The RU Open VI - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Calling activity on my opponent Little Jirachi. He specified a time to play, and I was there, he was not. He even, right around the time of the game, specified what room he was in currently in (ubers), and then either vanished, or never was there. I waited for 2+ hours for him, asking the ubers room if anyone knew of him, and often checking for him in the search bar. After that, I messaged him telling him that we should play today, because I have work Wed/Thurs, and then Surgery Friday. Requesting Sub

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I apologize that I havent provided new matchups or subs in yet but Im in the middle of some personal things and I havent had much time except for updating the OP a bit.

I will try my best to get everything done by tomorrow, alongside the activity sweep. Really sorry again.

Until then.

Just noticed i got subbed out of this round for inactivity a few days ago. I'm astounded that i didn't even get tagged or anything but anyways. I couldn't find Mraldo on the tours discord (unless you're not using the same nick) so i'm gonna put my request in here.
I didn't even get inactive more than a 2 days long period since the beginning of Round 1. I contacted my opponent Peli as soon as I saw the thread, and told him my availabilities , which i agree may be quite restrictive. My opponent Peli contented hisself to tell me in real time when he was on PS , at times where i already explicitly told him that i wasn't available, and didn't even try to suggest a scheduled time to battle. I used the personal conversation tool from the smogon forums to contact him, which i believe i shouldn't use because it's private chat, and my opponent took this to his advantage to call for inactivity, while he perfectly knew i wasn't actually inactive, i was just waiting for him to suggest a schedule. I guess i'm guilty not to use the profile chat device which is public, but i still think it's unfair. I actually waited for my opponent for days, he didn't even bother to tell me he subbed me out ... Idk if i can be put back in this tournament or not, and tbh it's whatever now, but it really get's on my nerve to meet such hypocrite people.
Got the logs of our conversation if it matters somehow :

-Hi ! You're my opponent for RU open Round 1. My timezone is GMT+1. I'm honestly completely free until friday morning but i'm not sure i'll have time to teambuild , because most of my teams are outdated :/ I'll be on vacation from friday 21 to saturday 29, and i should be able to play during this period , but i'm not sure about my availabillity, probably only early in the morning or during evenings/ nights (not too late please tho :D). When are you available?
PetitEwok, Jul 17, 2017

-I will be on showdown for a while today, i would prefer to get this done earlier rather than later
Peli, Jul 18, 2017

-Well i'm not ready yet i have to build fresh teams cause most of mine are a bit too old. I'd rather battle you tomorrow or thursday if possible
PetitEwok, Jul 18, 2017

-ok well, im on showdown
Peli, Jul 18, 2017

-I'm ready to play from now till tonight if you want
PetitEwok, Thursday at 4:28 PM

-im on
Peli, Thursday at 10:24 PM

-Sorry i was already sleeping ! I left you a comment on my wall
PetitEwok, Sunday at 8:57 PM

And the comment i'm referring to :
-Sry i'm on vacation rn, and i probably won't be able to play during the day and evenings. However i can wake up early in the morning or play late at night. Morning would probably fit you better cause it would be evenings your time. It can be any one day though, let me know what you prefer.
Sunday at 8:56 PM

Didn't get any further response. I wasn't too eager to use the public profile chat because I didn't want to share to everyone such personal information, but this guy didn't leave me another choice ... I guess i learnt the lesson.

I'm still waiting on my opponent. Our first meet up time was missed by myself due to some unfortunately IRL circumstances. I apologized and we rescheduled. However the day we scheduled for the site was down for the majority of the contact time so we couldn't talk. Unfortunately past this point they have not been in contact with me at all. This was last Friday or Saturday. Should I ask for a sub or wait it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)