SM UU The Night Sirens (Research Week #16 Team)

Hey, RMTians, Rawbi here with a team I used this past UU Research Week. I want to post this here because it's given me a lot of success (peaked 1466 before running into PIF's stall :v ) and utilizes two mons more common in RU.

The overall flavor of the team is offense, offense, offense. Specs Kommo-o is the research mon in question, and I built around its ability to smash teams open with its great type coverage. Please enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------​

Behind The Smoke (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock -- The all but necessary field hazard.
- Earthquake -- Important to have at least one attacking move on something that's easily Taunted.
- Slack Off -- Keeps Hippo alive.
- Toxic -- Puts a timer on set-up attempts and switch-ins.

The bulkiest member of the team, Hippowdon is here to take pressure off his teammates. He takes a more passive route to wearing down opponents. By laying down Rocks, spreading Toxic, and refusing to die due to massive defenses and reliable recovery, he provides a defensive backbone. There are times I would like to have Whirlwind too, but these four moves are usually all he needs.

Martian Sea (Crawdaunt) (F) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer -- Crawdaunt's strongest move by far.
- Knock Off -- A great utility move that has good synergy with Water attacks.
- Aqua Jet -- Though the base power is somewhat weak, Adaptability + Plate makes this a useful priority move.
- Swords Dance -- MORE POWAH

Crawdaunt forms one half of the Darkspam core. In early and mid-game, her job is to Knock Off items, but she truly shines in late game. Oftentimes I try to keep her at least alive so she can set up a Swords Dance and sweep a weakened team. I chose Splash Plate over Life Orb because it boosts two of her moves, bluffs a Choice item, and doesn't have recoil, which otherwise would sharply decrease her survivability.

Anything But Love (Bisharp) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off -- Bisharp's move of choice, doing immense damage if holding an item.
- Sucker Punch -- Strong priority.
- Pursuit -- Useful for KOing weak Psychics and Ghosts as well as damaging switching opponents.
- Iron Head -- STAB and Fairy removal.

The second half of the Darkspam core. Assault Vest Bisharp is my answer to special Dragons, especially Latias. This is one of my revenge killers, utilizing Sucker Punch to pick off weakened foes. Pursuit honestly doesn't see much use, but as most Bisharp run Swords Dance over it, it can catch someone off-guard.

Inca Terra (Kommo-o) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Clanging Scales -- Very spammable STAB, since it doesn't neuter your own SpAtk.
- Focus Blast -- Steel removal Part 1, and secondary STAB.
- Flash Cannon -- Wards off (most) Fairies.
- Flamethrower -- Steel removal Part 2.

The star of the show! Kommo-o has some things that set it apart from its special-attacking Dragon siblings. It's all-around bulk, three useful abilities, and type coverage make it a threat few teams are prepared for. Personally I'd rather use Overcoat, but Bulletproof was a research requisite :v

Skeleton Gallery (Gengar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball -- STAB.
- Sludge Wave -- More STAB.
- Dazzling Gleam -- Fighting and Hydreigon removal.
- Trick -- Wall crippling.

Sometimes a fast threat faints somebody. The answer to that is bringing in something even faster. Scarf Gengar is my primary revenge killer, capable of outspeeding even boosted foes. Though it lacks the power of Life Orb or Specs, Sludge Wave or Shadow Ball are usually enough to do the trick. Speaking of which, should my opponent lack said fast threat, Gengar can still be annoying by handing off her Scarf.

The Gift (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare -- A mighty nuke with an unfortunately unreliable debuff.
- Dazzling Gleam -- Prevents Dragons from completely walling me.
- Hidden Power [Fire] -- Scizor removal.
- Healing Wish -- The ace in the hole, sacrificing Shaymin to fully heal a teammate.

Another RU critter who's unused to seeing the spotlight. Shaymin's purpose is two-fold. One: LO Seed Flare is very strong and a huge threat to bulky Waters who'd otherwise be a headache. Two: Healing Wish. With a team as offensive-minded as this one, it's a boon to be able to bring weakened mons back to life.

--------------------------------------------------------------​

Threats:

Nothing on my team can safely switch into Primarina. It's also hard to KO cleanly if it runs a bulky set.
Stall is also a big problem. With only one set-up sweeper and no hazards besides Rocks, it's very hard to break through.

There are probably more but they're not coming to mind! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Martian Sea (Crawdaunt) (F) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Behind The Smoke (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Skeleton Gallery (Gengar) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Anything But Love (Bisharp) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Inca Terra (Kommo-o) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

The Gift (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The team isn't perfect, and I'd love to hear suggestions. Feel free to use it, and I hope you have fun utilizing Kommo-o!

Reactions: ehT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)