so well. He provides momentum with U-turn, he hits hard with his nearly unresisted stabs, and of course he has defog. Despite stealth rocks being a bit more rare than anyone would have expected this generation, with both a sturdy abuser and a larvesta, defog is almost manditory. I've considered running rocks of my own multiple times, as destroing sturdy really would help, but I just cannot find it within myself to part with a single move. He just does his job so so well. I've actually tried running itemless gligar for a while, and while it helps against the likes of mienfoo, timburr and meditite, it really cuts down on gligars switching in capabilities against a lot of other pokes.

Flash Fire (Larvesta) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 196 Spd / 76 Def
Adamant Nature

- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Wild Charge
- Will-O-Wisp

I'm going to say it right now, Larvesta is the best choice scarf abuser in the damn tier (ok maybe chinchou). I like to lead with this guy a lot as the ability to scout their lead with a very fast stab u-turn is extremely powerful. So for the majority of the game, this guy basically plays scout, switching in on things it can scare away, and u-turning to something that can deal with whatever they switch in. Eventually, once their team has been sufficiently weakend, flare blitz spam becomes the option as not a whole lot can really tank a stab 120 BP move coming off a stunning 19 attack. Will-o-Wisp is mostly there for filler but it still functions suprisingly well even on a choice scarf mon. Pokemon that my team has trouble switching into like gligar or murkrow suddenly hit a lot less hard when they're burnt, and the suprise value can really throw your opponents off.

Tiny Tim (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 156 HP / 156 Def / 196 Atk
Adamant Nature

- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

I may have said earlier that magnemite is my favourite current pokemon. Well that may have been a stone cold lie because timburr has yet to disapoint me. This set may be a very generic 4 attacks go kind of set, but tiny tim here has single handedly won me games that I had no business winning. A lot of people seem to prefer meinfoo, and I can sort of see why but in my books this guy is leagues ahead of that silly looking fox. His ability to absorb burn and paralyze, the way he stops opposing pawniard and carvahna, the fact that he actually beats gligar a large portion of the time... Timburr will forever live on in my heart as one of my favourite LC pokemon. TL;DR, boring set, but I like it all the same

Mo' Foo than you (Foongus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 80 SAtk / 76 SDef / 116 HP / 236 Def
Bold Nature

- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I ran a trick/specs missy (Mrs. Dreavus) in this spot for a long time, and I loved it to pieces, but in the end I realized that it didn't fit on my team. I had been having a lot of trouble with scarf chinchou, and so I figured I needed an answer. With tangela out of the picture now, foongus seemed like the obvious answer and so far I must say I have been impressed. The set is again very simple, but effective. Spore takes care of one particular problem, and the rest of the moves just dish out a respectable ammount of damage. I opted for sludgebomb over clear smog, as the damage really does matter, and I find the only thing that can really set up in Foongus's face is missy which I feel like I have enough answers for. In any event, its only been on my team for a short while, so I'm looking to see if there might be something better than HP fire in the final spot. Still, hes a resiliant little bugger, and his addition has made my team one of the most swirlix proof teams ever seen.

Anyways, that the team I guess. Its not the biggest or brightest but it has been consistantly turning out results for me. Its a bit of an aggressive team built mostly around momentum abuse, and thats just how I like to play. Anyways, any comments or suggestions for changes are much appreciated. I think the team is still a little rough around the edges but overall have had a lot of fun playing with it. Thanks for reading~​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)