The Rise of Stall-Growth!

Hello, Smogon once again I am making a Rate my team, but I wanted to have one built around my new Tangrowth set that I posted in the Creative moveset Forum in the Uncharted Territory.

So my stallgrowth of course had to be in my team

Next I need a pokemon that would set up Rocks and or spikes, At first I decided Nattlei. But, I realised i could yous forretress and cut my weakness'.

Now, I can see the huge fire weakness staring me down. A water could resist the fire and the water weakness that I have. I chose Starmie to spin away hazards and also provide special sweeping just in case.

Now that I have ridded my problems of entry hazards. I needed to protect mine with a ghost, preferably the bulky kind.

Hmm.. now looking into the future I see Tangrowth and starmie down. I need a late game sweeper just to be sure. At first Denchura was viable til I remembered the fire weakness. So I decided togo with a Body purge Aggron.

Finnaly I wanted a lead, and I have to thank Vexatious for using this lead in one of his warstorys. It was very creative and I love using it to death, so the final spot goes to Persian.

OK NOW AT A GLANCE-

Now The Team Itself-

Persian@Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Hp/ 4 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Limber
~U-Turn
~Switcheroo
~Hypnosis
~Knock Off

-Persian is an amazing lead that catches people off guard. Knock off gets rid of the opponents item, no one likes losing there item (bar Gliscor). And switching a scarf onto common leads isnt to bad. U-turn is a great scouting move, and hypnosis is self explannatory.

Forretress@Iron Ball
Evs: 252 Hp/ 116 Def/ 140 SpD
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Sturdy
~Volt Change
~Gyro Ball
~Stealth Rock
~Spikes

-What can I say, Forretress is one of the best entry hazard starters in the game. Stealth rock and spikes are beneficial to any team. Relaxed+0 Spe Ivs+Iron Ball= A shit ton of damage from Gyro Ball. And volt Change is there so I can escape from Shadow Tag and Magnet Pull.

Starmie@Life Orb
Evs: 4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
~Rapid Spin
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Pump

-Standard Starmie set. Boltbeam is for almost perfect coverage, coupled with a base 120 power STAB move makes Starmi such an excellent sweeper. Rapid Spin was placed on Starmie so Forretress doesnt suffer from 4 move slot syndrome.

Cofagrigus@Leftovers
Evs: 252 Hp/ 68 Def/ 188 SpD
Nature: Calm
Ability: Mummy
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-Wisp
~Rest
~Disable

-Yes I know Dusclops is better than this guy, but thats no reason to leave him out in the cold. Cofagrigus (say that three times fast) Spreads burned status to the other team. Shadow ball is for reliable stab. Disable is a great move to use now! Allowing choice users to struggle and disabling certan moves so other teammates can switch in nice and safely.
Aggron@Ballon
Evs: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rock Head
~Head Smash
~Body Purge
~Ice Punch
~Fire Punch

-One of the best Late-game sweepers around. Body Purge Doubles Aggrons Mediocre speed to usuable speed, then to great speed. Balloon gives Aggron chances to switch in. Head smash and rock head combined is a godsend from god himself. Ice punch is for coverage, while Fire Punch nails Nattorei hard in the barbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6Xkf0iLKo&feature=related
Tangrowth!@Pressure Band
Evs: 252 Hp/ 180 Def/ 64 SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Regeneration
~Bind
~Leech Seed
~Protect
~Giga Drain

-Time for the main attraction, STALLGROWTH! Bind and pressure band traps opponents and make them lose 1/8 of Hp a turn. Lack of leftovers suck but Leech Seed helps compensate for that by healing and damaging the opponent more and more over time. Protect allows for more damge to count up and Giga drain is there t make sure im not complete Taunt bait. Now the problem with Trapping moves are that they usually trap counters to tangrowth. So I usually switch to a counter to the counter causing them to switch while racking up on bind damage and Entry hazard damage.

Credits:
Pictures from;
Veekun.com and Arkeis.com

Special Thanks to Vextatious for the Persian idea and to all who read and comment on my new team that I made.

I think I've said the same thing for the Tangrowth in the moveset thread in UT, you'll be usually Binding a counter and only doing 1/8 damage because you have to switch out. It might be better to Leech Seed on the switch I guess, and Bind if you think the opponent is staying in.

Yes its true, but thats basic gameplay of pokemon for any pokemon. a counter switches in, I usually bring Tangrowth in, After I take out its counters. If I dont then i will switch into a counter to there team. basic gameplay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)