The NeverUsed (NU RMT)

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey I'm pretty new to NU and stuff since I've only been playing for like 2 days now; but it seems like dodrio can give this team a lot of trouble.
At some point it seems like the only way of killing it is probably revenging it with medicham.

If anything I'd change zangoose for relicanth. The switch for those two pokemon is essentially for the normal and flying resist which your team definitely needs. I recommend using the rock polish variant who's a very threatening sweeper in the tier.

Hope i helped :)

Hey I'm pretty new to NU and stuff since I've only been playing for like 2 days now; but it seems like dodrio can give this team a lot of trouble.
At some point it seems like the only way of killing it is probably revenging it with medicham.

If anything I'd change zangoose for relicanth. The switch for those two pokemon is essentially for the normal and flying resist which your team definitely needs. I recommend using the rock polish variant who's a very threatening sweeper in the tier.

Hope i helped :)
Dodrio has given me problems lately. Especially with 3 pokemon weak to Flying =/ Relicanth seems like it could help but I'll probably put in over Slowking or Medicham. Zangoose has really been working for me lately. But I'll test Relicanth over all three and see where it fits best.

Hey nice team, its good to see that zangoose is getting some use. I would just like to point out that bibarel, tauros and persian are probably the three most used leads so close combat is essential for pinsir. I would also like to mention that a server has been imputted on shoddy with an nu ladder under the name "nu metagame server"

hey there! this is a really well balanced team, i think i've actually fought it once before on the server.

a few notes :

you could run jolly on your zangoose, it will let you hit 306 speed and outrun a certain few pokes, speed tie with certain others (+speed venomoth comes to mind) .. nothing too important though i suppose, stuff around the 85-105 speed brackets depending on natures / EVs. adamant gives you a little more power but assuming you can predict right and get an SD up you won't have many problems with killing things at 658 attack + great coverage.

that aforementioned flying weakness won't usually present you with too many problems, you don't have much to worry about other than dodrio which i have not seen a ton of. still, if you want to sneak a relicanth in there you could, probably for SK though you lose almost any special bulk this team had. overall, good team! very offensive, i like the looks of it.

Hey nice team, its good to see that zangoose is getting some use. I would just like to point out that bibarel, tauros and persian are probably the three most used leads so close combat is essential for pinsir. I would also like to mention that a server has been imputted on shoddy with an nu ladder under the name "nu metagame server"
Well, I might go with Close Combat because Quick Attack really wasn't doing any significant. Also, I found out about the server yesterday.

hey there! this is a really well balanced team, i think i've actually fought it once before on the server.

a few notes :

you could run jolly on your zangoose, it will let you hit 306 speed and outrun a certain few pokes, speed tie with certain others (+speed venomoth comes to mind) .. nothing too important though i suppose, stuff around the 85-105 speed brackets depending on natures / EVs. adamant gives you a little more power but assuming you can predict right and get an SD up you won't have many problems with killing things at 658 attack + great coverage.

that aforementioned flying weakness won't usually present you with too many problems, you don't have much to worry about other than dodrio which i have not seen a ton of. still, if you want to sneak a relicanth in there you could, probably for SK though you lose almost any special bulk this team had. overall, good team! very offensive, i like the looks of it.
Yah I did go with Jolly but i wasn't outrunning anything important so i went with Adamant. The extra power is nice too. After testing Relicanth didn't do too well. Maybe it was the set i was running =/

After testing some more, my team has poblems with SubMagneton =/ Switching Slowking to a special wall helps as it can take a Thunderbolt and can hit back with Surf. But once it gets a Sub up I have to let something die.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, I played this team recently on the server, and my Dodrio did quite a number to it, if I recall. I would think that Medicham could handle it, but yours was out at the time. If Medicham was out, the rare Sharpedo could also cause some major problems for you.

I would consider putting Aromatherapy on Vileplume, as paralysis / burn could be hellish for your Zangoose. Here is a good set that spreads status and rids it as well:

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Clorophyl
EVs: 244 Hp / 136 Def / 128 SpD
Calm nature (+Special Defense, -Attack)
~ Sleep Powder
~ Stun Spore / Toxic
~ Aromatherapy
~ Energy Ball / Sludge Bomb

Inflicting status effects is what you expect Grass-types to do, and Vileplume comes with the full package. Your goal is to just use the right status move for the right situation and to cause switches and general chaos while occasionally sneaking in an Aromatherapy. It is an amazing way to make status your bitch, and can make your opponent tear their own hair out.

Good luck! :)

Yes, I played this team recently on the server, and my Dodrio did quite a number to it, if I recall. I would think that Medicham could handle it, but yours was out at the time. If Medicham was out, the rare Sharpedo could also cause some major problems for you.

I would consider putting Aromatherapy on Vileplume, as paralysis / burn could be hellish for your Zangoose. Here is a good set that spreads status and rids it as well:

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Clorophyl
EVs: 244 Hp / 136 Def / 128 SpD
Calm nature (+Special Defense, -Attack)
~ Sleep Powder
~ Stun Spore / Toxic
~ Aromatherapy
~ Energy Ball / Sludge Bomb

Inflicting status effects is what you expect Grass-types to do, and Vileplume comes with the full package. Your goal is to just use the right status move for the right situation and to cause switches and general chaos while occasionally sneaking in an Aromatherapy. It is an amazing way to make status your bitch, and can make your opponent tear their own hair out.

Good luck! :)
I really havn't had problems with Sharpedo but its good to know that he owns me. Also i was thinking about testing that exact same Vileplume set because i tend to fight a lot of teams that spread toxic and wow like crazy.

Also, I am thinking about trying Primeape over Medicham. Any thoughts?

Primeape makes a great replacement to Medicham for a lot of reasons. First off, it gets Close Combat, so you won't have to cross your fingers and hope whenever you use it you will still have all your life left. Secondly, you get access to U-turn, which is always a great move to have, and allows you to hit Psychic types for SE while scouting. Finally, you get Vital Spirit, a great ability that lets you get the switch in on any of those pesky sleepers which will take a lot of damage from Primeape's great coverage and respectable attack.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Vital Spirit
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Close Combat
-U-turn
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch

Primeape makes a great replacement to Medicham for a lot of reasons. First off, it gets Close Combat, so you won't have to cross your fingers and hope whenever you use it you will still have all your life left. Secondly, you get access to U-turn, which is always a great move to have, and allows you to hit Psychic types for SE while scouting. Finally, you get Vital Spirit, a great ability that lets you get the switch in on any of those pesky sleepers which will take a lot of damage from Primeape's great coverage and respectable attack.

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Vital Spirit
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Close Combat
-U-turn
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
I will definitely try this out. I always wanted to replace Medicham but didn't know if it was the right choice. Also, I never knew Primeape gets Tpunch =/

CB dodrio/Fearow/Pidgeot/Farfecth'd rapes you.

Flareon is an ok pokemon but believe me; it can't counter Leafeon.

IMO you need something like sandslash (spinner), golem (bulky time bomb) or sudowoodo (bulky time bomb/wall without x4 weakness)

iSpin (Sandslash) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 200 HP/112 Atk/140 Def/56 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Night Slash
- Stealth Rock

This is the sandslash I use. You can try it if you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)