The Quest For Perfection (OU)

Here's A team I have been working on for a longgggg time. Essentially what I wanted to do was create the "Perfect" team. Of course, there are a pokemon or 2 I play because they are my mains. Please help me achieve my goal :)

SwagMuffin (Weavile) @Expert Belt
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Night Slash
My main squeeze. Ever since his release, he has been my favorite pokemon of all time. In competitive use, while he may be VERY frail, he is my favorite revenge killer. His main goal is to take down the bulky dragon types like Latias and Dragonite before they get crazy. He also does WONDERS against Espeon and Alakazam. KOs all day, baby. I believe Weavile is too frail to run swords dance, so i use fake out which helps A LOT against pokemon with sturdy or multiscale.

Ke$ha (Latias)@Light Clay
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 SPA/32 SPD/140 SPE
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Recovery
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
It took me FOREVER to find the perfect dragon type for my team. I didn't want too many offensive pokemon, not to mention my team's physical threats are VERY frail. Garchomp always got murded by scarf ice beam, dragonite was good, but sucked at taking 3 hits, and Salemence was just.....ugly. Latias gives me bulk, helps my frail pokemon resist a hit, and can stall a special threat and sweep with multi-boosted dragon pulse. I LOVE LATIAS. Recover is hella good btw.

Astro (Gastrodon)@Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP/84 DEF/172 SPD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Earth Power
Astro has never failed me (Unless i get blind sided by venusaur, which happens. but i usually switch out, but sometimes i dont think. lol). Anywho, I love his bulk and ability. Gaining a boost from a water attack, then going into toxic, and attacking the HP away is so much fun. Recovering as needed. Astro is my most reliabe water type. He Legit.

Tinkerbell (Celebi)@Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252HP/235 SPD/20 SPE
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Psychic/U-turn (Help me decide)
Tinkerbell was a great addition to the team, so thank you to those who suggested him to me!! Great for stealth rocks, and I LOVE the fact he can take hits like a champ. Recover is self explanatory. Giga drain over Leaf Storm because im not a big fan of the stat drop, and i love stealing me some health ;) I'm currently using Psychic, but am debating whether or not to put u-turn in to help cover Celebi's weaknesses.

Boomer (Heatran)@Air Baloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4SPD/252 SPA/252 SPE
Timid Nature
- Roar
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
He's into to check my team's fear of Volcarona. While the only Volcaronas I have faced have been Alder's, Boomer gets the job done. I love using roar to phaze out boosters and to get extra damage in with stealth rocks. The rest is all self explanatory. Dragon Pulse because who likes dragons? ;D

Casper (Gengar)@Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 DEP/252 SPA/252 SPE
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
This is the guy I'm still not sure about, and the one i'm willing to work with. It is so much fun doing the sub/disable combo. It really stops those walls or any attacker with a super effective hit. I haven't done too much with him, but give me insight!!!

That's the team!!! Let me know what you guys think!!!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tab
Nice team. I have a few suggestions though. I think Weavile should have Pursuit or Ice Shard in there to give it some additional utility. And I'd like to see Hidden Power Fighting on PorygonZ for two reasons. It hits those that resist Tri Attack and Dark Pulse harder, such as Tyranitar and Terrakion, and also, you said you don't even use Trick. Just a small suggestion, I suppose. Also, I would recommend a Hidden Power on Roserade over Extrasensory. Overall, very nice team, and I like your use of underrated threats.

Nice team. I have a few suggestions though. I think Weavile should have Pursuit or Ice Shard in there to give it some additional utility. And I'd like to see Hidden Power Fighting on PorygonZ for two reasons. It hits those that resist Tri Attack and Dark Pulse harder, such as Tyranitar and Terrakion, and also, you said you don't even use Trick. Just a small suggestion, I suppose. Also, I would recommend a Hidden Power on Roserade over Extrasensory. Overall, very nice team, and I like your use of underrated threats.
Thanks a bunch! I prefer ice punch over ice shard because sometimes ice shard doesnt do the job. I shall try pursuit, however! Along with HP Fighting on Porygon Z. Again, thank you!

Pikachu really should be replaced with something that adds to the team. Pikachu is much to frail and doesn't have enough power to do anything in OU. Jolteon and Thunderus-T completely outclass pikachu (Thundurus T has an equal spA, without holding anything).

Your team is also very weak to set up sweepers. If volcorona gets even one quiver dance (which is easy to do, because there's no stealth rock on the team) the games basically over as it can OHKO all the pokemon in this team and porygon's attacks aren't powerful enough to take down volcorona after the special defense boost which can heal off damage with giga drain. Its also a pretty slow team as a whole besides porygon (which is not the best scarfer in OU as its stab is resisted by many threats and other moves don't hit hard enough), and is susceptible to common scarfers such as keldeo and terrakion once latios is gone (these sweepers often have tyrantiar with them, which easily KOs latias with pursuit.) Scizor can also KO latios with pursuit, and procede to clean up most of your team especially if gastredon happens to be weakened.

So things that this team really needs:

Stealth Rock
Check for Volcorona (something that is faster than it normally, with a choice scarf and is able to OHKO it). Garachomp and terrakion are great examples.
hp fire on latios over reflect to help with scizor, ferrothorn, and other fire weak pokemon.
No pikachu

I would suggest putting scarf garachomp w/ stone edge over pikachu for volcorona, and using specs or nasty plot porygon (or perferably using another faster specs/calm mind user such as keldeo). Alternativly, you could use heatran over pikachu for volorana, and keep scarf porygon, but then you need something to check flying.

Last edited:
I would suggest removing Pikachu from your team first off. Pikachu is much too frail to do anything in OU, and can barely dent hits in anything at all within the tier, especially Pokemon that resist it.

I'd suggest that if you still want a fast, electric-type Pokemon, then use Jolteon, as Jolteon completely outclasses Pikachu in everything it does.

I'd suggest a set such as this.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
252 Spe, 252 SpAtk, 4 SpDef w Timid/Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- HP Ice
- Signal Beam

Also, I'd recommend Ice Shard over Ice Punch on Weavile, as the added priority is nice, as well as trading out Pickpocket as the ability for Pressure, as you don't want to take just any opponent's item in place of your own.

Also on Latias, I'd recommend running a set more like this:

- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Recover/Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse

As if you use Light Clay, there really isn't a reason to not run dual screens on your Pokemon, as having that item being useful for only 1 set of screens isn't that worthwhile in the long run. Plus, if you need added protection from Special Attackers, then you wouldn't be able to obtain it if you only run Reflect.

Your team also severely lacks a Stealth Rock setter, which is important, as Stealth Rock is one of the best moves in the game. You could try switching out Roserade for the standard defensive Ferrothorn set, which would both give you a good wall and a Stealth Rock/Spikes setter.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
252 HP, 168 SpDef, 88 Def w Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock/ Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave/Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Also, I'd suggest a better scarfer than Porygon-Z, as the scarf on him does work as a surprise factor, but like others have said, you have a very severe weakness to something like Volcarona coming in and setting up on you.

You could go with Scarfed Salamence, Scarfed Terrakion, hell even Scarfed Raikou if you feel like using a UU Pokemon as your Scarfer, and one with blazing speed at that.

Could you guys propose any physical attackers who can set up stealth rock effectively AND check Volcarona, to replace pikachu?? I like to keep my team balanced with 2 defensive pokemon, 2 physical pokemon, and 2 special. It's hard replacing pikachu, but its for the better, i hope!

Could you guys propose any physical attackers who can set up stealth rock effectively AND check Volcarona, to replace pikachu?? I like to keep my team balanced with 2 defensive pokemon, 2 physical pokemon, and 2 special. It's hard replacing pikachu, but its for the better, i hope!
SR Terrakion seems like a great option for this.

SR terrakion and garachomp cant check volcorona effectively if it gets a quiver dance. However heatran can set up stealth rock and wall volcorona that lack hp ground all day. Scarf terrakion and scarf garachomp are better counters to volcorona as they can hit back and OHKO. However, if you have one of these you should probably have another stealth rock user. Celebi does the exact same job your roserade's doing, minus sleep powder, but has access to stealth rock.

So basically having scarf garachomp with stone edge and celebi with psychic, leaf storm, stealth rock, and possibly hp fire.

Last edited:
Okay, guys. Thank you so much. I tested Terrakion, and wasnt a fan of him. However, im testing this team with porygonz, roserade, and pikachu, switched out for Heatran, rotom-w, and Celebi. If any one wants to battle, let me know!!! Ill update this around 3pm with my updated team!!! :)

UPDATED TEAM!! Playtesting/training took longer than I thought. Should I be concerned that I have 3 weaknesses to bug, ghost, and dark??? ALSO dont know whether to give leftovers to celebi or gastrodon, and what to replace. helpppp :)

You can give both celebi and gastrodon leftovers if you want (I would).

I really love gengar, but at the same time, you're right about being weak to dark and bug (ghost isn't as much as a problem.) I think that gengar could be replaced with a physical attacker. Scarf moxie herracross resists both bug and dark, and is really powerful. You just have to be really careful to keep heatran alive if the oppenent has a fire type as then you would have 3 fire weaknesses. Scarf terrakion would probably be better, but if you don't like terrakion you can work around that.

As for heatran, if you like roaring a lot, you could go for the specially defensive variant as it can stay alive longer to roar, but if you don't use it all the time the offensive versions fine. Also hidden power ice is better than dragon pulse as it hits dragonite, garachomp, salamance, and landorus-t for 4x damage instead of 2x (and neutral for landorus)

UPDATED TEAM!! Playtesting/training took longer than I thought. Should I be concerned that I have 3 weaknesses to bug, ghost, and dark??? ALSO dont know whether to give leftovers to celebi or gastrodon, and what to replace. helpppp :)
The thing I'd really worry about, is in this instance, you might be really weak to Gengar, and U-Turners such as Scizor, Hydreigon, and Landorus-T, as well as getting Pursuit trapped.

Gengar
Scizor
Tyranitar
Landorus-T
Hydreigon

These Pokemon could really dent your team if you can't find a way around them.

You could try switching out Weavile for Breloom instead, as this would bother cover your priority needs, and also cover your Ghost, Dark, and Bug weaknesses, as well as giving you a Pokemon that can use Spore effectively and be a great physical attacker, though he is much slower than Weavile admittedly.

Weavile can take out gengar (pursuit/night slash), tyranitar (low kick), hydrogen (low kick), and landorus (ice shard/ice punch). Breloom is literally my favorite pokemon, but weavile might be more useful on this team

Oh yeah, and I would go with psychic over u-turn for keldeo and tentacruel

Last edited:
You can give both celebi and gastrodon leftovers if you want (I would).

I really love gengar, but at the same time, you're right about being weak to dark and bug (ghost isn't as much as a problem.) I think that gengar could be replaced with a physical attacker. Scarf moxie herracross resists both bug and dark, and is really powerful. You just have to be really careful to keep heatran alive if the oppenent has a fire type as then you would have 3 fire weaknesses. Scarf terrakion would probably be better, but if you don't like terrakion you can work around that.

As for heatran, if you like roaring a lot, you could go for the specially defensive variant as it can stay alive longer to roar, but if you don't use it all the time the offensive versions fine. Also hidden power ice is better than dragon pulse as it hits dragonite, garachomp, salamance, and landorus-t for 4x damage instead of 2x (and neutral for landorus)
Hmmm. Let me test Gengar for a little while longer. I played Heracross in an early version of this build, but it was only brief. The team was waay different then, so maybe he will work better with this version. Thank you!!! :)

Scizor does worry me though. Would anyone like to playtest? i havent really faced people besides gts, but that wouldnt let me use celebi. so i kinda have to face people via wifi club or whatever its called. lol

Do you know about showdown? Thats the official simulator of smogon and always has a lot of people on. Moves way faster than gts and you don't have people rage quitting (as much)

Good replay, but I must say half the win was because the opponent was just bad. Why the hell would you switch an Espeon into
a Weavile? Why the hell would you attempt a Salamence sweep if you know a opposing Weavile can revenge you? Why would you not use ExtremeSpeed or Mach Punch? The situation could have easily changed if the opponent used Espeon as a lure, switch into Lucario with Justified and get a boost, then RK with priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)