Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Alright everyone, I'm happy to announce that I've finished Chapter 14! Just one or two chapters to go (depending on whether or not I decide to rematch the Pokemon League). After this I'm not sure if I'll do another scramble or a Nuzlocke. If I do do a Nuzlocke, expect it to be in more of an in-game style, where I'm actually writing the thoughts of the character, not of myself playing the game. If I end up doing a scramble, expect the updates to be shorter, it's kind of a pain having to write so much instead of just playing >.<

@Pika25, take a Cleffa from Mt. Coronet North. It's favorite things are stars and Grass Pokemon. Since it likes stars, it must know and keep Sweet Kiss ASAP to show other Pokemon some stars. It must also know Magical Leaf, Solarbeam, or Grass Knot ASAP. Once it knows Sweet Kiss and a Grass move, it may evolve. Its last 2 moves cannot be the same type (example: 2 Normal Moves). Good luck!

@Jimera :( I really enjoy reading your updates, so I think you should do updates like you write already. Ah well, maybe it's time for me to take that baton. Anyways, I just need the pokemon and moveset changes from AasTmO before I can start. Thanks again to everyone who gave me a pokemon!!

So back on my Blue scramble...

So after catching Rooney, I trained him up to about level 16 on just Pidgeys and Bellsprouts. I took all of the trainers on Route 24 to train up Blair, just because he needed the training to solo my rival on the S.S. Anne. I took on Misty, without any trouble thanks to Ash and Blair, and then took my time getting to Vermilion. I took down about half of the trainers on the S.S. Anne, and when Blair was around level 26, I took on my rival. I was surprised, but thanks to having to teach him Dig, he barely survived a Razor Leaf to take down Jarret's Ivysaur. So WOOT, I could evolve him finally.
Then... I decided to step off of the ship and take the time to try and train Pareras to a decent level, but he only knew Scratch and Stun Spore. Thankfully, I grabbed the Body Slam TM off of the S.S. Anne, so I taught him that. At level 20, he learned Leech Life, which I didn't think would do anything against anything, so I went with something that was super effective against; Bellsprout. It was a OHKO against every one of them I've seen since, and managed to get him to level 24, without evolving of course. After I train up Ash and Rooney to around the same level, I'll either take on Lt. Surge or I'll make my way through Rock Tunnel, using a map, because I do not want to take the time to get Flash by filling my Pokédex.

Blair - Wartortle
Level 27
Bite
Tail Whip
Dig
Water Gun

Pareras - Paras
Level 24
Scratch
Stun Spore
Body Slam
Leech Life

Ash - Pikachu
Level 20
Thundershock
Growl
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack

Rooney - Sandshrew
Level 21
Scratch
Sand-Attack
Slash

Soon, I will work on getting Doduo just as soon as I get to Celadon, and I'm going to catch a Bellsprout to simply be an HM slave for Cut and the possible Flash, depending on my ability to get through Rock Tunnel.

Hey guys, if AasTmO does not post the changes today, I will take a pokemon, following my rules of course, from anyone. The one exception is if you have given me one before, please use a friend's personality instead. Thanks!!

I've always wanted to try a challegne run, but I always thought I was not good enough. Now I might as well step up and do one.

Emerald
I can not trade
I dont want anything ridiculous. A high medium. (OUt of ten, maybe a 6.5 or a 7)
Nothing with the Battle Frontier, and no EVs. + Follow the regular rules.

I've always wanted to try a challegne run, but I always thought I was not good enough. Now I might as well step up and do one.

Emerald
I can not trade
I dont want anything ridiculous. A high medium. (OUt of ten, maybe a 6.5 or a 7)
Have a Numel named ROCKSOLID. It has confidence in it's abilities to survive anything thrown at him, even Water-type moves! To evolve, he must tank 5 Water-type attacks from a Pokemon no more than 5 levels lower than him.

Once he evolves, his confidence grows further! He believes that he is the greatest Pokemon to ever live, and thinks you're the best trainer out there. He gets mad when others claim to be the best, and he loses control when someone else uses a Camerupt. He therefore must solo Maxie at Magma Hideout, and must be the only Pokemon you use in the battle against Maxie & Tabitha at the Space Center.

If he can complete all of the above, he may learn the "forbidden technique" Eruption, which must OHKO Wally's Gardevoir at Victory Road. Seriously, who does that kid think he is? (This is optional, but everything else is not)

Daedalus, take Scritchy the Anorith. Scritchy loves scrathing things sooooo much with its claws that it must never use a move that does not involve using its claws to attack the foe. This includes Aerial Ace, Break and Dig because I said so. In order to evolve into Armaldo, it must solo Normans Vigoroth, to show who's the better scratcher.

Emerald
I can not trade
Congratulations! You gain the most awesome challenge ever!
Take Willow the Skitty! The challenge this Skitty has is so amazing! I had to split it up into a lot of spoiler tags!
Firstly, the song lyrics!
I whip my hair back and forth

Secondly, the story of the challenge!
Take a Female Skitty and nickname her Willow. Of course, she loves the song in the spoiler above, but she can't exactly follow it unless I change the words a little, so, Willow now whips her tail back and forth.
Of course, she has to keep Tail whip to do so, and must Whip her tail a total of 3 times (and only three) against every pokemon she fights. She also must learn Swagger when you get to Slateport, as she must turn her swag on at the beginning of every battle she enters. One major thing however, is that she has "haters", so if ever she gets hit by pokemon she has confused/attracted, she must shake them off by whipping her tail even more, once for every time she is hit.

And that does it for Skittys story, Now for how she can evolve!
There are two ways of Skitty evolving. One good, one not so good.
If She Whips her Tail 3 times against 150 Trainer Owned Pokemon:
Willow believes she has Spread Her whipping to the world, and after evolving, only has to Whip her Tail once against pokemon, instead of three times as a skitty. She also loses her "haters" so that restriction is done too.

If She Whips her Tail 6 Times Against 75 Trainer Owned Pokemon
She evolves to protect herself, and must now Whip her tail Five Times every battle, instead of three. Every other Restriction Stays.

Tl;Dr Version
Take a Skitty, Nickname her Willow.
She must learn and keep Tail Whip and Swagger,use Swagger at the start of every battle she is in and use Tail Whip three, and only three times against every trainer owned pokemon she faces, unless the following restriction applies:
If She is hit through Swagger Confusion, or Cute Charm Attraction, she must Tail Whip again the next turn.
If She Whips her Tail (At least) 3 times against 150 Trainer Owned pokemon, She can evolve, and only needs to Tail Whip once against every trainer owned pokemon she faces afterwards.
If She Whips her Tail (At least) 6 Times against 75 trainer owned pokemon, she must evolve, and use tail whip 5 times against trainer owned pokemon.

FINISHED, Have fun :)

Daedalus1: You seem to have a bit of a Water-type weakness, so take an Oddish caught from the route between Mauville and Verdanturf. You may not evolve it into Gloom until you obtain the Sun Stone from the guy in Mossdeep City, upon which you are free to evolve it into Gloom and then Bellossom at any time. It is not allowed to use any attack against a Water, Rock, or Ground type Pokemon before you battle Wallace, and in the battle against him, Bellossom will be so psyched about finally being able to exploit its type advantage that it may only use damaging Grass-type moves (if you do choose to use him).

Daedalus1, take a Sandshrew and name it Sandstorm.
It must learn and keep Sandstorm ASAP. (TM is at the south end of the desert, if I remember correctly)
This tiny ground-type thinks it is a Hippopotas, so every time it is sent out in a trainer battle it must set up a sandstorm immediately.

To evolve, it must solo three trainers in Norman's gym.

It must set up a sandstorm in all gym battles (not being soloed) after you catch it, and at least two battles in the elite four.

Daedelus1, take a Corphish and call it Cleancut. It loves precision and timing and hates Scritchy the Anorith (therefore you can not switch from one to the other). It can only use cutting attacks involving its claws (E.g Cut but you can judge what a cutting attack entails) after you conquer the aqua hideout it must evolve but it will immediately it will hate its new dark type and will not fight.
To remedy this it must beat a master rank contest of your choice where it gets its mojo back and give in to the darkness, at this point it can only use non cutting attacks involving its claws(e.g Crabhammer). After this and befor you fight the elite four it must prove itself to you by beating rayquaza,
good luck.

Alright everybody, I've finished yet another chapter of my Leaf Green Scramble! Just one more Chapter and this scramble is done. There will be more of SOMETHING from me in the future, but we'll just wait and see what I do.

So as usual, keep an eye on my signature for updates.

Deadelus, take a Mudkip. Name it "iHateUall"
It's absolutely sick of everyone quoting that dead and overused meme, so it must always know Bide, as it can only keep its rage in for so long, and must use against Roxanne and Brawly. It must have a TM/HM move whenever possible. It must solo May on Rt 110 in order to evolve into Marshtomp. When its a Marshtomp, its rage has subsided a bit, as its no longer a Mudkip and part of the meme, so it can forget Bide. It must solo Norman's Slaking and Winona's Tropius to evolve into Swampert. When its a Swampert, it has accepted its fate of being "lieked," but its must know Rest so it can get away from people constantly anoying it for two turns. Once it becomes a Swampert, you can change the nickname if you wish.

SoulSilver Update:

I made it to Mahogany Town and decided to train a bit while heading to the Lake of Rage. I encountered the Red Gyarados and caught it. I met up with Lance and his Dragonite and proceeded to go back to Mahogany Town to stop the strange radio signal. I stopped Team Rocket for now and went to challenge Pryce for the Glacier Badge.

I was able to get through the gym fairly easily with Hax FTW's and Ewwww's Thunder attacks. Then I finally Battled with Pryce. It was a fairly easy battle with Thunder taking out Seel and Dewgong and Surf from Versity took out Piloswine.

I walked outside and recieved a call, Team Rocket took over the Goldenrod City Radio Tower. I battled my way through the Tower, and then proceeded to the underground. I then battled my Rival, My team was very capable and he lost. After the battle, Gay Dino evolved into Meganium! I then found the Director and went back to the Radio Tower. I then battled the remaining Executives and finally stopped Team Rocket. I went back to Mahogany Town to go to Blackthorn City to get my 8th badge from Clair.

Summary:

Badges:

Objective: Heading to Blackthorn City

Current Pokemon:

Gay Dino ♀
Level 34 Meganium
Adamant Nature
Ability: Overgrow
-Headbutt
-Reflect
-Razor Leaf
-Iron Tail
Challange:
-Gay Dino the Chikorita from Arcticblast
It has no restrictions until level 12. Then, to make a long story short, it realizes that is is in fact a gay dinosaur. It cannot use "other" moves (Growl, Reflect, Toxic, etc.) on Pokemon of the opposite gender, but it must use one at least every other turn against Pokemon of the same gender. No restrictions against genderless Pokemon.

Hax FTW ♂
Level 30 Dunsparce
Careful Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
-Thunder
-Headbutt
-Roost
-Rollout
Challange:
-Hax FTW the Dunsparce from Newby n0Ob
It must have the following moveset before the Elite Four round 1, whether it has Serene Grace or Run Away:
- Thunder Wave/Thunder/Glare
- Headbutt
- Roost
- a move of your choice
It must use this moveset to solo Koga just to give him a taste of his own medicine. In Kanto, have it solo Brock to prove how effective the set is, even against Rock-types.

Moxie ♂
Level 29 Pinsir
Adamant Nature
Ability: Hyper Cutter
-Headbutt
-Brick Break
-Seismic Toss
-Strength
Challange:
-Moxie the Pinsir from EndQuote
This ferocious bug-type is convinced it is from the Dream World, so it pretends it's ability is Moxie.
If it KOes a foe, it cannot switch out and must use only attacks, because it is convinced it has an attack boost.

If it has a Status Condition, you must consider it asleep until it is healed.
Meaning no attacks until the status is healed.

It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four, all three belonging to different trainers.

Ewwww ♂
Level 31 Koffing
Modest Nature
Ability: Levitate
-Tackle
-Payback
-Thunder
-Fire Blast
Challange:
-Ewwww the Koffing from dregstr
Every Pokémon is grossed out by his Stench but he's oblivious to this and thinks he's as clean as a Suicune. So he can't use Poison type moves because that's not what Suicune would do. To evolve he has to fight 10 Poison type Pokémon and that's when he realizes he's a Poison type and he freaks out. In an attempt to clean himself he has to solo 5 Water types but to no avail he's still dirty. So he faces it and evolves into Weezing.

Weezing embraces his Poison-type and can use poison moves but is frustrated so he must learn Frustration. He must solo Misty because he wants to battle her Water Pokemon.

Versity ♀
Level 28 Lapras
Bashful Nature
Ability: Water Absorb
-Confuse Ray
-Ice Shard
-Surf
-Body Slam
Challange:
-Versity the Lapras from Jimera0
Versity wants to be as diverse as possible, and therefore cannot have two attacks of the same type. It must also have at least one of each physical, special and status moves at all times. Again because it wants to be as varied as possible, it must act as if under the effects of Torment at all times, switching up its attacks every turn. In order to be used in the Elite Four, have it solo a gym of your choice, making sure to use every attack she has at some point during the battle.

NoMBounce ♂
Level 28 Xatu
Rash Nature
Ability: Synchronize
-Fly
-Shadow Ball
-Hyper Beam
-Return
Challange:
-NoMBounce the Natu from King Serperior
No restrictions except that it is forever under the effects of Torment and Taunt. Have fun:)

fuck, after 14 pages and I still haven't started Yellow. :x

here's the crap guys:

1. TM13, take a Bulbasaur named Powder. It must know & keep Sleep Powder & Poison Powder. Evolve after inflicting both Powders of 5 Different Trained Pokemon, & repeat this on a further 15 to evolve again.

2. TM13, take a Sandslash named AJ. When it's a Sandshrew, it thinks that it's AJ's one from the anime, and is super tough. Hence it can take water attacks with no worries, meaning that it needs to battle every water pokemon you fight until he evolves. Also, to evolve, he needs a 100 victories, with at least 50 of them being water pokemon you encounter. As a Sandslash, the only Ground type move he can use is Fissure, since he's a boss like that.

Oh, and he needs to solo Agatha. Enjoy.

3. Ice Beam, take a Rattata named Master. To evolve, solo the rival once after you get badge two. It cannot know hms. Must solo one E4 member out of the last 4 and one E4 member. For bonus points have it land the finishing blow on the champ's main Pokemon.

4. @TM13IceBeam: I'd like to give you a Nidoran(male). Call him Stabby, because you're gonna be using a lot of his weapon-like moves! It can only evolve after soloing eight Pokemon with STAB (which is only Poison Sting in Yellow, I believe), two of which being GLMP, and then evolve again after defeating four Pokemon with Horn Drill. After completing these, he has no restrictions!

...Except the need to OHKO three Pokemon from a selection of the last two Gym Leaders, or Pokemon from the Elite Four. Only one Pokemon from each member (IE, if you OHKO one of Blaine's, then you can't OHKO two more to complete the challenge), and it doesn't have to be Horn Drill; it can be any move, as long as it takes someone out in one hit.

5. Well aren't you lucky! You get King the Tauros, the best Pokemon of the old Gen I metagame! Enjoy your future MVP! Oh wait, hang on a second, this just in.
Apparently King thinks that it has the ability Sheer Force from Generation Five, despite the fact that it's in Generation ONE and Abilities aren't even a thing yet. He also got his Special and Attack stat mixed up. As such, the only moves you are allowed to use on King are Special moves that would be boosted by Sheer Force in 5th generation.

Well it's still a Tauros right? Enjoy!

One Final Word: Don't worry IceBeam, this challange isn't as sadistic as it looks. In Gen I Tauros actually has an acceptable Special Stat of 70 and Tauros has a surprisingly decent Special move pool. It might not be your MVP but it shouldn't suck total balls either.

EDIT: @TM13IceBeam, I just realized that EVERY Special attack Tauros learns in Gen I would be boosted by Sheer Force, making that restriction useless. So to rectify that I'll add in this little bit: If the secondary effect of one of King's attacks activates, it becomes confused as to how that is possible and must be swapped out immediately, to prevent it from hitting itself. Gottit?

6.TM13IceBeam, you're going with TM13 the Seel! Ice Beam is it's favorite move, and it refuses to use any other attacking move (once he learns it via TM!) Have it solo Koga and/or Sabrina. If it can solo both of them, it can use Surf.

Let's rock!

EDIT: nice conflict for Rattata and Seel. Too bad it doesn't specify which last 4 Gym Leaders, I can always manipulate my fights such that I fight Erika later than Koga/Sabrina. :P
------
Yay update!

--Got Pikachu (NN Boxed, see, its gonna get boxed, geddit?)
--Delivered Oak's Parcel
--Did the Potion glitch thing to max Pikachu's happiness for Bulbasaur
--Caught Master (L3) and Stabby (L6) at Route 2
--grindin

VS. RIVAL 2

Spearow L9, Eevee L8 VS Nidoran(M) L8, Rattata L8
1st turn: Spearow crits with Peck, Nidoran horn attacks
2nd turn: Spearow Leers, Nidoran crits with Horn Attack
3rd turn: Spearow Leers, Nidoran kills off Spearow
4th turn: switch to Rattata, Eevee Tackles
5th turn: Tackle, Tail Whip
6th turn: Tackle, Tail Whip
7th turn: switch to Nidoran, Sand Attack
8th turn: Tackle, failed Tail Whip
9th turn: Horn Miss, tail whip
10th turn: Horn Miss, Tackle crit\
11th turn: Switch to rattata, sand attack
12th turn: Tackle, fail tail whip
13th turn: Tackle, Eevee dies

End rival battle!
Aftermath:
Stabby (L9) : 2/28 HP (:P), 17 Atk, 12 Def, 16 Spe, 14 Spc
Master (L8): 16/24 HP, 15 Atk, 13 Def, 18 Spe, 10 Spc
MVP: Stabby

--in Viridian Forest
--left in one piece
--GRIND MOAR
--Stopped Stabby's evolution @ LV 16
--Stopped Stabby's evolution @ LV 17
--Learnt Poison Sting
--Stabby solo'd 6 wild Pokemon with Poison Sting
--VS. LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM FACING BROCK
Diglett/Sandshrew vs Rattata/Nidoran(M)
rattata rape
--VS. BROCK
Geodude LV 10/Onix LV 12 VS. Rattata LV 11/Nidoran(M) LV 17 :P

Lead with Rattata, swap to Nidoran, Double Kick KO

Poison Sting poisons Onix (yay)
Brock used Full Heal!
BROCK USED FULL HEAL!

After 7 rounds...

Onix was poisoned!
Brock used Full Heal!

Then...

Onix was poisoned again!
Brock used Full Heal!

Srsly? 3 full heals?

Then...

omg.
the
exact
same
fucking
scenario
HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT ONIX IF BROCK HAS LIKE INFINITE AMOUNT OF FULL HEALS

Then again...

5th time
full heal

6th time
NO FULL HEALS

--Poison Sting has 3 PP left
--fuck

then poison kills just as i use up my last Poison Sting PP

BROCK DEFEATED

AFTERMATH:

Master (L11): 22/30 HP, 18 Atk, 16 Def, 23 Spe, 12 Spc
Stabby (L17): 8/46 HP, 29 Atk, 21 Def, 28 Spe, 24 Spc
MVP: Stabby (duh)

--SAVE GAME
Omg that was gay

Ok, I have two words about Reaper's 10 attempts to solo Jasmine:
PARA HAX!!

Granted, I spent all of my money on Super Potions, so I will soon sell half and buy Para Heals. My Quick Claw activated 4 times in a row and Reaper was fully Para'd during all four times. Wish me luck:)

Luigiowns challange is impossible.

C'mon, 3 tail whips per battle? Daedalus will be crazy if he accept it!

By the way, just a comment from my scramble challange: Never taught that a restriction of “cannot fight normal and poison types” was SO CRUEL. I think NO WEAK fought like 5 mons since the start!(he can’t fight trainer owned mons because all of them must be soloed by SuperStuff until he fight 150…whatever).

I was grinding everyone to level 25 until continue, I decided to do this after the first SuperStuff fail(he failed, but didn’t died) on soloing Jupiter’s Skuntank, and the only one left to this was Trusty or my HM Slave, Slave(a Bibarel from my Pearl version), the rest was level 15 and died just to one fart. So, my solution was grind. No problem…except NO WEAK.

I finished the grind and now I started going to the next city to face my next problem…or may I say challange?

OK now, AasTmO's time to change his challange is up!! I'll be taking one more challange! All the original rules apply, but if you'd like to give me a second challange, use a friend or family member instead. Remember MAX CREATIVITY PLEASE!!

Well, after a very busy week, I have finally gotten through the first gym on my scramble challenge. Here is the story.

Started the game, being a male named Scramble (No Creativity). I go through the stupid pregame stuff and choose NoFirstGen the Chimchar. Go and almost lose to my rival due to a stupid crit. From there I get to pick up my rivals gear and head off to Sandgem Town. In an incredibly lucky move, the first Shinx I see Shiny! It is ironic that its name is Shine the Shiny Shinx. So I then continue up to Jubilee City and go to the trainer school. I go get the Poketch, and then proceed through towards Oreburgh gate, until I see the Budew. I quickly catch it and call it Dewdrop the Budew. I then continue on through to Oreburgh. After messing around in the mine beating up on some helpless Geodudes, I head out to the gym. After beating up the underlings, I face Roark. This battle is as I thought it would be, really annoying. Dewdrop is my only pokemon with another super effective class, and that is Absorb, plus it's you know, Budew. But Dewdrop has a secret weapon, Growth. So against Geodude, I quickly begin to Growth up, getting to +3. I then begin to attempt my sweep, quickly taking out both Onix and Geodude and healing myself to full health in the process. I was thinking that I may be able to solo here and get better attacking moves, until Cranidos came out. That stupid thing proceeded to outspeed (not really surprising) and take out my Budew with one headbutt. This is where I worry because I have exactly 0 attacks that are effective against this thing. So I send out Shinx and manage to at least do a little damage before it falls to headbutt. I then send out my last pokemon, Chimchar (other than a HM Slave Bidoof). I hope that Chimchar can win this as I click scratch. I watch as the thing slowly goes down and Cranidos faints. I got a miraculous critical hit! So thats were I stand now, being here with one lucky crit and a lucky catch. So here is my team.

NoFirstGen Lvl 11
1. Scratch
2. Leef
3. Ember
4. Taunt

Shine Lvl 11
1. Tackle
2. Leer
3. Charge

Dewdrop Lvl 12
1. Absorb
2. Growth
3. Water Sport
4. Stun Spore

Hopefully it won't be as long between posts next time.

Ok, Akemaster take a Pokemon named after my friend West. It must be male. West is intelligent enough to know that to sweep, you need power, so it must know a boosting move at all times. West is all out offensive when playing Pokemon, so he must know 3 attacking moves in addition to the boosting move. His best Pokemon is his Infernape, but you can choose any poke you want as long as it's offensive stats are higher than it's defensive stats. It must know a tutor move because he has to be tutored occasionally. Crush all foes with a mix set because all of his pokes are mixed. It may not know any stall movEs because he cannot use stall worth anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)