Other The Next Best Thing - ORAS OU Edition (Discussing Gardevoir sets) Check Post #920

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh I've got a fun one
Offensive Doom Desire Jirachi
385.gif
Jirachi @ Leftovers / Iron Plate
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Protect
- U-turn / Wish
- Psyshock / Hidden Power Ground

This is a cool set that I've been mucking around with on the suspect ladder.
Its goal is to rack up offensive pressure on slow, defensive teams, as well as bulk offence. Consistently coming in on stuff it check such as Fairys, Kyu-B, Fighting types etc. And clicking Doom Desire, then U-Turning out of its counter and going into something who steel resistant mons don't like coming in on, forcing them to go out to a potential counter that just cops a doom desire to the face, possibly paving way for that mon to sweep. I've had a bit of success on pairing it with lots of mons that smack Steel resist hard, such as fighting, fire, ground and dragon types, as lot of there switch ins don't like taking that strong AF doom desire to the face. This set also works well on hazard stacking teams (particularly T-Spikes) for the amount of switches this set forces with the way it plays,

Spread is just max special attack, enough speed for Jolly Bisharp, and the rest in HP. The item slot is up to personal preference, lefties for longevity and Iron Plate for dropping harder hitting Doom Desires. Moves are pretty simple, Doom Desire is the main feature, Protect for stalling out Doom-Desires two turns it takes to hit and scouting choice users, U-Turn for momentum and forcing out counters to other mons or wish on more defensively minded teams. And finally, psyshock for fighting types, chansey and M-Venusaur, as well as being a reliable attack to use, or HP Ground for Heatran, Jirachis #1 counter.

Going with the Salac Berry once again!
Natural Gift lure Jirachi

Jirachi @ Salac Berry
EVs: 84 HP / 172 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch

This set is used to lure in Pursuit trappers such as Bisharp, ScarfTar, Scizor etc. and OHKO them with Natural Gift (with Salac Berry, it becomes a 100 BP Fighting-type move) or Fire Punch. After using the Salac Berry, Jirachi outspeeds every unboosted and non-Scarfed mon in the tier and can flinch the incoming mon(s) to death with Iron Head. Body Slam is used to spread paralysis when Salac has yet to be used or after it has been used but is no longer in effect. Fire Punch is for [Mega] Scizor, Ferrothorn and others, but can also used to burn incoming threats.

An adamant nature and 172 Atk are just enough to OHKO ScarfTar (and 2HKO support Tar with a combination of Iron Head and Natural Gift), 252 Spe EVs are used to abuse flinch/paraflinch hax as much as possible (especially with the Salac boost) and the rest is dumped into HP for better bulk in general.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Because I am lazy I'll just copy paste my post from another topic

I always love using past-gen sets like Agility Empoleon or Tyraniboah, and one of the sets I love to use is Superachi

Jirachi @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire
- Filler (Energy Ball / Flash Cannon / Moonblast)

Superachi! (Offensive CM) is a set that I spotted when I accidentally clicked on the BW analysis instead of the XY analysis and I wanted to give this set a try. Because of Jirachi's good bulk and typing it can often find free switchins and start setting up Calm Minds. CM Jirachi easily smashes through slower, bulkier teams because of the insane power and difficulty to wear it down. Even unboosted, Psyshock does a lot of damage. HP Ground is a good option because Magnezone and Heatran are 2 very common switchins to Jirachi and they are easily lured in and killed with a LO HP Ground (needs a CM up vs SpDef Heatran) HP Fire is an option to hit Scizor and Ferrothorn, as they are both OHKOd by a +1 HP Fire. The 3rd coverage moves really can be anything you like. Moonblast helps versus Mega Sableye and gives a good matchup versus stall in general, but Energy Ball works for luring in Slowbro / Hippowdon / Quagsire.

If you want to break stall, CM // Psyshock // HP Fire // Energy Ball or Flash Cannon seems like the best coverage, though Mega Sableye wins the CM war if you don't run Moonblast, Quagsire wins vs non-energy ball sets and Clefable beats non-Flash Cannon sets. Because this set is pretty uncommon, it is easy to bluff a physical set and stay out until the pokemon you can't break easily is weakened and you can start your late game sweep.

SketchUp

Superachi is on the analysis though.
It's a set from the UU analysis.
Also, according to the usage stats this set isn't used much at all: all moves in the set are below 13,14% usage together and Life Orb is used less often than Shed Shell (lower than 4,15% usage)

p2

Banned deucer.
Doesn't look like there's much else to choose from Rachis movepool for this, nothing in particular sticks out apart from Skill Swap, but 1. It's kinda outclassed by Azelf at that and 2. Why the hell would you want to give your opponent Serene Grace? I suppose it could run a Stallbreaker set, but it doesn't have instant reliable recovery and relies on Wish which kinda sucks.

This suggestion is probably going to suck but here goes, I'm going with CroRachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic / Flash Cannon / Moonblast
I'd make it shiny just to bluff Moonblast if you don't run it

Everyone knows what CroCune does, but Jirachi takes a different approach to it with being able to bullshit skill its way through obstacles like Chansey with Psychic Sdef drops unlike CroCune who needs to Stall it out. However it offers a worse defensive typing since Physical Fire, Ground and Dark moves aren't complete garbage and is pretty much countered by Bisharp or TTar.
Options for the offensive move include Psychic, Flash Cannon and Moonblast. Psychic is its most powerful option but its simply walled to hell and back by Dark types, Flash Cannon has non-immune coverage but plenty of resists are running around in OU and Moonblast is another good option solely because 60%=100%, which can cripple most Special Attackers that try to beat it and shuts down CM'ers such as Sableye or Clefable (Magic Guard ofc) and it lets Rachi hit those pesky Dark types for SE damage or Neutral at the very worst.

Rain Support Jirachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers / Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid / Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Water Pulse / Iron Head
- Healing Wish / U-turn / Iron Head

This is the most annoying thing under rain. Thunder has a 100% accuracy under rain, and a 60% chance of paralysis with Serene Grace to abuse. Water Pulse and Iron Head are both good options in the third slot, with Water Pulse being boosted by Rain and having a 60% chance to confuse and Iron Head going well with Thunder's high chance of paralysis and giving it a solid STAB option (if you go the Thunder + Iron Head route, you can use a Speed-hindering nature to avoid losing power to a -Atk or -SpAtk nature, as Thunder will most likely slow down the enemy anyway). However, since this 'rachi is built more for team support, the last slot is reserved for that: Healing Wish to bring in a Rain abuser, or U-turn for momentum. Both moves provide a chance for a teammate take advantage of rain immediately, or you can spam Thunder and Water Pulse first for a safer opportunity to bring something in later. Or you can go Iron Head + Thunder + Water Pulse for the opponent to have a hilarious 15% chance of hitting you through all of paralysis, confusion, and flinch and a not-so-hilarious 100% chance of your opponent reaching through the screen to strangle you with your own intestines.

SketchUp

Whirlpool Manaphy

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Whirlpool

I couldn't really decide whether I'd go for Heart Swap, Signal Beam or something different but this set looks the best to me. Whirlpool lures in common switchins like Ferrothorn, trap them and Manaphy can fish for a scald burn and stay healthy because of Hydration + Rain + Rest.

Last edited:
Cool set :]
From now on, I would appreciate it if you could give your set a nickname, as it makes things easier for me.
SketchUp, I called your set Whirlpool + Rest, idk if that's ok with you though. If you want it to be named something else, feel free to ask me to change it.

p2

Banned deucer.
Celebi Lure Manaphy

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball / Rain Dance
- Signal Beam

What this is, is just TG + 3 Attacks Manaphy, except it's made to lure and KO Sdef Celebi after a Tail Glow. Although the speed investment is quite specific (made to outspeed 108 Spe Celebi), a simpler 252 / 252 Set works aswell since it guarantees Manaphy can outspeed some more offensive variants of Celebi, also the HP investment puts it at a Leftovers number. Sdef Celebi can actually survive an Ice Beam after Tail Glow, while Signal Beam easily KOs it at +3. Signal Beam also has some other use as it can hit Mega Slowbro + Latis for SE damage and even hit Ferrothorn for neutral, so it's not just a moveslot wasted on 1 single pokemon :toast:

Physical Scarf Manaphy

Manaphy @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- U-Turn
- Knock Off
- Reflect / Light Screen / Safeguard / Charm

Because of Tail Glow and Scald, Manaphy's base 100 attack is often underlooked, and perhaps rightfully so. However, this set is a nice revenge killer and utility pivot, and also lures in Celebi and wrecks it with either U-Turn or Knock Off. The EVs allow you to tie or outspeed the most 'mons possible, but 148 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd allows a little more bulk while still outspeeding things like Scarf Excadrill, Scarfed Landorus-T, and Adamant Charizard-X, and 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd can stop an Adamant Mega Sharpedo sweep. The last slot is a random utility move for a last-ditch effort to bring in a teammate in safely when Manaphy is low on HP, due to Manaphy's barren movepool.

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Dual Screens Manaphy

Manaphy @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Heart Swap
-Scald / Waterfall

Introducing Dual Screens Manaphy, it has an advantage over other Dual Screeners in that it has a combination of decent bulk, speed, and Heart Swap.
Heart Swap can prevent boosters from boosting up while you setup screens. Scald is helpful as the only attacking move, and can come in handy in general with the 30% burn chance even without Heart Swapping boosts. As Dragon Dancers are pretty common, Waterfall is also an option if your team has no problems with CM Sweepers. Pretty reliable screener with decent bulk and speed IMO. Heart Swap is kinda unexpected so can get you surprise kills and stuff.

Why not try
Specially Defensive Manaphy

Manaphy @ Left
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spd
Careful Nature
- Knock Off / Scald
- U-Turn
- Rest
- Rain Dance

Was the best thing i could come up with e.e
Wellp, this is simply a specially defensive Manaphy: actually not a bad answer to mons like LO gengar. The EVs in speed make sure you outspeed positive natured 70s. Knock Off allows manaphy to knock items off (duh xD) manaphy's switchin, and most of TG Manaphy dont really appreciate it, so it could surprise them easly. Scald can be used over knock off for the burn chance which never bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)