Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Merry ho ho ho.

Kavatika for your HeartGold challenge, take a Rattata. Name it Reiko.

This FEMALE Rattata hails from Tian Xia. Think Asia, except without dictators and such. She is particularly skilled in the way of the ninja. All her moves must consist of the following moves ASAP: Dark-type moves, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Iron Tail, and Rock Smash. She is very adherent to a code of law. Unlike that scum Team Rocket. She must solo at least 2 Team Rocket Admins that do not conflict with other challenges. And finally, she must prove that she is the best ninja of all! She must solo Koga and Janine.

gl;hf

Last edited:
Kavatika for your Yellow challenge, allow me to grant you Reginald the Goldeen.

He's a bit of an arrogant, upper-class twit, to be honest. He doesn't expect to be the lead all the time, but for all major battles that aren't being solo'd by his teammates, he damn well expects you to use him and let him KO something. This would be slightly easier if he weren't so stupid: He has a major issue with technical machines and can't learn from them. He can only use his natural level-up pool.

Reginald is aware of the fact that in the remakes Goldeen can learn Megahorn, and thus Reginald is convinced he is the best anti-psychic weapon you have. And he expects to be used against all of them (except obviously any that are already going to be fought by Comet and Infernal). With the exception of Saffron Gym and Lorelei's Pokemon, though, he isn't necessarily required to beat them - but if he doesn't beat any given Psychic type he's going to be sulking for the rest of that area and won't do anything for you.

BTW guys a quick reminder that I have only two mons of my own and could use more. Red, medium difficulty, no excessive grinding.

Last edited:
Kavatika for your Yellow challenge, allow me to grant you Reginald the Goldeen.

He's a bit of an arrogant, upper-class twit, to be honest. He doesn't expect to be the lead all the time, but for all major battles that aren't being solo'd by his teammates, he damn well expects you to use him and let him KO something. This would be slightly easier if he weren't so stupid: He has a major issue with technical machines and can't learn from them. He can only use his natural level-up pool.

BTW guys a quick reminder that I have only two mons of my own and could use more. Red, medium difficulty, no excessive grinding.
I'm fine with what you have so far for the challenge, but if you could crank up the difficulty a little bit, that would be nice.

I might do a Soulsilver scramble. Medium difficulty, no Pokewalker, but trading available (but only to evolve, grind more quickly and get moves earlier etc). No legendaries, but no matter what I am given I want to be able to use it to its full capability, and so do not be too harsh with the move restrictions. I also want to enjoy this scramble, and so I expect the challanges to be original entertaining, so no boring 'have a solo b gym without using c move' sort of thing. I can trade pokemon to get TM and move tutor moves as needed, as well. I do not want a starter, and I will only catch one pokemon before the first gym. Finally, I will be playing up to Red; however I will not allow solos of any of his pokemon as, in addition to the 6 I catch in Johto, I will take another 6 pokemon to be caught in Kanto to create a rotating roster of 12 that I will be using. I also do not want to have too many type overlaps as I want a balanced team. Therefore, I will only accept one pokemon of each type; perhaps two if they have different enough combinations

Last edited:
I might do a Soulsilver scramble. Medium difficulty, no Pokewalker, but trading available (but only to evolve, grind more quickly and get moves earlier etc). No legendaries, but no matter what I am given I want to be able to use it to its full capability, and so do not be too harsh with the move restrictions. I also want to enjoy this scramble, and so I expect the challanges to be original entertaining, so no boring 'have a solo b gym without using c move' sort of thing. I can trade pokemon to get TM and move tutor moves as needed, as well. I do not want a starter, and I will only catch one pokemon before the first gym. Finally, I will be playing up to Red; however I will not allow solos of any of his pokemon as, in addition to the 6 I catch in Johto, I will take another 6 pokemon to be caught in Kanto to create a rotating roster of 12 that I will be using. I also do not want to have too many type overlaps as I want a balanced team.
Take Float the Hoppip. Once it has been caught, it can never forget Splash, it likes bouncing around. It's moveset must consist of 3 Grass moves(and Splash) as soon as possible and never know less. It must solo Bugsy, then Jasmine, to evolve each time. It must know one Special, one Status, and one Physical move as soon as possible. It may solo Koga to forget Splash.

I might do a Soulsilver scramble. Medium difficulty, no Pokewalker, but trading available (but only to evolve, grind more quickly and get moves earlier etc). No legendaries, but no matter what I am given I want to be able to use it to its full capability, and so do not be too harsh with the move restrictions. I also want to enjoy this scramble, and so I expect the challanges to be original entertaining, so no boring 'have a solo b gym without using c move' sort of thing. I can trade pokemon to get TM and move tutor moves as needed, as well. I do not want a starter, and I will only catch one pokemon before the first gym. Finally, I will be playing up to Red; however I will not allow solos of any of his pokemon as, in addition to the 6 I catch in Johto, I will take another 6 pokemon to be caught in Kanto to create a rotating roster of 12 that I will be using. I also do not want to have too many type overlaps as I want a balanced team.
I reserve an Oddish.

EDIT: This Oddish has two possible outcomes, depending on which option you choose. Please decide before opening either hide tag.
Take Emo the Oddish. This Oddish has some serious issues. He hates himself and wants to feel pain. He first must solo Whitney to evolve into Gloom. When he evolves, he becomes even more suicidal and decides that he has to use only Poison-type moves, because he wants the poison to splash back and cause him pain. After soloing Morty, though, he realizes that causing himself pain is useless. He needs to cause Team Rocket pain. Evolve him into a Bellossom named Narcissus. Now he believes he is amazing. He must never use another Poison-type move again in order to preserve his beauty. He must solo Archer in the Goldenrod Radio Tower. He must solo the Blackthorn Gym (but not Clair; I'm not sadistic).

Take Lover the Oddish. He loves everyone and everything, and must spread that love. As soon as you get Attract, teach it to him. He must make a pokemon fall in love with him at least once before he can evolve. Once he evolves, he looks like he hates everyone, but he really loves them! He must prove this to them by never using super-effective moves. After enough people think he's depressed (after you beat Chuck), he snaps. Evolve him to Vileplume and rename him Hateful. He hates everything and everyone. He must always have a Pouson-type move to make his foes suffer. He must solo Pryce. He wants to be with his people, the evil Team Rocket. Have him solo all the admins and leaders in the Goldenrod Radio Tower.

GL;HF! I hope you like my challange!

Last edited:

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Alright.
I'm doing a Yellow scramble.
Medium-high difficulty, No trading. No legendaries.
No giving me an HM slave and making it use a buncha HMs in its movelist.
At least 1 attacking move.

And CJorex.
Take a Wooper, name it WHO DAT?
WHO DAT? is a THUG. He must carry Water Gun at all times, or else a rival gang member could shoot his ass up.
WHO DAT? must also learn Mud Bomb ASAP. And NEVER FORGET IT.
He must carry 1 HM on his roster.
His final move must consist of either Swagger or Flash.
In order for him to evolve, WHO DAT? must solo a Team Rocket Admin AND a Gym Leader to send a message to the Rockets AND the League- NOBODY fucks with the SuperShoopers.
He must also solo ONE of Erika's Pokemon.

Take Float the Hoppip. Once it has been caught, it can never forget Splash, it likes bouncing around. It's moveset must consist of 3 Grass moves(and Splash) as soon as possible and never know less. It must solo Bugsy, then Jasmine, to evolve each time. It must know one Special, one Status, and one Physical move as soon as possible. It may solo Koga to forget Splash.
Sorry, have to reject- soloing 2-3 gyms while having a type disadvantage kind of breaks my difficulty
I reserve an Oddish.

EDIT: This Oddish has two possible outcomes, depending on which option you choose. Please decide before opening either hide tag.
Take Emo the Oddish. This Oddish has some serious issues. He hates himself and wants to feel pain. He first must solo Whitney to evolve into Gloom. When he evolves, he becomes even more suicidal and decides that he has to use only Poison-type moves, because he wants the poison to splash back and cause him pain. After soloing Morty, though, he realizes that causing himself pain is useless. He needs to cause Team Rocket pain. Evolve him into a Bellossom named Narcissus. Now he believes he is amazing. He must never use another Poison-type move again in order to preserve his beauty. He must solo Archer in the Goldenrod Radio Tower. He must solo the Blackthorn Gym (but not Clair; I'm not sadistic).

Take Lover the Oddish. He loves everyone and everything, and must spread that love. As soon as you get Attract, teach it to him. He must make a pokemon fall in love with him at least once before he can evolve. Once he evolves, he looks like he hates everyone, but he really loves them! He must prove this to them by never using super-effective moves. After enough people think he's depressed (after you beat Chuck), he snaps. Evolve him to Vileplume and rename him Hateful. He hates everything and everyone. He must always have a Pouson-type move to make his foes suffer. He must solo Pryce. He wants to be with his people, the evil Team Rocket. Have him solo all the admins and leaders in the Goldenrod Radio Tower.

GL;HF! I hope you like my challange!
Accepted. Glad I chose option 1- I hate sad endings :)
Alright.
I'm doing a Yellow scramble.
Medium-high difficulty, No trading. No legendaries.
No giving me an HM slave and making it use a buncha HMs in its movelist.
At least 1 attacking move.

And CJorex.
WHO DAT? is a THUG. He must carry Water Gun at all times, or else a rival gang member could shoot his ass up.
In order for him to evolve, WHO DAT? must solo a Team Rocket Admin AND a Gym Leader to send a message to the Rockets AND the League- NOBODY f***s with the SuperShoopers.
OK, I'll accept.

I'm fine with what you have so far for the challenge, but if you could crank up the difficulty a little bit, that would be nice.
Sure, sure. I had a lot of various ideas I'd written out and I guess I just deleted one too many of them. Question though: What are the rules for your other Pokemon? It'll be better to know now then to go "AND THEN YOU HAVE TO SOLO THE ELITE 4" and hear "Yeah Pikachu is already doing that." (Disclaimer: You will not be asked to solo the Elite 4 with Reginald. That's crazy talk.)

Sure, sure. I had a lot of various ideas I'd written out and I guess I just deleted one too many of them. Question though: What are the rules for your other Pokemon? It'll be better to know now then to go "AND THEN YOU HAVE TO SOLO THE ELITE 4" and hear "Yeah Pikachu is already doing that." (Disclaimer: You will not be asked to solo the Elite 4 with Reginald. That's crazy talk.)
Just look for them on page 395~397

LockesandKeyes take KalosLover the Charmander. He has heard That in Kalos he can Mega Evolve. He likes Mega X better, so he can only use physical types of moves. It must solo Misty, then it can evolve into Charmeleon. It must also solo any E4 member to evolve into Charizard. He then thinks he can Mega Evolve truly and can learn one Special type move.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
LockesandKeyes take KalosLover the Charmander. He has heard That in Kalos he can Mega Evolve. He likes Mega X better, so he can only use physical types of moves. It must solo Misty, then it can evolve into Charmeleon. It must also solo any E4 member to evolve into Charizard. He then thinks he can Mega Evolve truly and can learn one Special type move.
Yes.
So much yes.
uberGrind mode activate.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
White Treehollow Scramble Areas 3-4 Update

Is it just me, or is it just shitty design in the Treehollow?

In area 3, there was a Nurse in the first room.

A Gate Trainer in the next.

Then the entrance to the Boss.

._.

In any case, both candidates failed their solos...again...(Scout with the whole team and Big Baby with the Emolga srsly why does it have Thunder)

So I had an epiphany.

And came up with three reasons why Scout cannot do his remaining solo.

1. After Area 2, it was a bust anyway
2. One of two non-traded Pokemon, making XP gain a pain
3. IT'S A FUCKING WATCHOG

So I switched up his moveset, eliminating the need for further solos. Yes, I am a coward. I have demonstrated that on more than one occasion.

In any case, Area 4 was a relative breeze, if you don't count some poor playing on my part reducing me to having Legend and 2nd Best left.

But we found a nurse, and beat the Boss. Nothing really noteworthy to say here...

2nd Best the Ferrothorn
Level 56
Item: Rocky Helmet
-Curse
-Power Whip
-Ingrain
-Iron Head
Comments: This guy is a pain in the ass to train. I might switch up the movepool later, but I have no idea what to give this fella...LVP fo' sho'

Big Baby the Gyarados
Level 57
Item: Muscle Band
-Splash
-Waterfall
-Flail
-Thrash
Comments: Same as before - strong attacky, notstostrong defensey. I kinda like him, though.

Legend the Metagross
Level 57
Item: Leftovers
-Psychic
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Protect
Comments: I actually don't mind Legend. Now that I'm actually seeing some FE Pokemon, he's doing some damage.

Kong the Slaking
Level 57
Item: Lucky Egg
-Stength
-Rock Tomb
-Earthquake
-Thunderbolt
Comments: Same deal with Kong - not as bad as I thought!

RBY the Tauros
Level 59
Item: Scope Lens
-Strength
-Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Hyper Beam
Comments: Still the same old EXP whore. In spite of that, however, I'm naming him MVP for the moment, simply because he hits like a fucking truck.

Scout the Watchog
Level 57
Item: Quick Claw
-Flash
-Dig
-Crunch
-Low Kick
Comments: A contendah. The source of my cowahdiss. There are many things I can call Scout, but LVP is not one of them.

And I go down deeper still...

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
And because I LOVE double-posting here, apparently, I'll start up a Diamond Scramble.

RULES:
-Medium Difficulty
-One of them must be my starter
-I'm too lazy to come up with more rules

Yay?

TEAM:

Take a Gastly named "Horror"

Horror is the nickname of a traditionally shy Gastly, he had never actually seen a Horror Movie.
However his friends once told him about a Horror Movie called PokeSkulls

This movie is about a Kabutops being revived after being a Fossil, once it got revived it started cutting the scientists in the lab over and sucking their body fluids (yay, Pokedex entries), only a little girl and her Cleffa survived the first assault. They ran as quick as they could, but the exit door was closed, there was no way out.
The two heroes were forced to hide and tried to survive. They hided in a small closet in a big hallway near the main hall of the lab. They stayed there for days, but eventually, they heard a sound behind them, it was Kabutops who discovered where they were and they knew it was over. Kabutops cut open the lab with it's big claws, letting the dead bodies of the scientists on the ground appear. He stabbed the girl in her throat with his scythe, which caused an instant dead. The Cleffa was shocked and quickly fired off a new attack that she never used before, the dead of her best friend made the adrenaline in her learn it. It was Metronome, she waggled her finger and it became SHEER COLD, sheer cold hit the Kabutops and let it turn in a fossil again.
A bit later the fire brigade finally came in, worried about the girl and the scientists, however they were just a bit too late. Cleffa was crying for hours and at the end of the day, she committed suicide out of sorrow.

Horror was totally shocked by this movie and got a trauma about it, just by hearing about it, that's how it got the nickname.
His Shock made him unable to use any Attacking moves (still able to use a variety of moves like Curse and Mean Look so this should be doable)
Also, he could never lead the party, because of his fear of the world.
Whenever a friend of him faints, he is remembered of the movie and wants to protect it from dying, if it fails to do so (switching or fainting), the fainted Pokemon may not be used until you beat the next gym excluding necessary solos.
Afterwards, you decided he had to solo Fantina, to come over his fear, once he does this, all of his restrictions are worn off, however you only get one chance, otherwise you keep all restrictions.

GL HF and hope it isn't too hard (even though I feel it will be ;_;)

Take Pyromaniac/Firestarter the Chimchar (whichever name you prefer). He is obsessed with starting the perfect fire, and so his moveset must be the the following:
  1. Start every battle with Sunny Day. Before you get the TM, just skip to step 2.
  2. Use Ember or Fire Spin to trap the foe in the flames. This can be replaced with Overheat post-game, if you want to play that far
  3. Use Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz to show the power of fire
  4. The fourth move is up to you. However, he may only use it once he has used every other move in the above order
No restrictions on evolving into Monferno, but to evolve into Infernape he must get all his moves and solo a gym leader using the above strategy. However, during the solo you may only use your fourth move once Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz has run out of PP.
Good luck; hope I haven't made it too hard :)

Get a Starly, name him Not Emo.
Not Emo isn't emo, in fact, he's very adamant!
All battles againt rival and the first trainer of every route must be started with Not Emo.
Because Not Emo is, in fact, not emo, he refuses to learn the following moves:
-Steel Wing
-Frustration
-Close combat (because wynaut)
-Endure
-Air Cutter
-Ominous Wind
-Toxic
In order for Not Emo to evolve, he must solo any Gym Trainer.
Not Emo doesn't like Rock. Especially not emo rock types of stuff. Not Emo must KO at least 3 Rock-Types above level 15 in order to evolve into Staravia as well.
However, he is terrified of the dark, and is unable to battle any Dark-Types.
No Emo can evolve to Staraptor anytime.

Take Bidoof the Moodylover. This Bidoof aspires to have the ability Moody. You try to tell it it can't have a new ability, but to no avail. It must know Hyper Fang, Protect, and Substitue ASAP. It must solo Fantina. After this, it may evolve into Bibarel. It must learn Surf. Once you have unlocked the move forgetter, it must forget Surf for Waterfall. Bibarel(but not Bidoof) may forget Hyper Fang for Focus Punch, Toxic, Dig, or Strength.

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And because I LOVE double-posting here, apparently, I'll start up a Diamond Scramble.

RULES:
-Medium Difficulty

Yay?
Take a Gastly named "Horror"

Horror is the nickname of a traditionally shy Gastly, he had never actually seen a Horror Movie.
However his friends once told him about a Horror Movie called PokeSkulls

This movie is about a Kabutops being revived after being a Fossil, once it got revived it started cutting the scientists in the lab over and sucking their body fluids (yay, Pokedex entries), only a little girl and her Cleffa survived the first assault. They ran as quick as they could, but the exit door was closed, there was no way out.
The two heroes were forced to hide and tried to survive. They hided in a small closet in a big hallway near the main hall of the lab. They stayed there for days, but eventually, they heard a sound behind them, it was Kabutops who discovered where they were and they knew it was over. Kabutops cut open the lab with it's big claws, letting the dead bodies of the scientists on the ground appear. He stabbed the girl in her throat with his scythe, which caused an instant dead. The Cleffa was shocked and quickly fired off a new attack that she never used before, the dead of her best friend made the adrenaline in her learn it. It was Metronome, she waggled her finger and it became SHEER COLD, sheer cold hit the Kabutops and let it turn in a fossil again.
A bit later the fire brigade finally came in, worried about the girl and the scientists, however they were just a bit too late. Cleffa was crying for hours and at the end of the day, she committed suicide out of sorrow.

Horror was totally shocked by this movie and got a trauma about it, just by hearing about it, that's how it got the nickname.
His Shock made him unable to use any Attacking moves (still able to use a variety of moves like Curse and Mean Look so this should be doable)
Also, he could never lead the party, because of his fear of the world.
Whenever a friend of him faints, he is remembered of the movie and wants to protect it from dying, if it fails to do so (switching or fainting), the fainted Pokemon may not be used until you beat the next gym excluding necessary solos.
Afterwards, you decided he had to solo Fantina, to come over his fear, once he does this, all of his restrictions are worn off, however you only get one chance, otherwise you keep all restrictions.

GL HF and hope it isn't too hard (even though I feel it will be ;_;)

and TakatoGuil I can give you another if you want

I might do a Soulsilver scramble. Medium difficulty, no Pokewalker, but trading available (but only to evolve, grind more quickly and get moves earlier etc). No legendaries, but no matter what I am given I want to be able to use it to its full capability, and so do not be too harsh with the move restrictions. I also want to enjoy this scramble, and so I expect the challanges to be original entertaining, so no boring 'have a solo b gym without using c move' sort of thing. I can trade pokemon to get TM and move tutor moves as needed, as well. I do not want a starter, and I will only catch one pokemon before the first gym. Finally, I will be playing up to Red; however I will not allow solos of any of his pokemon as, in addition to the 6 I catch in Johto, I will take another 6 pokemon to be caught in Kanto to create a rotating roster of 12 that I will be using. I also do not want to have too many type overlaps as I want a balanced team. Therefore, I will only accept one pokemon of each type; perhaps two if they have different enough combinations
Still need 4 more Johto pokemon and 6 more Kanto Pokemon for this

RULES:
-Medium Difficulty

Yay?
Take Pyromaniac/Firestarter the Chimchar (whichever name you prefer). He is obsessed with starting the perfect fire, and so his moveset must be the the following:
  1. Start every battle with Sunny Day. Before you get the TM, just skip to step 2.
  2. Use Ember or Fire Spin to trap the foe in the flames. This can be replaced with Overheat post-game, if you want to play that far
  3. Use Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz to show the power of fire
  4. The fourth move is up to you. However, he may only use it once he has used every other move in the above order
No restrictions on evolving into Monferno, but to evolve into Infernape he must get all his moves and solo a gym leader using the above strategy. However, during the solo you may only use your fourth move once Flame Wheel/Flare Blitz has run out of PP.
Good luck; hope I haven't made it too hard :)

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable

RULES:
-Medium Difficulty

Yay?
Get a Starly, name him Not Emo.
Not Emo isn't emo, in fact, he's very adamant!
All battles must be started with Not Emo.
Because Not Emo is, in fact, not emo, he refuses to learn the following moves:
-Steel Wing
-Frustration
-Close combat (because wynaut)
-Endure
-Air Cutter
-Ominous Wind
-Toxic
In order for Not Emo to evolve, he must solo any Gym Trainer.
Not Emo doesn't like Rock. Especially not emo rock types of stuff. Not Emo must KO at least 3 Rock-Types above level 15 in order to evolve into Staravia as well.
However, he is terrified of the dark, and is unable to battle any Dark-Types.
No Emo can evolve to Staraptor anytime.

RULES:
-Medium Difficulty

Yay?
Take Bidoof the Moodylover. This Bidoof aspires to have the ability Moody. You try to tell it it can't have a new ability, but to no avail. It must know Hyper Fang, Protect, and Substitue ASAP. It must solo Fantina. After this, it may evolve into Bibarel. It must learn Surf. Once you have unlocked the move forgetter, it must forget Surf for Waterfall. Bibarel(but not Bidoof) may forget Hyper Fang for Focus Punch, Toxic, Dig, or Strength.

EDIT: Also reminding people of my X Scramble(link in sig)

Last edited:
Just going to remind everyone of my SoulSilver scramble.
Accepted scramblemons:
Emo the Oddish/Narcissus the Belossom
This Oddish has two possible outcomes, depending on which option you choose. Please decide before opening either hide tag.
Option 1 chosen

WHO DAT? the Wooper
In order for him to evolve, WHO DAT? must solo a Team Rocket Admin AND a Gym Leader to send a message to the Rockets AND the League- NOBODY f***s with the SuperShoopers.

Just going to remind everyone of my SoulSilver scramble.

Accepted scramblemons:
Emo the Oddish/Narcissus the Belossom
This Oddish has two possible outcomes, depending on which option you choose. Please decide before opening either hide tag.
Option 1 chosen

WHO DAT? the Wooper
Take Replay the Porygon. It must learn every move you gain access to. If you gain a TM/HM it cannot learn, it must solo your next nonmajor battle. You may teach the TM/HM to another Pokemon instead, but if you do not and it can learn it, you must teach the Machine to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)