The Power Of Storms (Rain Dance RMT)

This is a team I have been using quite a while, but I have recently changed to fit into the platinum metagame and I would like to ask what you think of it, feel free to post things that should change

The Big Bad UBER (deoxys-e)@damp rock
Pressure
Modest, 252hp 54Def 100SpA 54SpD 50 speed
-Rain Dance
-Taunt
-Thunder Bolt
-Ice Beam

a little custom set I created, this deoxys-e is my initial rain dance user and because of its high speed it is almost always gonna be able to. But that is not its only role, taunt is there to screw up leads and bolt beam coverage with 276 sp attack is for revenge killing and killing things 4 times weak to it that give my team trouble (mostly dragonite/salamence and gyarados)
You might have noticed that this deoxys-e has a very low speed (408) but I did not bother to raise it higher because my deoxys is built to set up rain dance twice, first as initial rain dance user and the second time as a emergency plan to give my team another 8 turns of rain while (usually) getting killed in the process
He has a lot of bulk so he can survive the hit its gonna take while setting up, one of the most important things he can take is a bronzongs gyro ball, while he can taunt or set up rain dance at the same time. This bulk also allows me to survive all non STAB u-turns with more then half of my life, giving me the ability to set up.
He also survives a lot of pursuits while switching out, pretty useful.
Deoxys-e is without any doubt one of the most important members of my team, though feel free to suggest changes

I know He ain't original (bronzong) @damp rock
Levitate
Relaxed, 252hp 152Atk 106sp def 0 speed IV
-Rain Dance
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion

Good old bronzong, very standard set with hypnosis rock replaced by rain dance and leftovers replaced by damp rock. It is a bulky rain dance user that profits from that rain which eliminates his fireweak. It does what it is supposed to do: set up rain, set up stealth rock, if needed gyro ball or explode, nothing to special nothing to original.

Not Garchomp Still Deadly (kingdra) @ life orb
Swift Swim
Mild, 184 Atk 250 SpA 76 speed
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Rain Dance

Ever seen a rain dance team without this guy? And there is a dam good reason for this: kingdra has gotten me out of really tight situations before and will probably do it again. All he needs to kill a team is 8 turns of rain, the bulky water down and some damage to the team members.
Life orb rain dance surf is incredible, and waterfall has a nice shot at taking down blissey (there is a small chance that she survives) and dragon pulse hits most things that resist surf hard

Because he doesn't have any weakness but dragon he can usually set up rain if needed.

Surrender Puny Human (magnezone) @ Choise Specs
Magnet Pull
Modest 252 SpA 252 speed
-Thunder
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power [ice]
-Signal Beam
Used for hitting hard and trapping steels
Specs thunder is incredibly powerfull and its 30% parachanse is pretty reliably, so he can make up for its speed.
HP and flash cannon are there for type coverage (yes I use a steel move for type coverage)
Flash cannon allows me to hit all weather changers for SE damage, 2 ko'ing tyranitar and abomasnow. If the tyranitar is a Boah variation or any other that doesn't have eq magnezone wins, and abomasnow can't swich into magnezone without being killed
Flash cannon is also my STAB outside of rain, since then thunder is not to reliable
Signal Beam is to take out celebi who is usually hard to take down

Behind The Rabbit? (azumarril) @ choice band
Huge Power
Adamant 212 hp 252 Atk 44 speed
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Return
-Ice Punch

Just a regular high power Choise bander that gets an incredible power boost in rain
Waterfall is for doing damage to anything not named vaporeon early in the game, while aqua jet is for lategame and revengekilling (and taking out everything with about the same bulk as gengar)
Ice punch is for grass types that could pose a problem (celebi I am looking at you)
Return over superpower for some reasons, but mostly because I don't like the attack and defence drop, and almost nothing that is killed by superpower isn't killed by waterfall

BattleToad (toxicroak) @ life orb
Dry Skin
Adamant 16hp 252 Atk 240 speed
-Swords Dance
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch
-Sucker Punch

My only true setup sweeper. He makes up for its speed with sucker punch and packs quite a punch after swords dance.
Thanks to dry skin he heals his life orb damage while attacking and heals 12% while setting up. He also has an auto water absorb but at the cost of being hurt by fire moves more.
He is also a bit of my uttility pokémon. He absorbes super charged water moves my opponent sends my way and absorbs toxic spiks. He is a nice switchin to suicune, who in some cases can not do anything to him and must watch him helplessly set up swords dance.
Can sweep teams, though like lucario is hampered by its speed.
What he has in advantage over SD lucario (besides the obvious disadvantages) is that he heals life orb damage and thus increasing the turns he can stay actived. Sucker punch might be in a lot of cases not so good, but hitting ghosts for SE damage is pretty nice. And toxicroak has a usefull fight resist.

First RMT on smogon yay I feel happy, but realy, don't be bothered to sugest changes

it seems good but i've found one mistake =d

I know He ain't original (bronzong) @damp rock
Levitate
Relaxed, 252hp 152Atk 106sp def 0 speed IV
-Rain Dance
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion

Good old bronzong, very standard set with STEALTH ROCK replaced by rain dance and leftovers replaced by damp rock. It is a bulky rain dance user that profits from that rain which eliminates his fireweak. It does what it is supposed to do: set up rain, set up stealth rock, if needed gyro ball or explode, nothing to special nothing to original.
He has Stealth Rock don't you mean Hypnosis?

Fast Earthquakes may be an issue after Bronzong explodes. Magnezone and Toxicroak are both weak, and no one else can switch in.

I would tend to think that Toxicroak isn't terribly useful since Azumarril does most of the same things. Perhaps work in something that takes hits well since Bronzong is your only defensive pokemon. Magnezone has good type synergy, but isn't going to be living up to it's durability as a Choice Specs holder.

Why not run thunder on Dexosys instead of thunder-bolt, the rain will give it 100% and it'll pack a lot more punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)