The Most Embarassing Battle of my Life...

Yea…. They’re probably going to lock this because it’s not a human opponent. Meh… anyway this is kind of a real mini-warstory and could go in the horrible luck thread. I just wanted to practice storytelling really, and this one is just TOO FUCKING PATHETIC not to have some sort of thread!

I always wanted to be like a gym leader and specialize in one type of pokemon. Since water is my favorite and they pwn, I wanted to see how far I could go using a mono-type team. I am currently in the 30ish range, but this story was at battle 16 in a previous attempt and literally left my jaw on the floor

My team:

Computer’s team:

Go! Poseidon! (Gyarados)
Poseidon’s Intimidate cuts foe Castform’s attack

*Ah… Poseidon, the legendary God of the Sea. Known for his incredible strength and rule on the seas… Poseidon was an adamant grappler; he was stubborn and cocky. He had a very intimidating presence in battle, and was incredibly vain. He liked to dance before his enemies and taunt them before unleashing his powerful charging attacks. His main maneuver was a charging tackle that was so fast and vicious that it could scale the steepest of waterfalls. Though adamant and cocky, he was always consistent by using his best efforts in battle to return his love to his supreme ruler

A little raindrop pixie with large mysterious eyes entered the battle. Poseidon eats rain drops for breakfast, and proceeded to begin his dance.

Poseidon used Dragon Dance!
Poseidon’s Attack Rose! Poseidon’s Speed Rose!

The smart little pixie remained calm and unleashed a massive electrical assault at Poseidon.

Foe Castform used Thunderbolt
A Critical Hit! It’s super-effective! (100% damage)

The giant god-like sea beastie promptly drowned in his native water. The supreme ruler reached for his second sea titan…

Wow was that unexpected. No worries, this is only the early third round. No problem for good old Swampy!

*Oceanus ruled both the ocean and its bedrock. He was immune to electrical assaults that crippled Poseidon. Oceanus was very relaxed in battle, and was skilled at protecting himself to completely foil assaults. He resides at the bottom of the ocean, where the earth and water heal him slightly every turn. In battle, he was adept at creating massive earthquakes on land and underwater. His underwater earthquakes created massive surf-able tsunamis and jagged-edged pieces of rock that could strike his enemies.*

The little raindrop wasn’t intimidated, and launched a concentrated blast of cold energy

Foe Castform used Ice Beam
A Critical Hit! (~40% damage)
Oceanus was frozen solid!

WTF!!!!! 2 more haxes!!!! Oh shit I might be in trouble now! Leftovers should keep him alive long enough to defrost I hope…

Foe Castform used Ice Beam! (~20% damage)
Oceanus is frozen solid!
(for the next 4 or 5 turns)

The petite drop of H2O proceeded to blast at the helpless Oceanus until it could no longer battle…

Oceanus fainted!

Angered, the supreme ruler reached for his final sea titan!

No defrost? What is the percentage? Oh Shit… Hopefully Milotic can pull off the 3-0 sweep. He’s done it before!

Go! Leviathan! (Milotic)
*Leviathan had a bad reputation for attacking sailors. However, he was a truly benevolent and beautiful creature. He was very modest and cunning in battle. He could summon forth downpours to increase the power of his water blasts. These blasts were highly pressurized and could douse anything, even other water creatures. He could also blast icy-cold beams of energy and had the power to recover his own health.

My Milotic is a special sweeper with good defenses. Double STAB Hydro Pump is good for OHKO on about 70% of the non-resistant foes in the battle tower, and 2HKOs Palmer’s Cresselia. I didn’t want to rain dance, because that would only screw me by allowing Castform to wall Milotic, so I had to either Hydro Pump or Ice Beam. I don’t know much about Castform’s stats, but Hydro Pump puts a hurting on anything so I thought that was the best option…

Leviathan was not beautiful enough to captivate the little creature, but proceeded to blast him anyway...

Leviathan used Hydro Pump!
Leviathan’s attack missed…
Foe Castform used Thunderbolt!
A Critical Hit! It’s super-effective! (~70% damage)

Unfortunately, this is the end of story-telling mode. This is just plain ridiculous! How many haxes can someone get! We know the battle tower cheats, but on battle 16!!!!

Leviathan used Hydro Pump!
Leviathan’s attack missed....
Foe Castforum used Thunderbolt!
It’s super-effective (~30% damage)
Leviathan fainted!

At this point I had already given up…Ice beam wouldn’t OHKO and the first miss and hax on Milo ended the match. Wow, at least he didn’t end on a hax

Props:
  • My pokemon for being well-trained, having cool nicknames, and Milo for having a different moveset
Slops:
  • Too much luck involved in this battle.
  • Castform went untouched
  • I still don’t know the other two pokemon!!!!!
  • This being the worst battle I have ever played in all of Pokemon
I played this battle while I was riding in the car, which probably saved my DS from being thrown against a wall or something. Losing to a castform is fucking embarrassing. After bitching about it for a few hours, I started to think how funny it is. If it means anything, I just whooped on Palmer and I’m doing much better this time. Hopefully I’ll write a real Wi-Fi warstory because I know this doesn’t have anything to do with the metagame, and is quite light in material. Hopefully the brief storytelling remedied that.

EDIT: The tags are out. I don't know what happened, but I had to manually delete all that crap!

maybe I have some kind of setting wrong, but I see the whole thing with the tags in plain view like "[times new roman]" and [bold)

please fix it soes I could go about reading your war story.

EDIT: wow, just wow. you win some you lose some.

This battle is all the more reason I should try out Anger Point Tauros in the BT. I'd fear that Return would miss against something holding Brightpowder though.

anyways.. it was a well-written story, that I really enjoyed reading. So you win in that regard.

Yes, very well written out, and great humor too! Having 3 pokes who share the same type is pretty cool and an interesting idea for taking on the battle tower

I adore your luck. VERY dissapointing loss right there, but your humor is one of the best on this site.

Proving yet again that.

Hax>All

I swear Ice beam is the scariest move in the entire game it always freezes what I don't want to get frozen.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Threads such as this underline a very important point about competitive Pokemon: that a noob can win against the best player in the world because of something called luck. If you don't embrace this fact, then Pokemon is not for you.

Which is why the reason why 95% of people ban Double Team and OHKO moves is "hey, I'm better than you, so I deserve to win even if you're luckier than me".

This reminds me of the time my Castform froze a Weezing, Attract haxed + Thunderbolted a Milotic to death, and did 99% to a Magneton with Fire Blast before dying.

Threads such as this underline a very important point about competitive Pokemon: that a noob can win against the best player in the world because of something called luck. If you don't embrace this fact, then Pokemon is not for you.
Exactly. It's critical to realize that the players who are "good" will have more consistant results even looking through luck, NOT undefeated records. It's somewhat like baseball or poker in that regard: A good player may have an overall success rate that seems bad (.330 batting average or so), but given the luck context of the game, that's a very high success rate. You will see those players more often in the top 10 of a tournament than random lucky scrubs, although you may very well see one or two of those.

Also, Castform is perfect for taking advantage of the OP team's weakness to consistant bad luck. While several of these couldn't be avoided (yay Ice Beam freeze), the Hydro Pump for extra power is a trade-off that you, the OP, willingly make: Accepting that you can and will miss fairly often, in exchange for huge hits when it connects. It no doubt works quite effectively, but this was just one of those strikeouts. =)

I do dig the team though, water types are a favorite of mine.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
this thread made me notice that castform is not in the analysis index
Or maybe you just need to learn how alphabetical order is sorted, because it's right where it should be...

That's a pretty sad story. Battle Tower = Hax, end story.

Ummm... I'm just curious, but why were you using Hydro Pump on Milotic? Isn't it supposed to durable? I wouldn't think you would want a low PP move on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)