The New UU List - Finally we can define NU! (April Fools version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A few Smogoners (notably Caelum) have PMed me to produce a new UU list as well as a new OU list, so that we finally start to differentiate between UU and NU. This is finally happening today.

Since I am currently on an extended leave of absence due to my upcoming wedding, DougJustDoug has kindly emailed me the Pokemon usages in each ladder, from which I could create the new UU list (and the new OU list which will be posted soon on another thread). The algorithm to construct the new UU list is exactly the same one that is used to create the OU list.

Without further ado, here is the new UU list!

Code:
Absol
Altaria
Ambipom
Arcanine
Azumarill
Blastoise
Blaziken
Camerupt
Chansey
Charizard
Claydol
Clefable
Cloyster
Cradily
Drapion
Exeggutor
Floatzel
Hariyama
Hippopotas
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Honchkrow
Houndoom
Hypno
Kabutops
Kangaskhan
Lanturn
Ludicolo
Manectric
Medicham
Milotic
Mismagius
Nidoqueen
Pinsir
Poliwrath
Porygon2
Primeape
Qwilfish
Regice
Registeel
Roserade
Rotom
Sandslash
Sceptile
Scyther
Shaymin
Slowbro
Spiritomb
Steelix
Torterra
Typhlosion
Umbreon
Ursaring
Uxie
Venusaur

(55 Pokemon)
EDIT: This is clearly X-Act... someone sabotaged my account due to April Fools.

Fantastic. Thanks alot X-Act (and all associated parties). I can't wait for NU to get started.

Hm, Feraligatr and Nidoking are not on the list. I'm also a little surprised Regice is there but not Regirock, especially since Hippopotas of all things is there! The two go hand in hand.

EDIT: Can't be certain of the legitimacy of this list after seeing the OU list.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
WHAT!! You have some pokes as UU and OU. Thanks for the time and effort into this.

Very interesting. I'm a little new to the whole list compilation process (I'm generally very good on my Pokemon theroy, but I'm terrible at keeping up with trends), but it strikes me as a tad bit small. Perhaps it is because I don't have an exact count of all competetively viable Pokemon (I keep thinking there are 493, but then I have not subtracted the noncompetitive lower forms).

It's occured to me that Umbreon is the only Eeveelution on that list. Poor Flareon. NU probably would be a great deal of help to it.

I'm laughing at the seriousness of the above posts; first off, the other list was an obvious fake, and to top it off, the main page is in Portuguese.

Common sense people.

I'm laughing at the seriousness of the above posts; first off, the other list was an obvious fake, and to top it off, the main page is in Portuguese.

Common sense people.
To be honest, I took this one seriously because I didn't see the other list, and for like two seconds I forgot it was the 1st. X_X

Common sense people.
Yeah, I figured that was in Portuguese. I was trying to read it, as I initially thought it was Spanish. I'd barely understand things, and then I'd get completely thrown off and go WTF?

Do you guys always celebrate April Fools like this?

Common sense people.
My post was before the other list was even up. Not everybody goes to the front page either (I bypass right to the forums).

This list looked legit enough without the other list blowing it out of the water.

Do you guys always celebrate April Fools like this?
They sure do.

But I'm left wondering if they're using real statistics to fake an April Fools joke, so we end up ignoring a prototype to the actual list. The list doesn't look too unrealistic, unless you're absolutely positive Hippopatas wouldn't make it. And there's the lack of OU pokes that missed the cutoff and UU pokes that advanced up, but still...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Common sense people.
A really bizzare Porutuguese, I must say. Even Legacy's name was translated!

It's Babelfished Portuguese, in fact.

As a native Portuguese speaker, I did get a good laugh out of it, so props.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I dunno guys, just looking at the pokemon, this list looks like it could actually be serious. o.o

edit: except that the useage stats are still not out, and Doug has never failed to post them before X-Act got the lists out.

Ambipom is UU, lol. That thing has saved my ass -so- many times on Shoddy, plus it's the best Sub Breaker in the game, IMO. I think I'd be bold enough to use it in Ubers, but I suck at that. :P

Anyway, good list. TY for the work.. I may give UU a shot since Ambipom is 4tw. :D

EDIT: Scratch this. -_- Jokes on me. There's no way half of this is real.

hehe I love Absol being in UU. I would rape some teams shouting
"ABSOL -> OU!!!"

But obviously he's in UU for a reason =/ I can't pwn everything :(

I wonder how people would react if Lucario was put into the UU list. Frightened panic or incredulous laughter?

I think the lack of Espeon on that list should by a pretty big hint that its fake.
And if I'm wrong and no one uses Espeon, then I must be facing every single espeon user out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)