The OM Hub

All of the pages for specific metagames give a 404 error atm, might want to fix that. Also, how frequently will Other News be released?
Yes, we're working on this x_x. They are actually there, but the config is always hard to update. http://www.smogon.com/tiers/om/metagames/bh is how you get to them all, currently they're linked to http://www.smogon.com/tiers/om/bh, and I deleted all /om/bh and moved to /om/metagames/. Kinda hard to understand, but yes, we are trying to fix this n_n!

Other News will be out around the fifth of every month.

EV

Banned deucer.
Right now when we change the config we have to ask chaos to do it for us. I've tried to merge our updates to no avail so for now those pages are out of order.

Once again, really solid issue. Thanks for taking my suggestion from last month about the metagames' developments :)

Two things: 1) imas' promotion was left out, and 2) Flint was mispelled in the workshop section. Other than that, really nice.

EV

Banned deucer.
Once again, really solid issue. Thanks for taking my suggestion from last month about the metagames' developments :)

Two things: 1) imas' promotion was left out, and 2) Flint was mispelled in the workshop section. Other than that, really nice.
Imas was promoted in March, those promotions are from the preceding month. I'll correct Flint.

I don't know about others, but I'd love a gossip section. You know, underground news about who hates who or grudges, crushes and complaints and such.

I'd love to do an article like that for the next issue if given the heads up by our based General.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know about others, but I'd love a gossip section. You know, underground news about who hates who or grudges, crushes and complaints and such.

I'd love to do an article like that for the next issue if given the heads up by our based General.
I don't know exactly how this work, but I talked to Eevee General about this yesterday. Other News isn't really a webzine and just covers what happened in the previous month for users to read up as to what happened. It isn't really an actual webzine, nor is it permitted (I think?) to be one. So it's kinda a no-go to have a random article about things that didn't actually happen, especially if they're not true and might offend some users. (Since OMs is quite a small community and everyone knows each other)

Ask unfixable for a final opinion.

EV

Banned deucer.
With the release of our 3rd edition coming around the corner in a new format, we want to include a section where we feature voices from the community. We're going to call it "Letters to the Editor" (I'm sure you can guess why) and we encourage you all to let us know, well, what you're thinking!

Give us your opinions, your observations, your muses and the like. If you don't know what you want to write about, we have a topic for you:
  • Why do you play Other Metagames?

Send a 1000 word or less letter to me and unfixable in a PM. We're looking for well-written insightful, provocative, or humorous pieces and we'll feature our favorite in the upcoming edition. So if you have something to say, now's your chance to let the rest of the community know!

(Please no hate mail though. That should all go straight to The Immortal 's inbox.)

Also, don't forget to add me to the PM as well lol! It's alright to forget, Eevee adds me in afterwards, but please do it to limit his amount of work on that ^_^,

Hey guys! Eevee and I are adding two new members to our Staff for Other News. Without further ado, welcome Quarkz and f(x) to the Other News team! Quarkz will be heading HTML design, while f(x) is our art lead! Myself and Eevee will continue writing the webzine. Everyone give them a warm welcome and a nice congrats! :]

Eevee General said I posted this already, he's blind, I didn't >:I
So your post in Inside Scoop meant nothing? ?_? Who's blind now?
the public needs to know!

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Thanks to everyone who submitted a Letter to the Editor this month! After careful consideration, we've decided to run InfernapeTropius11 's letter. You can expect to see it when Issue 3 hits shelves soon.

Also, this issue has a brand-new layout. We (well mostly Quarkz ) worked very hard to give it a unique design, so we hope you all enjoy it! Expect to see a few new features as well and as always we welcome any feedback, so after the launch feel free to share your thoughts here.

I support Alphabet Cup Soup for actual metagame. That would be fun as hell. Some team ideas:
ACIDIC
MORTAL
ERRORS
GLITCH
SERVER
UNKIND
COMBOS
SHIELD
WEAPON

Reactions: EV

EV

Banned deucer.
Issue 4 is around the corner! Time to start writing your Letters to the Editor!

Give us your opinions, your observations, your muses and the like. If you don't know what you want to write about, we have a topic for you:
  • If you could change one thing about Other Metagames as a whole, what would it be?
Send a 1000 word or less letter to me and unfixable in a PM. We're looking for well-written insightful, provocative, or humorous pieces and we'll feature our favorite in the upcoming edition. So if you have something to say, now's your chance to let the rest of the community know!

And as always, send all hate-mail to The Immortal 's inbox!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)