The Mix-and-Match Team. Complete Coverage

Hey guys I am new to this forum and want to get this team rated. I created this team for the purpose of OU Single Battles and light tournaments. I would like to keep this singles and so on.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk | -Atk)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk | 252 Spe | 4 HP
-Heat Wave
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Trick

Chandelure mostly takes the job of defensive switch-ins and others. Being Scarfed and having 252 EVs in Speed gives Chandelure the advantages it needs. Heat Wave and Shadow Ball for STAB and Energy Ball for Coverage. Energy Ball while Scarfed takes out the unsuspecting Swampert. Trick is for crippling Pokemon into something like a stat raiser or resisted move.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid (+Spe | -Atk)
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spe | 252 Sp.Atk | 4 HP
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Starmie takes the role of the Special Sweeper. Extra speed usually let's it out speed other Starmie. Hydro Pump is for STAB and extra power. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for coverage. Recover to heal off the Life Orb Damage. The massive move pool is really great.

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Nature: Careful (+Sp.Def | -Sp.Atk)
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 Sp.Def | 172 Atk | 8 Def | 156 HP
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

Forretress is the hazard-set of the team. This set is pretty much standard suicide lead. Unless you can predict something else to lead that you can OHKO, this is your lead. Since most people try to OHKO him with Fire I have the Sturdy\Custap combo to counter. Basically you set you hazards; Sturdy; Custap Berry Explosion. That is what the extra attack EVs are for.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk | -Sp.Atk)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spe | 252 Atk | 4 HP
-Bullet Punch -Swords Dance
-U-Turn
-Superpower

Scizor is a great revenge killer as well as a fast sweeper. If someone gets knocked out when they are close to a KO that is where Scizor comes in. Bullet Punch for killing and STAB. Swords Dance for set-up. U-Turn for coverage and switch. And Superpower for coverage. I like to bait Scizor for a fire move then switch into Chandelure for Flash Fire.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant (+Atk | -Sp. Atk)
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 156 HP | 100 Atk | 152 Def | 100 Sp.Def
-Body Slam
-Fire Punch
-Curse
-Crunch

Snorlax is a beast when it comes to taking hits and hitting back harder. Body Slam is for STAB and paralysis. Fire Punch for Coverage. Curse for setting up. And Crunch for Gengar. This monster is sure to do lots of damage.

Luxray @ Electric Gem
Nature: Adamant (+Atk |- Sp.Atk)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spe | 252 Atk | 4 HP
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Wild Charge
-Superpower

Luxray serves as an attacker mostly. I also use it as surprises for the likes of Gengar and others. Crunch for coverage. Ice Fang for Coverage. Wild Charge for STAB. Superpower for Coverage also.

That is an in-depth look at my team. It struggles with teams that are proven with pokemon like Hydreigon, Tyranitar and Heatran. It really depends on weather you get a good start or not. Please Rate This team. All advice helps. Thanks. Good Luck

If you have Choice Band on Scizor, there isn't a reason to use Swords Dance. I'd suggest either running a Life Orb/Lum Berry with Swords Dance, or if you keep the Choice Band, use instead of Swords Dance, Pursuit for Pursuit Trapping the likes of Celebi, Jellicent, and Gengar, or Quick Attack for extra priority coverage that Bullet Punch might not allow. Although I don't see much of a use running Quick Attack, so I'd say go with Pursuit instead.

And if you do invest in a Choice Band with 4 attacks, I'd suggest 252 HP and 4 SpDef over 252 Spe and 4 HP, as Scizor is not even close to the fastest Pokemon around, and will enjoy more bulk over more speed, as his main move Bullet Punch, goes first anyway thanks to priority

Also for Chandelure, instead of Heat Wave, I'd suggest Fire Blast or Flamethrower. On a sweeper, generally you want to have a move that hits the hardest, even though it might not be the most accurate, and Fire Blast is definitely the best option. Still, if you have the 85% accuracy, Flamethrower is still a better option than Heat Wave.

As for Forretress, generally Explosion is not worth it in this generation, as the power for it was severely cut due to game mechanics.

If you want to run a Custap suicide lead, generally Skarmory is a better option.

The standard Custap Skarm set goes something like this:

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Def w/ Jolly Nature
Ability: Sturdy
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Brave Bird
Taunt

Skarmory doesn't get Explosion yes, but he's probably better as a Custap Lead than Forretress.

And if you do decide to switch out Forretress for Skarmory, I'd suggest Rapid Spin on Starmie instead of Recover, as Starmie when offensive, isn't the bulkiest Pokemon ever, and therefore won't find many opportunities to use Recover unless it's the bulky set.

As for Luxray, may I suggest Thunderus-T or even Jolteon instead? They just outclass Luxray completely in the job of being an all out attacker, even though they hit on the special side instead of the physical side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)