Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehy

Banned deucer.
tehy's is standard and is in the analysis .-.

only different thing is hes slightly bulkier
Sorry i made the set before the analysis got written .-.

Edit: the analysis set is max speed and no lefties, so my set is fairly different. Fine it's not subbu different but jeez, it is not standard

Lepper, you probably dont see mold breaker because ladder doesn't use quagsire( or stall really) but i prefer to beat good players so yea

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cheek Pouch wins! assumed Molk was gonna do this too, but he must have forgot o.o

The Next Pokemon up for nominations will be:

Serperior! seems pretty relevant as the suspect is impending, you have 72 hours (actually more probably)

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wow 2 weeks in a row :)

Will edit a SubSD Set later bc I can guarantee the sets will be Sub/Leaf Storm/Filler/Filler or all out attackers lol

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There is literally no reason to not run Contrary Leafstorm on any set. SD is just horribly outclassed by other attackers in the tier.

Underwhelming (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gastro Acid / Giga Drain / Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Tail

So Serperior is going to be forcing a lot of switches into things to try and check / wall it. Dragon Tail is used in combination with Spike stacking to wrack up damage to the point where Serperior can use Gastro Acid on the switch and then KO Bouff with Leaf Storm and proceed to sweep. Dragon Tail can also be used with Giga Drain and Dragon Pulse to wear down switch-ins like Specially Defensive Registeel to the point where HP Fire will KO them.

A nice customizable mon, should see a lot of unique sets.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There is literally no reason to not run Contrary Leafstorm on any set. SD is just horribly outclassed by other attackers in the tier.

Underwhelming (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Gastro Acid / Giga Drain / Dragon Pulse
- Dragon Tail

So Serperior is going to be forcing a lot of switches into things to try and check / wall it. Dragon Tail is used in combination with Spike stacking to wrack up damage to the point where Serperior can use Gastro Acid on the switch and then KO Bouff with Leaf Storm and proceed to sweep. Dragon Tail can also be used with Giga Drain and Dragon Pulse to wear down switch-ins like Specially Defensive Registeel to the point where HP Fire will KO them.

A nice customizable mon, should see a lot of unique sets.
Smh it gets Gastro Acid +1 to this set then.

The Leprechaun

wear nike not fila
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Serperior @ Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [rock]

I don't really know what's standard right now :/

Idea of this set is to destroy all the checks to standard serperior which include golbat, fletchinder, moltres, delphox and houndoom and cripple a few others like bronzong, registeel and amoonguss. The way it works against defensive mons can take a few turns - for example, it can lure golbat in the first time you switch it in, allowing you to knock off its eviolite and then proceed to whittle it a lot more with other mons. Then the next time golbat comes in, it gets easily taken out by a +2 hp rock. Of course it can still be revenge killed but any fire type that switches into serp is at risk of taking an hp rock which or annoying knock off.

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse

Serperior doesn't always need the power boost from LO and AV can help it take random HP Ices from Jolteon while outlasting Mega Sceptile.

Additionally:
252 SpA Moltres Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Serperior: 246-290 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scarf Moltres can't revenge kill 100% AV serperior.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse / Giga Drain
- Glare

Pokemon like Choice Scarf Moltres and Mega Sceptile can safely switch into Leaf Storm, and outspeed poor Serperior. Using Glare on the predicted switch effectively cripples them, and is nice even if they predict a Hidden Power and send in something else, because nothing likes the paralysis. It can also paralyze Ground-types, but I don't know why you'd want to switch one into Serperior.

Holiday

on my best behavior
Idk what to bold lol.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Dragon Pulse

Aight so SD Serp is actually garbage so I went with this (idk if this is standard or not) but basically Sub up on shit you force out and hit them with Leaf Broke... Broke Storm? Broke Broke!!! Synthesis is probs the "NBT" move, letting you heal off Sub + LO damage and Dragon Pulse is coverage.

This is a weird mon to do bc its not only being suspected but all these sets boil down to Leaf Storm/Dragon Pulse/filler/filler but that AV set looks fresh as fuck.

Im a Loyal Hoe (Serperior) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Glare
- Synthesis

Serperior doesn`t have to be its speedy leaf stormy self,it can have both power and bulk,its not like it`s super slow anyways,base 113 speed is pretty fast.Plus,this set allows it to gain HP,slow down opponents,and just do a lot of damage every time it makes a move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)