The Offensive Push [OU RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Quick Glance:

Introduction:

Yo. I don't think anyone really knows who I am, and that's cool, lol. Anyway, I posted another team some time ago, and it didn't get too many rates. This time, I'm actually using the Pokemon that I enjoy, rather than throwing powerful OU Pokemon together. From the look of this team, and the title, you may question my Pokemon choices. Believe me, these guys fit the kind of team I've been searching for. The point of this team is to overwhelm the opponent, and to be as offensive as possible. This is my version of an offensive team. Also keep in mind, this team is for the use of WiFi, for the most part. It is used on Shoddy, but not as much.​

A Little More Insight:

Well, through some testing, I had to replace one Pokemon, which was previously Celebi. I ran a bit of a modified Tinkerbell set, using more speed to outrun other Celebi, and a tad more bulk. For some reason, Celebi barely pulled its weight, and I felt like it'd be better completely erased from the team. That's when I wondered about Gengar. Since that replacement, the team functions much better, in the sense that I push the opponent more. I don't want to go too in-depth now, because I have barely scratched the surface of the team members individually.

A Separate Look:

Swampert

Torrent l Relaxed
252 HP / 220 Def / 32 SpAtk / 4 Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Roar​

Don't know if anyone read my last RMT, but Swampert was also the lead for that team. I don't know why, but my teams always work better when Swampert is leading it. I've always liked him because of his natural bulk, and his ability to always get rocks up, for the most part. Along with his joint typing of Ground and Water, Swampert can take damage, and dish it out. Oh, leftovers is on Pert simply because I like HP recovery, lol.​

The EV spread and nature were copied from the Smogon analysis page. I added four speed EV's just to outrun other Swampert. The moveset is pretty standard as well. I run mixed because Earthquake and Ice Beam simply run well together. If I ran Ice Punch > Ice Beam, I'd dish less damage to Gliscor and even Latias. Also, Ice Beam takes Salamence off his pedestal, and hits him down to a critical point. Stealth Rocks create a well needed entry hazard for my team, weaking Gyarados, who can be an ass for my team, as well as Mence.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salamence

Intimidate l Naive
16 Attack / 240 SpAtk / 252 Speed
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake​

How can an offensive team function without the use of Salamence? With his ability to lower his opponent's attack stat, and also stop fighting moves in their tracks, he's a vital asset to a team strategically. To add, he's able to dish out attacks from various types, and from both attack spectrums. His EV Spread is the standard one from the analysis, once again, as well as his nature. Max speed is necessary to outrun, or tie other Mence, as well as to outrun Jolly Luke, Gliscor, etcetc. The nature is Naive, rather than Hasty, because with all the Banded Scizors running around, why would I want to cripple my physical defense further?​

The moveset is pretty standard too. Dual dragon attacks allow me to attack from the physical or special end, and to utilize his monstrous attack stats further. Also, Outrage usually follows Draco Meteor if I need another strong attack, simply because DM lowers my SpAtk. Fire Blast is to cover steels (...Scizor...), and Earthquake is to clean up the rest of the competition. Mence fits my offensive theme because well...he's strong...? No really, he does pack the punch I need, and hits almost everything in this metagame for frightening damage with his Life Orb.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gengar

Levitate l Timid
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power: Ground
- Trick​

Had to include my 1st Generation favorite, didn't I? Well, thankfully, he fits in perfectly. Originally, Tinkerbell Celebi was in this slot. As I battled on Shoddy ladder, I felt like Celebi wasn't pulling its weight, and really didn't pack enough of a punch. Although it did spread paralysis through my opponent's team, it just didn't seem right to me. That' when I started thinking of other special attackers. Honestly, I was thinking of using Zapdos, but I hate using too many Pokes weak to SR. Another thought that came into my mind was Starmie, but I didn't want to use three water types. Gengar then came to mind, and he stayed.​

This is a standard Choice Scarf Gengar, with a twist here and there. Choice Scarf allows me to outrun Gyara after a DD, and revenge it with TBolt. Also, I outrun Mence, Latias, and many other threats to my team. The EV's are used so my speed is fully maxed out, and my special attack is as high as it could be. My moveset is fairly simple as well. Shadow Ball is to abuse its STAB, and to hit Latias pretty hard when needed, as well as opposing Gars. TBolt is mainly used to hit Gyara, as stated previously, and Trick is to cripple another Pokemon (mainly a wall), by giving it an item useless to them. Now, the final move. You may be wondering why I use Hidden Power: Ground, and I expected that. I just dislike Focus Blast with a passion, and in my eyes, it's very unreliable. Hidden Power allows me to hit Heatran for x4 damage, which is win, as well as other fires and steels, yay. I was thinking about Hidden Power: Fire, but I'd never keep Gar in when Scizor comes out to play.​

Snorlax

Thick Fat l Adamant
16 HP / 252 Attack / 44 Defense / 192 SpDef / 4 Speed
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Selfdestruct​

This Pokemon is another one of my favorites from the olden days. Snorlax is just epic in his own way, isn't he? I run CurseLax in most of my teams, but I felt like it didn't fit well here. What can I do to fix that? Make it an offensive BEAST. Now, you may ask why I don't have a faster Pokemon for an offensive team. Actually, I think Snorlax fits better than a fast threat. He has bulk on his side to absorb special attacks for most of my Pokemon (Gyara, Mence, Gar), and can hit their threats for Super Effective damage. I didn't hesitate to put him in, with a new set though, of course.​

I thank Delta 2777 for the EV Spread, because it works like a beast. It maxes out Snorlax's attack stat, which makes it 350, and it also keeps its ability to absorb special end attacks for me. Believe it or not, this spread lead Lax to be my MVP. No one expects it to be a hard hitter, and a wall.​

The moveset is the fun part of him. Body Slam is there for obvious STAB, and for the high paralysis chance, which I love, and abuse. I chose it over Return because of that. Next, Earthquake lets me hit the rarely seen Tentacruel, as well as Jolteon, Heatran, Metagross, and so on. Fire Punch is next up, to hit Scizor for x4 damage, and an automatic KO w/ rocks up, I believe. Finally, Selfdestruct is there again because of STAB, and believe me, no one expects it. I rip enemy Suicunes apart all the time, and don't get me started on Latias.​

Jirachi

Serene Grace l Timid
252 HP / 76 SpAtk / 180 Speed
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Substitute​

Wow, something besides Mixed Infernape can beat Skarm Bliss, and with such ease. I always wanted to use this set, ever since RaikouLover made me test a team for him, lol. Anyway, during that time, I actually LOVED this Jirachi, and the fact that with two Calm Minds under its belt, I was able to even handle Heatran and rape it easily. I thought, hey, I'm running an offensive team, and I AM in need of a better special sweeper, and look what fits in!!​

Well, a little more in depth now. Jirachi has bulk and a punch. Its EV spread was made to outrun other Jirachi that normally run 176 Speed, and to maximize its HP, which is always nice. The rest just went into its SpAtk to help Jirachi do its job. I only playtested the spread for about one or two battles but in those, Jirachi worked well, and did its job.​

Now, the moveset. Calm Mind is obvious. I needed him to be able to raise his special stats, and raise its already decent SpAtk stat, as well as his SpDef. Of course, I needed Substitute now, as a shield of sorts. Prediction is my specialty, and I know when to use a Substitute. A free sub means Jirachi gets a CM, which allows the Sub a better chance to survive a special attack. Next, I had to throw Thunderbolt on him, in order to check Gyarados efficiently, and hitting Starmie and Suicune doesn't hurt either. Finally, Flash Cannon is used over Psychic because it's his better STAB type, and second, raping TTar is kinda a priority, while still hitting Celebi and Latias for neutral damage.​

Gyarados

Intimidate l Adamant
180 HP / 116 Attack / 212 Speed
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt​

My final Poke, and a familiar one as well. Mostly everyone uses Gyarados, and abuses the hell out of his awesomeness. I am no exception. I love using Gyarados as another intimidater, and another physical threat. No wonder this Pokemon is in the top ten most used section.​

Anyway, onto an analysis. He's holding leftover rather than Life Orb to allow him to survive further, and to take more hits. I take a huge hit there, but I'd rather have him stick around longer rather than hit harder. To be honest, I have no idea who I got the EV Spread from, so I cannot give anyone credit, not even myself. I know I got it from someone's team, lol. Thank God though, since this spread provides survivability, bulk, and power all in one. It hits 376 HP, which give it awesome survival skills, and 246 Speed, I believe, or something close to that, in order to outrun Jolly TTar, and many other things after one Dragon Dance. Finally, the rest is dumped into attack to actually make it a threat for an offense team.​

The moveset is pretty self-explanitory. Waterfall is to abuse its STAB, and to provide the power to clean up teams. Stone Edge is there to hit opposing Gyarados, Zapdos, and Mence for S.E. damage, and Vaporeon for neutral. Dragon Dance is pretty vital on Gyarados in order to give it more of a threatening appearance. Finally, Taunt means they cannot afflict me with status, and they cannot set up Spikes, which rape me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Closing:

Well guys, that's all. Thanks for taking the time to actually read through the whole thing (hopefully), and help improve my team. This took me a decent amount of time to create, so enjoy lol. Feel free to tell me any improvements that may go through your mind, or any Pokemon that you feel should be replaced.​

I feel like I finally made a team that I was able to utilize my all around favorite Pokemon, and also create a more bulky, yet offensive team. So far, the team is very successful, and only has about three-four losses to its name. As said, Snorlax seems to always be the MVP of the team easily.​

Credit goes to Smogon Analysis pages for the sets/spreads, Delta 2777 for the Snorlax EV Spread, and various websites for the sprites that I used.​

Final Glance:

Hi there, just to point out a few things, if sub-cune got up a sub plus like 2-4 calm minds, its basically GG. It could set up on swampert or snorlax. It ice beams salamence it dies. Surfs infernape. Surfs swampert for a 2HKO, gengar OHKO, Ice beam gyarados for 2HKO. But your swampert could just roar it away, so i guess it would be okay. But im just saying, a bulky water could hurt your team, but besides that you've got a terrific team.

Hi there, just to point out a few things, if sub-cune got up a sub plus like 2-4 calm minds, its basically GG. It could set up on swampert or snorlax. It ice beams salamence it dies. Surfs infernape. Surfs swampert for a 2HKO, gengar OHKO, Ice beam gyarados for 2HKO. But your swampert could just roar it away, so i guess it would be okay. But im just saying, a bulky water could hurt your team, but besides that you've got a terrific team.
Subcune could never set up on this team, its too slow. You mention it setting up on Swampert or Snorlax. Roar on Swampert gets rid of that threat and Snorlax could either use Body Slam or Self-Destruct, both who's powers aren't effected by any calm mind.
Anyway this is a great team, though I would recommend this Gengar set over the one you currently have:
Gengar @ Leftovers
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Shadow Ball
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Fire
This set is great-it's the set I use. I know you have an aversion to using Focus Blast, but it really is a great move. It OHKO's Lucario who typically try to come in and KO you with Crunch. It deals with T-Tar and Heatran. HP:Fire definitely is great. Many people who run Scizor and see the leftovers, expect Gengar to retreat and instead of Bullet Punch, they use Pursuit, allowing you to OHKO with HP: Fire.

Your team has a gigantic weakness to dragon attacks.

Dragons and steels are everywhere in this metagame, and with Gengar really your main hope of stopping DD Mence, your team could struggle
to fix this, and to help keep with the offensive nature of your team, i suggest a Metagross as a lead in place of Swampert. The set i suggest is:

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Adamant
236 HP/252 Atk/20 Spd
-SR
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Explosion

This lead starts the ball rolling in a more offensive manner than your Swampert, whilst still retaining most of the overall bulk. As your team really doesn't like the presence of spikes, it prevents leads like Roserade and Smeargle from setting up on you. Also a well timed explosion can provide a free switch in for your Mence to wreak some havoc. This lead also adds a dragon resist, and some much needed priority to your team. This may open up a potential DDtar weakness, but Meta can still survive a Fire Punch/EQ with reasonable health for the OHKO/2KO(babiri).

Meteor Mash is chosen over EQ for the higher damage output, and the possibility of catching attack raises to put some dints into the opponents team. Also, without Occa Berry, this Metagross will most likely not get an attack on opposing fire types anyways.

Also, as much as you hate Focus Blast on Gengar, it is still a superior option on Gengar for coverage, providing revenge kills on Lucario, +1 DDtar, and various steels, while still covering Heatran and co.

Good luck with the team

I just dislike Focus Blast with a passion, and in my eyes, it's very unreliable. Hidden Power allows me to hit Heatran for x4 damage, which is win, as well as other fires and steels, yay. I was thinking about Hidden Power: Fire, but I'd never keep Gar in when Scizor comes out to play.
Well, Focus Blast'll help you against DDance Tyranitar. It's unreliable, but looks necessary to me. Why do you need to hit Heatran 4x, when you have Snorlax & Swampert & Gyarados.
Also, most Scizor have Pursuit, and I personally always Pursuit a Gengar if I don't see Life Orb/Leftovers/Black Sludge or whatever
I think you should also consider using HP Ice on Gengar, for insurance vs things like DD Salamence & DD Nite
Oh, and why do you need 4 Speed EVs on Snorlax?

Good luck with your team

pokemon- Thanks for the compliment man, it's appreciated. Honestly, Cune has NEVER been able to set up on me. Snorlax packs a shitload of enough power to take it down at anytime. Also, I usually blow up on it with Lax if he already scored a K.O. or 2.

xXxNovaXxXx- Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, that set looks like it's worth a go. Thanks for saying it's a great team, it's appreciated as well. BTW is Focus Blast an automatic OHKO w/o Rocks up?

Omega Phoenix- I really don't see too much of a dragon/steel weakness. Gyarados, Infernape, and Swampert eat steel types up, and take their attacks. I may try Metagross, but I was also thinking of adding SubCMJirachi somewhere in here, and if I do, Pert stays.

luungoc2005- I'm trying the set for Gar that Nova suggested for Gar, so let's see how it goes. Also, HP Ice isn't need IMHO. Finally, Lax runs 4 Speed EVs in order to outrun other Lax that do not run any. It's for insurance.

xXxNovaXxXx- Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, that set looks like it's worth a go. Thanks for saying it's a great team, it's appreciated as well. BTW is Focus Blast an automatic OHKO w/o Rocks up?
On Lucario? Yes if that is who you're talking about. It OHKO's most T-tar's and OHKO's Heatran also.

You should run SubCM-rachi over Mix-Ape because it gives you a set up sweeper. Though the only concern is phazers but you should be able to beat those before Jirachi comes in as a late game sweeper.

For your SubCm jirachi, run flash cannon over psychic for tyranitars, celebis and latiases. Thunderbolt can get rid of opposing gyaradoses that wanna taunt you.

Also on your snorlax, why do you have 4 speed evs? Snorlax isnt going to be outrunning anything, so they're useless, put the 4 evs into Hp or Defense.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
You should run SubCM-rachi over Mix-Ape because it gives you a set up sweeper. Though the only concern is phazers but you should be able to beat those before Jirachi comes in as a late game sweeper.

For your SubCm jirachi, run flash cannon over psychic for tyranitars, celebis and latiases. Thunderbolt can get rid of opposing gyaradoses that wanna taunt you.

Also on your snorlax, why do you have 4 speed evs? Snorlax isnt going to be outrunning anything, so they're useless, put the 4 evs into Hp or Defense.
I advise strongly against running SubCM-Rachi, especially over Mix-Ape. The lack of Infernape will leave him without a reliable Blissey killer. Sure he has Gyarados (Which is also a set-up sweeper by the way) but with ThunderWave fairly common on Blissey, Gyardos gets crippled easily.

I advise strongly against running SubCM-Rachi, especially over Mix-Ape. The lack of Infernape will leave him without a reliable Blissey killer. Sure he has Gyarados (Which is also a set-up sweeper by the way) but with ThunderWave fairly common on Blissey, Gyardos gets crippled easily.
That's too valid of a point. If TWave is so common, my Ape will get hit by it, not just Jirachi. Regardless, if Smogon has more common sense than I believe it does, Mr. Chomp will be on this team sooner than I think.

I don't really think killing Blissey is a problem at all, she doesn't wall anything on this team other than Gengar who can screw her with Trick.

The main concern I have is about Jirachi and Swampert not fitting in on this style of team. Salamence, Gengar, Snorlax, and Gengar just keep hitting and hitting and hitting, but Swampert leaves you vulnerable to set-up from other Gyarados, for whom Gengar is only a one time "check." Gengar being a Scarfer in itself will leave your team vulnerable to set-ups. Other than that, I think I liked Infernape more in the original spot as a cleaner, but you are definately in need of something with set-up. Maybe Swords Dance or Nasty Plot Ape?

Agammemnon

A wild Zubat appears!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi !
I can suggest a Gengar of my own, which works perfectly =)

Gilgamesh (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP/68 Spd/82 SAtk/116 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

The EV spread may seem strange, but I'm going to explain it :)
591 Atk vs 156 Def & 322 HP (90 Base Power): 244 - 288 (75.78% - 89.44%)
As you can see, this Gengar ALWAYS resist a Banded scizor Bullet punch Without SR, and has 15.38% chances of OHKOing factoring SR.
Also, HP Fire is a OHKO on the standard Scizor (252 HP/252 Attack)
Gengar reaches 448 speed, while Scarf Timid Rotom appliances reach.... 447.
I think I can remember that it also resists a Modest Rotom Shadow Ball 100% of the time, with at least 1 HP left (Not factoring SR) so it can 2HKO it.

Thunderbolt is here for Gyarados, obviously, since you need to kill it.
Jolly Gyarados reaches 429 speed after a DD, so you still outspeed it :)

Destiny Bond is here as a "last kill" and really works.
When your opponent brings a T-Tar, he always thinks he'll catch you with Pursuit, but with Destiny Bond he's a bit ... Confused ;)

Hi !
I can suggest a Gengar of my own, which works perfectly =)

Gilgamesh (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 244 HP/68 Spd/82 SAtk/116 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

The EV spread may seem strange, but I'm going to explain it :)
591 Atk vs 156 Def & 322 HP (90 Base Power): 244 - 288 (75.78% - 89.44%)
As you can see, this Gengar ALWAYS resist a Banded scizor Bullet punch Without SR, and has 15.38% chances of OHKOing factoring SR.
Also, HP Fire is a OHKO on the standard Scizor (252 HP/252 Attack)
Gengar reaches 448 speed, while Scarf Timid Rotom appliances reach.... 447.
I think I can remember that it also resists a Modest Rotom Shadow Ball 100% of the time, with at least 1 HP left (Not factoring SR) so it can 2HKO it.

Thunderbolt is here for Gyarados, obviously, since you need to kill it.
Jolly Gyarados reaches 429 speed after a DD, so you still outspeed it :)

Destiny Bond is here as a "last kill" and really works.
When your opponent brings a T-Tar, he always thinks he'll catch you with Pursuit, but with Destiny Bond he's a bit ... Confused ;)
While that set is ok, it does ruin the 2 main strengths of Gengar-its speed and SpAtt. These allow Gengar to deal with almost anything except for Pokémon that are faster.
Gengar in my opinion is too frail to deal with any hits. Since SR is almost always in play, the EV's to block the OHKO from Bullet Punch are pointless. Plus you have those EV's in SPDef and if you were trying to block the OHKO from Bullet Punch, why aren't those EV's in Def? Running these EV's against a standard Choice Band Scizor you get this spread when attacking with HP Fire:
Min:329
Avg: 358
Max:387
Scizor will sometimes be able to avoid you OHKOing it, especially depending on the IV's Gengar has. This allows Scizor to 2HKO with Bullet Punch without SR (not sure with SR). Pursuit will OHKO 100% of the time, so this set seems useless.

Ehh, for now, I'm keeping the CS Gengar. If anything, Gengar is coming out completely when Garchomp is selected to become OU, lol. ChainChomp or SD FTW.

I am going to rebump this because I want to re-use this team, just modify it up a tad. Anyone have any fixes they can think of?

Your team seems very solid. However I suggest a few things. Your only revenge killer is your Gengar. I don't know about WiFi but on shoddy almost every team packs TTar or CB Scizor. They can both come in after a revenge kill and pursuit your Gengar. Then later in the match they can bring in something like a NP Ape and sweep (First sweeper I found that can tear you up with no Gengar.) I would Scarf your Salamence because it doesn't hinder it much. Most of the time it'll end up having to switch after a kill anyway because alot of things faster can kill it with ease. Scarfing your mence will do a few things to your team. It wont get beat by Sweepers like NP Ape, Offensive DD Gyara, and DD Mix Nite (DD, Super Power, Fire Blast, Outrage) Theres also a few more sweepers that I'm too lazy to find :P that can probably hurt you alot more if you don't scarf it.

haunter

Banned deucer.
This thread has already had enough rates and is 2 months old. Other than that you didn't make any change to the team to justify a bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)