Project The Next Best Thing (New thread is newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Spiritomb @ Custap Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

[03:19] <@Spirit> d01
[03:19] <@Spirit> rate
[03:19] <@Spirit> custap dbond tomb
[03:19] <Double01> lmao
[03:19] <Double01> uhh
[03:19] <Double01> hm
[03:19] <Double01> i suppose it could work
[03:19] <Double01> but
[03:20] <Double01> tomb wouldnt be able to pursuit trap
[03:20] <Double01> with out dark glasses
[03:20] <Double01> so
[03:20] <@Spirit> eh
[03:20] <@Spirit> it can do fine
[03:20] <@Spirit> w/leftovers
[03:20] <@Spirit> tbh
[03:20] <Double01> i suppose
[03:20] <@Spirit> but come on
[03:20] <@Spirit> imagine
[03:20] <@Spirit> this end game scenario
[03:20] <@Spirit> ur tangrowth just died to scarf molts which is at 90
[03:20] <@Spirit> and all u have
[03:20] <@Spirit> is a 24% tomb left
[03:21] <@Spirit> custap activates
[03:21] <@Spirit> and u d-bond
[03:21] <@Spirit> ftw

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Spiritomb @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Sneak
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Grass

Basically fuck spinners. You outrun adamant lee and kabutops, hp grass ohkos all non av kabu and can do a decent chunk to av. Psychic + sneak + one lo damage will kill hitmonlee, and getting lee into ko range for psychic (252 SpA Spiritomb Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hitmonlee: 144-170 (59.7 - 70.5%)) isnt that hard. This is bad at everything other than spinblocking but who cares gotta keep hazards man.

tehy

Banned deucer.
this set is the least joke of all the sets to the point it's legitimately usable

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Dark Pulse

K so i know what you're thinking, not a *great* wincon or wall. However, this set attempts to mix both, being a great check to stuff like Hitmonlee and SD Cobalion, and generally physical stuff (medicham too). Meanwhile, it sweeps on the side. You can reveal CM to lure in physical shit, then WoW it to aid your sweep, and just generally spread burns to sweep later on.

Anyhow what this set is arguably outclassed by is doublade!! but i've found it to be pretty good because it can also spread burn in general and absorb status to an extent, while also taking on enemy doublades nicely. I call it JankTomb.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses / Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento

Oh ya, I was gonna post a set, basically what his Spiritomb does pretty much the same as the common offensive support set, with a much more specialized 4th moveslot. What this Spiritomb does is pair up perfectly with Belly Drum Slurpuff by fucking up Pokemon that like to try to deal with Slurpuff. Opponent has a Bronzong preventing your Slurpuff from sweeping? Pursuit it, now it is OHKOed by a +6 Drain Punch. Golbat getting on your nerves? Will-O-Wisp makes it super easy to wear down (also Pursuit + Rocks is probably enough as well, too lazy to calc zzzz). Sucker Punch also allows Spiritomb to deal with the opponents offensive Pokemon that could otherwise prevent puff from setting up. Once Spiritomb has done its job (Pursuit trapping something, Wisping something, etc.) it can use Memento to support a teammate looking to set up and sweep the opponent, Slurpuff just seems like the best option to me, but I'm sure there are other Pokemon that also appreciate Memento support (plus this moveslot is just filler anyways).

tehy

Banned deucer.
Mine is only a joke set in the sense that it was a key member on the team i used to get to #1 on the ladder

Atomicllamas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)