The OU sandstorm sweeper

Team Building process:

I really liked tyrani boah, it has some great surprise and is an easy effective set that can tank through unsuspecting teams so I wanted to make a team around, obviosly it would have to be a sandstorm team.

I don't like leading with boah as he just fails as a lead in my opinion, I neened stealth rocks, and I needed to stop fast taunters, as they are based on sweeping teams getting up rocks, Jirachi is perfect, resist sandstorm and is always around late game with plently of health.

So I need a sweeper, who is imune to sandstorm, Lucario is one of the best sweepers in the game, so Lucario is is.

Now I need to help set up lucario and I have a bad ground weakness, so baton pass Gliscor is perfect, and Gliscor can also set up Jirachi for an iron head sweep.

So I have a water weakness, who is the best counter to water types, it's Vaporeon

Now I need a special sweeper, with some bulk, some resistances to the elements, and instant power from choices specs, at first I thought Salamance, but then I realised Latias is even better, more speed and special defence and more resistances and just glues this team together.

So my team, at a glance, looks like this:

Team in depth:

Lead Jirachi @ choice scarf
Nature: Hasty/ Naive (need advice)
Ev's: 252 attack, 176 speed, 80 sp.atk
Moves:
- Stealth rock
- Light screen (I'm considering anything else)
- Iron head
- U-turn

Considered the best OU lead, thanks to platinum, but very hard to obtain a decent Jirachi. No one can taunt this Jirachi, which means I always get up a stealth rock or light screen, her ability serene grace means that lead aerodactyl, lead azelf etc only have a 60% chance to get up stealth rocks. Iron head also forces switches, I don' no why, I guess cus early game people don't want to loose a pokemon, so they switch and wait till they break through the flinch a few times, then switch and it gives me a great view of the oponents team. Light screens main purpose is to help Lucario and gliscor set up a sword dance. The beauty of this lead is it's abilty to survive and work well late game, after a sword dance from gliscor, iron head sweeps are easy to pull off. Trick will criple this jirachi, without a scarf iron head becomes useless and u-turn will be more risky incase the oponent does not switch. Also latias can trick, so I see no point in it, I have Light screen as all my team mebers benifit from it, but what do people think of reflect or grass knot and a naive nature for the 2hko on hippowdon and swampert, while I can take a EQ (earthquake) if the ever decide to attack.

Favourite KO: An uber noob I swept his team 6-0, but vaporeon took out there heatran and Jirachi flinched the rest.

Tyranitar @ leftovers
Nature: Quiet
Ev's: 252 Hp, 52 atk, 204 sp.Atk
Moves:
- Substitute
- Dark pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus punch

This is my boah, I sub up and with the low speed and great defences and a high chance of the oponent switching, I easily get a sub up, allowing me to take on my counter, avoid status and crits and get a free focus punch. T-tar is also an amazing special wall spunging hits and hitting back hard, as long as they don't have focus blast! But this set is mainly tailored to take out the comon walls, mainly steel who threaten to stall out my team. Flamethrower hit's the walls supereffectively, mainly steel who resist my stab. Darkpulse is good stab, hit's other physical walls who stay need taking down. Focus punch hit's special walls like umbreon, blissey and snorlax, who may think it is safe after I reveal my soft side with dark pulse, but soon change there mind as they rember tyranitars monterous attack stat. The ev's reach 317 atk and 304 sp.ak so this is not a gimmick set and really works as a mixed wall breaker and with 404 hp, I get 101 hp subs which can take a siesmic toss and not break. Fire blast only gains a OHKO's skarmory who is not a threat as I use latias and vaporeon to take down skarm and the accuracy is annoying at the worst of times. Another option is to replace dark pulse for something else, e.g. t-wave which criples walls and sweepers or ice beam for hippwdon and gliscor. About the ev's I don't have max speed so speed ev's are pointless, I put the spare in sp.atk is there anywhere else they could go?

Favourtite kill: Scizor, I sub up as he switches in, then I flamethrower for the four times supper effective OHKO, easy.

Gliscor @ leftovers
Nature: impish
Ev's: 252 Hp, 20 speed, 40 def, 196 sp.def
Moves:
- Sword dance
- roost
- Aerial ace
- Baton pass

Sword dance up, and roost off the damadge, sandstorm makes stalling easy, as they have a 20% chance to miss due to sand veil. Aerial ace is for making use of sword dance my self as has 90 base power with stab and hit's all pokemon and it not that widely resisted, it also gets super effective hits on grass types, bug types and fighting types. Baton pass to Lucario or jirachi for a sweep. Leftovers to increase walling capabilities, but yache and the water berry are options what are peoples thoughts? Max hp for walling, 196 sp.def makes stab surfs 2HKO's, 3hko's with a light screen. 40 def for physical attacks which smogon suggests, and 20 speed to outspeed a smogon's adamant breloom by 2 speed points. Gliscor the main purpose of the ev's is to get off as many sword dances and baton pass them to Jirachi/Lucario. I'm considering stealth rocks over aerial ace, and changing jirachi's set. Rock polish is another option but no one really gains from it.

Favourite KO: Hippowdon, I sword danced and aerial ace whilst roosting off his ice fang, a crit did it for me in the end to break through his many slack off's?

Vaporeon @ leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 188 hp, 252 def, 68 Sp.Atk
Moves
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Hidden power electric

the ultimate water counter, switch in on a water move heel up due to water absorb and counter with hidden power electric. Wish heels my team, mainly Latias who always gets down to yellow, and tyranitar who is always subing up. Protect is useful for healing myself, sandstorm stalling, scouting and making bounce, fly dive and other two turn attackers useless. Surf for stab and countering heatran mainly, ice beam is an option for type coverage, but I am usless agains't fire types and steel types. The main purpose is to heal my team and take out water types and counter gyrados.

Favourite KO: Gyrados, OHKO hidden power electric

Latias @ choice specs
Nature: timid
Ev's: 252 sp, atk, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
Moves:
- Dracco meteor
- Trick
- Surf
- T-bolt

Specs latias is amazing, timid makes her the best counter infernape. Surf for type coverage and t-bolt for water types, flying types and better type coverage. Dracco meteor is just for taking something out, the power behind it is unbeleivable and takes about half out of the classic Blissey forcing a softboiled and free switch for me, making it a great move if I predict a switch, it also does more damadge than surf to a steel type, so there really is no safe switch in for dracco meteor, making it a great option if I predict a switch. Trick is for walls and latias can still function fine without it. Latias is the glue of this team, taking out threats and walls, who threaten my lucario from sweeping. What do people think of modest and a choice scarf?

favourtie KO: Hippowdon with dracco meteor

Lucario @ salac berry
Nature: adamant
Ev's: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4hp
Moves:
- Sword dance
- Endure
- Crunch
- Reversal

This is reversal lucario, first get a sword dance up, either by myself on the switch or with baton pass from gliscor, then endure a fatal attack, get my salac boost and reversal everthying that still moves, crunch is for ghosts and physchics, reversal has more power agianst almost everything else, the awesome power of reversal OHKO's hippowdon after a sword dance, tyranitar clears the field of hail Jirachi and latias can take out priorty users, while gliscor can pass me some sword dances. This set has worker realy well for me and has swept me from whe I was 2-4 down to ending 2-0 to me, with a SD pass from gliscor. So I need your opoinion reversal vs sword dance which is better. I have both Lucario's in my PC and both work for me, I prefer this one for novelty, leave a comment with your opinion.

favourite KO: Hippowdon OHKO with reversal after a sword dance.

So theres my team. The team is working well and even fairs well against uberz, but I supose Jirachi, Tyranitar, and latias are commonly used in ubers.

Final question, why do the pictures of vaporeon and Jirachi look sad, while tyranitar and gliscor (who should be evil) look happy?
Thanks for reading my long post, please rate! any help is apreciated, so please rate.​

I'm way to tired to do a full rate to I'll just do a quick half assed one and expect typos

I think you're better off focusing your team around Lucario as Boah is a bit weak for DP standards. The point of boah is to break through Stall, but Choice Band Tyranitar does that better anyway.

Anyway:

Reversal Luke is extremely hard to pull off in a metagame where priorty meamns once you sub all the way down, you're done. Change to standard Swords Dance Lucario:

with Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpAtk) | Inner Focus
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Crunch

Replace Light Screen with Thunder Wave. This helps Tyranigar cos he's slow

Fuck it good night

For individual Pokemon:

Jirachi: Just remember Iron Head on Aerodatyl isn't always the best because Magnezone can trap you easily. You need it for revenging and scouting. I would consider trick on Jirachi as Scarf tends to be a burden in the late game, but maybe it's just preference (and after using SR you have to switch).
Tyranitar: What is the point of getting more SpA instead of speed to outrun Blissey and Swampert (alothough Focus Punch and Dark Pulse barely 3HKOs)? I might actually reccomend you to use Ice Beam over Dark Pulse, but then Tar loses STAB.
Gliscor: I know its for Breloom, but without EQ you can't counter opponent physical Lucario and maybe Scizor that effectively. Seeing that you might pass the attack to Jirachi, I am now even more convienced that it should trick off the Scarf. Oh and Gliscor needs an attack at least to wall, otherwise it is Taunt not SR that you should be thinking about. For Baton Pass, choose Hyper Cutter as the ability.
Vaporeon: There's no way you can switch into Vaporeon safely into Starmie unless it's choiced and uses a water or ice attack. You might just want toxic for Stallers like Suicune.
Latias: The thing is, if Latias is to trick off that Scarf, then it must be timid to be faster than infernape. Actually that means the same with specs.
Lucario: There is a reason why the Reversal set isn't used, explained by Crunchatize. And the remaining EVs for def instead of HP. With this I am going to put Ice Beam on Tar.

I will go through some threats later if I have time or you can do that. Your team's Pokemon all has blue as one of the colours btw.

edit: Jirachi's nature should be Adamant or Jolly since you are not using special attacks.
edit: Use Pokemon that is designed for the tier. A Ludicolo may be used in Uber battles effectively, and so as UUs in OU, only if the set is designed for it.

(try PMing other volunteers to rate your team)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)