XY OU The Power Of Bulky Offense

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
The Power Of Bulky Offense

Introduction
Hello everyone Bluwing here with my last team of the xy ou era, and i think this team shows pretty much how bulky offense is in xy atm. As most people that played a lot off ou through out xy probably noticed how popular spikestacking became, and i have to say xy ou is the best metagame ive played ever, it's so versatile and challenging with maby some pokemon limiting teambuilding like keldeo, greninja, zard y/x, gardevoir and azumarill, but other than that it's amazing. When building this team, I wanted to abuse the power off Heracross + voltturn + spikestacking to beat any kind off playstyle by abusing the power off these three. I will add some replays in the end off this rmt to show how the team works, and especially how klefki works as it is just amazing in this meta, where one game will be from my semifinal game in pocl vs Toxzn. Im keeping the rmt simple and easy, if anyone wants an teambuilding guide or a threat list this can be asked in the comment section.

In Detail

Mega-Heracross
Trait: Guts & Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Heracross is the star off the team, the pokemon i decided to build around and probably one off the most devastating pokemon around with the right support given. Heracross is chosen as my mega because it's got great coverage, high base power moves paired with an high attack stat and it's bulky which makes it a better fit for my team from other pokemon like Medicham or Gardevoir. Heracross job on this team is just to punch holes in the opposing team for other pokemon like Landorus-T or Latios to clean, and it's wallbreaking is easely supported by voltturning + hazards as both off my voltturners tend to bring in pokemon Heracross beats (Rotom-W, Ferrothorn, Slowbro, Mew, etc.). The moveset is 100% standard and needs no explanation.

Heatran
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SDef / 240 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my Stealth Rocker and phazer. Heatran was chosen because it's an very consistent rocks setter while also checking a ton off pokemon that threatens the team like offensive bird spam, M-Scizor, Clefable, Lati@s etc. Heatran is therefor extremely valuable, being super versatile for the team makes this an superior rock setter. The set is selfmade for this team where Taunt + Roar helps vs stall, while having 240 speed evs ensures that max speed adamant M-Scizor never outspeeds it. Rest off the moveset is standard and should be used on basically any defensive Heatran set.

Rotom-Wash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash is a part off my voltturn core and my main check to dangerous physical threats like Excadrill, Landorus-T, M-Pinsir etc. Rotom-W has always been one off the most consistent defensive pokemon since it was first introduced in gen 4 and fits this team perfectly. The set is 100% standard and just helps out with baiting in pokmeon like Ferrothorn and Venusaur, while also giving my team room to breath vs strong and fast pokemon like i mentioned earlier. The moveset is standard, and is just plainly annoying for my opponent to face which is exactly what i want to abuse.

Latios
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Recover

Latios is my main Keldeo and Charizard Y check, while also being an amazing wallbreaker utilizing excellent coverage and a good typing. The reason for not running hasty nature is because Latios doesn't really need it, and that i want to keep Latios bulk intact as it is, Earthquake still does what it needs to which is hitting Heatran as this allows me to spikestack easier. Rest off the set is rather standard, not using Defog on my team because it's not needed, i don't have any pokemon weak to rocks and usually my opponent will be forced to Defog for me which i can take advantage off, which makes it an winwin situation.

Landorus-Therian
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

Landorus-T is the final pokemon in my voltturn core and my main revenge killer/cleaner. Scarf Landorus is an extremely solid pokemon and fits on basically any team, sporting great coverage, knock off and an amazing ability in Intimidate which lets it check so many threats it's ridicoulus. The set is rather standard, and what it does is as well, it just keeps up momentum for my team as well as revenge killing the stuff i need to revenge. The moveset is 100% standard and need no explanation except that i run knock off over superpower, this is because i don't need superpower on my landorus, and knock off is just too good for a move to give up.

Klefki
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Klefki the underdog on my team, but literally this pokemon is so good at what it does and checks a ton off pokemon running around crazy in this tier, mostly the Latis and Gardevoir. It also sets up spikes like nothing else, spreads toxic on basically EVERY Landorus in the world lol. But maby the biggest selling point off Klefki is the ability to stop almost any sweeper with thunder wave which is just the icing on the cake. This means that i basically never need to really be afraid off speed boosting sweepers, and just lets me play a lot more freely around these pokemon. Klefki should get a ton off more usage, because this pokemon is AMAZING.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Recover

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Shout-Outs
McMeghan: You are simply one the best, if not the best player out there. And I remember you helped me testing this team in pocl, and coming up with Quake Latios and all around being and awesome guy!

MetalGro$$: Giving you shout-out cuz you asked lol jk :3 ur an awesome guy and an amazing player and i rly like ur name :3

KratosMana: Antyyy, ur an awesome person and just so good at mons it's rid. Also giving u a shout-out so u can remember getting swept by ddmence haha ^^

Laurel: You are my best friend on here and you have an amazing personality! You are one off the reasons i actually didn't quit mons after the stuff happened between me and rey, love u man!

Lord Elyis: Dang we had so much fun and talked so much! what happened bro? miss those times man. anyway we had an awesome time in pocl, i hope we could get on the same team again in spl!

Volty: Ive got to know u recently, and ur such a chill dude. I rly enjoy talking with you, and ur rly funny, hope we get to talk more ^^

Leftiez: I remember i started to know u in the beginning off xy and u just helped me out so much, ur an amazing player! keep up the pressure man, u will get big!

PDC: pdc ur an awesome guy, the amount off help and time u gave me with testing and building teams is amazing, ur literally the best teammate anyone can ask for! hope we get on the same team again n_n

If I forgot someone please tell me, ill edit u in ^^

Ending Words
Thats my final rmt off xy, just kept the format simple and clean! as i said if anyone wants a threatlist or a teambuilding guide just ask in the comment section, thanks for reading! n_n here are some replays!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-25786 me vs tox in pocl semis
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-28390

Last edited:
well you could optimize lando's ev spread a little better i guess

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

outspeeds adamant zard-x at +1 and jolly scarf exca (not that that's super common anymore but w/e) while remaining slower than other max speed scarf landos so you get the u-turn advantage. also, on heracross, you only need 216 speed evs to outrun jolly bish/loom, so a spread of 40 hp / 252 atk / 216 speed might be more optimal. but that's just nitpicking, team's pretty neato. also worth mentioning i think is you could try fairy lock on klefki, when used right it pretty much guarantees hera can setup a sd, which might come in handy.

Last edited:

Tele

a quality human being
Char y + pursuit Tyra: how can u get past this?
i mean u write that Latios is your save file for char y, but thats not necessarily true if it s supported by tyranitar, and recover doesnt help u because pursuit will still do consistent damage; rest of the team gets shotted by FireBlast/Solarbeam, and the only pokemon who can switch into at least 2 of his attacks (Heatran) has nothing to damage him (and consequentially u will not be able to set rocks); i think u could give toxic to Heatran instead of running BOTH toxic and twave on Klefki, so u will have at least 1 way to status chary, becos i think that anybody in the world would let his win condition (char y here) get twaved by a klefki

I'd change Latios timid nature to Hasty Naive Nature , just to have a great 87-88% chance to OHKO Heatran with rocks and about 12% without.

Last edited:
Hey man this is a great team :]
I always wanted to build a team with Klefki but it never quite worked out, glad to see that someone else made it work!

I don't like that your team has no way to overcome hazards on your own side, but spamming the opponent's side will make it easier for you so using Defog on Latios is just a bad idea. Another option for Latios is Surf: your defensive core is very weak to Landorus-I and SpDef Gliscor pretty much wins by itself, so a move to hit those 2 without using Draco is always nice. It still hits Heatran for solid damage, but it'll probably not 2HKO ;[. I was gonna say the same thing about Stallbreaker Mew, but Klefki beats that too lmao. Amazing mon.

Bisharp and Azumarill look annoying, none of your pokemons really like switching into it. Fast Wisp Heatran can help, but moveslots are precious.
I've used HP Flying on my Lando-T for M-Hera, I guess you can try it out over Knock Off.

I generally dont like Rotom-W but it fits in perfectly; your hazardcore is too fire/ground weak. That's about it, any other changes I came up with significantly worsen the team, amazing job building it.
Thanks for the shoutout~

Hey Blu thanks for the shoutout <3

On to the team, I REALLY hate running defog on hazard stacking teams for obvious reasons. But this is personal preference. Bisharp seems like a real issue for all of your mons bar heatran, but i suppose that fast tran can catch it off guard unless it misses the wisp (which is bound to happen) I don't really have any suggestions that wont completely tear apart the team sadly, but well done with this team its really solid. Also supporting posts above me about set optimizations (Lando and Latios)

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
thanks for the rate everyone!

obviously zard y + pursuit trappers and lando-i are huge threats, this is basically bound to happen to any bulky offensive team, the nice thing tho is choosing what to be weak to and at least have a way to get past it (as showed in one off my replays). Anyway the thing i will consider most is putting toxic back on to heatran over roar as it will help a bit vs zard y. other than that i guess all spreads are up to preference, and the bisharp weakness is not really that huge because i have heracross which basically gets a free switch-in to it bar it has trapped latios which is annoying. also changing latios nature to hasty makes specs keldeo a huge threat as latios actually can't check it well at all then, which is why im running timid + quake which is good enough to beat heatran anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)