Tournament The Mix & Mega Open [Round 3]

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Previous Round
Welcome to the Mix & Mega Open!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • OM Grand Slam III information can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Mix & Mega ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Replays must be provided to us (you can edit them out of your posts).
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Posting Etiquette:
  • Activity: Post in this thread with proof of contact or discussion either via screenshot or links to the posts
  • Concession: If your opponent gives you the win, post here saying so, again with screenshot or links to proof
  • Extensions: Post an official request for an extension here with proof as mentioned above of attempts to schedule, and confirmation that both sides accepted an extension
  • Replays: Post any and all replays in your result post (or provide them to us in pm's) (you can edit them out of your posts later on if you wish). If you had to play 3 games, post all of them, not just the wins.
Failure to do any of the above by the designated deadline will lead to us deciding the result via coinflip as per our discretion. This policy will be strictly enforced for this and all following rounds. Post in the thread; it's not hard.

Round 3:
Deadline: Sunday 2/11 11:59pm EST (UTC -5)

Thank you to h_n_g_m_n for contributing the artwork for this tournament!

If you feel there are any errors, post here or on my wall.

Last edited:
Predicts:
Vhayle vs. Zorro349 - Vhayle is probably one of the most influential players in Mix and Mega due to his creativity and variety in teambuilding, noticeably playing more bulky styles but still a fantastic player none-the-less.
EternalSnowman vs. Quantum Tesseract - Unsure on this one. Heard good things from EternalSnowman - expect this to be a highlight match.
Isotonex vs. Bluxio - No questions asked, Fardin will probably end up reaching finals at least. I don't expect him to let up here.
xavgb vs. DarkAngeallenq.q - Will boomspam his way through open.
Racool vs. Akashi - Also unsure on this one - Racool is a very good player in all metas but Akashi won last open so I honestly think this is another highlight match.
Official Fissure vs. Mark_K - Highlight match #3. Official Fissure might be another good all rounder but Mark K plays MnM and very well, too. Considering how unpredictable both can be, I've let internal bias win this one. Go Mark K - I'll be sad if you don't fight me in open!
Laxpras vs. Level 51 - Never seen Level 51 play MnM... don't think they're prepared enough for Laxpras. If Laxpras doesn't bring questionable mons he should be fine
Catalystic vs. Jrdn - Will single-handedly win open, most likely. Even if both players are very good, I think Jrdn sits far above the rest of the people here.
Go0d vs. Cloud9 NxtLvl - Seen Go0d play on the ladder a few times but I'm clueless on the other opponent, so I'm rooting for who I know
Moosical vs. iMox
tokyovania vs. Hassin627 - Strangers to me - anything to play for in these matchups!

Last edited:
Oh hell no I don't get activity in my situation. I clearly state I couldn't play during the initial time, with a good heads up. Then, he dodges the next two, which I was online for. Please Flint, I would love to hear the logic behind your decision

Edit: is the reasoning for coinflip that neither of us posted an activity call or extension?

I just think that any host should be able to call something like that on their own, but if it still means anything at this point Mark said he would play if we were given extension. I fell asleep with my comp on so he was able to PM me on stours but I could not respond as I was asleep. https://prnt.sc/iakp1b

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just think that any host should be able to call something like that on their own, but if it still means anything at this point Mark said he would play if we were given extension. I fell asleep with my comp on so he was able to PM me on stours but I could not respond as I was asleep. https://prnt.sc/iakp1b
I don’t really understand what you mean by “calling something on [my] own” when that is exactly what happened.. I checked your profiles where you discussed scheduling and that you were online, after which there was no mention of any outcome mentioned either way, nor did you nor your opponent once post this information, anything in the thread, nor any request of any kind anywhere yesterday.. I’m not sure how, when the Open lasts for a week, the best time you find to post this information is fifteen hours after the deadline. This is also after everything was made explicitly clear in the OP.

Reactions: Ren

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)