Sawsbuck @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Horn Leech
-Return / Baton Pass / Megahorn
-Swords Dance / Baton Pass / Megahorn
I remember using this set before, and it's extremely difficult to get a sub, swords dance and activate salac berry, heck it was almost impossible to get 2 out of the three because of its frailty. Sawsbuck really does not attract physical walls except for misdreavus and maybe musharna because of it's coverage moves. When I face Sawsbuck, I predict what move it will go for and bring in a faster poke that can take the move, and revenge it. That's what makes sub a very good move, however, without life orb, it really loses power, and by me bringing in a faster poke while subbing, a swords dance cannot be used. You could just continually sub down though, however, yoou won't have the swords dance or the power from life orb to abuse the speed. Also, horn leech and salac berry are very contradictory, as you are making it difficult for yourself to obtain the speed boost.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scolipede is RU, not NU. However, the idea of passing +2 Attack, +1 Speed, AND a Substitute to something like Torterra or Skuntank is quite scary, especially since Cinccino is banned and can't break the subs. I think this would need a lot of team support.
With Scolipede and the other drops in mind, just a note that your sets don't have to cater to this metagame as it only just came into existence. However for the next Pokemon this'll change but just letting you know that trying to edit your sets to cater to Scolipede, Primeape and Munchlax isn't needed, and should be based around Stage 8.

I remember using this set before, and it's extremely difficult to get a sub, swords dance and activate salac berry. Also, horn leech and salac berry are very contradictory, as you are making it difficult for yourself to obtain the speed boost.
Oops, yeah Horn Leech and Salac are very contradictory indeed, I'll change it to seed bomb then :P

As I said also, this set appreciates hazard support to pressure walls and faster mons to come in, and if you're running BP, Scoliopede is going to be an excellent offensive receipient, because it can handle Vileplume, Metang, and Musharna, as well as setting up valuable spikes to help aid sweeps for Sawsbuck or another baton pass receipient, maybe something like Regirock or Sawk.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Time to vote for your favourite set :) You have two days - and in the next Pokemon you can look forward to one of the drops!

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tiffanyy's SubPass set because not only does it hit hard, it also takes advantage of the switches Sawsbuck causes and get a sub, and following that get a threat in safely behind a sub, plus you get a possible Sap Sipper boost.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tiffanyy

The problem with all the other boosting sets is that you're unlikely to get two boosts up at once. It's nice that you can try, but I can't find a time I'd be able to et both off at once, considering the fragility of Bambi.

Also, a lot of these are pretty well walled/checked by steel types and can't really hit Skuntank hard.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
flcl

His is the only set that truly keeps to the main idea of this thread: to find innovative sets that get around the usual counters. Fooly's set does this pretty well by dealing with Weezing and Musharna, as well as some other checks/counters. Hot N Cold is a close second though, since it can overpower or outspeed its counters based on what it faces, though it is more of a reactive set.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ironically, I feel like the only set that did this (effectively, especially) was Mylo Xyloto's. Sawsbuck has trouble with Musharna of course, but just tacking Megahorn on to a set repairs that. While normally, I would probably never run Dark Gem or Faint Attack on Sawsbuck, it does get by its usual counters of Drifblim and Haunter. I could see it doing decently well competitively, and it does beat its counters.

so yeah. Mylo Xyloto

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
Tiffanyy: 4
FLCL: 10
Hot N Cold: 3
Shuckleking87: 1
Mylo Xyloto: 1

FLCL wins again with his Sawsbuck, WHAT A SURPRISE. (Except it isn't!!)

The next mon is...

centipede

NU has no sets listed for Scolipede so every set would technically be "free for all". However, due to this project existing to inspire creativity and thinking outside of the box, any Scolipede sets that are listed on-site for RU cannot be posted here. Since Scolipede is in almost every team right now, there's lots of different things that can come to mind, so I'm hopeful there's a lot of creativity this round due to how awesome this bug is. You have three days!

Revenge Killer
Scolipede @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
Swarm
90hp / 252atk / 160 spe
-Megahorn
-Aqua Tail
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

With the new drops to NU, I've seen Primeape gain some popularity as a Choice Scarf user. However, I've noticed its major flaw is being unable to outspeed Charizard, a common scarfer. However, with Scolipede's blazing base 112 speed, combined with a Choice Scarf, he can easily outspeed Charizard with EVs to spare, which enhance his decent Physical bulk, giving more switch-in opportunities. The attacking moves make the most of Scolipede's limited physical movepool: Megahorn is obvious STAB which is quite deadly when boosted by Swarm, Aqua Tail and Earthquake are there to hit rock and steel types, while Rock Slide is your best option against flying foes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)