Tournament The Overused Room Weekly Tournaments! Won by idarki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Haunter
shoutout to truedrew for the logo

I am glad to welcome you, to the first Overused Room Weekly Tournament! Hosted by Bluwing, shartruce2 and myself with the rest of the OU room staff.

Playoffs rules:
1- BO3 ORAS OU Tier (If a ban/unban happens meanwhile this round it won't take place UNTIL next round).
2- The general rules for this tournament STILL APPLIES for this part as well until finals (Read the OP).
3- Please make sure you play your game before deadlines, there won't be any extensions unless there were serious reasons.
4- I like replays, post them.

Regarding Activity Wins and Coinflips:Contact your opponent on smogon or anywhere you want, but make sure you play before the deadline or else I will have to take the suitable action towards that game.

Quarterfinals

Semifinals:
cosine180 vs Ox the Fox Game1, Game2, Game3

Leftiez vs idarki (rnd900) Game1, Game2

Finals

cosine180 vs idarki

Get it done boys :]

Every weekend starting the 4th of April, two tournaments will be held in the Overused Room on the main server at two different times (which will be explained below):

So, what's this?
Each week, 2 tournaments will be held at two different times in the The Overused room on the main Smogon server. Each tour will give its winner and everyone who made it to top 8 a certain number of points which will be mentioned below later.

When is this going to happen?
Starting Saturday, the 4th of April,
Every Saturday and Sunday, there will be an official tour going as stated below:
Saturday 2:00pm EST
Sunday 12:01pm EST

You don't have to say "in", just be there on any of the times mentioned above.

How is the points system going to work?
We are planning to do the Smogon Tour points system, which will be explained below:
+1 point for each win up until Quarterfinals.
+2 points for each win starting Quarterfinals and after.
+3 points for winning the tournament's finals.
You are allowed to join both tournaments each week, but you are getting points for the tour which you get higher points in.
[For example, a 64 man tour will get its winner a total points of 10]

The points leaderboard will be available after the first week.

At the end of the month (after 8 tournaments are played), the top 8 in the points board will have a separated BO3 tournament!

Points Ladder can be found here: CLICK ME IMO
I will keep updating the thread each week with top 10

Top 10 after week3 :
rnd900 -21 points
Ox the Box -17 points
Bforrester16 -16 points
Angelpichu -16 points
smaaals -14 points
Cosine180 -14 points
S0me1 B0red -12 points
Hyuh -10 points
Starmei -10 points
Brodean -10 points

How big is this tour?
We're thinking of limiting it to 64 spots duo to server lag issues if it was for more players as well as having Smogon Tour 2 hours after it.
It will be a scripted tour hosted in the Overused room on the times mentioned above.

What are the general rules for this tour?
The rules for every other room held in the OU room which could be found below:
http://pastebin.com/PGta2A2Z [Might be changed as we go along]

What is the prize for this tournament?
The winner will win a Custom User Title.
EDIT: Finals will be uploaded on SmogonU Youtube channel.

As well as the official OU rules and banlist:
Standard Rules and Clauses
Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
Team Preview: Players must turn on the Team Preview feature where players can view the opposing team's Pokémon and choose their lead Pokémon.
Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Check this thread for more informations.
Baton Pass Clause: Limited by one pokemon per team knows the move Baton Pass.
Uber Clause: Players may not use any items, moves, abilities, or Pokemon that appear on Smogon's OU Ban List. If the tiers change or new items, abilities, moves, or Pokemon become available in the middle of a round, the changes will take effect in the following round. There will be an announcement in the relevant round if this occurs.

Last edited:

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Seems like a pretty crisp idea, nice. I'd personally like to see a max 128 > 64 as it's the weekend and a lot of people are gonna be joining. I also think you should get 1 or 2 point/s for losing in the finals, otherwise if you win in semis then lose in finals you have the same amount of points as the person you beat in semis.

Seems like a pretty crisp idea, nice. I'd personally like to see a max 128 > 64 as it's the weekend and a lot of people are gonna be joining. I also think you should get 1 or 2 point/s for losing in the finals, otherwise if you win in semis then lose in finals you have the same amount of points as the person you beat in semis.
We will see, depends on the amount of people who wants to join this.
Thanks for your suggestion, we will consider that

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Limit should be at 64 other wise the server lags when it exceeds that amount, which is why we stop at 64 in the first place.

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Time to start bribing lord Bluwing for free wins ;] In all seriousness this seems pretty cool can't wait for this to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)