The Pink Warrior

My Team

Team Building Process

First I had Latias (not Latios) I wanted a team based around Latias At fisrt.​

Then I added a Ferrothorn to counter its Dark, Ghost, and Dragon Weakness. And to give my team a little defense.​

Then came Chandelure...it was my Ghost killer...and revenge killer (with Coice Scarf :D ) it alos helps Ferrothorn with Fighting And Fire Attacks.​

Then came Rotom-W for another choice scarf killer. It works surprisingly well with Chandelure with great coverage with Ghost, Fire, Water, and Electric STAB attacks.​

Then I needed a fighting type attacker to hit Dark and normal types. That lead me to my inspiration for the name of this RMT the Pink Warrior....Virizion! The opponents will be guessing weather its pysical or special. And while they're gussing I can set up.​

And finally I needed a Ground type attacker to hit Electric types hard. And that's where I met Gliscor!​

With this team I can almost hit every type SUPER EFFECTIVLY.But

I didnt have Psychic attacks. So I changed Latias to Latios.​

NOW I HAVE PERFECT COVERAGE! ALMOST ALL POKEMON ARE WEAK TO ATLEAST ONE OF MY POKEMON'S MOVES :D

Virizion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
I use this as my attacking lead. It works great countering Tyranitar and Politoad with its good typing. I can even 6-0 sweep some people who let this thing set up. It has pretty good Sp. bulk so it can usually take a Sp. attack. With both good Sp. attack and regular attack this thing could run HP Ice...but im not sure about that...if I put Hp Ice in then I would have to take out one of its moves which are crucial in its sweeping. What do you think? He can also take advantage of dark type'd attacks aimed at Chandelure. This is my PINK WARRIOR! I use this for my lead for one good reason...and that is well no one really runs taunt on a lead anymore...they usually run rain/sandstorm. He can easily set up on a tyranitar who are scared by its Fighting type. then can hit hard on what ever comes in on it after a Swords dance! And for Politoad Swords Dance [ Ice Beam wont's do to much and its faser anyway] then hit back with LEAF BLADE

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
This is probably the most over used pokemon in the metagame....well maybe not as much as Excadrill...but the reason why its so use is because uts AWESOME. I ran a Scarf'd set to go with Chandelure. Together the are a terrifying dual that can just easily take out a team. After taking in consideration from the comments I put Trick in instead of Will-O-Wisp...I think HP Fire will be good on this set so I'll put it up but I'll have to "Test" it. Now with HP fire Ferro is no problem at all. With 2 scarf'd and 1 Specs revenge killer on my team it is easy to get carried away with all the killing. they are all Sp. so before I can just take out pokemon after pokemon I have to take out all SP. walls. Thats where Trick comes in!

Vamp (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt
My some-what psyical wall and sweeper. Gliscor is just the glue that holds my team together. It's just the typical Poison Heal set. The Gliscor change sounds like a really good one. Gliscor (on my team) is all about Swords dance And with the given EV's and Movest it makes the best of Gliscor. After a Trick from Rotom-W or even with out gliscor makes easy work of SP. walls thar could wall be problematic for my team :D but just as other Gliscor do he is just as good as a wall as a sweeper. With these EV investments he can wall pysical attackers like crazy. And pysical attackers will have to have HP [ice] even to do basically any damage to him.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 72 Def / 80 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rocks
- Power Whip
I just felt like I needed a Grass type Pokemon and one who can reisist Dragon typed attacks aimed at Latios. This is the weird piont in my team. I kinda want to replace it for something but I dont know what. I'm gonna change this to my lead. and I changed the set to the one from the comments. Im not sure what this thing is on my team...xD but he is my Dragon Resistance....I guess. Im thinking of replacing him but Im not sure for what. Doesn't really do anything except take dragon type'd attacls and hurt pysical attackers. So this is where I need your help the most. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with ferrothorn

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
Like on my other RMT I run a choiced Chandelure. it helps Ferro just like it helped my Magnezone. It takes Fire....and Fighting typed attacks aimed at ferro and ferro takes the Water, Ghost, Ground, Rock, and Dark Attacks aimed at Chandelure. I feel like Chandelure runs Choice scarf better than Rotom-W! It has A higher Sp. Attack..and better coverage. But if you dont play this set right it will easily die. You have to first scare off a pokemon with oh...Latios, Rotom-W, and Virizion then switch in and just destroy the opposing pokemon.Just like Rotom-W Chandelure is a Revenge killer. but gives me coverage that Rotom-W doesnt. with a STAB overheat with probably a flas fire bonus it will wreck havoc on the other team.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
This is the pokemon I based my team of of...well actually Latias...but still. He just comes in and KO's pokemon after Pokemon. and deals HUGE damage. With Specs Latios deals out huge damage with a STAB Draco Meteor and Psyshock + Choice Specs= Major Damage! I think Latios accompanied by Rotom-W and Chandelure will take out half the team easily! He's just ANOTHER Sp. revenge killer. He just adds to the plethora of HUGE damage dealing pokemon on my team.

I need some help with this team so that's why I posted this.

Oh And I will Test out that Starmie Idea it sounds promising!

there are some things that i think need to be changed. On rotom i would definately try trick over will o wisp. Scarf and will o wisp are a bad combo. If you can give walls a scarf they will be crippled and also set up sweepers.
Maybe try this gliscor set.
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Taunt
It has more bulk and less attack. He can get in several sword dances that give him A LOT of power. Taunt cripples many walls.

On ferrothorn i would reccomend stealth rock over Gyro Ball because thunder wave hurts gyro ball. I would also use ferrothorn ass my lead so he can set up SR. You could switch into chandelure on either of his weaknesses.
Other than that nice team it is pretty original. If you dont like some of the suggestions dont take them.

You really need to expand on all of your descriptions before a mod locks this.
On another note, I agree with chaotic tyranitar on all points. Also, replace thunderbolt on Rotom-W with Hidden Power Fire to hit ferrothorn and Scizor. And Chandelure as a scarfer in my opinion is not very good, as it is weak to Stealth Rock and you have no rapid spinner.
Replacing it with a life orb starmie could be a good fit, as it hits very hard, and with HP fire on Latios and Rotom-w (assuming you put it in), Starmie will be free of one of it's best counters, Ferrothorn. It also resists fire and fighting, and you have Rotom-W fore fire and Gliscor for fighting anyway, as well as Latios for both.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

I dont think your team really needs a rapid spinner, as half of it is immune to spikes, and 4 of them are immune to toxic spikes. If you feel like you do, feel free to replace Recover with Rapid Spin. That's all I can think of right now before you expand your descriptions.

starmie is a great option but if for whatever reason it doesnt work out you could try this
conkeldurr
252hp/252atk
item flame orb
ability guts
moves:
drain punch
bulk up
mach punch
payback
i think your team could use a little priority. this guy is amazing. he can take physical hits and bulk up. with flame orb and guts his attack is increased and it makes him a status absorber. mach punch is for priority witch with bulk up can ohko many threats including excadrill. drain punch has more power and heals. i'agine that vs a blissey. payback kills psychics like the lati twins and slowbro. i would go with him or starmie over chandelure. both are great options.

If I were you I would replace gyro ball on ferrothorn with thunderwave to cripple sweepers that you switch into with him. You also might wanna try spikes over stealth rocks on him , depending on preference. Take the suggestions you like and leave the ones you don't.

Since you have Gliscors and to a certain extent, Latios, taking fighting moves, would you consider a Heatran over Chandelure move? It's not as fast or strong, but it's resistances helps a way loads more. The secondary Dragon resist is nice, but the main reason for that suggestion is that it can help with Volcarona, who seemingly is able to 6-0 the team upon one Quiver Dance.

With Heatran, you can run SR on it, and then run Spikes on Ferrothorn for more support for your fast and hard hitters.

Otherwise, the only other suggestion I'd make is possibly try a DD Dragonite over Latios. It's not so great to lock half of your Pokemon. Dragonite can help against most Volcaronas (Substitute/Morning Sun/Rest/HPGround versions) and can still boost up for a sweep and has pretty good synergy with Virizion and Rotom-W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)