Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch/Swords Dance

Azumarill's Advantages:

1. Better bulk Azumarill's bulk is really good for an offensive Pokemon and can easily take most neutral hits. Crawdaunt on the other hand, has the defenses of a wet tissue paper.

2. Better defensive typing Azumarill's Fairy typing gives it resistances to common Fighting and Dragon type moves. Crawdaunt on the other hand, doesn't gain any notable resistances over Azumarill considering even resists hits Crawdaunt hard.

3. Easier to sweep Azumarill has access to Belly Drum, while Crawdaunt only gets Swords Dance, which means Azumarill hits harder than Crawdaunt given 1 turn of set up, and also sets up more easily even considering the fact that it needs 50% of its HP to BD.

Crawdaunt's Advantages:

1. Hits harder Crawdaunt hits considerably harder with Knock Off and Crabhammer, allowing it to break walls more effective than Azumarill.

2. Better offensive typing Dark/Water is resisted by less common Pokemons than Fairy/Water, meaning that Crawdaunt can spam its STABs more often than Azumarill without getting walled, so it can rely less on prediction.

3. Ability to set up more than once Azumarill only has the opportunity to set up once so it only has only one chance to sweep. Crawdaunt is given more chances to attempt a sweep if forced out.

Conclusion:
Azumarill is generally a more defensive Crawdaunt, and being reliable in most cases given its better defensive capabilities. Crawdaunt on the other hand, works as a better wallbreaker for its raw power over Azumarill. When deciding between the 2, it is important to know what you need it for. If it is for the sake of having a physically offensive water type, use Azumarill; if it is for breaking walls for something else to sweep, or for punishing switches, then use Crawdaunt.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
escarlata Adding

Also, I would like somebody to do a comparison of Quagsire vs. Clefable as Unaware Users. I think it deserves to be there, but I don't have enough experience with either one to write it myself.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
escarlata Adding

Also, I would like somebody to do a comparison of Quagsire vs. Clefable as Unaware Users. I think it deserves to be there, but I don't have enough experience with either one to write it myself.
Before I do it, I'm just curious. Can I list more than one Clefable set, or do I just have to pick one? She has about 3 viable unaware sets that all play differently.

Mowtom

Before I do it, I'm just curious. Can I list more than one Clefable set, or do I just have to pick one? She has about 3 viable unaware sets that all play differently.
Go ahead and include as many sets for each of them as you like, just be sure to explain the differences between them!

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Quagsire vs. Clefable as Unaware Users

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

VS

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Wish / Moonlight
- Protect / Stealth Rock / Knock Off

OR

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Wish / Moonlight
- Protect / Stealth Rock / Knock Off

Quagsire's Advantages:

1. Physical Bulk: Quagsire's 95/85 physical bulk is much more impressive than Clefable's 95/73. It helps it take powerful neutral attacks much better.

2. Defensive Typing: I'm going to put this under both, as both typings are phenomenal. Quagsire's Water/Ground typing gives it four handy resistances (Fire, Rock, Steel, and Poison) and one immunity (Electric), while only leaving it with one, albeit 4x weakness, to the rare Grass. Its immunity, Electric, is also much more common than Clefable's immunity.

3. Worn Down Less By Hazards: Quagsire takes 6.25% of its HP from Stealth Rock, while Clefable takes 12.5%.

4. More Status: Quagsire uses a 90% accurate Toxic move and a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn. These allow it to wear down opposing walls and cripple opposing physical attackers, respectively.

5. Better Offensive Coverage: Clefable will always find itself walled by some Pokemon. However, Quagsire's Water / Ground coverage, combined with Toxic, is able to damage most all Pokemon at least neutrally. They won't hit extremely hard, but still restrict its checks and counters.

6. Better Recovery: Quagsire has a bread and butter, all around good recovery move. Clefable, on the other hand, has to rely on either WishProtect or Moonlight, each with its share of problems.

Clefable's Advantages:

1. Diversity: Quagsire has one viable set. Clefable has three viable unaware sets, as well as three viable Magic Guard sets. There's so much Clefable can do, and the opponent will not know exactly what set it's running until he faces it. Additionally, the opponent will often be reluctant to Toxic Clefable, as it may have Magic Guard as its ability.

2. Defensive Typing: Again, the defensive typings are both exceptional. Clefable, like Quagsire, has one immunity (Clefable's is Dragon), however, it has one less resistances (its are Bug, Fighting, and Dark), and one more Weakness (its are Steel and Poison). Despite being numerically worse than Quagsire, its resistances are more common than Quagsire's, and vise versa with its weaknesses.

3. More of a Team Player: Clefable can use Wish to heal its teammates, and Heal Bell to clear them, and it, of status.

4. More Overall Utility: Clefable can set up Stealth Rocks, which are very beneficial for any team. Additionally, its STAB move has a nice 30% change to lower the opponent's Special Attack one stage. It also has Knock Off, which is a useful crippling move.

5. More Mixed Defenses: Clefable's 95/90 special bulk is far superior to Quagsire's 95/65. With its bulk and typing, it can handle threatening Special Attackers much easier. If both are physically defensive, Quagsire's physical bulk will be better, while Clefable's special defense will be much greater. This allows it to be a better mixed defender.

6. Power: Clefable has base 95 Special Attack, as opposed to Quagsire's 85 Base Attack and 65 Base Special Attack. Clefable can be considered a sweeper and a wall, while Quagsire is only a wall.

Conclusion:
It's hard to recommend one over the other, when a) they're both so different, and b) are honestly meant to go together. Quagsire resists all of Clefable's weaknesses, while Clefable handles most/all Grass-types. Quagsire handles Scizor, Bisharp, and Mega Charizard-X, who all plow through Clefable. Clefable can cure Quagsire of its Toxic status, as well as take neutral Special Attacks much easier. Dual Unaware cores are very effective, and Clefable and Quagsire's interesting qualities both make up why. If you're forced to only use one, your choice should be rather obvious. If your team struggles against Steel-, Fire-, Electric-, Poison-, or Rock-types, use Quagsire, and if your team struggles against Dragon-, Fighting-, Bug-, Dark-types, or status and needs Stealth Rock, Paralysis, or Wish support, use Clefable. Just be prepared to work around the flaws of your choice. Seriously though, use them together; you'll never go back.

Last edited:
Diggersby vs Pinsir as Swords Dance users

Diggersby@Life Orb/Lum Berry
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Adamant Nature
-Return
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Quick Attack

Diggersby pros
  • Can actually swap into something if needed, since it takes only 6% damage from SR and Ghost and Electric immunities. Also means that can easily try to sweep more times if needed.
  • Doesn't take up a mega slot.
  • Immune to Thunder Wave.
  • Is more powerful. It has higher natural attack, not to mention the option of holding a Life Orb and the ability of running Adamant.
  • Quick Attack OHKOes Thundurus and other fast Electrics at +2. Return does the same for slow ones like Rotom-W and Zapdos.
  • Unpredictability. Diggersby can be also choice or Agility, not to mention the ability of running Wild Charge for beating Skarmory and Gengar on the switch. Although I would not use it, is still better than the complete inability of Pinsir of bypassing its checks other than the brute force of Return.
Diggersby cons
  • 78 base speed. Really huge con, as it forces Diggersby to use Quick Attack more often than it would want, while Pinsir can just nuke them with Return. It's the only Diggersby con, but it basically outweighs alone every Diggersby pro.

Pinsir@Pinsirite
Trait: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Return
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Quick Attack

Pinsir pros

• Better coverage. Nothing is straight up immune to Flying+Ground, and it hits super effectively more things. However, the STAB Combo is worse than Diggersby. STAB Bug is just awful and pairs badly with Flying, while Normal and Ground complement themself quite well.
  • While Normal Quick Attack OHKOes Thundurus, Flying Quick Attack does the same with Gengar.
  • IS FASTER. Like I said, it outweighs alone almost anything that Diggersby has to offer.
Pinsir cons

• Can't safely swap into anything because it's quad weak to Stealth Rocks. Because of this, it needs Spin/Defog support, limiting your team options.
  • Is vulnerable to Electric types, which are becoming very popular in today's metagame, while Diggersby doesn't give two shits.
  • Also has a worse time dealing with Skarmory because it's weak to Brave Bird, while Diggersby can comfortably 2HKO with +2 Return with little consequences if the Skarm is not running Whirlwind,
  • You will ALWAYS know its exact moveset.
Conclusion

While Diggersby seems overall a better Pokémon, Pinsir's higher base speed gives it a really huge edge that makes it actually the better choice in most cases.
However, Diggersby is a valid choice if you already run a Mega Pokémon and/or if you can't provide reliable antihazard support. You can also run both to plow through each other checks and counters. Pinsir wins here, but Diggersby is a very very close second.

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Let's bring this back from the dead!

Gengar vs. Mew as Stallbreakers

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 148 SpA / 84 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

VS

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Gengar's Advantages:

1. Speed: Gengar has a fully invested base 110 Speed to work with. Thus, it's able to get burns without taking a hit on things between the Breloom and Terrakion Speed tiers, something Mew cannot.

2. Defensive Typing: I'm going to put their typings under both, as both typings are reasons to use their respective Pokemon. Thanks to Levitate, Gengar has three immunities, which allow it to check various Pokemon, despite its frailty. Additionally, its typing provides a resistance to Fairy-, Grass-, and Poison-types moves, and so it is able to counter Clefable and Mega Venusaur. Gengar only has three weaknesses, apart from Mold Breaker Ground-type moves: Dark, Psychic, and Ghost. The last two Gengar hits super-effectively, so it doesn't have to worry too much about them.

3. Offensive Presence: Gengar has an effectively 120 BP move with great neutral coverage coming of 333 Special Attack, while Mew has a 97.5 or 65, depending on the situation, BP with equally great coverage coming off of 236 Attack. In terms of sheer damage, Gengar wins by a landslide.

Mew's Advantages:

1. Defensive Stats: Mew has 403/236/298 defensive stats, which are much superior to Gengar's 267/156/208 stats. Thanks to its bulk, it's able to avoid the 2HKO from powerful moves, like Landorus' Earth Power.

2. Defensive Typing: Additionally, like I said earlier, both Pokemon have typings that allow them to fulfill a niche. Mew's mono-Psychic type, I agree, is rather bland. However, it allows it to handle Mega Medicham very reliably, which is a high-in-demand role now. It only has two resistances, but likewise only has three weaknesses, two of which generally rely on weak moves that Mew can tank.

3. Knock Off:
While rather weak, Mew's Knock Off is able to cripple stall Pokemon reliant on an item (specially defensive Gliscor, Chansey, etc), and can also be crippling against offense, since it removes Life Orbs from Pokemon that need them for the power.

4. Recovery: Soft-Boiled is very useful for Mew, since it allows it to recover 50% of the damage it's taken during a match. It allows it to come in more often than Gengar, since Gengar has only the situational pain split for recovery.

Conclusion:
Overall, both Mew and Gengar are solid stallbreakers in the current metagame. However, Mew's ability to remove items from its opponents, as well as its ability to recover, superior bulk that lets it take neutral hits very well, and a typing that allows it to counter Mega Medicham often make it more worth the teamslot now. Don't get me wrong, Gengar's typing, Speed, and power still make it worth using; it's just that Mew is generally a more reliable stallbreaker now.

Last edited:
Let's bring this back from the dead!

Gengar vs. Mew as Stallbreakers

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 HP / 148 SpA / 88 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

VS

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Gengar's Advantages:

1. Speed: Gengar has a fully invested base 110 Speed to work with. Thus, it's able to get burns without taking a hit on things between the Breloom and Terrakion Speed tiers, something Mew cannot.

2. Defensive Typing: I'm going to put their typings under both, as both typings are reasons to use their respective Pokemon. Thanks to Levitate, Gengar has three immunities, which allow it to check various Pokemon, despite its frailty. Additionally, its typing provides a resistance to Fairy-, Grass-, and Poison-types moves, and so it is able to counter Clefable and Mega Venusaur. Gengar only has three weaknesses, apart from Mold Breaker Ground-type moves: Dark, Psychic, and Ghost. The last two Gengar hits super-effectively, so it doesn't have to worry too much about them.

3. Offensive Presence: Gengar has an effectively 120 BP move with great neutral coverage coming of 333 Special Attack, while Mew has a 97.5 or 65, depending on the situation, BP with equally great coverage coming off of 236 Attack. In terms of sheer damage, Gengar wins by a landslide.

Mew's Advantages:

1. Defensive Stats: Mew has 403/236/298 defensive stats, which are much superior to Gengar's 267/156/208 stats. Thanks to its bulk, it's able to avoid the 2HKO from powerful moves, like Landorus' Earth Power.

2. Defensive Typing: Additionally, like I said earlier, both Pokemon have typings that allow them to fulfill a niche. Mew's mono-Psychic type, I agree, is rather bland. However, it allows it to handle Mega Medicham very reliably, which is a high-in-demand role now. It only has two resistances, but likewise only has three weaknesses, two of which generally rely on weak moves that Mew can tank.
3. Knock Off: While rather weak, Mew's Knock Off is able to cripple stall Pokemon reliant on an item (specially defensive Gliscor, Chansey, etc), and can also be crippling against offense, since it removes Life Orbs from Pokemon that need them for the power.

4. Recovery: Soft-Boiled is very useful for Mew, since it allows it to recover 50% of the damage it's taken during a match. It allows it to come in more often than Gengar, since Gengar has only the situational pain split for recovery.

Conclusion:
Overall, both Mew and Gengar are solid stallbreakers in the current metagame. However, Mew's ability to remove items from its opponents, as well as its ability to recover, superior bulk that lets it take neutral hits very well, and a typing that allows it to counter Mega Medicham often make it more worth the teamslot now. Don't get me wrong, Gengar's typing, Speed, and power still make it worth using; it's just that Mew is generally a more reliable stallbreaker now.
I think you have an extra 4 EVs on Gengar. The optimal stallbreaker set is 28 HP/148 S Atk/ 80 S Def / 252 Spe. Don't forget to mention that most Chanseys can't touch Gengar as well as non Knock Off Gliscors. Thanks for bringing this thread back!

Last edited:

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Just a

I think you have an extra 4 EVs on Gengar the optimal stallbreaker set is 28 HP/148 S Atk/ 80 S Def / 252 Spe
Thanks for catching that. I changed your spread to 24 HP / 148 S Atk / 84 S Def / 252 Spe since I hate even HP numbers when they aren't divisible by 16 (268 isn't a lefties number). This spread still avoids its substitute being broken by Mega Venu, so I think it's basically the same.

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was thinking of making a Togekiss v. Clefable as Stallbreakers comparison. Is that one ok, or am I being weird at 1:30 AM? I don't have much experience with Clefable if I do end up writing it, so just be wary of stupid points.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
I was thinking of making a Togekiss v. Clefable as Stallbreakers comparison. Is that one ok, or am I being weird at 1:30 AM? I don't have much experience with Clefable if I do end up writing it, so just be wary of stupid points.
Well, Stall-breakers usually have Taunt and Will-o-wisp, and neither Clefable nor Togekiss have either, iirc. Both however are viable specially defensive Fairy-types, so maybe you could do a comparison with that role, and maybe include Sylveon as well :). Togekiss and Clefable can also both be setup sweepers, but since NP and CM are so different, idk if you could pull that off.

Croven

certified genius
Well, Stall-breakers usually have Taunt and Will-o-wisp, and neither Clefable nor Togekiss have either, iirc. Both however are viable specially defensive Fairy-types, so maybe you could do a comparison with that role, and maybe include Sylveon as well :). Togekiss and Clefable can also both be setup sweepers, but since NP and CM are so different, idk if you could pull that off.
Yeah, maybe Stallbreakers was the wrong word, but they can both do it, with (hue) flinchies, Heal Bell for Toge and Magic Guard and CM for Clef. But if it doesn't work, I might try a Mew v Celebi v Togekiss as Baton Passers comparison, as I'm interested in discussion about this.

Last note: Bear with me people, I want my first comparison to use Togekiss, as I feel it's slightly underrated in OU, and has a few niche roles. And please don't say 'it uses hax toge so bad omfg noob gtfo', I've run into that one too many times n_n And sorry for making this post turn into a rant, again, it's 1:45 in the morning and I don't feel like sleeping, so I decide to be a noob. Thanks to anyone who read this entire thing.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
Yeah, maybe Stallbreakers was the wrong word, but they can both do it, with (hue) flinchies, Heal Bell for Toge and Magic Guard and CM for Clef. But if it doesn't work, I might try a Mew v Celebi v Togekiss as Baton Passers comparison, as I'm interested in discussion about this.

Last note: Bear with me people, I want my first comparison to use Togekiss, as I feel it's slightly underrated in OU, and has a few niche roles. And please don't say 'it uses hax toge so bad omfg noob gtfo', I've run into that one too many times n_n And sorry for making this post turn into a rant, again, it's 1:45 in the morning and I don't feel like sleeping, so I decide to be a noob. Thanks to anyone who read this entire thing.
haha yeah I agree Toge is underrated. Baton Pass is one of its niches, so definitely post that! You could also include Scolipede and Sylveon, who have viable BP sets.

Croven

certified genius
haha yeah I agree Toge is underrated. Baton Pass is one of its niches, so definitely post that! You could also include Scolipede and Sylveon, who have viable BP sets.
Ok, thanks for your support Aragorn! I'll be sure to post it when I have the time to do so! ^.^ Cheers

Btw, forgot to say nice username. Aragorn's class is beyond my comprehension <.<

I think, as far as stall breakers go, that Mew simply outclasses Gengar. Gengar, in my opinion, is just too weak. Stall teams now carry damaging attacks, and Gengar has no reliable recovery against them. Essentially, Gengar gets worn down very easily. Mew, on the other hand, gets Softboiled and has decent bulk. This makes Mew difficult to wear down, as you generally need to predict the switch in and nail it with a Toxic.

EDIT: Aragorn the King I think if you want to compare two fast Stall Breakers, compare Gengar and Taunt+WoW Talonflame. Talonflame has the advantage of being completely unexpected, giving you the element of surprise against a stall team likely preparing for CB, Bulk Up, or SD. Talonflame also has Roost for reliable recovery. Keep in mind, however, that both are still very frail, and Mew still generally outclasses them against stall.

Last edited:
Would Sableye vs. Cofagrigus as defensive Ghost-types be OK?
I'm not entirely sure I'd classify Sableye as a "defensive" mon. His problem is that he can't reliably switch in to a lot, whereas Cof can. Sableye is more of a utility mon with Prankster WoW bolstering it's meager defensive capability.

Well, Stall-breakers usually have Taunt and Will-o-wisp, and neither Clefable nor Togekiss have either
While I agree that Togekiss and Clefable are not stallbreakers, your definition of stallbreaking is incorrect.
/
/

These are all stallbreakers. In fact, that is the main thing for which these three are known. They are such because they can just break stall cores with their great coverage and insane power. Yes, Gard can run Taunt and Will-o, but it shouldn't run both on the same set.

Mowtom

While I agree that Togekiss and Clefable are not stallbreakers, your definition of stallbreaking is incorrect.
/
/

These are all stallbreakers. In fact, that is the main thing for which these three are known. They are such because they can just break stall cores with their great coverage and insane power. Yes, Gard can run Taunt and Will-o, but it shouldn't run both on the same set.
No, those are wallbreakers. Aragorn the King is absolutely right as to what a stallbreaker is. His definition is the one this project uses.

Croven

certified genius
No, those are wallbreakers. Aragorn the King is absolutely right as to what a stallbreaker is. His definition is the one this project uses.
Yeah I was wrong in my definition. I just thought that Toge could Stallbreak from the analysis, which had a set titled Stallbreaker iirc. Taunt and WoW/Toxic is usually what stallbreaks.

Mowtom

Is that a difference in definition specific to this thread or on Smogon in general? Though I acknowledge that they're wallbreakers, they're often noted as stallbreakers as well.
Smogon in general. Ask any respected player.

Croven

certified genius
Ok, I'll make a slightly large one comparing the viable Baton Passers (besides Smeargle, because I'm not a big fan of Geomancy Pass :I), who are, unless I'm mistaken, Togekiss, Scolipede, Mew, and Celebi. If there are any more, just let me know and I'll edit the post.

First up, Togekiss.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
252 HP/240 SpD/16 Spe
Calm Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Baton Pass
-Air Slash
-Roost

Pros:
-Togekiss is really unpredictable, as most people expect a Nasty Plot sweeping set, or the infamous Paraflinch set; not many people realize that you're a Baton Passing Toge
-It can sweep/do heavy damage by itself, something that Mew and Celebi can't
-It mostly does this against stall, where even things like Skarmory, Chansey and Heatran get overwhelmed by the flinching rate and the power behind Togekiss's Air Slash.
-It has reliable recovery in the form of Roost
-Being slow actually helps it here, it tanks the incoming hit with its great bulk so the recipient comes in unharmed
-If you want, Magic Coat and other things such as Wish are options, but not recommended

Cons:
-Being Stealth Rock weak never helps
-Several popular mons easily stop it by OHKO'ing it, such as TTar, Char X, and Excadrill
-It's typing could be better, it's weak to the common BoltBeam duo
-Weak to status

Next, Scolipede.

Scolipede @ Black Sludge/Focus Sash/Mental Herb
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Iron Defense/Swords Dance
-Substitute/Megahorn
-Baton Pass
-Protect/Megahorn

Pros:
-Very fast, so it can pass quickly out of harm if needed
-Speed Boost is amazing to give slow allies, such as Medicham or Heracross, the speed it needs to sweep
-Has access to both Swords Dance and Iron Defense, two of the best boosting moves
-Megahorn can deal heavy damage if used in conjunction with Swords Dance
-Immune to Toxic
-If using the ID set, its defenses become sky high

252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. +2 248 HP / 252+ Def Scolipede: 252-296 (78 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ubers pls

Cons:
-Extremely predictable, the Baton Pass set is by far its most used set
-Very frail if using the SD set
-SR weak
-Weak to common attacking types such as Rock and Fire
-Paralysis cripples it heavily
-No direct recovery
-Taunt bait is annoying

Third, Mew.

Mew @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 SpD or Def/4 Spe
Calm/Bold Nature
-Nasty Plot/Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Amnesia/Iron Defense/Seismic Toss/Taunt/Heal Bell
-Soft-boiled

Pros:
-Has great bulk
-Has many different options to Baton Pass, so you can pass both defensive and offensive boosts
-Has instant recovery in Soft-Boiled and Roost
-Literally has so many options in the open slot, Taunt to stop opposing Taunts, Seismic Toss to prevent it from being fodder, Heal Bell to take away status, or just other boosts to make it more versatile

Cons:
-Weak to the ever present Knock Off
-Weak to Toxic, should Heal Bell not be used
-Mostly Taunt fodder
-Predictable, once a good player sees a Mew use a boosting move, its obvious what set it is

Fourth, Celebi.

Celebi @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def or SpD/4 Spe
Calm/Bold/Impish/Careful Nature
-Nasty Plot/Swords Dance/Calm Mind
-Recover
-Giga Drain/Seed Bomb/Substitute
-Baton Pass

Pros:
-Natural Cure saves it from status without having to waste a slot on Heal Bell
-Can pass either Special or Physical boosts
-Not as much of Taunt fodder as Mew, with access to Seed Bomb and Giga Drain, both of which are solid attacking moves
-Has great bulk
-Instant recovery in Recover

Cons:
-Knock Off kinda destroys it
-Weak to Ice Beam, a common coverage move
-Weak to Flying Spam, which is more common than ever in today's metagame
-Also predictable

Ok, that ends the larger post about Baton Passers besides Smeargle. I haven't used all of these, so feel free to give me positive and negative criticism. Sorry for all the slashes, it's just Mew and Celebi can both pass too many different boosts. And if I was being repetitive, tell me where to fix it and I will gladly edit. Sucks that I can only be on at night n_n

Anyway, any feedback is appreciated, so I can fix this up. Not sure if this has the most optimal sets or if I missed out on any pros/cons, so make sure to tell me! Thanks for reading~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)