The NBA thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Haha anyone who woulda predicted Glen Davis' to be the top scorer for the Celts this game would either have to be related to him or in an insane asylum. Good job by the young fella thoug
Glen Davis was one of the most hyped players his freshman and sophomore year at college. Everyone started comparing him to Shaq and calling him Baby Shaq cuz he went to LSU too.

And the all star show is all about highlights. Dwade is gonna bring a lot of highlights to the game than Jose Calderon or Billups. Why else would fans vote for him? That's why a lot of veterans don't get voted in because they lose their explosiveness. Most of them (that do good) get voted in by the coaches. You can't really say a person doesn't deserve to be a starter unless the starter got injured. However, if it was like MVP voting, then yea it would matter.

Motherfucking jerkass Glen Davis is clearly a stellar player, so I highly doubt you would have to be insane to see he would produce quickly, to back up yoshididdy (and to once again clarify, I have to denigrate Glen Davis in every single reference to him since he kept UT from a final four and yes I am still oh so very bitter >:O)

I agree absolutely that Billups should be starting over Dwayne Wade. I really like 'effiiciency stats,' and especially John Hollinger's, and Hollinger has Billups as the eighth best in the league. (Boozer is higher than Tim Duncan in efficiency, for anyone who wants to contest my claim that Boozer should be starting!! and Boozer is producing better stats than Duncan with about three less minutes a game)

Miami finally won a game; they beat the Pacers 98-96. Hopefully they will start making good trades, etc, and start to turn things around a bit.

Hopefully Wade's injuries will keep him out of the All-Star game so Chauncey can start ;) Not like I want him to be injured though >.>

The Pistons are starting to get back on track, now all they need is for Boston to hit a bump on the road =D

Wow, Boston very well may have lost to the Timberwolves the other night, but Perkins made that shot to make it 87. The Celtics are only going downhill, though they're still top and will be top probably through the rest of the season.

Wow, Boston very well may have lost to the Timberwolves the other night, but Perkins made that shot to make it 87. The Celtics are only going downhill, though they're still top and will be top probably through the rest of the season.
I never thought they were any good anyway, compared to the west. It was mostly all hype, and with the tougher part of their season coming up, I think we will all see what type of team the Celtics are.

Anyway, Im a Lakers fan, and they really had a shot at the number one seed out west, but not I see another losing streak coming their way, just like last season. Injuries suck :/

Wow Hornets just DEMOLISHED the Spurs, especially in the second half, jesus christ outscored by 25? It's pretty amazing, Chris Paul is the motherfucking truth.

Also can't wait til Celtics play the Suns, Mavs and Spurs. (Although recent games show us that all 3 'power' teams are somewhat struggling!)

I never thought they were any good anyway, compared to the west. It was mostly all hype, and with the tougher part of their season coming up, I think we will all see what type of team the Celtics are.

Anyway, Im a Lakers fan, and they really had a shot at the number one seed out west, but not I see another losing streak coming their way, just like last season. Injuries suck :/
celtics are 12-0 against the west. Also if your a laker fan then wow, you said the celtics suck when they blew your lakers out by 20 points TWICE, the second coming on the final game of a west road trip in a 4 games in 5 days stretch for the celtics. Odom got so frustrated he tackled ray allen. After the game kobe said they're at the level we want to be at, they're at the top level in the NBA. Honestly, i personally dont think you have the right to diss a team basically saying your team is better when they get blown out twice.

Sure the celts havent yet played phoenix/san antonio/dallas. Just keep making excuses to get in your head that the celts arent as good as you as they really are. Also, it really doesnt matter what happens in the regular season, as long as its working well come playoff time i will be happy. Nobody here seems to realize the season just doesnt matter all that much, look at golden state, san antonio, cleveland last year, their record wasnt the best in the conference yet they did well in the playoffs. My point is records don't matter that much as long as your in the playoffs. What matters is the talent, maturity, smarts, and momentum of the teams. As long as the celtcis go in with that, which they've had 3 or 4 of those going all season, they will be a playoff monster.

celtics are 12-0 against the west. Also if your a laker fan then wow, you said the celtics suck when they blew your lakers out by 20 points TWICE, the second coming on the final game of a west road trip in a 4 games in 5 days stretch for the celtics. Odom got so frustrated he tackled ray allen. After the game kobe said they're at the level we want to be at, they're at the top level in the NBA. Honestly, i personally dont think you have the right to diss a team basically saying your team is better when they get blown out twice.

Sure the celts havent yet played phoenix/san antonio/dallas. Just keep making excuses to get in your head that the celts arent as good as you as they really are. Also, it really doesnt matter what happens in the regular season, as long as its working well come playoff time i will be happy. Nobody here seems to realize the season just doesnt matter all that much, look at golden state, san antonio, cleveland last year, their record wasnt the best in the conference yet they did well in the playoffs. My point is records don't matter that much as long as your in the playoffs. What matters is the talent, maturity, smarts, and momentum of the teams. As long as the celtcis go in with that, which they've had 3 or 4 of those going all season, they will be a playoff monster.
It's simply an opinion, and beating on the bottom of the west (minus the Lakers) doesn't show me anything on why they get all the hype they do. Beat the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns, and then they are legitimate in my eyes. It's sad seeing you praise them for not even facing the true elite of the west, when they lose twice to the Bobcats in the pitiful Eastern Conference.

To your second point about doing well in the playoffs. All of those teams had momentum in the playoffs. The Celtics are hitting the hardest part of their regular season, and if they cannot get quality wins over the other powerhouses of the league, then that parallels into no momentum.

Considering that the Celtics play in the weakest division in the NBA with 3 of some of the best players in the league, I do find they're overhyped and overall lucky. Once they play a REAL western team, then they should crumble.

On another note, I'll never understand how the Suns can drop 2 games so far to on of the worst team in the league (Timberwolves); it takes another kind of talent to do that >.>

Well, Celtics versus Mavericks should answer a few questions tonight

Just because I think about weird things like this, the Raptor's win last night almost raised their margin of victory by a point per game (39 points, 45 games) which is awesome

Also, Spurs/Suns and Lakers/Pistons, jampacked night tonight. My predictions, Mavs, Suns, and Pistons.

Don't forget Celtics don't have KG.

Celtics advance to a perfect 13-0 against the West with tonight's win. Suns and Spurs are coming up, we'll see if this streak can continue.

I watched the Mavs/Celtics game and that was a good game to watch. Posey and Rondo played really well in those last few minutes.

i wonder what the new excuses about the celtics being bad/overrated will be now.

here's some that i bet you'll use to make yourselves feel better:
1. Dallas isnt the top of the west anymore, not a big win!
2. They didnt have devin harris!
3. The refs were sooo bad that game! completely on the celtics side!
4. Ray Allen had a lucky shooting night for them to get the win, nothing more
5. There's no way rondo and posey will keep playing like that in the end of games come playoffs

honestly, the celtics are up there with the best, everybody's just a hater and comes up with excsuses in their minds to downgrade the celts. On TNT they had a little pop up window about how the best teams always have bad stretches. The only good team without one yet is New Orleans, and boston was the next great team with the best "bad" streak at above .500 basketball. The celts are the real deal, can't wait until the playoffs. In my mind though, the spurs are still the best until they lose in the playoffs, no matter what.

I think the one way to look at it that does not prove anything for the Celtics is that they won in the three point game (had Mavericks abandoned the three point shot, they probably could have easily won, going 4-22 compared to 5-11 lol) - I am not saying that to say that it is true, since the Celtics did win, and the Mavericks did not try to pound it in the paint (like usual :()

Pau Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, and first round picks in '08 and '10.

Yes!
Hell yes!!!! Omni, check out our projected lineup when healtyh!
PG: Fisher, Farmar
SG: Bryant, Sasha
SF: Odom, Ariza, Walton
PF: Gasol, Turiaf, Radmanovic
C: Bynum, Mihm, Mbenga

i am loving the idea of a lakers/celtics rivalry finals. It was a great move for the lakers imo. Havent seen that crittenton guy play yet, but i hear he's gunna probably gunna be good someday. Still, a great move to help while bynums out, and for the playoffs.

Pau Gasol to the Lakers? Are you serious?! That is insane. The Lakers are already one of the few elite teams this season!

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
good move for both teamas. gasol has proven that he will never be an alpha dog on a playoff team. he's more suited to playing the sidekick which is exactly what he'll be in la. for memphis, gasol just wasn't working out and gay is turning into a superstar so they needed to deal him. kwame gives them a ton of cap room for this summer and crittendon is a solid prospect they can trade since they already have conley and lowry. memphis can rebuild around gay, warrick, miller, conley, lowry, navarro plus the 2 #1's la gave them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)