The Sand crew

Sup everybody; I’ve been using this team with a decent amount of success for the past month or two. It was reconfigured a few times, but finally I had felt that I got it right, with this. I have so much fun using this team, but I was just wondering how it could possibly be made better. I honestly love tyranitar as a Pokémon, because I mean come on who doesn’t love tyranitar, and I don’t have that much fun with rain for some reason, but I love sand. Sand has always been my favorite weather, and tyranitar, my favorite, and classic bringer of it to a battle. Now, without further deviation from the team, let’s get into it!

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Now it wouldn’t be a sand team without sand. This is probably tied for my favorite t-tar set, along with Banded Tar. Chople berry allows it to live focus blasts in exchange for leftovers recovery, and I honesty prefer having that extra turn to set up rocks usually, or get some extra damage on something.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Not much to say about this guy. He’s awesome, probably the best revenge killer in OU. Pairs well with tyranitar and his sand of course, dat SpDef boost.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Not too much to say about this guy either. #1 in OU usage for a reason. Provides dragon resistance for the team, priority and of course, other than that, I mean… standard Scizor.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

So much power. This is probably my favorite competitive Pokémon, period. Not much really appreciates a modest sheer force boosted, STAB Earth Power from this guy. As is his job, he punches holes right through teams. A late game rock polish pretty much spells gg for the opponent.

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Speed
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

This ‘mon has served me well. It just has that niche ya know? Taunt is great, as this team can have some trouble with setting up sweepers, and more namely calm minders. Yes latias and jirachi, I’m looking at you. Can of course cripple physical walls with will-o-wisp. I opted for surf/will-o-wisp over scald/toxic, cause although I can miss, when I need something burned, I need it burned. with water absorb, it not only sponges that water weakness of the team, but really makes the opponent think before using a water type move, cause they don’t really want that thing getting its hp back

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

I needed another special attacker, and felt that reuniclus just fit in, providing another great fighting resistance, and cleans up many games with trick room. I originally had sub/disable gengar in this slot, with tentacruel in Jellicent’s spot, but this just seems to fit into the rest of the team better. Although I sacrificed a spinner, this team doesn’t mind rocks too much. Spikes can become an issue, but usually the opponent can only set up a layer or two.

And that’s it! Thanks for taking the time to read this; I’d love some feedback on what in my opinion is clearly my best OU team, and I absolutely love using it.

This is gonna be quick as my phone is dying

I would suggest Alakazam in Reuniclus's spot. It doesn't need to waste a turn setting up trick room, and their offenses are about the same. Plus, Alakazam doesn't need to waste a slot on a move that hinders the rest of the team, and can run Substitute.

This is gonna be quick as my phone is dying

I would suggest Alakazam in Reuniclus's spot. It doesn't need to waste a turn setting up trick room, and their offenses are about the same. Plus, Alakazam doesn't need to waste a slot on a move that hinders the rest of the team, and can run Substitute.
I understand this, but i like how reuniclus can switch into attacks with its very nice bulk. Alakazam is like the frailest thing around, so i kind of like the bulky attaacker over the powerful,frail one, at least on this team.
Thanks!

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, GCSChris, cool team you have here.

First, I think you should probably have longer descriptions for each of your Pokémon. The rules say you're supposed to have three lines, which makes it easier for raters to get inside your head and find out why it is you chose each Pokémon and what they bring to the team as a whole. But more importantly, it allows you to flesh out these issues yourself. If you think to yourself "wait...why exactly am I using this?" and can't think of a good answer, you'll know a change should be made.

Anyway, the team has a few issues, such as opposing Landorus-I and Agility Thunderus-T as well as some problems with Breloom, who can sweep your team if certain threats have been weakened. To fix this, I would recommend putting Specially Defensive Celebi over Reuniclus. I know you like having Reuniclus as a late-game cleaner, but that role is already filled by both Landorus and Scizor, which can clean up teams pretty effectively if given the right support (Tyranitar in this case). Celebi would give you what your team needs even more: resistances. With Celebi on your team, you have ways to deal with all of the threats I mentioned above, as well as a second answer to Keldeo. With the set below, you also have a way to escape opposing Tyranitar trying to Pursuit trap you, which then gives you a chance to set up with Landorus. Not only that, you also have Giga Drain, which lets you deal with things like Gastrodon and Rotom-W, which can be troublesome for your team to handle.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 Spd / 232 SDef / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Hope I was able to help! Good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)